Suggestions for 5 days in London in the U.K.

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

Suggestions for 5 days in London in the U.K.

Postby AR » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:34 pm

Following my hometown Baltimore Ravens next season for a game in London. I have never "crossed the pond" so to speak.

So tell me what I should see and do.

Discuss. Keep in mind I am not into art galleries and shit like that. Happy to see some historical things but I am just going to have a good time.

There should be at least 1500 or more "ugly Americans" with me from Baltimore if not more. God save the Queen! :wink:
AR is just a longtime net troll who is bored with trolling just Journey most of the time so he's looking for other places to troll and get reactions.

"StillStanding" from the karaoke Boston forum and night manager at Home Depot
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Re: Suggestions for 5 days in London in the U.K.

Postby Fact Finder » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:42 pm

AR wrote:Following my hometown Baltimore Ravens next season for a game in London. I have never "crossed the pond" so to speak.

Discuss. Keep in mind I am not into art galleries and shit like that. Happy to see some historical things but I am just going to have a good time.

There should be at least 1500 or more "ugly Americans" with me from Baltimore. God save the Queen! :|

How many days/nights Ed? There is a shit ton to do in England but it takes 10 or 12 days. If just a quick 3 or 4 day weekend then just tour London, many tours available, see Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, ride a tour boat on the Thames, eat Fish and Chips, ride The Eye, Tower of London, Trafalger Square. It's endless.
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby AR » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:43 am

Fact Finder wrote:
AR wrote:Following my hometown Baltimore Ravens next season for a game in London. I have never "crossed the pond" so to speak.

There should be at least 1500 or more "ugly Americans" with me from Baltimore. God save the Queen! :|

How many days/nights Ed? There is a shit ton to do in England but it takes 10 or 12 days. If just a quick 3 or 4 day weekend then just tour London, many tours available, see Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, ride a tour boat on the Thames, eat Fish and Chips, ride The Eye, Tower of London, Trafalger Square. It's endless.

5 days 4 nights with the game being the last day. I know it's not too long. Should be a lot of fun though. Going on a package trip with one of the sports talk stations here in Baltimore so will have plenty of friendly faces around.
One thing I'd like to do is get a photo op walking across Abbey Road barefoot. :)

Also hoping there may be a band to go see in my brief time there. The trip is costing me $2000 including airfare, 4 star hotel, game ticket, a catered pep rally and a tailgate party on game day.
AR is just a longtime net troll who is bored with trolling just Journey most of the time so he's looking for other places to troll and get reactions.

AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Fact Finder » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:53 am

I didn't go barefoot, big regret. :D L to R Me, daughter, wife, daughter. Son didn't make the trip. BTW, if you get out to Abbey Road just know it's a bit tricky getting that shot right, (we took 4 tries), plus cars are constantly coming and honking at the tourist doing this. Apparently 40 some years of the pic taking 100's of times a day has made the neighbors a bit edgy. :lol:

Fact Finder
MP3

Postby AR » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:44 am

That is one bad ass photo!!!!

AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Fact Finder » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:25 am

AR wrote:That is one bad ass photo!!!!

Thanks, it helped that my son in law is British and has been to Abbey Road and taken this shot before. As I recall there is a traffic island there as the road splits in kind of a fork, and most people go out on that island with camera and then the people doing the walk across the road wait for just the perfect traffic opportunity to get in the cross walk for the pic. As I said, it took us 4 tries to get a good one as the traffic doesn't care what you are trying to do. :lol:

BTW, we were there for my daughter (on far fight), and son in laws wedding in 09. London is one big ass city, you won't lack for things to do/see. Although it's now ugly as hell, seeing the Battersea Power Plant was kinda cool. That's where Pink Floyd hung up the big pig for the Animals album cover. Also, locals can point you to the graffiti tunnel where all the taggers paint some pretty cool shit, but the paint fumes are a bit much and its sketchy as hell but cool. Go in a group. :wink:
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Fact Finder » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:05 am

Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Fact Finder » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:46 am

Fact Finder
MP3

Postby AR » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:27 pm

Fact Finder wrote:http://www.visitlondon.com/things-to-do/sightseeing/one-day-itineraries/london-days-out-budget#KgHUc63fXzbyddC8.97

Much appreciated! Long way off but I'm looking forward to it. Only been out of the U.S. twice. Montreal in 89 and Tijuana in 98 (don't ask about that one) :lol:

AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Fact Finder » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:33 pm

Ed, my wife and daughter are there now for 2 weeks,(visiting my oldest daughter who lives there), they are moving about but keeping eyes open. Went to the Eye and Big Ben today, business as normal I guess. Going to Scotland tomorrow for weekend wedding, 5 hour train ride to Edinburgh.
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Fact Finder » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:50 pm

7 hours ago..

Fact Finder
MP3

Postby K.C.Journey Fan » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:07 pm

Maybe a Kevlar vest should be taken. :D
K.C.Journey Fan
Stereo LP

Postby Ehwmatt » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:00 am

Bring your flak jacket, gun, and racially profile like your life depends on it. Because, over there, it does.
Ehwmatt
MP3

Return to Death By Stereo