Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Steve Perry - Interesting, Very Interesting

Postby tater1977 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:00 am

Billboard's 2017 Top Music Lawyers Revealed, Led By Joel Katz

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... wyers-2017

7/17/2017 by Billboard Staff

L. Lee Phillips, 79

Senior partner, Manatt Phelps & Phillips; Cornell Law School

A pact with Kobalt Music for Dierks Bentley and the sale of the remaining half of Norman Whitfield’s catalog to Sony/ATV are among some $60 million in publishing deals that Biederman has orchestrated during the past three years. Gilbert guided the recent sale of the music catalogs of George Benson to Kobalt and Wayne Kirkpatrick to Downtown Music. "It’s an amazing time" for the volume of publishing deals, he says. Phillips supervised the sale of Smokey Robinson’s catalog to Primary Wave. He also negotiated Barbra Streisand’s $47 million-grossing, sold-out North American tour and is guiding ex-Journey frontman Steve Perry’s comeback with his first new solo album since 1994. Says Phillips: "He’s in heavy negotiations for a new album deal."

Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Re: Steve Perry - Interesting, Very Interesting

Postby scarab » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:56 am

So I wonder if the album is done and he is just looking for the right distributor?
I still will never understand how Against the Wall did not get released in the day.
Steve in interviews said it was recorded in late '84, other say '88.
Hopefully one that will give him great exposure, unlike when FTLOSM came out (at least I) saw few to none. But this was the age of Grunge and boy bands.
Hope he is willing to give interviews, go on talk shows...He hasnt been one to do this in ages.

Just hope this music sees the light of day, and that he can still sing at the level of TBF.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:20 am

Hopefully, the mixing and mastering is done or he's finishing it while
trying to land a new record deal.

When the greatest hits and the Houston DVD came out he did some interviews,
promoting them.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby bellairepark73 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:04 pm

The album is finished as per Neal.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby Shadowsong » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:46 pm

Lee Phillips is one of the great entertainment attorneys & I learned of him through Irving Azzoffs office many moons ago.

He should know & it's very promising news but these deals can take time or may never come to fruition.

All i know is if Steve Perry has music he wants to get out one way or another he will find a way.

I shall not be holding my breath though as my hemoglobin levels have dropped & I need all the oxygen I can get.

About 2 years ago out paths crossed & I went up to him & expressed my condolences for the passing of his Kelly. I told him I know how it feels & I do know even though at that time I only meant I lost a dear friend to cancer myself & was there at there bedside when they took there last breath.

I now know first hand some of what she went through & I only hope I have more time to live my life. Hopefully it will be filled
with music, laughter & good food.
~Shadow~

There is a seed within called hope
Waiting for the chance to grow
There's forever flowing from your soul
Waiting for the spirit to be flown
Shadowsong
Cassette Tape

Postby Marabelle » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:18 am

Hold on we're coming or at least Fez might be knocking on your door in the next few months. I am going out of town to the opposite coast. Stay strong we are keeping you in our prayers. I hope you can feel the love we send, i believe 'nothing is impossible to you' keep your faith and embrace our love.
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby FezzyChic » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:00 pm

Hey Shad and Marabelle
I'm thinking the same thoughts as you Shad about the deals and negotiations... and I just wish the very best for Stephen! The nasty business of show business, I bet many of those dealers would sell their own mothers!!
But, Stephen will prevail!
You met Stephen in sad times...
You full well know how he must have felt losing his Kellie, as you lost your sweetie!!

Yes, we are coming in August...
Me sooner when Shad feels well enough!
Love, love!!
FezzyChic
Ol' 78

Return to Steve Perry