Billboard Charts Week 1

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

Re: Billboard Charts Week 1

Postby Archetype » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:42 pm

Toph wrote:You know Monkey Boy, I am wrong. They aren't 118. They're now #140

"Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #140 Paid in Albums"

Fall baby fall!

When you don't have a playable single, this is what happens.

Bands like Iron Maiden, Rush and Dream Theater have never really had any "playable" singles and they're doing just fine. Just like Styx is doing just fine.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:37 am

Billboard week 2
#140 on the top 200 album chart.
#32 on rock albums
#35 current albums
STYX new album coming in 2024
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:36 pm

Fall baby fall!

For a a aging and not relevant band such as Styx the question is, "playable" where?
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby masque » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:51 pm

they get the shit played out of their new stuff on "Radio ME". in fact their album is #1 on their charts. 8)

of course I'm the DJ, program director and owner of that "station". :D
masque
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:18 am

masque wrote:they get the shit played out of their new stuff on "Radio ME". in fact their album is #1 on their charts. 8)

of course I'm the DJ, program director and owner of that "station". :D

While that's nice and all, I think the subject here is about commercial radio.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Toph » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:01 am

Archetype wrote:

Fall baby fall!

Bands like Iron Maiden, Rush and Dream Theater have never really had any "playable" singles and they're doing just fine. Just like Styx is doing just fine.

#140 this week. Next week off the chart. Don't doubt me!
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Toph » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:02 am

Baron Von Bielski wrote:

Fall baby fall!

You're a petty little man.

Not petty...accurate. And realistic.
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Toph » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:04 am

CD and Vinyl. Not total album sales. Why not manipulate the data to fit your agenda even more? I'm sure in JY's neighborhood its at least in the top 10....
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Toph » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:06 am

Monker wrote:

Fall baby fall!

First of all, I don't care as much as you do where the CD charts. It's a good CD regardless.

But, you are posting misleading information. When you are on your chart, all you have to do is look to the left and see the tree of how you got there. It is under DIGITAL MUSIC. The "Paid" means that it only ranks people who paid to download the album...some albums are available on digital for free for PRIME Members.

You know the truth...so please quit lying to people and misrepresenting things.

I agree that they will still be in the top 100 for Billboarrd...they have hardly dropped on Amazon That's pretty good!

Yep, I'm wrong and you are right... :roll:
Yep, I'm lying and you're telling the truth.....
http://www.billboard.com/charts/billboard-200
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Archetype » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:36 am

Toph wrote:
Archetype wrote:

Fall baby fall!

My music collection would be awfully boring and packed full of Justin Beiber and Taylor Swift if I used chart positions to determine quality. The Mission is a great album even if it didn't crack the top 200
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:51 pm

Toph wrote:
Archetype wrote:

Fall baby fall!

I thought you said that would happen after the first week.
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:46 pm

Archetype wrote:My music collection would be awfully boring and packed full of Justin Beiber and Taylor Swift if I used chart positions to determine quality. The Mission is a great album even if it didn't crack the top 200

All this discussion about the chart position of this album has become quite amusing. In the DDY era people have mentioned that this doesn't really matter. Now post DDY somehow it does. Truly funny. Carry on.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:25 pm

Boomchild wrote:
Archetype wrote:My music collection would be awfully boring and packed full of Justin Beiber and Taylor Swift if I used chart positions to determine quality. The Mission is a great album even if it didn't crack the top 200

All this discussion about the chart position of this album has become quite amusing. In the DDY era people have mentioned that this doesn't really matter. Now post DDY somehow it does. Truly funny. Carry on.

I don't recall DDY's album charting in the US. I could be wrong.
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:40 am

ChicagoSTYX wrote:I don't recall DDY's album charting in the US. I could be wrong.

Nor would I have expected it to. DDY as solo a artist doesn't have the same type of recognizable branding as the Styx name does. But, your point is a deflection form what I am talking about. To clarify, when people would discuss chart positions related to the DDY era of Styx, people would respond with that doesn't matter. Meaning it has nothing to do with the quality of the material. Now post DDY with this album people are trying to associate the charting of this album with it's quality. Which I find humorous.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:03 am

Boomchild wrote:
ChicagoSTYX wrote:I don't recall DDY's album charting in the US. I could be wrong.

Nor would I have expected it to. DDY as solo a artist doesn't have the same type of recognizable branding as the Styx name does. But, your point is a deflection form what I am talking about. To clarify, when people would discuss chart positions related to the DDY era of Styx, people would respond with that doesn't matter. Meaning it has nothing to do with the quality of the material. Now post DDY with this album people are trying to associate the charting of this album with it's quality. Which I find humorous.

