President Barack Obama - Term 1 and 2 Thread

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby UncleKG » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:27 am

"Trump is using Facebook ads to unload Inauguration tickets" http://mashable.com/2017/01/17/trump-inauguration-facebook-ad/#K8oyZOWDfaqM

Maybe all those people Drump claims are "pouring into Washington in record numbers" can sop up some of that excess inventory.
UncleKG
LP

Postby UncleKG » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:20 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:Polls were right all along during the elections right? IDIOT !

Translation: KG just showed me how foolish I look for not knowing what polls Drump was referring to, so I'll ignore that and attack the polls themselves now.

You know, you could have killed two birds with one stone on your previous reply.
UncleKG
LP

Postby UncleKG » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:22 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote: Conservatives don't have to bus people like liberals do State to State during elections. :roll:

Translation: KG just showed me an article that indicates only 200 bus passes have been requested after I said he was lying about it and proved me wrong, so now I'll pivot it and suggest conservatives don't use busses.
UncleKG
LP

Postby UncleKG » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:23 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:Something I'm sure KG will love I'm sure, Obama is the lowest of scumbags.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/obama-commut ... 37692.html

2 1/2 more days of this idiot.

I thought you liked Wikileaks.

I can't say I "love" this decision. I have very mixed feelings about it.

I am curious, though. Which of the revelations mentioned in this article are you most unhappy about seeing the light of day?

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2013/06/04/bradley_manning_trial_10_revelations_from_wikileaks_documents_on_iraq_afghanistan.html
Last edited by UncleKG on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
UncleKG
LP

Postby Boomchild » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:40 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:You are a liar again. He skipped Bush's for the same reason. It's purely a stunt, and frankly beneath the actions of a senator.

It's about honoring and respecting the tradition of a peaceful transition of power. It's not about whether or not you like or agree with the incoming POTUS.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby UncleKG » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:51 am

Fact Finder wrote: What Republicans skipped Obamas inaugural, other than W. Bush skipping the second one I can't find any worth any note. Assuredly none did it with such fanfare as these Dem punks are doing. Find them and get me name and links. The Capital HillBlue article that you guys are passing around as proof doesn't name one.

"You guys?" I haven't shared that article at all.

"Assuredly none did it with such fanfare?" Maybe they need better publicists. :lol: Maybe they were ashamed they chose not to attend.

Let me amend my statement in the interest of fairness. Do you feel a former president not attending Obama's inauguration also displayed actions beneath his (former) office?

All of the Democrats should attend. Based on Drump trying to give away tickets via Facebook ads, it appears there's going to be plenty of elbow room. :lol:

Here, let's get this out of the way. K.C. Journey Fan: "See! He's a lying liar! Cherry-picking! Twisting! Lying! LIAR!! Libtard! Snowflake! Trump is Cheeto Jesus!! RECOGNIZE! I demand respect! I drive a Dodge Stratus!"
UncleKG
LP

Postby UncleKG » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:08 am

Fact Finder wrote:Well, W. skipped the second because of his Dads ill health, and Carter skipped one because he had a trip in Latin America. So was it beneath GHWB to skip Obamas because he was in the hospital? Was it beneath his son to stay at his Fathers side, or was it beneath Carter because of a trip? Hmmmm, Me thinks you have selective Faux Outrage.

I'm not outraged in any way, shape or form. I don't care that GW missed Obama's inauguration, just as I don't care if Democrats don't go to Drump's. I was pointing out K.C.'s hypocrisy.

I realize the symbolism of presenting a united front, the peaceful transition of power, etc., but the next day, it's all going to devolve back into partisan bickering, so what does it REALLY matter? It's like parents acting like they like each other during the big family Christmas dinner, then going back to screaming at each other as soon as the relatives vacate the house.
UncleKG
LP

Postby steveo777 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:06 am

They should impeach those whiny, pick up the toys and go home, crybabies. A majority vote of non confidence is in order, for their behavior unbecoming of elected officials, failure to support the inaugural tradition and for blatant disrespect for the office of the President of the United States. For the party that claims tolerance and inclusiveness, they have become opposite of what they preach. Fuck em! They're gonna have a tough 4 years and beyond.
steveo777
MP3

Postby verslibre » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:08 am

So...are you guys gonna vote for Marco in 2020? :lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Boomchild » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:23 pm

steveo777 wrote:They should impeach those whiny, pick up the toys and go home, crybabies. A majority vote of non confidence is in order, for their behavior unbecoming of elected officials, failure to support the inaugural tradition and for blatant disrespect for the office of the President of the United States. For the party that claims tolerance and inclusiveness, they have become opposite of what they preach. Fuck em! They're gonna have a tough 4 years and beyond.

