Trump’s ‘spiritual adviser’ and her husband, the keyboardist

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Trump’s ‘spiritual adviser’ and her husband, the keyboardist

Postby tater1977 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:32 am

Trump’s ‘spiritual adviser’ and her husband, the keyboardist for Journey, got a White House tour

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/rel ... 1d6071099a

By Emily Heil

July 27 at 12:23 PM 

Hey, isn’t that … Journey keyboardist Jonathan Cain and his wife, Paula White Cain, getting a White House tour on Thursday from newly minted White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders?

Journalists reported spotting members of Journey in the press briefing room, and one photo showed the couple — dressed for business, he in a jacket and tie, she in a red dress — chatting with Sanders. But while her husband might be more recognizable (at least to ’80s rock fans), White Cain might be the real celeb at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. — she’s the televangelist who has been described as President Trump’s “spiritual adviser.”

She’s also the woman who reportedly initiated the prayer around Trump seen in a July 12 photo that showed religious leaders with their hands on the president’s shoulders.

No word on whether the party also included guitarist Neal Schon. (Schon’s wife, the former Michaele Salahi, famously crashed a 2009 White House state dinner, so the two could compare notes on their White House visits, if so.) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Re: Trump’s ‘spiritual adviser’ and her husband, the keyboar

Postby tater1977 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:29 pm

Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby SF-Dano » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:25 pm

From Schon's Facebook

Neal Schon
34 mins ·
http://thehill.com/…/344122-journey-member-spotted-in-white…#
Wow this is not the Journey I started in 1972 and have been fighting to protect since the beginning.
I've discussed this many times with Management and council and they both agreed that there should never be anything to do with religious beliefs or politics with Journey.
I do not want anyone to think my wife and I are affiliated in anyway with this at all. I've been fighting to protect for the last 2 years.
This is Not Me or my wife.
Neal Schon
SF-Dano
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:05 pm

SF-Dano wrote:From Schon's Facebook

Neal Schon
34 mins ·
Wow this is not the Journey I started in 1972 and have been fighting to protect since the beginning.
I've discussed this many times with Management and council and they both agreed that there should never be anything to do with religious beliefs or politics with Journey.
I do not want anyone to think my wife and I are affiliated in anyway with this at all. I've been fighting to protect for the last 2 years.
Neal Schon

NEAL SCHON MUSIC‏@NealSchonMusic · 10m10 minutes ago
only 2 more shows D.C. And NYC. Then I will fix this all.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:24 pm

Neal Schon
34 mins ·
Neal Schon

Had to go read his FB after your post...

Dan H The original tweet said *members* of Journey were spotted. Fake news.

Neal Schon I believe and now heard Ross and Arnel also

Daan H Well, shit.

Bobby H Yup..Ross and Arnel

Brian S We know . It wasn't Journey because you weren't there.

Neal Schon Amen
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby Memorex » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:39 pm

I don't think members of a band going on a white house tour somehow brings politics into the band itself. Let's say 1 million people go see Journey this summer. I'd say 10 of them would even know there was a white house visit.

This band is over 40 years old. They are never supposed to do anything personal? If Cain is a Trump fan he has to choose between the band and a white house tour? Arnel goes from poverty to getting a personalized white house tour and he's supposed to say no?

To me, Neal is losing his mind over unimportant matters. Who gives a shit if these guys go on a white house tour. They aren't reading position papers in front of congress. And even if they were, that's their right. He's got a bug up his ass and he's become what I consider to be unreasonable and damn near having a public meltdown. If he kicks someone out of the band because of their religious beliefs (that harm no one) or their political leanings, then he ought never to play the Star Spangled Banner again because he'd about as un-American as it gets.

Settle down Neal. No one gives a shit if Journey members hang at the white house for an afternoon. No matter the administration.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby ScarabGator » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:02 pm

tater1977 wrote:

Neal Schon
34 mins ·
Neal Schon

NEAL SCHON MUSIC‏@NealSchonMusic · 10m10 minutes ago
only 2 more shows D.C. And NYC. Then I will fix this all.

