President Barack Obama - Term 1 and 2 Thread

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby tj » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:14 am

verslibre wrote:
K.C.Journey Fan wrote:
verslibre wrote:I didn't like any of the candidates, but Trump had better develop a thicker skin because the parodies, memes and jokes are going to roll down a conveyor. He'd better get a backbone...and he should definitely stop tweeting every time someone mentions him.

I would say the same for Democrats. Trump isn't Bush. He isn't going to take it. But I agree with you. Trump has better things to do then deal with childish, petty assholes.

Stop embarrassing yourself. The way you guys are talking, Trump is the Second Coming. EVERY Prez has been spoofed on SNL. NOT every Prez got his panties wadded over it. If Trump sleeps soundly at night having made fun of a disabled guy, then he'd better gird his loins, because the hair memes are loaded and the bay doors are opening.

He needs to get a thicker skin about some of this stuff. What did he say about a disabled guy?
tj
Cassette Tape

Postby tj » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:18 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:Even Jimmy Carter would look like a second coming after Obama. I guess you don't remember those pathetic pictures of Obama looking like Jesus in the Media in 2008. How childish. Trump has extended his hand to liberals several times asking to work together, only to have it slapped away. If that's the way liberals want it, fuck em. I wish Trump would learn that lesson. I'm sure he has.

Carter was a disaster, but misguided. He has a good heart and tried to do what he thought was best for America- though he was often wrong, IMO. Obama said from day one that his goal was to "fundamentally change America". He did in some ways that caused most everyone who is not on the liberal coasts to reject him and his policies - hence Trump.
tj
Cassette Tape

Postby K.C.Journey Fan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:38 am

tj wrote:
K.C.Journey Fan wrote:Even Jimmy Carter would look like a second coming after Obama. I guess you don't remember those pathetic pictures of Obama looking like Jesus in the Media in 2008. How childish. Trump has extended his hand to liberals several times asking to work together, only to have it slapped away. If that's the way liberals want it, fuck em. I wish Trump would learn that lesson. I'm sure he has.

Carter was a disaster, but misguided. He has a good heart and tried to do what he thought was best for America- though he was often wrong, IMO. Obama said from day one that his goal was to "fundamentally change America". He did in some ways that caused most everyone who is not on the liberal coasts to reject him and his policies - hence Trump.

Like I posted eariler, I know a man who was secret service protection for Nixon, Carter, and i think Ford. He was with Carter and Nixon as they walked out of the White house for the last time. What he says of Carter is, he was most likely the smartest, well meaning, honest President this Country ever had. He was just terrible. As a person, I respect Carter as a person. As a president, I put him in the toilet with the other two worst Presidents this country ever had, Johnson and Obama. I could add Wilson and Roosevelt.
K.C.Journey Fan
Stereo LP

Postby UncleKG » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:45 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote: Trump has extended his hand to liberals several times asking to work together, only to have it slapped away.

Oh, you mean the exact same thing Republicans have done for the past eight years?
UncleKG
LP

Postby UncleKG » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:47 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote: Trump isn't Bush. He isn't going to take it. But I agree with you. Trump has better things to do then deal with childish, petty assholes.

If he doesn't have time to deal with childish, petty assholes, that would explain why he has such low self-esteem that requires constant ego gratification and patting himself on the back. He loathes himself.
UncleKG
LP

Postby UncleKG » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:53 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:The civil rights icon went after Trump. Trump responded. Now Democrats play the victom card, race card, ect. Nothing ever changes with them. :roll:

Lewis answered a question, and then Drump made it personal by spewing asinine comments about how a man who marched for civil rights is "all talk," while Drump took 5 deferments to avoid military service. Which of those two is arguably "all talk?" Every time Drump Tweets about how "unfair" the media, etc. are, it's him that sounds like a whining victim.

"It's so unfair. I want an Oompa-Loompa NOW, Daddy!" - Cheeto Jesus
UncleKG
LP

Postby UncleKG » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:24 am

Donald (D)rump, Almost-Leader of the Free World, Still Sweats the Small Stuff

"It is in (D)rump’s nature to be deeply concerned with optics and perception—the crowds, how the media sees him, the celebrities, a designer’s assessment of him—but less so with the minutia of actually running a country. And there is little incentive, at least so far, for this to change. Sweating the small stuff, after all, is not only true to who he is, but it also arguably won him the election. (D)rump’s base ate up his thin-skinned criticism of the media and his endless rumination on his own celebrity. They, too, cared more about his “Make America Great Again” proclamations without worrying about the specifics."

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/01/donald-trump-sweats-the-small-stuff

Exactly. As the Drump himself loves to say, "SAD!"
UncleKG
LP

Postby K.C.Journey Fan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:00 am

UncleKG wrote:
K.C.Journey Fan wrote: Trump has extended his hand to liberals several times asking to work together, only to have it slapped away.

