President Barack Obama - Term 1 and 2 Thread

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: President Barack Obama - Term 2 Thread

Postby UncleKG » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:24 am

Donald (D)rump, Almost-Leader of the Free World, Still Sweats the Small Stuff

"It is in (D)rump’s nature to be deeply concerned with optics and perception—the crowds, how the media sees him, the celebrities, a designer’s assessment of him—but less so with the minutia of actually running a country. And there is little incentive, at least so far, for this to change. Sweating the small stuff, after all, is not only true to who he is, but it also arguably won him the election. (D)rump’s base ate up his thin-skinned criticism of the media and his endless rumination on his own celebrity. They, too, cared more about his “Make America Great Again” proclamations without worrying about the specifics."

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/01/donald-trump-sweats-the-small-stuff

Exactly. As the Drump himself loves to say, "SAD!"
UncleKG
LP

Postby UncleKG » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:23 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:Summed up well, I thought. Now my little lapdog can follow me and post something.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Rand-Pa ... id/769177/
Newsmax? Why not Breitbart, Cherry Bomb? Both are so far from credible, it's laughable.
UncleKG
LP

Postby UncleKG » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:25 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:
UncleKG wrote:
K.C.Journey Fan wrote: Trump has extended his hand to liberals several times asking to work together, only to have it slapped away.

Oh, you mean the exact same thing Republicans have done for the past eight years?

Name one Republican Bill Obama signed.

And how many filibusters did Republicans mount, or judges at all levels they basically refused to consider?
UncleKG
LP

Postby UncleKG » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:27 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:
UncleKG wrote:Donald (D)rump, Almost-Leader of the Free World, Still Sweats the Small Stuff

"It is in (D)rump’s nature to be deeply concerned with optics and perception—the crowds, how the media sees him, the celebrities, a designer’s assessment of him—but less so with the minutia of actually running a country. And there is little incentive, at least so far, for this to change. Sweating the small stuff, after all, is not only true to who he is, but it also arguably won him the election. (D)rump’s base ate up his thin-skinned criticism of the media and his endless rumination on his own celebrity. They, too, cared more about his “Make America Great Again” proclamations without worrying about the specifics."

Vanity Fair? Snowflake.

Yet every word is accurate.
UncleKG
LP

Postby Boomchild » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:11 am

verslibre wrote:Stop embarrassing yourself. The way you guys are talking, Trump is the Second Coming. EVERY Prez has been spoofed on SNL. NOT every Prez got his panties wadded over it. If Trump sleeps soundly at night having made fun of a disabled guy, then he'd better gird his loins, because the hair memes are loaded and the bay doors are opening.

Really, "the disabled guy" thing again. There have been plenty examples of Trump using the very same hand motions or mannerisms when talking about other things. That issue aside he does need to selectively pick his battles and not feel the need to respond to the small fry. Meaning things that will have little to no impact on what he has or is going to do.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Boomchild » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:17 am

UncleKG wrote:
K.C.Journey Fan wrote:

And how many filibusters did Republicans mount, or judges at all levels they basically refused to consider?

This response is pure deflection. Do yourself a favor and answer K.C.'s question.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Boomchild » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:30 pm

UncleKG wrote:Lewis is boycotting because he doesn't (apparently) feel Drump is the "legitimate" president. Other Dems are boycotting in solidarity because of how Drump went after a Civil Rights icon for a perceived slight. Criticizing (or boycotting the inauguration) due to Drump's behavior is about Drump himself and not the office.

Personally, I think they should all attend.

Those looking to boycott the inauguration have given a plethora of reasons as to why they are doing so. The reality is there only two real reasons for them doing it. One, to try and delegitimize Trump as our POTUS and second, to continue their unwillingness to accept the defeat at the polls. After all, they lost every objective they set out to achieve. Which was to keep the oval office and regain the majority in Congress and the Senate. This all boils down to the fact that the inauguration is not about any one incoming President. It's about the tradition of "peaceful transition of power" and it being a tenet of our Republic. I and many around the globe heard many Democrats (including Michelle Obama and Hillary) say,"When they go low, WE go high" (i.e. Take the High Road). So if that is the case, they have either thrown that mantra "out the window" or they only wish to selectively use it.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Boomchild » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:38 pm

