Schon Cain Drama Increasing?

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Schon Cain Drama Increasing?

Postby jrnyman28 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:41 am

A fan mentioned to Neal on Twitter that his rift with Jon is becoming increasingly obvious. Neal has responded a couple times. "You think?" and then mention of respect and remembering who brought him in.

Wow.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Re: Schon Cain Drama Increasing?

Postby perryfan61 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:58 am

I thought it was Herbie who brought JC in, or am I mistaken?
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby jrnyman28 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:13 am

Mostly it was Rolie who said the band should look at him for his replacement.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby Memorex » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:30 am

jrnyman28 wrote:Mostly it was Rolie who said the band should look at him for his replacement.

Sometimes I think this is more marketing jargon than anything. I've heard Neal say he brought the idea of Jon to Herbie and I always assumed that was more accurate. Gregg just probably agreed.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby JourneyHard » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:23 pm

Memorex wrote:Sometimes I think this is more marketing jargon than anything. I've heard Neal say he brought the idea of Jon to Herbie and I always assumed that was more accurate. Gregg just probably agreed.

They should start new marketing gimmick saying Perry picked Arnel to be his replacement. :D
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:17 pm

Neal is airing the whole thing out on Twitter. Even retweeting posts from fans that say Cain ruined the band. He is also retweeting posts from fans telling Cain to quit and leave. Sounds like those Vegas writing sessions def did not happen.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby RPM » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:14 am

Sounds to me like Neal has had it with Jon. I see a Reunion with Greg in the future.....
"Remember Suzanne, those summer nights, those summer nights with me"
RPM
Cassette Tape

Postby Memorex » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:52 am

I guess I am not sure what Cain did. Simply not wanting to record something new? Not wanting to write? Or is there something more to it?

As far as the writing and recording, here is my thought. It's a band. If funding is there to record, they should by all means record. That's what bands do. And no single member should stand in the way of that, except when there is no agreement on direction. I look at other bands and many albums are made up of 2 or 3 guys' solo stuff. Many Styx songs come to mind. Some of that stuff is one or the other, but they agree to do each other's stuff and slap the band name on it. So maybe that's an option.

As far as writing, if you are not going to continue to write, then what the hell are you in a band for. Go be solo. Be a session player. Don't stand in the way of progress.

But, I'm just guessing. And wasting time on a nice Sunday morning on the computer instead of going out on this rare nice day. So really, what the hell do I know?
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby perryfan61 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:12 am

https://twitter.com/ELVIS1010/status/871160696834228224

This really doesn't look good. Neal needs to keep all this off Twitter, and stop the speculation. Either make a decision, or be quiet until you do.
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby tater1977 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:42 am

Memorex wrote: many albums are made up of 2 or 3 guys' solo stuff. Many Styx songs come to mind. Some of that stuff is one or the other, but they agree to do each other's stuff and slap the band name on it.

The next new journey CD ....

10 TRAX

2 of Jon's Christian tunes
2 of Neal's Solo guitar solo trax
2 of Smitty's drum solo trax
2 of Arnel tunes singing in Tag a log
1 trax with Ross singing LTS from Generations :lol:
And actually 1 new song from all..
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby perryfan61 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:29 am

https://www.instagram.com/p/BU7MvLLjHk8/

The message is getting clearer with every post.
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby tater1977 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:46 am

perryfan61 wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/BU7MvLLjHk8/

The message is getting clearer with every post.

nealschon ' Bringing it every night I want to be elevated by whom I play with not feel like I've got cement shoes. If anyone is unhappy they are Not running My band then They should Leave. God has bigger plans '

:| Thought they were both adults :?:
Don't know both sides of the story, but
hopefully they will work something out.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:07 am

Neal Schon's JRNY‏ @NealSchonMusic

As Jon Cain said to me when we started to rebuild - You have keys and you are the main member. Lol convenient amnizia... I still have the

- Just kinda wondering why he needs to play this out in public :?:
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby perryfan61 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:21 am

At least Jon is taking the high road and not responding.

Neal is so determined to make people see this is " his band" that he completely misses the fact that he just looks like a kid having a tantrum. Although I really respect his talent, his ranting in public is not gaining my respect for him as a person.
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:23 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Neal is airing the whole thing out on Twitter. Even retweeting posts from fans that say Cain ruined the band. He is also retweeting posts from fans telling Cain to quit and leave. Sounds like those Vegas writing sessions def did not happen.

But I thought those sessions were confirmed?!?

Kidding with you, of course :wink:
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:50 am

Art Vandelay wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:Neal is airing the whole thing out on Twitter. Even retweeting posts from fans that say Cain ruined the band. He is also retweeting posts from fans telling Cain to quit and leave. Sounds like those Vegas writing sessions def did not happen.

Vegas writing sessions were confirmed to happen by the two writers, Neal and Jon. If I tell you I'm going to go take a shit and when I hit the bathroom I don't have to go, I still confirmed to you that I was going to take a shit, did I not?
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby Gideon » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:30 am

I'm a big fan of Schon (watching him play has been the primary reason I go to Journey concerts), I loved ECL1P53, and would kill for one more Journey album - especially with SS back in the fold.

And obviously I wish JC would get his head in the game and start contributing to a new Journey album - especially since his argument against writing and recording is that a new Journey album won't sell, but any Journey album is gonna sell 100x more than his solo albums.