Oh, you mean the exact same thing Republicans have done for the past eight years?

Name one Republican Bill Obama signed.
K.C.Journey Fan
Stereo LP

Postby K.C.Journey Fan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:01 am

UncleKG wrote:Donald (D)rump, Almost-Leader of the Free World, Still Sweats the Small Stuff

"It is in (D)rump’s nature to be deeply concerned with optics and perception—the crowds, how the media sees him, the celebrities, a designer’s assessment of him—but less so with the minutia of actually running a country. And there is little incentive, at least so far, for this to change. Sweating the small stuff, after all, is not only true to who he is, but it also arguably won him the election. (D)rump’s base ate up his thin-skinned criticism of the media and his endless rumination on his own celebrity. They, too, cared more about his “Make America Great Again” proclamations without worrying about the specifics."

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/01/donald-trump-sweats-the-small-stuff

Exactly. As the Drump himself loves to say, "SAD!"

Vanity Fair? Snowflake.
K.C.Journey Fan
Stereo LP

Postby K.C.Journey Fan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:05 am

Summed up well, I thought. Now my little lapdog can follow me and post something.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Rand-Pa ... id/769177/
K.C.Journey Fan
Stereo LP

Postby UncleKG » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:23 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:Summed up well, I thought. Now my little lapdog can follow me and post something.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Rand-Pa ... id/769177/
Newsmax? Why not Breitbart, Cherry Bomb? Both are so far from credible, it's laughable.
UncleKG
LP

Postby UncleKG » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:25 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:
UncleKG wrote:

And how many filibusters did Republicans mount, or judges at all levels they basically refused to consider?
UncleKG
LP

Postby UncleKG » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:27 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:
UncleKG wrote:Donald (D)rump, Almost-Leader of the Free World, Still Sweats the Small Stuff

Vanity Fair? Snowflake.

Yet every word is accurate.
UncleKG
LP

Postby Boomchild » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:11 am

verslibre wrote:Stop embarrassing yourself. The way you guys are talking, Trump is the Second Coming. EVERY Prez has been spoofed on SNL. NOT every Prez got his panties wadded over it. If Trump sleeps soundly at night having made fun of a disabled guy, then he'd better gird his loins, because the hair memes are loaded and the bay doors are opening.

Really, "the disabled guy" thing again. There have been plenty examples of Trump using the very same hand motions or mannerisms when talking about other things. That issue aside he does need to selectively pick his battles and not feel the need to respond to the small fry. Meaning things that will have little to no impact on what he has or is going to do.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Boomchild » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:17 am

UncleKG wrote:
K.C.Journey Fan wrote:

And how many filibusters did Republicans mount, or judges at all levels they basically refused to consider?

This response is pure deflection. Do yourself a favor and answer K.C.'s question.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby K.C.Journey Fan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:21 am

UncleKG wrote:
K.C.Journey Fan wrote:

Vanity Fair? Snowflake.

Yet every word is accurate.

Yep. every word I posted was, snowfake. You get your pin up of Manning yet?
K.C.Journey Fan
Stereo LP

Postby K.C.Journey Fan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:23 am

Boomchild wrote:
UncleKG wrote:
K.C.Journey Fan wrote:

This response is pure deflection. Do yourself a favor and answer K.C.'s question.

Boomchild, he's just a troll. A moron cherry picking and spinning troll. Who cares what he thinks? Oh wait, Uncle KGB is hanging on my every post. Just wait, he's about to say something stupid again. :roll:
K.C.Journey Fan
Stereo LP

Postby K.C.Journey Fan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:29 am

Boomchild wrote:
verslibre wrote:Stop embarrassing yourself. The way you guys are talking, Trump is the Second Coming. EVERY Prez has been spoofed on SNL. NOT every Prez got his panties wadded over it. If Trump sleeps soundly at night having made fun of a disabled guy, then he'd better gird his loins, because the hair memes are loaded and the bay doors are opening.

Really, "the disabled guy" thing again. There have been plenty examples of Trump using the very same hand motions or mannerisms when talking about other things. That issue aside he does need to selectively pick his battles and not feel the need to respond to the small fry. Meaning things that will have little to no impact on what he has or is going to do.

I do hope being President Trump is going to keep more occupied with work undoing Obama's mess. But then again, Trump does not act like a panty waste like Bush did. That said, at least Bush was man enough to take it and not hide behind a extremely bias, lying "Media" like Obama did, or blame everybody for his failures but himself. Truthfully, Main Stream Media is nothing more then a politically driven propaganda machine. But Uncle KGB would know about that. Maybe she, I mean he,.......well anyway, will post something from Good Housekeeping, or a real unbias source like Rolling Stone. :roll:
K.C.Journey Fan
Stereo LP

Postby Boomchild » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:30 pm

UncleKG wrote:Lewis is boycotting because he doesn't (apparently) feel Drump is the "legitimate" president. Other Dems are boycotting in solidarity because of how Drump went after a Civil Rights icon for a perceived slight. Criticizing (or boycotting the inauguration) due to Drump's behavior is about Drump himself and not the office.