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:I do hope being President Trump is going to keep more occupied with work undoing Obama's mess. But then again, Trump does not act like a panty waste like Bush did. That said, at least Bush was man enough to take it and not hide behind a extremely bias, lying "Media" like Obama did, or blame everybody for his failures but himself. Truthfully, Main Stream Media is nothing more then a politically driven propaganda machine. But Uncle KGB would know about that. Maybe she, I mean he,.......well anyway, will post something from Good Housekeeping, or a real unbias source like Rolling Stone. :roll:

What he needs to do is transition from Trump the business mogul and public personality to Trump the POTUS and Commander in Chief. So in my opinion he should limit his response and reactions to the major media and those in government positions. Skip the commentary by celebrities, talk shows and the like. I think that would serve him well.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby UncleKG » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:38 pm

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:
UncleKG wrote:
K.C.Journey Fan wrote: Trump has extended his hand to liberals several times asking to work together, only to have it slapped away.

Oh, you mean the exact same thing Republicans have done for the past eight years?

"It's so easy..." - Axl Rose

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/1150/text Sponsored by a Republican.

So you can do your own research, here's a complete list.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/signed-legislation
UncleKG
LP

Postby UncleKG » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:50 pm

Boomchild wrote:
UncleKG wrote:
K.C.Journey Fan wrote:

This response is pure deflection. Do yourself a favor and answer K.C.'s question.

I did. Now, he should answer all the questions I've asked him that he consistently avoids.
UncleKG
LP

Postby UncleKG » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:52 pm

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:These are not the numbers that were debunked by Snopes.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3748311/donald ... ic-nation/

A perfect illustration of George Carlin's quote - "Think of how stupid the average person is and realize half of them are stupider than that."

Another illustration is the multiple examples I've seen of people who don't know Obamacare and the ACA are the same thing.
UncleKG
LP

Postby UncleKG » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:53 pm

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:
Boomchild wrote:
verslibre wrote:Stop embarrassing yourself. The way you guys are talking, Trump is the Second Coming. EVERY Prez has been spoofed on SNL. NOT every Prez got his panties wadded over it. If Trump sleeps soundly at night having made fun of a disabled guy, then he'd better gird his loins, because the hair memes are loaded and the bay doors are opening.

Really, "the disabled guy" thing again. There have been plenty examples of Trump using the very same hand motions or mannerisms when talking about other things. That issue aside he does need to selectively pick his battles and not feel the need to respond to the small fry. Meaning things that will have little to no impact on what he has or is going to do.

I do hope being President Trump is going to keep more occupied with work undoing Obama's mess. But then again, Trump does not act like a panty waste like Bush did. That said, at least Bush was man enough to take it and not hide behind a extremely bias, lying "Media" like Obama did, or blame everybody for his failures but himself. Truthfully, Main Stream Media is nothing more then a politically driven propaganda machine. But Uncle KGB would know about that. Maybe she, I mean he,.......well anyway, will post something from Good Housekeeping, or a real unbias source like Rolling Stone. :roll:

Says the guy who posts from Newsmax. You are truly amusing. :roll: :lol: :lol:
UncleKG
LP

Postby UncleKG » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:56 pm

Since we're posting stories from this site, here's an interesting one.

Conservative group gets caught trying to pay liberals to riot. :lol: :lol:

http://www.inquisitr.com/3872373/trump-inauguration-sting-operation-conservative-group-caught-trying-to-pay-liberals-to-riot/
UncleKG
LP

Postby UncleKG » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:02 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:KGB is 6 years old, right? Such a child.

Right? Right? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? :lol:
UncleKG
LP

Postby UncleKG » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:04 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:""It's so easy..." - Axl Rose

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-con ... /1150/text Sponsored by a Republican.

So you can do your own research, here's a complete list.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-roo ... egislation"

I'm sure there is something in their about a planter for a Robert Byrd Library. You posted 134 laws of crap. In four years 134 laws.

Ha! Perhaps, Cherry Bomb, but what I did was post a Republican-sponsored bill that Obama passed, which is what you challenged me to do, which proved you wrong...again. :wink:
Last edited by UncleKG on Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
UncleKG
LP

Postby UncleKG » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:30 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:President Obama took office on Jan. 20, 2009. In the first quarter of 2009, GDP declined at an annual rate of -5.4 percent...blah, blah, blah

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-09-06/how-obama-s-economic-record-stacks-up

(Of the 12 postwar presidents) "Obama comes in eighth out of the 12 (in terms of presidential economic records), but still records a positive score, indicating a roughly average performance. That is based on six full years of his record, from 2010 to 2016. (This analysis leaves two years to go, because I allowed one year for the effects from the previous administration to subside -- more on that later.)