Keep in mind this is coming from members of the same party that decided to hold a "sit out" in Congress. These actions should come as no surprise as it is consistent with their past behavior as well as those that vote for them. Was anyone surprised that their supporters were the ones to protest turn riot after their candidate lost the election? Not me. There is only one way for people of this ilk and that is their way.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Boomchild » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:42 pm

Fact Finder wrote:Ya know, if anybody has a good, (or semi good) reason not to show, it would be Hillary, but credit to her and Bill that they are going. It's the action of nitwits like Lewis that are causing such divide in this Country, actions such as his are inflaming the more radical on the left to protest and try to disrupt the Inauguration festivities. People could be hurt (innocent people too), and if what they are planning takes shape some will get hurt and a bunch are going to get arrested or their heads beat in. Just for one day can't we all get along?

As it stands now no, we can't all get along. Not when you have a large segment of the population that has a "mob rules" mind set. Not when you have a large segment that does not care about our country being a republic and have zero respect for the tenets of it. This is clear because they want to dismiss the use of an electoral college in our election process which eliminates the minority also having a voice in who runs our government. All they want it is control of the government in any way possible to use it's power to enforce their agendas. Their not interested in any other opinion. What they fail to realize is they are aiding in their own eventual enslavement.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Boomchild » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:44 pm

verslibre wrote:So...are you guys gonna vote for Marco in 2020? :lol:

Who's Marco?
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby steveo777 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:15 pm

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:
steveo777 wrote:They should impeach those whiny, pick up the toys and go home, crybabies. A majority vote of non confidence is in order, for their behavior unbecoming of elected officials, failure to support the inaugural tradition and for blatant disrespect for the office of the President of the United States. For the party that claims tolerance and inclusiveness, they have become opposite of what they preach. Fuck em! They're gonna have a tough 4 years and beyond.

Sooner or later they will need something passed. We'll see how they like getting treated the same way Obama treated Republican bills for 8 yeras.

Payback will be a bitch. I remember almost 400 bills that just sat on Harry Reid's desk, never allowed to be brought up for a vote. "Tis better to not fuck people, because the tide can turn and they can fuck back. The fun is about to begin.
steveo777
MP3

Postby UncleKG » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:45 pm

Fact Finder wrote:but none went all over national TV and none are present in any google search as calling O illegitimate at the time, either his first or second. So I ask, sincerely, why would you say that in the first place? Its false equivalency.

Because an Associated Press reporter stated it. It's pretty clear why they didn't call O illegitimate at the time. There were no allegations of foreign meddling in our election. And I am a Libertarian, regardless of how much you wish to disagree. :wink:
UncleKG
LP

Postby UncleKG » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:55 pm

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:Sooner or later they will need something passed. We'll see how they like getting treated the same way Obama treated Republican bills for 8 yeras.

We will see how they like the obstructionism they displayed during the past eight years reflected back on them.

Here are some numbers from Obama's first term. If you have any stats that contradicts this article, please share. http://crooksandliars.com/jon-perr/republicans-unprecedented-obstructionism-by-numbers
UncleKG
LP

Postby UncleKG » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:11 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:You just summed yourself up well. You did forget Idiot.
Can't decide whether I'm going to call you "Twister," or...nope, I have a much better title for you, and it's a rock song title. Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-CHERRY BOMB! :lol: :wink:
UncleKG
LP

Postby UncleKG » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:15 am

"...and for blatant disrespect for the office of the President of the United States." I just read this in the voice of Foghorn Leghorn. To read that coming from almost anyone posting on here, given the tone and content of the comments directed at the outgoing president, is TRULY comical.
UncleKG
LP

Postby UncleKG » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:11 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote: Your opinion is worthless to me.
Since you're compelled to reply to virtually every comment I make, apparently not, CB.
UncleKG
LP

Postby verslibre » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:35 am

UncleKG wrote:And I am a Libertarian, regardless of how much you wish to disagree. :wink:

Are you for legalizing prostitution? I still dream of the day I can roll up an order a drive-thru bj. :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:38 am

Boomchild wrote:Who's Marco?

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Boomchild » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:47 am

UncleKG wrote: "...and for blatant disrespect for the office of the President of the United States." I just read this in the voice of Foghorn Leghorn. To read that coming from almost anyone posting on here, given the tone and content of the comments directed at the outgoing president, is TRULY comical.