Personally, I think they should all attend.

Those looking to boycott the inauguration have given a plethora of reasons as to why they are doing so. The reality is there only two real reasons for them doing it. One, to try and delegitimize Trump as our POTUS and second, to continue their unwillingness to accept the defeat at the polls. After all, they lost every objective they set out to achieve. Which was to keep the oval office and regain the majority in Congress and the Senate. This all boils down to the fact that the inauguration is not about any one incoming President. It's about the tradition of "peaceful transition of power" and it being a tenet of our Republic. I and many around the globe heard many Democrats (including Michelle Obama and Hillary) say,"When they go low, WE go high" (i.e. Take the High Road). So if that is the case, they have either thrown that mantra "out the window" or they only wish to selectively use it.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Boomchild » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:38 pm

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:I do hope being President Trump is going to keep more occupied with work undoing Obama's mess. But then again, Trump does not act like a panty waste like Bush did. That said, at least Bush was man enough to take it and not hide behind a extremely bias, lying "Media" like Obama did, or blame everybody for his failures but himself. Truthfully, Main Stream Media is nothing more then a politically driven propaganda machine. But Uncle KGB would know about that. Maybe she, I mean he,.......well anyway, will post something from Good Housekeeping, or a real unbias source like Rolling Stone. :roll:

What he needs to do is transition from Trump the business mogul and public personality to Trump the POTUS and Commander in Chief. So in my opinion he should limit his response and reactions to the major media and those in government positions. Skip the commentary by celebrities, talk shows and the like. I think that would serve him well.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby K.C.Journey Fan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:59 pm

K.C.Journey Fan
Stereo LP

Postby K.C.Journey Fan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:07 pm

These are not the numbers that were debunked by Snopes.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3748311/donald ... ic-nation/
K.C.Journey Fan
Stereo LP

Postby UncleKG » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:38 pm

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:
UncleKG wrote:

"It's so easy..." - Axl Rose

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/1150/text Sponsored by a Republican.

So you can do your own research, here's a complete list.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/signed-legislation
UncleKG
LP

Postby UncleKG » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:50 pm

Boomchild wrote:
UncleKG wrote:
K.C.Journey Fan wrote:

I did. Now, he should answer all the questions I've asked him that he consistently avoids.
UncleKG
LP

Postby UncleKG » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:52 pm

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:These are not the numbers that were debunked by Snopes.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3748311/donald ... ic-nation/

A perfect illustration of George Carlin's quote - "Think of how stupid the average person is and realize half of them are stupider than that."

Another illustration is the multiple examples I've seen of people who don't know Obamacare and the ACA are the same thing.
UncleKG
LP

Postby UncleKG » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:53 pm

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:
Boomchild wrote:

I do hope being President Trump is going to keep more occupied with work undoing Obama's mess. But then again, Trump does not act like a panty waste like Bush did. That said, at least Bush was man enough to take it and not hide behind a extremely bias, lying "Media" like Obama did, or blame everybody for his failures but himself. Truthfully, Main Stream Media is nothing more then a politically driven propaganda machine. But Uncle KGB would know about that. Maybe she, I mean he,.......well anyway, will post something from Good Housekeeping, or a real unbias source like Rolling Stone. :roll:

Says the guy who posts from Newsmax. You are truly amusing. :roll: :lol: :lol:
UncleKG
LP

Postby UncleKG » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:56 pm

Since we're posting stories from this site, here's an interesting one.

Conservative group gets caught trying to pay liberals to riot. :lol: :lol:

http://www.inquisitr.com/3872373/trump-inauguration-sting-operation-conservative-group-caught-trying-to-pay-liberals-to-riot/
UncleKG
LP

Postby K.C.Journey Fan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:57 pm

KGB is 6 years old, right? Such a child.
K.C.Journey Fan
Stereo LP

Postby K.C.Journey Fan » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:02 am

""It's so easy..." - Axl Rose

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-con ... /1150/text Sponsored by a Republican.

So you can do your own research, here's a complete list.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-roo ... egislation"

I'm sure there is something in their about a planter for a Robert Byrd Library. You posted 134 laws of crap. In four years 134 laws.
K.C.Journey Fan
Stereo LP

Postby UncleKG » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:02 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:KGB is 6 years old, right? Such a child.

Right? Right? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? :lol:
UncleKG
LP

PreviousNext

Return to Death By Stereo