Rumors Abound ...

Strange Talking Street Medicine

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Re: Rumors Abound ...

Postby tater1977 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:38 pm

Andrew wrote:NOTE - Can everyone block this whack job on twitter and no longer post his/her/its posts here. Zero to do with anyone or anything. Just wasting my time.

Blocked him back around 1st week of Feb. He wouldn't provide proof of what he was claiming in his posts,
esp since the band or SP had not made any statements yet regarding a reunion .
See my above, Feb 4th, post to him .
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:43 pm

Andrew wrote:
tater1977 wrote:Rumors Abound ...

Might be Glenn's imagination running wild...

Glenn Odle ‏@GlennOdle
Not to be as tattle-tell.....But, my resources and everyone in Sony/ Columbia/Interscope .. expect brand new Steve Perry music May of 2016

Glenn Odle @GlennOdle
@GlennOdle If I told you the title I would probably be shot so we will let that remain a mystery

Glenn Odle ‏@GlennOdle
This is the year Steve Perry makes a noise once again outside of the band Journey..."Stranded" being the studio clip to radio

Glenn Odle ‏@GlennOdle
It's a duet in the making from 1983...Steve Perry & Melissa Etheridge...Now a reality this 5/16

Glenn Odle @GlennOdle
Steve Perry has included a bonus track that was never released anywhere

Tater - this whack job says he's filed a lawsuit against me for $25 million because I didn't delete this thread. First time I've even seen it actually.... can you loan me the 25 mil seeing it's your fault?

Sure, can I send .50 cents / week by carrier pigeon ?
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby Andrew » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:11 pm

Lora wrote:
tedpruitt wrote:
Lora wrote:Yes, that was very sweet of him. Tim, Cyndy and I were all very emotional when we heard it.

Well deserved - you were and are the tireless conduits for the fans. You always made every tour stop feel special, even though I know you were dealing with a million other folks like me (get me tickets, get me photos, get me t-shirts!!!) Thanks for everything from the fan side!

Oh - and let me just add - that was BEFORE the days when you paid an extra $3-500 per ticket for the privilege! The Force (and later SPIN) always made the fans feel like "VIPs" !!!

Holy crap. Way to make me tear up, Ted. I remember you and our talks on the phone. I hate what the music industry has become now. Bands don't give a shit about long term connections with their fans. It's all about how much money they can make and how fast they can make it. We experienced the best of times and Journey Force was something to be proud of.

Well deserved praise for both of you gals :)
Andrew
Administrator

Postby tedpruitt » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:47 pm

Lora wrote:
tedpruitt wrote:
Lora wrote:Yes, that was very sweet of him. Tim, Cyndy and I were all very emotional when we heard it.

Well deserved - you were and are the tireless conduits for the fans. You always made every tour stop feel special, even though I know you were dealing with a million other folks like me (get me tickets, get me photos, get me t-shirts!!!) Thanks for everything from the fan side!

Oh - and let me just add - that was BEFORE the days when you paid an extra $3-500 per ticket for the privilege! The Force (and later SPIN) always made the fans feel like "VIPs" !!!

Holy crap. Way to make me tear up, Ted. I remember you and our talks on the phone. I hate what the music industry has become now. Bands don't give a shit about long term connections with their fans. It's all about how much money they can make and how fast they can make it. We experienced the best of times and Journey Force was something to be proud of.

See - that's EXACTLY what I'm talking about - how in the heck can you remember that?!?! lol

Well, I think you are right about the connections with the fans, but the music industry as a whole has made that shift -- the record companies don't care to put the long-term commitment into grooming their artists, the bands can't afford to put any long-term commitment into their fans - because they aren't making any money up-front on album sales like they used to - so that leaves the fans to pay the bill top to bottom.

I'm probably naïve and -- well, old-school -- but I miss the old days when the bands and their members were so much more of a mystery. Where you had to wait to see what they were doing next -- instead of knowing every time they wipe their noses like you do now.

Anyway - just wanted to say that you were as big a part of that success as they were - you guys WERE the fan's "internet" back in the day - they owe you plenty for keeping that fan base alive -- even when there were huge breaks between albums -- and leave it to Steve to be the one to think to give you the shout out!

Take care Lora - hope we can have a conversation about a NEW Steve album soon!
tedpruitt
Ol' 78

Postby bellairepark73 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:31 am

Lora, might this be the later this year you are referring to? I have posted this and some people think its a lot of nonsense but a fan on Facebook said she said this 1 month before RRRHOF. I have to remind people it is TENTATIVE. http://www.kshe95.com/news/real-rock-ne ... solo-album
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby bellairepark73 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:53 am

Neal confirmed Steve's album is finished on Twitter. So much for rumors.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby Aaron » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:06 am

Andrew wrote:Well deserved praise for both of you gals :)

^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^ and thanks very much for your insight.
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby Pacfanweb » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:15 am

bellairepark73 wrote:Neal confirmed Steve's album is finished on Twitter. So much for rumors.

Well, if there's a definitive source for Steve Perry news, certainly it's a guy who doesn't even have his phone number. ;)
Pacfanweb
45 RPM

Postby bellairepark73 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:11 am

Pacfanweb wrote:
bellairepark73 wrote:Neal confirmed Steve's album is finished on Twitter. So much for rumors.

Well, if there's a definitive source for Steve Perry news, certainly it's a guy who doesn't even have his phone number. ;)

Hey don't look at me. :lol: Steve's management set the trend FIRST by contacting JRNY management who then AS PER NEAL gave the info to Jon that he was coming to RRHOF. And I remember people saying here (yes here!) that his word couldn't be official. And what happened? He not only shows up but gives a 6.5 almost 7 minute speech that even now has Jonathan saying that he stole the show, and had the audience grasping for more. Now Neal was told not by management, but by Steve personally, as per Neal, at the RRHOF induction that his album was done and he tweets that he heard it was finished, only serves as a confirmation. So...just look at the pattern. Communication ISN'T going by the usual channels anymore. Steve's lawyer says via Billboard internet news article that he is in DEEP negotiations for his new album and that was NOT on Steve's official channel. So...these are UNUSUAL times.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby bellairepark73 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:13 am

Aaron wrote:
Andrew wrote:Well deserved praise for both of you gals :)

^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^ and thanks very much for your insight.

Can't forget about Tim McQuaid either. Congrats to the whole FA team.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby bellairepark73 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:18 am

When Steve comes out with his new album (and hopefully a promotion, small or large doesn't matter), I am sure FA team will be right on it making the FAN feel special again. Maybe that should be part of their tagline: Making the fan feel special again!

No, I don't want a cut. :lol:

Excited. This...is...gonna be GOOD!!!
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby Marabelle » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:39 am

Wow, I totally missed FA and the music of Journey during those early years with Mr Perry. My intro was with SA and the mess and fiasco that followed. Gee I do remember getting in touch with FA and asking about Mr Perry and....well, that is for another time but if he incorporates the dedicated and loving fans with this music release...wow, it makes me appreciate everything he has been through on and off the stage. Every season has a reason. Those fans are so dedicated. They believed in him! And still do. I just like to read, watch and listen from the sidelines and scream and applaud him for a life well lived! This might get to be real exciting or not! No pressure just a whole lotta love! Wow this has got me thinking of a few people who .....cooooool!
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby MotherCitay » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:40 am

Lora wrote:
bellairepark73 wrote:So Lora, I know you might not respond for a while but...I remember you said the new solo album was legit. Is that still the case?

Yes. I believe it will be out sometime this year. It will be worth the wait. :)

Hi Lora, is there any update you can share with us?
MotherCitay
45 RPM

Postby shaneslatts » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:12 pm

Not to be a naysayer here, and I have no doubt Mr. Perry has music ready to go, but I, the optimist is doubting it will see the light of day this year.
As a Cancer Survivor, and having lost several to the disease myself, I hope he's at peace with himself and the person he Lost.
But I'd still love to hear what he has, and to take my new wife to see him at a small venue.
The guy is magic, plain and simple.
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.
shaneslatts
Ol' 78

Postby RPM » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:27 pm

MotherCitay wrote:
Lora wrote:
bellairepark73 wrote:So Lora, I know you might not respond for a while but...I remember you said the new solo album was legit. Is that still the case?

An old Simon & Garfunkel song comes to mind......
"Remember Suzanne, those summer nights, those summer nights with me"
RPM
Cassette Tape

Postby perryfan61 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:39 pm

Yes, the sound of silence is deafening :roll: :roll:
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby MotherCitay » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:20 am

MotherCitay wrote:
Lora wrote:

Here's an update for y'all .... Steve hasn't been nominated for "Grammy Award for Best New Artist". :shock:

So no rush Mr Perry, take your time and grab your Grammy in 2019. 8)
MotherCitay
45 RPM

Postby tater1977 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:32 pm

Video: Live From LA – Chevy Drops Top On Corvette ZR1 Convertible

Look closely at pic in lower left and you can see Journey lead singer Steve Perry chatting with Mark Ruess. Photos by Chase Christensen

Full size pics -
http://www.turnology.com/news/video-liv ... nvertible/

Close up -
November 28, 2017, Chevy unveiled it’s 2019 Corvette ZR1 convertible.jpg
November 28, 2017, Chevy unveiled it’s 2019 Corvette ZR1 convertible.jpg (49.65 KiB) Viewed 12987 times
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:02 pm

- Nice looking vette, but still loving the 1962 vette the best.

ZR1 DEBUT 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLMrtf7 ... e=youtu.be

SP's in the video off/on, in the first 3 mins.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Re: Rumors Abound ...new pictures

Postby bellairepark73 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:31 am

Well regarding those pictures on Twitter, dang word gets around and his pictures get shared faster than warp 10.
Here is one that was not posted here, however. It was taken with a costume designer by the name of Mandi who does costume design for music videos. Possible chance meeting. I have asked the poster for details but no response. Not even sure where but am sure of the date.

I can't get the pictures to post. It says the board has reached its limit with attachments. Can someone help me out please?
Last edited by bellairepark73 on Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby slucero » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:04 pm

... at the rate Perry's releasing albums ... this one runs the risk of being a posthumus release....

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby perryfan61 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:32 pm

tater1977 wrote:- Nice looking vette, but still loving the 1962 vette the best.

ZR1 DEBUT 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLMrtf7 ... e=youtu.be

SP's in the video off/on, in the first 3 mins.

Beautiful car....I can see myself driving in that :roll: :D :?
SP must be a vette owner, to get an invite to this.
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby bellairepark73 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:57 pm

slucero wrote:... at the rate Perry's releasing albums ... this one runs the risk of being a posthumus release....

I hate to say it...but I think you could be right especially since the people at FA are making a distinct point of NOT even coming down here AT ALL! They STAY upstairs and post on the threads they feel comfortable to post at (read unencumbered). Of course, it took FTLOSM 3 years to come out, so 2018 might see it...but... He STILL has not caused Steve Perry.com to fly, even though it is under construction. By the way I am trying to attach pictures and it says that board has reach its limit with attachments and won't allow it. Andrew? Anyone?
Last edited by bellairepark73 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby tater1977 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:00 am

bellairepark73 wrote:
slucero wrote:... at the rate Perry's releasing albums ... this one runs the risk of being a posthumus release....

I hate to say it...but I think you could be right especially since the people at FA are making a distinct point of NOT even coming down here AT ALL! They STAY upstairs and post on the threads they feel comfortable to post at (read unencumbered).

I believe anyone from FA can 'come down here' as an individual and post comments
just like any other individual can. Everytime they post a comment or their personal
opinion on a post doesn't necessarily mean they are representing FA or SP's direct
thoughts/opinions on a subject matter. I'm sure they all have personal thoughts/
opinions outside their jobs, like we all do, so quit throwing shade their way.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby bellairepark73 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:01 am

tater1977 wrote:
bellairepark73 wrote:

I hate to say it...but I think you could be right especially since the people at FA are making a distinct point of NOT even coming down here AT ALL! They STAY upstairs and post on the threads they feel comfortable to post at (read unencumbered).

I believe anyone from FA can 'come down here' as an individual and post comments
just like any other individual can. Everytime they post a comment or their personal
opinion on a post doesn't necessarily mean they are representing FA or SP's direct
thoughts/opinions on a subject matter. I'm sure they all have personal thoughts/
opinions outside their jobs, like we all do, so quit throwing shade their way.

You are right tater. I grouped them and that is NOT fair. I would like to apologize for that. I am a supporter of theirs as previous posts can attest to. Once again, I apologize. I should have thought more carefully on how to phrase it.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby Marabelle » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:20 am

Well I have already written my post about my disenchantment with all of that, but operating from a place where I am invisible I consider my words are ignored and any complaints are not taken to the heart. My weed analogy still applies although sometimes I feel I am out here lost in the woods. I seriously believe there is nothing to report and when they find out something significant those in the know will share about “themanwhowillremainnameless”. Otherwise I know I am as usual spitting in the wind and only time will tell when news will be shared. Peace out!
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby Memorex » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:37 pm

Marabelle wrote:Well I have already written my post about my disenchantment with all of that, but operating from a place where I am invisible I consider my words are ignored and any complaints are not taken to the heart. My weed analogy still applies although sometimes I feel I am out here lost in the woods. I seriously believe there is nothing to report and when they find out something significant those in the know will share about “themanwhowillremainnameless”. Otherwise I know I am as usual spitting in the wind and only time will tell when news will be shared. Peace out!

FA or not, what's there to come down here and comment on? As much as we'd all like to hear the new stuff, there are far more important things to focus on, like life. FA folks lives don't pause waiting for Steve and neither do ours. I'm pretty sure that the second an update is available, it will be relayed to us. No word most likely means nothing to report at this moment.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Marabelle » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:16 am

Mr Memorex, I think that’s what I basically said. Peace Out! Have a great day!
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby Memorex » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:52 am

Marabelle wrote:Mr Memorex, I think that’s what I basically said. Peace Out! Have a great day!

That wasn't meant for you. Sorry. Just a general statement.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Re: Rumors Abound ...new pictures

Postby dtuneman » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:14 am

bellairepark73 wrote:Well regarding those pictures on Twitter, dang word gets around and his pictures get shared faster than warp 10.
Here is one that was not posted here, however. It was taken with a costume designer by the name of Mandi who does costume design for music videos. Possible chance meeting. I have asked the poster for details but no response. Not even sure where but am sure of the date.

I can't get the pictures to post. It says the board has reached its limit with attachments. Can someone help me out please?

Here ya go! I think this is what you were referring to?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbarbNlgPTO/?tagged=steveperry
dtuneman
Fresh Air

PreviousNext

Return to Steve Perry