That is not a stunning performance, but it is a major improvement over that of his predecessor, George W. Bush, whose economic score was significantly lower than even Jimmy Carter’s. Rest assured, in this analysis a president’s score takes into account what he inherited and what he left behind. That’s one reality that both benefited and hampered Ronald Reagan’s and Obama’s scores."

Oh, and what does he say about GDP growth? "In fact, at 2.1 percent, it is the fourth-lowest growth rate of any president’s and below the postwar average of 2.9 percent."

That's the same figure I quoted before, after which I was accused of "lying." :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll:

The article sums up: "What is the takeaway then on Obama’s economic performance? When you take the slow global growth and domestic consumers’ retrenchment on debt into account, the record emerging from his rather calm and cautious approach is one to build on, not one to be cast aside."

In other words, plenty to be critical about, but exponentially better than Drump and his cronies portray it as.
UncleKG
LP

Postby UncleKG » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:48 am

Place your bets! Will Drump acknowledge this and if so, will he claim credit for it? :lol:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/01/19/b-2-bombers-strike-isis-in-libya.html
UncleKG
LP

Postby Boomchild » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:28 am

UncleKG wrote:A perfect illustration of George Carlin's quote - "Think of how stupid the average person is and realize half of them are stupider than that."

Another illustration is the multiple examples I've seen of people who don't know Obamacare and the ACA are the same thing.

It has more to do with the fact that many people don't pay attention to government and politics. If they even do, it's only during election cycles. Even at that point many of them can't even articulate the policies and positions of the candidate they support and expect to cast their vote for. It's more of a lack of paying attention then "being stupid". On the subject of "being stupid", we have the public education system to thank for that. Which doesn't bode well for our government since they are in charge of it.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Boomchild » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:53 am

UncleKG wrote:Place your bets! Will Drump acknowledge this and if so, will he claim credit for it? :lol:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/01/19/b-2-bombers-strike-isis-in-libya.html

Most likely not. Since he has no involvement with running the military yet. But I bet Obama's administration will use this to say that "ISIS is on the run and not expanding". I assume you are saying this due to Trump's comments when it comes to recent announcements and actions of some businesses. In those cases he has directly held talks with some of them and others seem to be reacting to what Trump has said he is going to do as POTUS. Speaking of Libya, I wonder how ISIS was able to obtain a stronghold there, since they didn't have one before Gaddafi was killed. "We came, we saw, he died" - SOS Hillary Clinton. Perhaps that statement needs updated. Something like: We came, we saw, he died and a far worse element moved in".
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby UncleKG » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:46 am

Boomchild wrote:In those cases he has directly held talks with some of them and others seem to be reacting to what Trump has said he is going to do as POTUS.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2017/01/17/trump-effect-gm-hyundai-pour-money-into-america.html

True, in some cases. While FOX News wants to suggest GM's actions were due to Drump, buried deep in the story is this nugget (and an earlier version of this exact same story said it much more clearly, but I guess their editors asked them to tone that nugget of info down).

"GM spokesman Patrick Morrissey said all of the decisions revealed on Tuesday have been in the works 'for some time.'" (if "for some time" means more than two months, which it almost certainly does, then the decisions were made well before the election).
UncleKG
LP

Postby verslibre » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:54 am

Boomchild wrote:

Don't even try to write that shit off. :roll:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34930042

"Now the poor guy, you gotta see this guy," he continued, before launching into an apparent impression of Mr Kovaleski, waving his arms around with his hands at an odd angle.

"Uhh I don't know what I said. Uhh I don't remember. He's going like 'I don't remember. Maybe that's what I said.'"

Mr Kovaleski has arthrogryposis, a condition that affects the movement of joints and is noticeable in his right arm and hand.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/08/02/donald-trumps-revisionist-history-of-mocking-a-disabled-reporter/?utm_term=.0200eb1bd6b8

Here, below, is a video of Trump speaking about Kovaleski on Nov. 24. Note that Trump first says the article was “written by a nice reporter.” (Kovaleski is indeed nice.) Then he goes on to mock him, jerking his arms in front of his body: “Now, the poor guy, you ought to see this guy, ‘Ah, I don’t know what I said, I don’t remember, I don’t remember, maybe that’s what I said.’”