There's a difference between "the office of the POTUS" and the POTUS the individual. I think people here respect the position and the part it plays in our system of government. I haven't read comments from anyone here that denies that Obama has been the legitimate POTUS and his election to that position wasn't legitimate. Criticizing Obama's behavior or his policies is about Obama himself and not the office.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby UncleKG » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:15 am

Boomchild wrote: There's a difference between "the office of the POTUS" and the POTUS the individual. I think people here respect the position and the part it plays in our system of government. I haven't read comments from anyone here that denies that Obama has been the legitimate POTUS and his election to that position wasn't legitimate. Criticizing Obama's behavior or his policies is about Obama himself and not the office.

Lewis is boycotting because he doesn't (apparently) feel Drump is the "legitimate" president. Other Dems are boycotting in solidarity because of how Drump went after a Civil Rights icon for a perceived slight. Criticizing (or boycotting the inauguration) due to Drump's behavior is about Drump himself and not the office.

Personally, I think they should all attend.
UncleKG
LP

Postby verslibre » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:52 am

I didn't like any of the candidates, but Trump had better develop a thicker skin because the parodies, memes and jokes are going to roll down a conveyor. He'd better get a backbone...and he should definitely stop tweeting every time someone mentions him.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:23 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:
verslibre wrote:I didn't like any of the candidates, but Trump had better develop a thicker skin because the parodies, memes and jokes are going to roll down a conveyor. He'd better get a backbone...and he should definitely stop tweeting every time someone mentions him.

I would say the same for Democrats. Trump isn't Bush. He isn't going to take it. But I agree with you. Trump has better things to do then deal with childish, petty assholes.

Stop embarrassing yourself. The way you guys are talking, Trump is the Second Coming. EVERY Prez has been spoofed on SNL. NOT every Prez got his panties wadded over it. If Trump sleeps soundly at night having made fun of a disabled guy, then he'd better gird his loins, because the hair memes are loaded and the bay doors are opening.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Memorex » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:49 am

HW and Barbara Bush admitted to hospital, HW in intensive care. Prayers to the family.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby tj » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:14 am

verslibre wrote:
K.C.Journey Fan wrote:
verslibre wrote:I didn't like any of the candidates, but Trump had better develop a thicker skin because the parodies, memes and jokes are going to roll down a conveyor. He'd better get a backbone...and he should definitely stop tweeting every time someone mentions him.

I would say the same for Democrats. Trump isn't Bush. He isn't going to take it. But I agree with you. Trump has better things to do then deal with childish, petty assholes.

Stop embarrassing yourself. The way you guys are talking, Trump is the Second Coming. EVERY Prez has been spoofed on SNL. NOT every Prez got his panties wadded over it. If Trump sleeps soundly at night having made fun of a disabled guy, then he'd better gird his loins, because the hair memes are loaded and the bay doors are opening.

He needs to get a thicker skin about some of this stuff. What did he say about a disabled guy?
tj
Cassette Tape

Postby tj » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:18 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:Even Jimmy Carter would look like a second coming after Obama. I guess you don't remember those pathetic pictures of Obama looking like Jesus in the Media in 2008. How childish. Trump has extended his hand to liberals several times asking to work together, only to have it slapped away. If that's the way liberals want it, fuck em. I wish Trump would learn that lesson. I'm sure he has.

Carter was a disaster, but misguided. He has a good heart and tried to do what he thought was best for America- though he was often wrong, IMO. Obama said from day one that his goal was to "fundamentally change America". He did in some ways that caused most everyone who is not on the liberal coasts to reject him and his policies - hence Trump.
tj
Cassette Tape

Postby UncleKG » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:45 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote: Trump has extended his hand to liberals several times asking to work together, only to have it slapped away.

Oh, you mean the exact same thing Republicans have done for the past eight years?
UncleKG
LP

Postby UncleKG » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:47 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote: Trump isn't Bush. He isn't going to take it. But I agree with you. Trump has better things to do then deal with childish, petty assholes.

If he doesn't have time to deal with childish, petty assholes, that would explain why he has such low self-esteem that requires constant ego gratification and patting himself on the back. He loathes himself.
UncleKG
LP

Postby UncleKG » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:53 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:The civil rights icon went after Trump. Trump responded. Now Democrats play the victom card, race card, ect. Nothing ever changes with them. :roll:

Lewis answered a question, and then Drump made it personal by spewing asinine comments about how a man who marched for civil rights is "all talk," while Drump took 5 deferments to avoid military service. Which of those two is arguably "all talk?" Every time Drump Tweets about how "unfair" the media, etc. are, it's him that sounds like a whining victim.

"It's so unfair. I want an Oompa-Loompa NOW, Daddy!" - Cheeto Jesus
UncleKG
LP

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara