If Gregg Came Back

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

If Gregg Came Back

Postby MysteryMountain » Wed May 03, 2017 1:10 am

If Gregg were to return to Journey, even if for one tour, and Jon let go, or put on hiatus: What albums do you draw from?

A) Do you simply rid yourself of Escape onward, only keeping the vintage dirty dozen songs?

B) Maybe perform Infinity & Evolution in entirety?

C) The band certainly has a lot to draw from when considering the first 6 albums: Journey - Departure, and could still include FM/Fan friendly songs: Lights, Wheel, LTS, AWYWI. Then adding or reviving some more classic favs: LaDoDa, Feeling That Way/Anytime, Just The Same Way, Where Were You, Too Late. Then, rather than going to the Post Gregg albums, maybe throwing in some older tour stuff like: Next, Daydream, Kohoutek, Winds of March, Opened The Door, Lady Luck, Of A Lifetime, People & Places, Precious Time, She Makes Me Feel Alright, On A Saturday Night, Do you Recall, Dixie Highway, The Parties Over. Finishing, if necessary, with DSB or Separate Ways - or both.

D) An eclectic blend of ALL albums?

IMO, they have much more versatility in the setlist, and even if they just ran with Journey-Departure for a year. I think it would be an overwhelming success, and a nod to the older fans. But where would you even begin when determining what makes the cut & what doesn't? Have some fun, create your dream set-list if Gregg were to hop on board for a bit. Or don't. I don't care. :mrgreen:
MysteryMountain
Ol' 78

Re: If Gregg Came Back

Postby Eric » Wed May 03, 2017 3:33 am

This isn't my favorite list but its a set I THINK MIGHT work for the band and fans... with Gregg back:

1. Majestic
2. Where Were You
3. To Play Some Music
4/5. Feeling that way/Anytime
6. On a Saturday Night
7. Just the Same Way
8. Patiently
9/10. Lights/Stay Awhile
11. Walks Like a Lady
12. Line of Fire
13. Precious Times
14. La Do Da
15. Wheel in the Sky
16. Any way You want it
17. Lovin, Touchin, squeezing
------------------------------
18. Medley: Separate Ways/Stone in Love
19. Medley: Open Arms/Faithfully
20. Don’t Stop Believin’
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby scarab » Wed May 03, 2017 4:15 am

Would be there in a heartbeat, but sadly 95% of the "fans" want to hear the GH.
Look what happened on the "Generations" Tour first 1/2 set list.
They dropped most of the older songs quickly.

What would be cool is to see them play as Rolie/Schon (Or Even Hippypottamus) : ) or something like that, get ansely too, and Ross and do a smaller theater tour, play only Journey through Dream after Dream.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby MysteryMountain » Wed May 03, 2017 6:10 am

scarab wrote:What would be cool is to see them play as Rolie/Schon (Or Even Hippypottamus) : ) or something like that, get ansely too, and Ross and do a smaller theater tour, play only Journey through Dream after Dream.

This was my original thought, play small venues as the original 4some, or something similar without Arnel, or maybe spot duty for Arnel.
MysteryMountain
Ol' 78

Postby George_g888 » Wed May 03, 2017 6:50 am

MysteryMountain wrote:
scarab wrote:What would be cool is to see them play as Rolie/Schon (Or Even Hippypottamus) : ) or something like that, get ansely too, and Ross and do a smaller theater tour, play only Journey through Dream after Dream.

This was my original thought, play small venues as the original 4some, or something similar without Arnel, or maybe spot duty for Arnel.

Over the years, I know I've read articles where Neal mentions doing this. It wouldn't surprise me if this actually comes to fruition now.
George_g888
Ol' 78

Postby Journey/Survivor » Wed May 03, 2017 9:52 am

As I've mentioned in other posts of mine, I would love for Schon, Rolie and Smith to do a new progressive Rock album. Valory could be part of it too if they want, even though he's being a douche bag right now over the Rolie rejoining Journey thing.

If you can't get Smith to be the drummer on it for some reason, then try to get Dunbar on drums.

They can call it whatever they want, Journey, Hippypottamus, Golden Gate Band, etc, etc.

But it should be very much in the style of the first 3 Journey albums.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Return to Journey