Jonathan Cain's New Book Due Out MAY 2018

Postby tater1977 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:50 am

Hearing is Believing

New bios and memoirs set faith to music
By Emma Wenner | Sep 08, 2017

https://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by- ... eving.html

Don’t Stop Believin’

Jonathan Cain. Zondervan, May 2018

Cain, who has spent more than three decades as a keyboardist and songwriter for the band Journey, shares stories from his personal and professional life, including the childhood experience that rattled his faith and went on to shape his music career and his relationship with God. Journey fans will be especially interesting in his insider’s look at the history of the band and discussion of the inspiration behind hits including “Faithfully” and the song referenced by the memoir’s title, famously used in the final scene of the Sopranos.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Re: Jonathan Cain's New Book Due Out MAY 2018

Postby Memorex » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:58 am

This book will be half full of interesting stories and parts to skip.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby perryfan61 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:15 pm

Memorex wrote:This book will be half full of interesting stories and parts to skip.

Definitely worth reading, but as you said, there will be a lot of skipping over some parts. At least on my part.
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby slucero » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:10 pm

I'm wondering just how much revisionism will be in it....

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby Memorex » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:00 pm

slucero wrote:I'm wondering just how much revisionism will be in it....

This is my suspician based on recent interviews. But I think the interesting part will just be the tid bits or behind the scenes little stories. I don't expect anything too explosive or much we haven't heard. But if he says Faithfully was written about his faith in God, we'll be smart enough to skip a few pages.

Originally,, I defended Jon and explained no one should question his beliefs and his right to exercise them. I still support his right to express them just as I would for a devil worshipper (cause America), but I absolutely question his beliefs. He's not serving the Lord for the Lord. He's practicing a clear perversion of Christianity. He's either doing that for money, to please his wife, or because his brain got miswired. Or all of the above.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:13 am

Memorex wrote: He's either doing that for money, to please his wife, or because his brain got miswired. Or all of the above.

Nailed it!
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby FamilyMan » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:18 am

The manuscript for the book has been done for years - almost 10. Originally, it really wasn't about Journey at all - which is why he had trouble getting it published.
"I'd love to hear his voice again." - Neal Schon 2008
FamilyMan
Cassette Tape

Postby slucero » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:05 am

FamilyMan wrote:The manuscript for the book has been done for years - almost 10. Originally, it really wasn't about Journey at all - which is why he had trouble getting it published.

... and there it is...

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby lparn » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:01 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Memorex wrote: He's either doing that for money, to please his wife, or because his brain got miswired. Or all of the above.

Nailed it!

Agreed :roll:
lparn
45 RPM

Postby ebake02 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:03 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:

Nailed it!

Yeah, he conveniently finds religion at the same time he marries a known scam artist "pastor". :roll: Not only is she scamming her congregation but I'm wondering if she's scamming him too. She may not use the band and it's name directly but I don't believe for a second that she isn't using it, and his connection to it, anyway to pad her bank accounts
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby bellairepark73 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:43 am

FamilyMan wrote:The manuscript for the book has been done for years - almost 10. Originally, it really wasn't about Journey at all - which is why he had trouble getting it published.

Neal said the same thing about his book too (10 years in the making part)
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby Journey/Survivor » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:41 am

bellairepark73 wrote:

Neal said the same thing about his book too (10 years in the making part)

I would buy Neal's. Unlike Cain's.

If Cain would make it mostly about his music career, then I'd buy it too.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby brywool » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:23 am

I'm hoping that he rewrote The Bible and replaced the real characters with Journey members. Steve Perry should probably be Jesus in it. "And Steve said unto Neal "Let there be ballads and hooks!" and it was good..."
NO. He's NOT Steve F'ing Perry. But he's Arnel F'ing Pineda and I'm okay with that.
brywool
Digital Audio Tape

Return to Journey