A little Over the Top even for a fan

Strange Talking Street Medicine

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

A little Over the Top even for a fan

Postby tater1977 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:42 am

When a 'fan' researches a stars genealogical family background, then posts it on
a FB fan page... it would seem to be a lil over the top. C'mon folks respect his privacy.
And PS. it isn't none of your damn business.
Last edited by tater1977 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Re: A little Over the Top even for a fan

Postby slucero » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:27 am

if you read the "about" section on this Perry nutjobs FB page its like a stalkers worksheet...

scary.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:21 am

To dig deep into someone's family geneology who you are not related to
or asked to do it by them, there has got to be a synapse misfiring somewhere.
That's going overboard.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby bellairepark73 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:00 pm

Not too sure how I feel about it being posted on Facebook but it is fascinating info and good work. However maybe it shouldn't have been posted on Facebook. Again...not really sure how I feel.
Last edited by bellairepark73 on Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby bellairepark73 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:27 pm

slucero wrote:if you read the "about" section on this Perry nutjobs FB page its like a stalkers worksheet...

scary.

Doesn't look scary at all. Very detailed and thorough.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby nylady » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:36 am

I agree this is way overboard. About a heartbeat away from lurking in the bushes outside his house and going through his garbage. There are fans, and then there are obsessions. While this is info in the public domain,I see no reason anyone other than Steve himself needs to be posting this on a public site.
nylady
Ol' 78

Postby bellairepark73 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:45 am

nylady wrote:I agree this is way overboard. About a heartbeat away from lurking in the bushes outside his house and going through his garbage. There are fans, and then there are obsessions. While this is info in the public domain,I see no reason anyone other than Steve himself needs to be posting this on a public site.

Actually...that's not way overboard. This tweet is: https://twitter.com/Leonard_Misner/stat ... 1556563969

Posting genealogy is at worst privacy invasive. This tweet is a potential fire starter and should have been extinguished by Neal right off the bat!!! This tweet sparked so many replies and retweets by Neal...it was disgusting!!!

Those kind of tweets are EXACTLY why Steve stays off of social media and quite possibly will avoid it LIKE THE PLAQUE ITSELF!!!
:shock:
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby tater1977 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:23 am

nylady wrote:I agree this is way overboard. About a heartbeat away from lurking in the bushes outside his house and going through his garbage. There are fans, and then there are obsessions. While this is info in the public domain,I see no reason anyone other than Steve himself needs to be posting this on a public site.

Posting pictures of both Steve's mom and dads headstones and where they
are buried, yea I would call that an obsession.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby bellairepark73 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:29 am

No I disagree. That was privacy invasive yes but the violent provoking is totally off the wall. We are worried about dead people when the "fan" posted that someone should kick that person' but are still people that are living! And nothing was done to reprove that. The dead are not conscious in any way. Not as important as violence being fanned.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby tater1977 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:17 am

bellairepark73 wrote:No I disagree. That was privacy invasive yes but the violent provoking is totally off the wall. We are worried about dead people when the "fan" posted that someone should kick that person' but are still people that are living! And nothing was done to reprove that. The dead are not conscious in any way. Not as important as violence being fanned.

What are you talking about ? Haven't seen any 'violent provoking' on these FB postings on
SP's family's geneology. Just comments that doing that is over the top.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby bellairepark73 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:25 pm

Tater not on Facebook but on Twitter. Neal's Twitter. I left a link a little further up on this posting.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby tater1977 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:47 pm

bellairepark73 wrote:Tater not on Facebook but on Twitter. Neal's Twitter. I left a link a little further up on this posting.

Ok we're both talking about completely different subjects. :wink:
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby Greg » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:29 am

Creepy. Very creepy.
Greg
Cassette Tape

Postby bellairepark73 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:29 pm

tater1977 wrote:
bellairepark73 wrote:Tater not on Facebook but on Twitter. Neal's Twitter. I left a link a little further up on this posting.

Ok we're both talking about completely different subjects. :wink:

I abstained from commenting on that for a while...but I have to say something: we are talking about the same subject: fans that go too far. Whether its posting a grave site or threatening someone and posting that person's family picture on your time line...it is down right bizarre and it is the same subject, just different means.
Last edited by bellairepark73 on Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby bellairepark73 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:00 am

Another so-called fan has been making the rounds first on Twitter, now on Facebook. This time private messaging folks Steve's so-called private address to willing idiots. And then making up stories about a supposedly Lauren who is his new girlfriend. I declare.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby Marabelle » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:06 am

There has to be a “ cut off” age when older musicians are left alone and Bieber and the younger stars are paid more attention to; it just seems if he was 20 or even 30 and maybe 40 and 50 but he’s been out of the spotlight for a looong time. It’s strange.
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby steveo777 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:13 pm

Anyone that obsessed with anybody is just creepy and sick in the head. Next thing you know, this person will be trying to get a locke of hair, or his DNA. Creepy!
steveo777
MP3

Postby JohnH » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:11 pm

Delete.
JohnH
8 Track

Postby yulog » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:35 pm

Perry loonitis is like Herpes , it never really goes away it stays dormant and can come out at anytime.

The Perry Loons are in full force now
yulog
Stereo LP

Return to Steve Perry