What the hell does he have in mind here...
ScarabGator
Stereo LP

Postby Memorex » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:34 am

Reading more of Neal's tweets and the comments he is replying to - unless there is something more going on behind the scenes, I think he is completely out of line. One guy suggesting that Jon should not have gone (only his wife) and Neal liking that tweet. How in the world is it wrong for someone to go chill at the white house for a bit. Fleetwood Mac played Clinton's inaugural and it's no secret their political leanings, but I don't listen to "Don't Stop" to get my liberal does of politics. I listen to it because it's just a damn good song about letting go of the past and looking to a brighter future. What the hell should I care who the members support. Journey has donated to political causes in the past. And this should bother me how?

I am all for keeping an overt political or religious message out of the music, even if so as not to alienate half the fan base. And they have done that. But Arnel chillin' up in the White House is cool by anyone's standards no matter who is in the White House. Sorry - I hope Neal calms down. No one is going to put on Journey's greatest hits and be forced to think of Trump or God. Silly.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Art Vandelay » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:08 am

Memorex wrote:Reading more of Neal's tweets and the comments he is replying to - unless there is something more going on behind the scenes, I think he is completely out of line. One guy suggesting that Jon should not have gone (only his wife) and Neal liking that tweet. How in the world is it wrong for someone to go chill at the white house for a bit. Fleetwood Mac played Clinton's inaugural and it's no secret their political leanings, but I don't listen to "Don't Stop" to get my liberal does of politics. I listen to it because it's just a damn good song about letting go of the past and looking to a brighter future. What the hell should I care who the members support. Journey has donated to political causes in the past. And this should bother me how?

I am all for keeping an overt political or religious message out of the music, even if so as not to alienate half the fan base. And they have done that. But Arnel chillin' up in the White House is cool by anyone's standards no matter who is in the White House. Sorry - I hope Neal calms down. No one is going to put on Journey's greatest hits and be forced to think of Trump or God. Silly.

Memorex - I don't disagree with you. Actually, in my opinion you are spot-on. But you do have to admit that the US political situation has turned things into one big cluster*** like it never has seen before. I don't speak politics or religion with anyone, but I know so many who do with a passion, and so many of their relationships (personal and professional, friend and family) have bee fractured. All because of silly nonsense disagreements. It's a confusing time we're living in. You have to be very cautious what you say and who you say it to, and my guess is that Neal doesn't want the band to enter that gray area in any way and risk losing fans because of it. WIth that said, if I were offered a tour of the White House, you can bet I'd check it out. It's a house full of history, and it doesn't matter if I support the current President or not. Like all the others before him, he's only a temporary tenant anyway.
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby scarab » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:38 am

I wonder if Jon is looking on Youtube for guitar players? :D

Next year we may have Jons JRNY (Where they will do all ballads and Cain's religious songs)
They will Open for Air Supply.

And Schon's JRNY where we will hear all rockers and extended solos.
They will open for Def Leppard

I bet you Steve Smith is so glad there is only 2 shows left.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Memorex » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:46 am

Art Vandelay wrote:
Memorex wrote:Reading more of Neal's tweets and the comments he is replying to - unless there is something more going on behind the scenes, I think he is completely out of line. One guy suggesting that Jon should not have gone (only his wife) and Neal liking that tweet. How in the world is it wrong for someone to go chill at the white house for a bit. Fleetwood Mac played Clinton's inaugural and it's no secret their political leanings, but I don't listen to "Don't Stop" to get my liberal does of politics. I listen to it because it's just a damn good song about letting go of the past and looking to a brighter future. What the hell should I care who the members support. Journey has donated to political causes in the past. And this should bother me how?

Memorex - I don't disagree with you. Actually, in my opinion you are spot-on. But you do have to admit that the US political situation has turned things into one big cluster*** like it never has seen before. I don't speak politics or religion with anyone, but I know so many who do with a passion, and so many of their relationships (personal and professional, friend and family) have bee fractured. All because of silly nonsense disagreements. It's a confusing time we're living in. You have to be very cautious what you say and who you say it to, and my guess is that Neal doesn't want the band to enter that gray area in any way and risk losing fans because of it. WIth that said, if I were offered a tour of the White House, you can bet I'd check it out. It's a house full of history, and it doesn't matter if I support the current President or not. Like all the others before him, he's only a temporary tenant anyway.