Not to mention that the way people listen to and purchase music is completely different now then it was 35 years ago. Now, selling 100,000 copies will get you a number one album.
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:06 am

ChicagoSTYX wrote:
Not to mention that the way people listen to and purchase music is completely different now then it was 35 years ago. Now, selling 100,000 copies will get you a number one album.

My point has to do with the hypocrisy and irony of the discussion. In the past it was "this really doesn't matter or mean anything". Now it's relevant.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:47 pm

Boomchild wrote:

What discussions are you talking about? The only ones I recall are when Toph would go off and use charts to argue what set list Styx should be using, which was countered by Styx is not going for the 80's pop music audience but the AOR "classic rock" audience that plays songs like Renegade, BCM, and CB...and NOT "Show Me the Way", "Mr. Roboto", and "Babe".

As for today. Come on, it's a new album....of course fans are going to want to know where it charts. It's not that big of a deal, but it is interesting and fun to watch. Styx has a NEW album....you should EXPECT it to happen.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:52 pm

Toph wrote:

CD and Vinyl. Not total album sales. Why not manipulate the data to fit your agenda even more? I'm sure in JY's neighborhood its at least in the top 10....

It's total album sales UNDER DIGITAL - dumb-ass. I'm not manipulating anything....just pointing out the truth. You are simply in denial.

I'm not manipulating anything and I have no agenda. You are simply a complete idiot who doesn't know what he is talking about.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:54 pm

Toph wrote:
Baron Von Bielski wrote:

Fall baby fall!

You're a petty little man.

Not petty...accurate. And realistic.

You have a nya, nya attitude about this entire topic. Why are you even here? You said you were going to post a review. Liar.
Monker
MP3

Postby Toph » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:46 am

Monker wrote:
Toph wrote:

It's total album sales UNDER DIGITAL - dumb-ass. I'm not manipulating anything....just pointing out the truth. You are simply in denial.

I'm not manipulating anything and I have no agenda. You are simply a complete idiot who doesn't know what he is talking about.

You're just upset that I've called you out on your bullshit and proven that you are the liar that you've always been.
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Toph » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:47 am

Monker wrote:
You have a nya, nya attitude about this entire topic. Why are you even here? You said you were going to post a review. Liar.

Oh I will be posting a review, don't worry. I'm giving it the requisite number of listens.
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:57 pm

The Mission is moving up again this week. #21 Amazon CD and Vinyl sales chart and #10 on the Amazon rock chart. As of 9am Monday July 10th.

The vinyl is back in stock on Amazon after being sold out last week.
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby Archetype » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:49 am

Safe to say that The Mission has paid for itself and then some. Hope this encourages Styx to release more music.
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:34 pm

Toph wrote:You're just upset that I've called you out on your bullshit and proven that you are the liar that you've always been.

Ah, OK. Anybody can look up "The Mission" on Amazon pull up the downloadable description and click on the chart you are talking about, look to the left and see that it is under digital music. It's the chart for digital downloads of the albums. That's just the truth.

But, I'm the only one replying to this crap now and I really don't think anybody in the threads cares what you say. So, bye.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:40 pm

ChicagoSTYX wrote:The Mission is moving up again this week. #21 Amazon CD and Vinyl sales chart and #10 on the Amazon rock chart. As of 9am Monday July 10th.

The vinyl is back in stock on Amazon after being sold out last week.

Yep, still in the mid-20's at the end of the night on Monday.

Again, Billboard will be interesting. Maybe it can hang on for another week.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:42 pm

Archetype wrote:Safe to say that The Mission has paid for itself and then some. Hope this encourages Styx to release more music.

I agree....If Asia could do it for years, so can Styx.
Monker
MP3

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:18 am

Billboard week 3

#63 on Album sales chart.

http://www.billboard.com/charts/top-album-sales
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby Toph » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:53 am

ChicagoSTYX wrote:Billboard week 3

Not on the Billboard 200. That's the important apple to apple chart.
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:00 am

Toph wrote:
ChicagoSTYX wrote:Billboard week 3

Not on the Billboard 200. That's the important apple to apple chart.

They dropped off the 200 which also includes back catalog sales and streaming.
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:59 pm

It's been 4 weeks since the release of the mission and as of 8am July 14th it is sitting at #50 on the Amazon sales chart, #26 on the Amazon Rock sales chart, and #46 on the Amazon pop chart. They are at #155 on the iTunes top 200 rock albums. Not bad for an album that been out for a month these days.
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

PreviousNext

Return to Styx