But that said, there's no denying that Neal is an absolute narcissist who is in desperate need of a PR man. His behavior on Twitter is infantile bullshit. Just like Perry and Schon himself, Cain has been a major factor in Journey's success. Between that and their 36-year partnership, it'd be great for NS to remember that.
'Nothing was bigger for Journey than 1981’s “Escape” album. “I have to attribute that to Jonathan coming in and joining the writing team,” Steve Perry (Feb 2012).'
Gideon
Stereo LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:36 am

Neal is right. Cain needs to either get with the program or move on from the band.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:56 am

Gideon wrote:I'm a big fan of Schon (watching him play has been the primary reason I go to Journey concerts), I loved ECL1P53, and would kill for one more Journey album - especially with SS back in the fold.

And obviously I wish JC would get his head in the game and start contributing to a new Journey album - especially since his argument against writing and recording is that a new Journey album won't sell, but any Journey album is gonna sell 100x more than his solo albums.

But that said, there's no denying that Neal is an absolute narcissist who is in desperate need of a PR man. His behavior on Twitter is infantile bullshit. Just like Perry and Schon himself, Cain has been a major factor in Journey's success. Between that and their 36-year partnership, it'd be great for NS to remember that.

Cain did no doubt help make Journey even more successful starting with the Escape album than they had been.

But at the same time, Cain is now the biggest thing holding Journey back.

I'm sure that Neal would prefer that Cain stay in the band as long as he was actively trying to help keep Journey moving foreword. But by Cain refusing to record a new album, and by insisting on playing the same damn songs night after night after night to infinity and beyond, he is not helping to move the band foreword. He's in fact holding them back.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:09 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:

Vegas writing sessions were confirmed to happen by the two writers, Neal and Jon. If I tell you I'm going to go take a shit and when I hit the bathroom I don't have to go, I still confirmed to you that I was going to take a shit, did I not?

Assuming that you made the effort to hit the bathroom, yes.
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:12 am

Im wonderin if Drew will break a story tonight about this. From way Neal is talking it sounds like Cain is already out. Who knows...
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby Gideon » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:52 pm

Journey/Survivor wrote:
Gideon wrote:I'm a big fan of Schon (watching him play has been the primary reason I go to Journey concerts), I loved ECL1P53, and would kill for one more Journey album - especially with SS back in the fold.

Cain did no doubt help make Journey even more successful starting with the Escape album than they had been.

But at the same time, Cain is now the biggest thing holding Journey back.

I'm sure that Neal would prefer that Cain stay in the band as long as he was actively trying to help keep Journey moving foreword. But by Cain refusing to record a new album, and by insisting on playing the same damn songs night after night after night to infinity and beyond, he is not helping to move the band foreword. He's in fact holding them back.

I definitely think it's hypocritical of JC to cite diminishing album sales as a reason to not record a Journey album when his Christian solo albums probably won't break 1000 copies. I also agree that JC needs to get with the program and release new material in general, for the fans who want it. I'm just saying that Neal probably isn't helping the situation by airing out his dirty laundry on social media and his non-stop prattling about how Journey is all about him.
'Nothing was bigger for Journey than 1981’s “Escape” album. “I have to attribute that to Jonathan coming in and joining the writing team,” Steve Perry (Feb 2012).'
Gideon
Stereo LP

Postby scarab » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:09 pm

Wonder if Smith would stick around for a Rolie/Schon reunion in Journey?
Would love to hear the old tunes with Rolie on lead/co-leads!
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:30 pm

I really wonder what has set Neal off like this? Has he relapsed? Now he is accusing a local news channel of sabotaging him and being hacked. Weird dude.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby tater1977 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:36 pm

https://www.facebook.com/schonmusic?fref=photo

Neal Schon FB

58 mins ·
Wow this national story has already been removed from google and channel 6 site here in Tulsa Oklahoma. This is totally criminal sabotage but it will not stop the actual ceremony tomorrow

Neal Schon FB

1 hr ·
Wow jealousy and sabotage in its highest form -This national story was just removed from Google and also channel 6 news here in Tulsa Oklahoma

:roll: :roll: :roll:
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby steveo777 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:45 pm

steveo777
MP3

Postby Jeremey » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:57 pm

Sorry to see this, but not surprised in the least. Clash of the Titans.
Jeremey
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:02 pm

Jeremey wrote:Sorry to see this, but not surprised in the least. Clash of the Titans.

Good to see you back around these parts Jeremey!
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:03 pm

Neal's branding of the band as "Neal Schon's JRNY" almost makes it appear as if he is planning his own version of the group. The dynamics at play here are very juicy. Neal mentioned he still "holds the keys" to the band. With that said, I don't think he has the power to force Cain out. Maybe Neal is plotting his own exit.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby Jeremey » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:06 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Jeremey wrote:Sorry to see this, but not surprised in the least. Clash of the Titans.

Good to see you back around these parts Jeremey!

LOL, so funny because I just finished a deep dive in YouTube tonight with Tears for Fears, one of my all time favorite bands, and I thought "Man, I haven't checked into what's going on with Journey in a long time" and landed on MR for the first time in a long time. Was weird timing to see the current controversy going on between Neal & JC but as I mentioned, not really surprised.
Jeremey
Stereo LP

Next

Return to Journey