I think when you are starting out as a band, it's important to work as a group, set the tone, etc. But if Jonathan Cain, with all his accomplishments, can't visit the White House without a band member throwing a public hissy fit, than that's crazy.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby perryfan61 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:08 am

Neal needs to take a chill pill. The guys should be able to do what they want on their off time....I'm sure Neal does! Maybe he's just jealous he wasn't included :D :roll: :)
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby tater1977 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:19 am

OUCH ....

Michael Mountain - All "Journey" is to JC is a touring cash cow. He phones in his performances, doesn't want to use his position in the band to create anything new and cashes the check. He has become everything that real music is not. He is basically a breathing juke box, not a musician.
9 hrs

Neal Schon FB
Neal Schon - Say that again
4 hrs
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby George_g888 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:37 am

Arnel throwing shade at NS?

@arnelpineda official twitter
i will not compromise my own #happiness jst coz some1 thinks my #Right is #Wrong to that some1.we're all equally deserving in this world
-AP

@arnelpineda official twitter
we either #loathe in life or #celebrate w/ #LIFE..
i choose to celebrate coz #LIFE is damn too short not to embrace w/ #gratitude
-AP
George_g888
Ol' 78

Postby hoagiepete » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:53 am

Sounds like he could be handling this better, but understand his concern. I have never listened to "Don't Stop" the same way since seeing the Clinton's soaking things up in all their glory to the song. I'm guessing I'm not alone. I've attended two FM concerts since then, but sure don't care for "Don't Stop" anymore. Truly ruined the song for me.
hoagiepete
Cassette Tape

Postby Journey/Survivor » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:44 am

tater1977 wrote:OUCH ....

Michael Mountain - All "Journey" is to JC is a touring cash cow. He phones in his performances, doesn't want to use his position in the band to create anything new and cashes the check. He has become everything that real music is not. He is basically a breathing juke box, not a musician.
9 hrs

Neal Schon FB
4 hrs

That comment from that fan was exactly true, unfortunately. I have always been, and still am in many ways a huge fan of Jonathan Cain. But he has become the #1 worst thing for Journey, a guy that is holding the band back in just about every way and who just wants to collect a paycheck.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Memorex » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:46 am

hoagiepete wrote:

Sounds like he could be handling this better, but understand his concern. I have never listened to "Don't Stop" the same way since seeing the Clinton's soaking things up in all their glory to the song. I'm guessing I'm not alone. I've attended two FM concerts since then, but sure don't care for "Don't Stop" anymore. Truly ruined the song for me.

I think that says more about you than Fleetwood Mac. :)

I don;t know, if I based my entertainment on entertainers political views, it just seems like a lot of effort. I just enjoy performances. I could care less beyond that.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Memorex » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:49 am

Journey/Survivor wrote:
tater1977 wrote:OUCH ....

9 hrs

Neal Schon FB
4 hrs

That comment from that fan was exactly true, unfortunately. I have always been, and still am in many ways a huge fan of Jonathan Cain. But he has become the #1 worst thing for Journey, a guy that is holding the band back in just about every way and who just wants to collect a paycheck.

Yea - this is the impression I got when I last saw them. But then again, I am not sure how many bands I see where I am looking for the keyboard player's demeanor to make or break the show for me. Except for tonight - BILLY JOEL!!!

I mean, what is it that I want from Jonathan - someone that is stuck in a spot on the stage, much like the drummer. I don;t know how old Jon is, but I'm younger and would not have the energy to do much. I don't know.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby tater1977 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:35 am

Schon says he doesn't need Cain. So why doesn't he get the guys who
want to write from within the band and pull in a few folks off the street,
who they want to write with. Try a few writing sessions and see how
it goes.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby Memorex » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:44 am

tater1977 wrote:Schon says he doesn't need Cain. So why doesn't he get the guys who
it goes.

I look at Neal and see a guy who wants his band back. :)
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Jana » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:55 am

Jon's twitter feed is God, God, God, God, God, God. He isn't just married to a minister. He is married to a Pentecostal evangelical televangelist. She has a sordid past, as so many of those usually do, using it for money, milking it from those who need it most. He's drinking the evangelical Kool-aid. I wonder if she has him speaking in tongues, as she has done.

I loved the clip where they are talking about intimacy, etc., and he tells the congregation to watch porn, and she has to jump in and say they don't watch porn and he doesn't mean it and you shouldn't watch porn.
Jana
Digital Audio Tape

Postby tater1977 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:03 am

Memorex wrote:
tater1977 wrote:Schon says he doesn't need Cain. So why doesn't he get the guys who
it goes.

Well let's say if SP gave the keys back to NS and NS opened the
garage door, would the HD run without JC :?: :lol:
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby perryfan61 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:14 am

I'm guessing these last couple of shows could be very tense....if not downright toxic :roll: :| :?
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby Jana » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:23 am

perryfan61 wrote:I'm guessing these last couple of shows could be very tense....if not downright toxic :roll: :| :?

Can it get any more toxic than it already is? :shock:
Jana
Digital Audio Tape

Postby tater1977 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:37 am

Is he mad too because his name didn't get mentioned in the article :?: :shock:

Neal Schon FB

it doesn't but why does it have to be media driven ? And all members were not there so it should say JRNY members JC RV AP not Journey. I am the longest standing member in JRNY and the founder. Contrary to what they would like to Re write.
Peace I'm out 2 more gigs
3 hrs
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby Eric » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:54 am

Memorex wrote:
hoagiepete wrote:

I think that says more about you than Fleetwood Mac. :)

I don;t know, if I based my entertainment on entertainers political views, it just seems like a lot of effort. I just enjoy performances. I could care less beyond that.

Every time that song comes on I think of The Clinton's.
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby jestor92 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:50 pm

Memorex wrote:
it goes.

This is how I look at Journey.

I see Cain as a guy who is mailing it in and has been mailing it in since probably 2001 when Arrival didn't sell as well as they had hoped. A guy who doesn't want to create and has been creatively holding the band back probably more than most fans know for years. Also a guy who probably was one of the reasons why Soto didn't last longer.

I see Schon as a childish fucking guy who even though he is right on a lot of things is going about their issues the completely wrong way. A guy who wants to create, but cant due to majority partners getting in the way. Also a guy who if he's not careful will be splitting incoming money an extra way because of Cain's status as being one of the partners of the band and probably wanting a Perryish kind of send off to get him out.

I see Valory as a guy who only cares about making the most money possible for the least amount of work. A guy who mostly is in it for the money at this point.

I see Smith as a guy who likes working with Schon, but also probably took the gig for a quick buck because let's face it two years of touring with Journey is probably earning him more money than 5-10 years of touring with Vital Information.

I see Arnel as a guy who is kind of stuck because he comes from poverty to making good money fronting Journey. However, he's essentially a karaoke singer because even though he was the singer of a hit they never play it. He also probably enjoys Cain because I'm sure he's been able to teach him some things to help with his voice, while Schon was the one who discovered him so there is probably some allegiance there. Also I'm sure he probably wouldn't mind creating new music.

Journey = Mess
jestor92
8 Track

Postby slucero » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:18 pm

Arnel, Ross and Smitty come out of this with their sanity intact...

Arnel - he goes home to the PI and lives a life of luxury.
Ross - goes off into retirement.
Smitty - goes back to his 1st love, jazz, with a fatter wallet.

JC - is off the deep end, drinking the Jim Jones Koolaid... fracturing his own stone..

Neal - is gonna de-nut Cain in an epic court battle over the Journey name..

Perry is probably loving the prospect of finally not being the "thing" most talked about regarding Journey... interesting timing considering he could have a new album coming out...

...coming soon to VH1... "Behind the behind of the music: Journey Part II"

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:04 pm

John A. Garza‏ @jagarza1
I never thought @arnelpineda would get involved in this crap.

NEAL SCHON MUSIC‏Verified account @NealSchonMusic
He's living the American Dream ... how quickly everyone forgets where they came from. I think the RRHOF has gone to everyone's head. Not me

:shock: :roll:
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:47 pm

Arnel Pineda‏Verified account@arnelpineda

i will not compromise my own #happiness jst coz some1 thinks my #Right is #Wrong to that some1.we're all equally deserving in this world
-AP

2:32 PM - 28 Jul 2017

------------
Sorry bout that George_g888, just seen you had posted this already.
Last edited by tater1977 on Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Next

Return to Journey