I'm done with you people

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

Re: I'm done with you people

Postby Cassie May » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:12 am

Toph wrote:
Archetype wrote:Missed it that much, huh? Poor thing. Throws a tantrum and takes his toys and goes home. Only to come crawling back :lol:

Yep, to straighten out your bullshit. Someone has to do it.

Why? Did anyone here ask you to be the bullshit police? Why do you have this overwhelming need to spread your own bullshit?
Sometimes it makes no sense at all.
Cassie May
45 RPM

Postby Archetype » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:29 am

Toph wrote:
Archetype wrote:Missed it that much, huh? Poor thing. Throws a tantrum and takes his toys and goes home. Only to come crawling back :lol:

This is rich.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby Boomchild » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:28 pm

Toph wrote:

Obviously you do not see how pathetic you sound. First you tell everyone on this board that "you are done" responding and posting here. That it isn't worth your time. Now your telling people it is. Have you told your "DDY inside contact" that you have been setting people straight in the Styx forum on melodicrock.com? If you have, I'm sure Dennis is now able to get a good night's sleep.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Toph » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:28 pm

Boomchild wrote:
Toph wrote:

Obviously you do not see how pathetic you sound. First you tell everyone on this board that "you are done" responding and posting here. That it isn't worth your time. Now your telling people it is. Have you told your "DDY inside contact" that you have been setting people straight in the Styx forum on melodicrock.com? If you have, I'm sure Dennis is now able to get a good night's sleep.

Think what you want to think, prick. I don't really care.
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Boomchild » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:04 am

Toph wrote:Think what you want to think, prick. I don't really care.

Again you trip all over yourself. Of course you care. If you didn't you wouldn't have responded to this and would have never come back as you told everyone here that you were done. Keep digging that hole.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:59 pm

Toph wrote:
Monker wrote:
Archetype wrote:Awfully delayed departure, eh Toph?

Don't forget that he also posted another "goodbye" msg where he said EVERYBODY on the forum are assholes.

The guy is a real forum addict.

Not sure who the addict is....me or the person that searches two years back for a post. The same person who has been kicked off the Journey board on more than 1 occasion for his comments.... Inquiring minds want to know.

First of all, I didn't search back two years for a post. When someone starts a topic to announce they are leaving AND call everybody on the forum assholes, I tend to remember that.

I didn't set you straight on the Journey forum. Andrew did. Does he really need to do it again? Andrew and I get along fine...it's YOU who is a lingering question on if you deserve the privilege to post here.
Monker
MP3

Postby Boomchild » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:01 am

Monker wrote:
Toph wrote:Not sure who the addict is....me or the person that searches two years back for a post. The same person who has been kicked off the Journey board on more than 1 occasion for his comments.... Inquiring minds want to know.

First of all, I didn't search back two years for a post. When someone starts a topic to announce they are leaving AND call everybody on the forum assholes, I tend to remember that.

I didn't set you straight on the Journey forum. Andrew did. Does he really need to do it again? Andrew and I get along fine...it's YOU who is a lingering question on if you deserve the privilege to post here.

You seem to be really losing it Toph. This thread is not two years old. Just look at the date on it. Also, it was only ONE page back in the forum.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Andrew » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:06 pm

Toph wrote:So long. You all are all quite pathetic. See you later.

The irony in that statement. Fuck me....it's been 20 years and you're STILL banging on about who's right and wrong. Give me strength.

Move on before I move you on.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Zan » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:33 pm

yogi wrote:Froy did this 23 times before we lost him for good. He's now geting drunk far too often and blowing Chunks.

OMG, Yogi! Glad to see my joke got the longevity I was hoping for!
-Zan :)

believe me, i know my Styx

Shiny things
Zan
Stereo LP

Postby yogi » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:15 am

Good to hear from you again Zan. Greatest quote of all time .

Froy "I got so drunk I blew chunks"

Zan " Chunks is his dog"

EPIC!!!!!!!
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby Boomchild » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:46 pm

BUMP....
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Toph » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:18 pm

Again, proving what loser you are, Boomer. Go back and bring out year old (actually 10 year old in some cases) posts. I sure wish I had such a boring life that I had the time to go and dig out old bulletin posts. You are screaming loser.

P.S. Read this carefully:

I

DON'T

GIVE

A

SHIT
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Archetype » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:22 am

It takes about a minute to use the search function, dear. Boomchild barely has to invest any time at all in bringing your nonsense to the surface. The small investment of time pays dividends in comedy.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby Andrew » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:16 am

Toph wrote:Again, proving what loser you are, Boomer. Go back and bring out year old (actually 10 year old in some cases) posts. I sure wish I had such a boring life that I had the time to go and dig out old bulletin posts. You are screaming loser.

P.S. Read this carefully:

I

DON'T

GIVE

A

SHIT

Good. You won’t care that you’re banned.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby StyxGuy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:11 am

Thank you Andrew.

Folks, I hope we can all have our opinions and viewpoints (we're pretty much all outsiders to this?) without regressing into personal and petty attacks on one another.

Obviously we had quite the aggressor here and I think they actively stirred the pot to get others going. It was not healthy for any of us to keep engaging that.

