Sons of Apollo (New JSS band)

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Sons of Apollo (New JSS band)

Postby Archetype » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:33 am

New band featuring Jeff Scott Soto on vocals. While some people (me included) want to see him return to Journey in light of the Neal Schon vs the rest of the guys rift, this new group shows why JSS shouldn't! He has great stuff going on for himself right now. Check out their new track:

https://youtu.be/TLVWkqnN3Ck
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Stereo LP

Re: Sons of Apollo (New JSS band)

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:12 am

Need to hear more. Cool track.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby tj » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:24 am

Archetype wrote:New band featuring Jeff Scott Soto on vocals. While some people (me included) want to see him return to Journey in light of the Neal Schon vs the rest of the guys rift, this new group shows why JSS shouldn't! He has great stuff going on for himself right now. Check out their new track:

Great for Jeff. I have a hard time imagining that he would go back to anything Journey after the way he was treated when they let him go. But, that was 10 years ago, so who knows.
tj
Cassette Tape

Postby bellairepark73 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:31 am

tj wrote:
Archetype wrote:New band featuring Jeff Scott Soto on vocals. While some people (me included) want to see him return to Journey in light of the Neal Schon vs the rest of the guys rift, this new group shows why JSS shouldn't! He has great stuff going on for himself right now. Check out their new track:

Great for Jeff. I have a hard time imagining that he would go back to anything Journey after the way he was treated when they let him go. But, that was 10 years ago, so who knows.

Based on his current projects and based on his latest tweet...fugeddaboutit!!! Ain't gonna happen.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby Archetype » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:21 am

Success and happiness is the best revenge, and JSS seems to be a lot happier in his career right now than the guys in Journey.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby AR » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:32 am

Liked the new track. Looking forward to hearing the full CD.
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby AR » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:41 am

While I can't stand your politics, I can agree with your musical opinions.
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby jestor92 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:48 pm

I heard the first track they put out. Not really a fan. I'll check it out though as with the exception of Bumblefoot everyone else interests me.
jestor92
8 Track

Postby AR » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:52 am

jestor92 wrote:I heard the first track they put out. Not really a fan. I'll check it out though as with the exception of Bumblefoot everyone else interests me.

A little heavy at the beginning but consider who is in the band. I really like where they go with the chorus.
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Ehwmatt » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:07 am

Does this mean W.E.T. is done?
Ehwmatt
MP3

Return to Journey