Billboard Charts Week 1

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

Re: Billboard Charts Week 1

Postby Toph » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:28 am

Monker wrote:
Toph wrote:

CD and Vinyl. Not total album sales. Why not manipulate the data to fit your agenda even more? I'm sure in JY's neighborhood its at least in the top 10....

It's total album sales UNDER DIGITAL - dumb-ass. I'm not manipulating anything....just pointing out the truth. You are simply in denial.

I'm not manipulating anything and I have no agenda. You are simply a complete idiot who doesn't know what he is talking about.

Fucktard - The album is out of the Top 200. That has been my point. You are lying. You are manipulating facts to suit your agenda. When Styx charted with #6 in Grand Illusion, #6 for Pieces of Eight, #2 for Cornerstone, #1 for Paradise Theater, and #3 for Kilroy, it was on the fucking Billboard 200. They are off that fucking chart now. They were on for 2 weeks. Big fucking deal.

You can spout on about how they are #50 on CD sales or vinyl sales or whatever the fuck you want to drone on about, but the fact of the matter is those forms of music make up 18% of all music sales. 82% come from downloading etc. So, don't try to say they are top 10 on rock CD and vinyl and imply that is some big success story because its a subsegment of a subsegment. If you can figure that out, you are clearly an idiot.
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Toph » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:30 am

Monker wrote:
ChicagoSTYX wrote:The Mission is moving up again this week. #21 Amazon CD and Vinyl sales chart and #10 on the Amazon rock chart. As of 9am Monday July 10th.

The vinyl is back in stock on Amazon after being sold out last week.

Yep, still in the mid-20's at the end of the night on Monday.

Again, Billboard will be interesting. Maybe it can hang on for another week.

Again, vinyl sales doesn't mean shit. CD sales don't mean shit. They are NOT on the Billboard 200. That is the chart.

But yes, on websites that have 9 letters and begin with the word "Styx" they are #1 in sales.
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Toph » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:32 am

ChicagoSTYX wrote:It's been 4 weeks since the release of the mission and as of 8am July 14th it is sitting at #50 on the Amazon sales chart, #26 on the Amazon Rock sales chart, and #46 on the Amazon pop chart. They are at #155 on the iTunes top 200 rock albums. Not bad for an album that been out for a month these days.

And off the only real chart - the Billboard 200. Lasted 2 weeks. peaked at its first week position #45 and then shot down to #140 and then off the chart. Which means only that they cheated the system by trying for all these pre-orders and downloads week one to artificially create a high chart position. Now its gone, gone, gone off the chart. But keep playing with the CD sales charts since that only represents 18% of music purchases. Go crazy with that. Those of us in the real world know better.
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Boomchild » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:48 pm

Toph wrote:And off the only real chart - the Billboard 200. Lasted 2 weeks. peaked at its first week position #45 and then shot down to #140 and then off the chart. Which means only that they cheated the system by trying for all these pre-orders and downloads week one to artificially create a high chart position. Now its gone, gone, gone off the chart. But keep playing with the CD sales charts since that only represents 18% of music purchases. Go crazy with that. Those of us in the real world know better.

I have to say that whether you agree or disagree with his points, this pun of a statement is pretty funny.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:21 pm

Toph wrote:
ChicagoSTYX wrote:It's been 4 weeks since the release of the mission and as of 8am July 14th it is sitting at #50 on the Amazon sales chart, #26 on the Amazon Rock sales chart, and #46 on the Amazon pop chart. They are at #155 on the iTunes top 200 rock albums. Not bad for an album that been out for a month these days.

And off the only real chart - the Billboard 200. Lasted 2 weeks. peaked at its first week position #45 and then shot down to #140 and then off the chart. Which means only that they cheated the system by trying for all these pre-orders and downloads week one to artificially create a high chart position. Now its gone, gone, gone off the chart. But keep playing with the CD sales charts since that only represents 18% of music purchases. Go crazy with that. Those of us in the real world know better.

How many total albums have been sold? THAT is the only chart that matters....if you want to guess if another album may happen in the future.

And, seriously, you don't care. You want it to fall off the charts so you have something to whine about.

They didn't try to "cheat". They did not do what Journey did and released it with a second CD of rerecords and a DVD.

You do realize that these "packages" are counted separately and not along with the sales of the single CD, correct? What? You didn't know that and thought they were all counted together? Well, that's because you simply do not know what you are talking about and all you want to do is critique Styx.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:31 pm

Toph wrote:
Monker wrote:
ChicagoSTYX wrote:The Mission is moving up again this week. #21 Amazon CD and Vinyl sales chart and #10 on the Amazon rock chart. As of 9am Monday July 10th.

The vinyl is back in stock on Amazon after being sold out last week.

Yep, still in the mid-20's at the end of the night on Monday.

Again, Billboard will be interesting. Maybe it can hang on for another week.

Again, vinyl sales doesn't mean shit. CD sales don't mean shit. They are NOT on the Billboard 200. That is the chart.

But yes, on websites that have 9 letters and begin with the word "Styx" they are #1 in sales.

Those numbers are coming from Amazon, not StyxWorld.

If they ran out of vinyl it means they are selling better than expected. That is good.
I just looked and here is where they are on Amazon:

#54 in CDs & Vinyl
#25 in CDs & Vinyl > Rock
#51 in CDs & Vinyl > Pop

....which means it's still selling...That is good.

And, if an album does not sell CD's or Vinyl, chances are they won't be in Billboard top 200 either. Also, a sale is a sale and it makes the band and label some money. THAT is what really matters....if they want to do another album.

I really don't have much to complain about with how this release was accepted. It's sold better than I thought it would. It is rated higher than I thought it would be (4.5 stars on Amazon). The bottom line is it is a decently successful album for where Styx are at in the career. Hopefully, that means they will do another album...but it really depends on if the made more money than what was invested by Styx and the label (and whoever else).
Monker
MP3

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:29 pm

And to compare, Cheap Trick released a new album the same day.
As of July 15th at 7am on Amazon cd and vinyl......
Styx #48 overall, #22 rock #45 pop
Cheap Trick #303 overall, #162 rock, #285 pop.

I think Styx is pretty happy with the sales numbers and from what I've read they are much better then they expected. The band has been off the road for the last 2 weeks. Sales may pick up a bit now that they have a long stretch of shows in the sheds ahead of them. Anywhere from 5000 to 10,000 people per night will see the best possible promo for the new album.
STYX new album coming in 2024
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby Toph » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:51 pm

Monker wrote:
Toph wrote:

How many total albums have been sold? THAT is the only chart that matters....if you want to guess if another album may happen in the future.

And, seriously, you don't care. You want it to fall off the charts so you have something to whine about.

They didn't try to "cheat". They did not do what Journey did and released it with a second CD of rerecords and a DVD.

You do realize that these "packages" are counted separately and not along with the sales of the single CD, correct? What? You didn't know that and thought they were all counted together? Well, that's because you simply do not know what you are talking about and all you want to do is critique Styx.

Yes, I know that. Each CD is a separate. Monkey, I don't think you understand I've been in this business for 35 years and know what I'm talking about. I'm not just a "fanboy"
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Memorex » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:41 am

Some of the best music I listen to doesn't even know what a chart is.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Archetype » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:43 pm

Pagan's Mind released the album "Celestial Entrance" in 2002. To date, I'd be immensely shocked if it sold more than 10,000 copies worldwide. That doesn't change the fact that it's one of my all time favorite albums.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:07 pm

Toph wrote:
Monker wrote:Yes, I know that. Each CD is a separate. Monkey, I don't think you understand I've been in this business for 35 years and know what I'm talking about. I'm not just a "fanboy"

Ah, so you LIED when you said Styx was trying to cheat by offering the packaged deals...you KNEW the packages would be counted separately and not count towards the CD sales.

Or, did you just lie when you wrote the quote above?

Either way, you really should stop lying.

Nothing you have ever said in this forum gives me the impression that you have been in the music business in any significant way for 35yrs. You DO post like a "fanboy". There is nothing special about anything you say.
Monker
MP3

Postby Toph » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:08 am

Monker wrote:
Toph wrote:
Monker wrote:Yes, I know that. Each CD is a separate. Monkey, I don't think you understand I've been in this business for 35 years and know what I'm talking about. I'm not just a "fanboy"

Ah, so you LIED when you said Styx was trying to cheat by offering the packaged deals...you KNEW the packages would be counted separately and not count towards the CD sales.

Nothing you have ever said in this forum gives me the impression that you have been in the music business in any significant way for 35yrs. You DO post like a "fanboy". There is nothing special about anything you say.

Ha! this is funny. You were the one lying. You said they were on the Billboard 200 when they clearly weren't. You are a lot like Donald Trump MonkeyBoy! Two losers.
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Toph » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:08 am

Monker wrote:
Toph wrote:

Gotten kicked off the Journey board lately?
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Toph » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:58 am

New Billboard chart out. Don't see the Mission anywhere on the main charts. But I'm sure Monkey Boy has one in which its #7 with people who live on streets beginning with the letter "M" in Evanston, IL or something like that.
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:38 pm

Week 5
Amazon
#75 overall
#36 rock albums
#70 pop albums.

iTunes
#185 rock albums

Tour resumes tonight after 2 weeks off.
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:18 pm

6 weeks and moving back up the amazon charts! Back up to #74 overall. Not bad! Higher than last week! It's into its 2nd pressing! Also back up to 163 on iTunes.
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:18 pm

ChicagoSTYX wrote:6 weeks and moving back up the amazon charts! Back up to #74 overall. Not bad! Higher than last week! It's into its 2nd pressing! Also back up to 163 on iTunes.

When will we know how the count of how many copies were sold?
Monker
MP3

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:08 pm

Monker wrote:
ChicagoSTYX wrote:6 weeks and moving back up the amazon charts! Back up to #74 overall. Not bad! Higher than last week! It's into its 2nd pressing! Also back up to 163 on iTunes.

I'm not sure how to get that info but I'm sure it's available.
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby Archetype » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:46 am

The Mission deserves every accolade. Truly an excellent record. Easily Styx's finest since Pieces of Eight. I have no doubt that The Mission would have gone at least 3x platinum if it came out in 1979.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby gr8dane » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:40 am

Archetype wrote:The Mission deserves every accolade. Truly an excellent record. Easily Styx's finest since Pieces of Eight. I have no doubt that The Mission would have gone at least 3x platinum if it came out in 1979.

Agree all the way.
Jesus loves you ,but everybody else thinks you're a knob.
gr8dane
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:25 pm

ChicagoSTYX wrote:
Monker wrote:

I'm not sure how to get that info but I'm sure it's available.

I remember when both Arrival and Eclipse were released for Journey and they had weekly totals of what the sales were.

I know Amazon isn't going to show that, but I thought Billboard did.
Monker
MP3

Postby Toph » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:15 pm

Archetype wrote:The Mission deserves every accolade. Truly an excellent record. Easily Styx's finest since Pieces of Eight. I have no doubt that The Mission would have gone at least 3x platinum if it came out in 1979.

Well since Paradise is better and more successful than Pieces of Eight, your logic is flawed. You either have to say finest since Paradise Theater or finest since Grand Illusion.
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Archetype » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:05 am

Toph wrote:

Well since Paradise is better and more successful than Pieces of Eight, your logic is flawed. You either have to say finest since Paradise Theater or finest since Grand Illusion.

Backstreet Boys outsold Styx, so according to your silly rationale, they must be better.
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:42 am

7 weeks and still selling well. In the top 100 rock on Amazon, top 200 rock on ITunes. Top 200 overall on Amazon.
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:36 am

We are coming into week 10 and The Mission is at 73 on Amazon rock and 132 Amazon overall. 130s on iTunes rock. This is a big improvement from 2 weeks ago! For comparison, Cheap Trick's new album is now at #1347 on Amazon. Also ahead of the new Alice Cooper on iTunes which is only a couple weeks old. The Mission vinyl is now in its 3rd pressing. Pretty darn good!
Last edited by ChicagoSTYX on Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:49 pm

ChicagoSTYX wrote:We are coming into week 10 and The Mission is at 106 on Amazon rock and 189 Amazon overall. 130s on iTunes rock. This a big improvement from 2 weeks ago! For comparison, Cheap Trick's new album is now at #1347 on Amazon. Also ahead of the new Alice Cooper on iTunes which is only a couple weeks old. The Mission vinyl is now in its 3rd pressing. Pretty darn good!

That is good! I'd still like to know the number copies sold. Hoping it at least makes it over 100,000....that would be a good goal.
Monker
MP3

Postby gr8dane » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:44 pm

ChicagoSTYX wrote:We are coming into week 10 and The Mission is at 73 on Amazon rock and 132 Amazon overall. 130s on iTunes rock. This a big improvement from 2 weeks ago! For comparison, Cheap Trick's new album is now at #1347 on Amazon. Also ahead of the new Alice Cooper on iTunes which is only a couple weeks old. The Mission vinyl is now in its 3rd pressing. Pretty darn good!

Well done Styx.It is indeed an excellent album. :D
Jesus loves you ,but everybody else thinks you're a knob.
gr8dane
Stereo LP

Postby Toph » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:52 am

Don't know what the hell you are looking at. It's number 3,317 in paid albums as of right now.

https://www.amazon.com/Mission-Styx/dp/ ... he+mission
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:53 am

Toph wrote:Don't know what the hell you are looking at. It's number 3,317 in paid albums as of right now.

https://www.amazon.com/Mission-Styx/dp/ ... he+mission

You're looking at streaming. This is sales.

https://www.amazon.com/Mission-Styx/dp/ ... 686&sr=8-1
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby Toph » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:31 am

What I am looking at is overall albums, in all formats - streaming, LPS, CD, everything and they are at 3,371 or something like that. Yes, on LPs they are in the 100s, but what % of total album sales are LPs? Its very small. So, let's not equate LPs as being in the top 100 or top 10 of overall sales (when it peaked). Apples and oranges. #math
Toph
Stereo LP

PreviousNext

Return to Styx