What I hope happens with Schon & Journey

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

What I hope happens with Schon & Journey

Postby Journey/Survivor » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:16 am

I'm hoping that for the next couple of years Neal Schon does decide to put together a band that he calls "Neal Schon's JRNY" and that it includes guys like Gregg Rolie, Deen Castronovo or Steve smith, and possibly someone like Steve Augeri.

A line-up of.......
Steve Augeri: Lead Vocals
Neal Schon: Guitar
Gregg Rolie: Lead Vocals, Keyboards
Deen Castronovo: Lead Vocals, Drums
Todd Jensen: Bass

Or if you can't get Deen to be in the band, then absolutely try to get Steve Smith to be the drummer.

With 3 guys like Augeri, Rolie and Castronovo sharing lead vocals, no-one would be overworked vocally. Schon could even sing one song per album/concert.

I would hope that the musical direction would be along the lines of Journey's "Eclipse" album, except with Rolie supplying a pre-Perry-Journey fusion sound with his B-3.

They could do a couple of albums over the next couple of years, as well as a couple of tours.

I would want Neal to also work on another solo album or two during his off days with his JRNY band.

Then in a few years get Journey back together with a line-up of.....

Arnel Pineda: Lead Vocals
Jonathan Cain: Keyboards
Steve Smith: Drums
Ross Valory: Bass

Obviously I'd be fine with Steve Perry being part of the Journey reunion, but I'm trying to stay somewhat realistic with what I wish for.

If Steve Smith isn't the drummer, then try to get Castronovo. He would also give them an additional lead vocalist to work with.

What would any of you hope to see happen over the next few years?
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Re: What I hope happens with Schon & Journey

Postby tj » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:58 am

Journey/Survivor wrote:I'm hoping that for the next couple of years Neal Schon does decide to put together a band that he calls "Neal Schon's JRNY" and that it includes guys like Gregg Rolie, Deen Castronovo or Steve smith, and possibly someone like Steve Augeri.

A line-up of.......
Steve Augeri: Lead Vocals
Deen Castronovo: Lead Vocals, Drums
Todd Jensen: Bass

Or if you can't get Deen to be in the band, then absolutely try to get Steve Smith to be the drummer.

With 3 guys like Augeri, Rolie and Castronovo sharing lead vocals, no-one would be overworked vocally. Schon could even sing one song per album/concert.

I would hope that the musical direction would be along the lines of Journey's "Eclipse" album, except with Rolie supplying a pre-Perry-Journey fusion sound with his B-3.

They could do a couple of albums over the next couple of years, as well as a couple of tours.

I would want Neal to also work on another solo album or two during his off days with his JRNY band.

Then in a few years get Journey back together with a line-up of.....

Arnel Pineda: Lead Vocals
Jonathan Cain: Keyboards
Steve Smith: Drums
Ross Valory: Bass

Obviously I'd be fine with Steve Perry being part of the Journey reunion, but I'm trying to stay somewhat realistic with what I wish for.

If Steve Smith isn't the drummer, then try to get Castronovo. He would also give them an additional lead vocalist to work with.

What would any of you hope to see happen over the next few years?

I would be fine with a combination of current/former members. It probably would not sell like the current lineup does in concert tickets, but would be more interesting. Pull some deeper catalog songs out and play them, mixing them up with the hits.
tj
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:12 pm

The Augeri/Schon writing relationship showed alot of promise with Beyond the Clouds. Shame they didn't collaborate more.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby JourneyHard » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:11 pm

They need to have at least one tour with Gregg Rolie. I don't care if Gregg is an addition to the current line up or whatever. Steve Smith made the concert so much cooler. Gregg Rolie would make the concert a hundred times cooler.
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Return to Journey