Trump’s explanation in Colorado is simply not credible. First of all, we already confirmed that Kovaleski did not grovel or say he made a mistake. Moreover, Trump actually appears to paraphrase Kovaleski’s brief statement about not remembering that thousands of people celebrated. Trump now suggests he was just imitating a grovel, but that’s not what he was actually doing.

Instead, Trump is clearly imitating Kovaleski’s disability — the reporter has arthrogryposis, which visibly limits the functioning of his joints. Trump claims he did not know Kovaleski, but the reporter closely covered Trump’s troubled business dealings while he was a reporter for the N.Y. Daily News between 1987 and 1993.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby UncleKG » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:05 am

UncleKG
LP

Postby Boomchild » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:24 am

verslibre wrote:Don't even try to write that shit off. :roll:

The shit is the BULLSHIT MEDIA narratives. Trump has done those same mannerisms when talking about completely different subjects.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby UncleKG » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:18 am

A lot of phones are going to go unanswered in D.C. beginning tomorrow.

"Overall, out of 690 positions requiring Senate confirmation tracked by the Washington Post and Partnership for Public Service, Trump has come up with only 28 people so far...the Partnership for Public Service suggested a president should have "100 Senate-confirmed appointees in place on or around Inauguration Day." At this pace, he won't have 100 nominees by the end of February, let alone having them confirmed and hard at work."

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-01-18/the-empty-trump-administration

Let's just cross our fingers there's no national security crisis anytime soon.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/donald-trump-national-security-crisis-233732
UncleKG
LP

Postby UncleKG » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:20 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote: A once in a life time event, and they can't go.

The average life span for a female in the U.S. is around 79 years, so it's actually more like a 20 (times, approx.) in a life time event.
UncleKG
LP

Postby Boomchild » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:28 am

K.C.Journey Fan wrote:Boomchild, did you see where the Girl Scouts of America has refused to let the girls be in tomorrows parade ? A once in a life time event, and they can't go.

No. I haven't been keeping tabs on it except for commenting on posts here about those boycotting the inauguration. This is all to be expected and these types of things will continue throughout Trump's term. At this point it would be this way for any non progressive liberal in the oval office. Speaking of the Girl Scouts, I'm surprised that any liberal would be involved with such an organization. Based on "the values" liberals profess to have, one would think they would consider the Girl Scouts and the Boy Scouts organizations sexist. Claiming that they are not "gender inclusive".
Last edited by Boomchild on Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Boomchild » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:31 am

UncleKG wrote:
K.C.Journey Fan wrote: A once in a life time event, and they can't go.

The average life span for a female in the U.S. is around 79 years, so it's actually more like a 20 (times, approx.) in a life time event.

If your 79 and still a Girl Scout, maybe should give up trying to complete those merit patches.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby UncleKG » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:41 am

Boomchild wrote:
If your 79 and still a Girl Scout, maybe should give up trying to complete those merit patches.

Great point. Touche! :lol: :lol: :lol:
UncleKG
LP

Postby UncleKG » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:43 am

Boomchild wrote:At this point it would be this way for any non progressive liberal in the oval office. Speaking of the Girl Scouts, I'm surprised that any liberal would be involved with such an organization. Based on "the values" liberals profess to have, one would think they would consider the Girl Scouts and the Boy Scouts organizations sexist. Claiming that they are not "gender inclusive".

I'm going to disagree with you. Had it been one of the other Republican presidential candidates who won, I'm confident the scouts would jump at the chance to be there. Drump's a divisive candidate who alienated a number of groups during this campaign. That's a fact that even Hannity would likely concede.
UncleKG
LP

Postby Boomchild » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:46 am

K.C. I did see in the local news that the entire Philadelphia legislature is not going to the inauguration. I question how many were actually planning to be there in the first place. Anyway, it amazes me that people still want to live in that dive of a city. Especially since they introduced their ridiculous "soda tax". If you buy a two liter of soda it will cost you about 5 bucks there. The legislature went on to claim that retailers were raising the prices on soda. If that isn't funny enough,they were mad that the retailers just didn't change the shelf prices to include the tax. Instead they list the tax right in plain view on the receipt.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara