Journey with JSS Baltimore 2006

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Journey with JSS Baltimore 2006

Postby AR » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:37 am

One of the last times I ever saw Journey. Leppard tour. Excellent quality, near full show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g2X_5SbzwU
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Re: Journey with JSS Baltimore 2006

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:56 am

Thanks. With JSS in the band, the members had to step up their game. Now they are mostly back to going through the motions. Neal still works hard on stage these days, but his solos have become noisy garbage. JSS owns the stage like a boss.
Last edited by The_Noble_Cause on Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby AR » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:00 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Thanks. With JSS in the band, the members had to step up their game. Now they are mostly back to going through the motions.

Funny thing is I think this is what Neal is looking for now. Cain was never happy with this sound. I was around those guys then. Neal seemed into it at the time. It was heavier and different for sure.
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:18 am

This video shows really an amazing command of chest and head voice. I remember when JSS first joined, many people doubted he could even sign in that high tenor zone. After a few shows, he got there. He used to post here alot and explain his technique. A few excerpts below.

"I'm not perfect but I do go for it & if you listen MY back catalog, you'd hear I was MUCH higher back in the day, when we were young, as most of us here are not anymore, & ONLY sang in a higher range."

"Head voice for those who don't know is the high register in your voice between real & falsetto, say it's like a strong, fuller falsetto compared to the Bee Gees or Leo Sayer which is more the lighter singing. It's much easier to sing the high notes in head voice than pushing them with real voice which is what I was used to doing on all my past tours, took me a bit to realize I had to switch it up for the sake of how the songs sound as well as my health."
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:44 am

I'm already 50 minutes through the show. Clicked on the link and couldn't stop watching. Kick ass concert.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby Eric » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:16 pm

As much as I love Arnel - this is just so full of energy and magic.
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby scarab » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:19 pm

this is the Journey I would pay $$$ for.
Band Rocked
Damn JSS owned the rockers (and i will be alright) and Deen owned the ballads
Heres hoping Schon's JRNY will do the same
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Greg » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:01 am

Who'd ever thought we'd be going back and reminiscing of JSS's time in Journey?
Greg
Cassette Tape

Postby perryswoman » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:37 am

By far my favorite lineup. Saw them in Columbia and it was the best concert I have been to out of about 15 journey concerts I've seen. JSS pure energy and Deen singing the slow songs my favorite. I actually think Neal would luv that again
Come back Steve Perry!!
perryswoman
Cassette Tape

Postby JourneyHard » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:47 pm

I wish Journey would have made at least one album with JSS. It would have been awesome.
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Postby bellairepark73 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:38 am

And that is WHY Steve Perry, the Voice himself, said that Jeff was what Journey (at that time) needed in order to grow. He never heard Jeff but it was through reputation ALONE that Steve said, 'he's your man'. But as he also said, "they (Journey) needed to open up more emotionally." I also like Jeff. I thought he brought REAL R&B flavor to the band so that you can really feel that bottom. Steve brought in Rock & Soul (Infinity, Evolution and Departure, ROR and some of TBF).
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby Pacfanweb » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:46 am

They should have kept him. Best frontman since Perry.

Damn the super-high notes. Tune down slightly for the highest songs, nobody except people who post here would notice.

Tune them to his voice, and let him own them.
Pacfanweb
45 RPM

Return to Journey