So.. if we can move forward, if we can agree to disagree when it comes to "Tommy and JY's Styx" versus Dennis and keep emotional flare ups in check then this can be a good place for all of us.

At least that's my own opinion, disagree if you'd like.. just don't get personal... please let that crap happen elsewhere on the internet :P
StyxGuy
LP

Postby masque » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:54 am

StyxGuy wrote:Thank you Andrew.

Folks, I hope we can all have our opinions and viewpoints (we're pretty much all outsiders to this?) without regressing into personal and petty attacks on one another.

Obviously we had quite the aggressor here and I think they actively stirred the pot to get others going. It was not healthy for any of us to keep engaging that.

So.. if we can move forward, if we can agree to disagree when it comes to "Tommy and JY's Styx" versus Dennis and keep emotional flare ups in check then this can be a good place for all of us.

At least that's my own opinion, disagree if you'd like.. just don't get personal... please let that crap happen elsewhere on the internet :P

I totally agree......I for one have never been one to get "upset" about any opinion on the matter. we dont know these people.....we only know what they want us to know or what they have been unable to keep us from knowing. getting along with people or working side by side with people for years or decades can be very difficult.

would i prefer they were together? heck yeh.

am I glad they are all playing and still out there performing even if not together? heck yeh.

are they good people? I dont know......seems like they are decent humans.

if I found out otherwise, it doesnt change my love for their art and what they have provided for me to listen to for the last 40+ years.

to me their is no 'true" styx anymore without at least the big three together......I know many people disagree, but that's how I see it. its the three of them together that is really styx to me. but I dont care what DDY bills himself as and I sure as hell dont blame TS or JY for billing themselves as styx because as a business decision it makes 100% perfect sense to capture all the money you can.

I say carry on to all of them!
masque
Cassette Tape

Postby Cassie May » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:27 pm

Thank you, Andrew!!
Cassie May
45 RPM

Postby yogi » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:14 pm

Love this forum. Got to meet two great Styx and DDY fans because of this great place. One was even nice enough to get my wife and I into DDYs soundcheck back stage for a concert and a meet and greet after the show. At the meet and greet we got to meet Dennis, his great son Matthew and what I like the most was meeting the rest of his band and got to spend an extended amount of time talking to Glen B., Tim Orchid and Hank H.

An awesome night courtesy of this place.

P.S.- On a side note- For me it’s hard to believe that Styx is now ‘ classicrock’. Had never even heard of that genre when they were all over the radio. Personally I think it was much better when all you really knew about bands was what you heard on the radio or when you would hear some new music at a freiends house.
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby Cassie May » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:07 pm

Yogi--I agree with you on the "classic rock" thing. When I was a kid/early teen in the 70s, there was no classic rock--just oldies, and that meant music of the 60s. I will never forget hearing the Eagles' "Take it Easy" on the OLDIES station in the mid-80s! How in the world was that an oldie?? Forever in my mind, oldies means music of the 60s! At what age is a song an "oldie" or "classic"? Nothing makes me feel old like hearing the music I danced to in clubs while in college being classified as "classic." Good Lord, I am such a geezer. Now, get off my lawn! :lol:
Cassie May
45 RPM

Postby StyxGuy » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:22 pm

Oh my... Well if you don't feel old then you're not!

I'm just in my mid-30s so all of this music is "Classic Rock" to me. I don't care about the name, it's great music and I'm glad I listen to it instead of the modern pop crap out there.

There's some decent 'newer' rock bands around these days but I love my 60s/70s/80s rock, even If I was born after most of it came out :P
StyxGuy
LP

Postby masque » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:09 pm

the only reason I use and accept the term "classic rock" is to make it easier to communicate with causal music fans when they ask you what you listen to....it's easier to say "classic rock" than to say;

styx
kansas
queen
pink floyd
rush
foreigner
boston
journey

etc......etc.....etc.... because while some of those above bands are still known by name with causal fans, there are lots of younger causal fans that look at you like a deer in the headlights when you say you listen to "kansas" or "boston"........lol. sometimes you see their wheels turning and it's like they are thinking "does he mean he listens to music when he is in kansas or boston?"....lol
masque
Cassette Tape

Postby Cassie May » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:10 pm

masque wrote:the only reason I use and accept the term "classic rock" is to make it easier to communicate with causal music fans when they ask you what you listen to....it's easier to say "classic rock" than to say;

styx
kansas
queen
pink floyd
rush
foreigner
boston
journey

etc......etc.....etc.... because while some of those above bands are still known by name with causal fans, there are lots of younger causal fans that look at you like a deer in the headlights when you say you listen to "kansas" or "boston"........lol. sometimes you see their wheels turning and it's like they are thinking "does he mean he listens to music when he is in kansas or boston?"....lol

It's like that famous classic (there's that dreaded word!) joke about Paul McCartney being in another band before Wings.....

I really like the fact that there are so many younger people out there that like and appreciate music of the 70s and 80s. Read the comments on YouTube of videos of these classic artists, and there are so many that say, "I'm 14 and I love this music!" or "Current music sucks--I love classic rock!" I read comments like that and they make me smile. I think today's music sucks, too!
Cassie May
45 RPM

Previous

Return to Styx