Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:49 am

Yessssssss:

Matthew Vaughn confirms Man of Steel 2 talks:
http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/09/15/man- ... -superman/
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby Monker » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:48 pm

After cancelling "Dark Matter", Krypton had better be far better than average.
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:08 am

Sweeeet :!:

https://www.facebook.com/warnerarchive/photos/a.275238161562.177744.205910361562/10155716898496563/?type=3&theater

SUPERMAN: THE MOVIE - EXTENDED CUT & SPECIAL EDITION 2-FILM COLLECTION (1978,2000)
Run Time 188 Minutes-EXTENDED CUT (NEW 2017 1080p HD MASTER)
151 Minutes-SPECIAL EDITION
Subtitles Spanish, French, English SDH
DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 – English (EXTENDED CUT)
DTS HD-Master Audio 5.1 - English, DOLBY DIGITAL SURROUND 5.1 - French, DOLBY DIGITAL SURROUND 5.1 - Spanish
ORIGINAL ASPECT RATIO - 2.40:1, 16 X 9 LETTERBOX
COLOR
2-BD 50
Special Features (on Superman The Special Edition Disc): Commentary by Director Richard Donner and Creative Consultant Tom Mankiewicz; 3 Documentaries Taking Flight: The Development of Superman, Making Superman: Filming the Legend and The Magic Behind the Cape; Screen Tests; Restored Scenes; Additional Scenes; Additional Music Cues; Music-Only Track

Decades before blockbuster Extended Cuts were common, Superman proved a true “Man of Tomorrow.” Superman: The Movie received an ahead-of-its-time makeover for its television premiere – nearly 40 more minutes of story, creating a two-night television event. Audiences had already been swept off their feet by Christopher Reeve’s Last Son of Krypton, and now there was more to enjoy. Unseen in decades, this version is paired here with Richard Donner’s definitive vision of his film, the Special Edition Director’s Cut (2000), to create a supersized celebration of Metropolis’ favorite son that preserves the director’s intent while feeding superfan demands.

"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:04 pm

Yesssssssss.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby Abitaman » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:19 pm

I do not know if someone has posted this already but superherohype.com just posted that Danny Elfman is doing the music for Justice League and it will have the original Superman theme in it.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:16 pm

Elfman very much indeed confirmed that he has tinkered a rendition of the John Williams Superman theme in a key Superman moment in Justice League. I think fans got to realize, though, that Elfman did say it will be a situation where fans may or may not pick up on it so I'm expecting it to be a singular moment where Elman will blend in the theme to what already exists from previous films; Zimmer's Man of Steel score or what not. Don't expect it to be blasting verbatim but the classic theme sure will be there. I'm very curious and excited to see what's cooked up in November!
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:21 pm

Man of Steel Theme: "An Ideal of Hope" - Remix of Zimmer's & Williams' Themes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA3DdP6hvps
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:57 am

First trailer for Pacific Rim: Uprising. Can't wait. This looks mondo! Giant robots fighting each other and kicking monstrous ass, like a Gundam movie with kaiju. Due in March.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUjicxMPDzs
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Deb » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:00 pm

verslibre wrote:First trailer for Pacific Rim: Uprising. Can't wait. This looks mondo! Giant robots fighting each other and kicking monstrous ass, like a Gundam movie with kaiju. Due in March.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUjicxMPDzs

No Charlie Hunnam?! :shock:
Now Playing: Green Tinted Sixties Mind - Live. https://youtu.be/e9YPFXVNINU?si=zDfcdUBpoaDSatLG
Deb
MP3

Postby verslibre » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:22 am

Hunnam left to make that King Arthur movie that flopped.

Rinko Kikuchi, Charlie Day and Burn Gorman are all back. Plus Scott Eastwood, and that one guy who plays Finn in the new Star Wars movies. :wink:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:15 am

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Abitaman » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:57 am

New trailer is great. Like how it opened with Clark and Lois. Aquaman is definitely a bad ass.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:26 pm

#TheFuckingFeels

YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:25 am

Justice League ...Thursday night on the IMAX screen at 7:30PM!

Hearing lots of good things. Looks to be EPIC!
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:54 am

verslibre wrote:Justice League ...Thursday night on the IMAX screen at 7:30PM!

Hearing lots of good things. Looks to be EPIC!

Sorry, but the last preview they released was FAR too much like BvS. Prior to that, I was thinking maybe....but it looks much more like BvS than Wonderwoman.
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:10 am

I hear there's a lot more going on than the trailers suggest, some major surprises.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:34 am

I'm sorry but Justice League has awfull reviews. Even Forbes, which seems to be all in for DC, said it's OK but not worth going out of your way to see. The most common complaint that I read was the movie in some weird zone where it is trying to be Snyder dark with Marvel like humor...as if the studio ordered them to lighten it up because Marvel's formula works, and that is what reviews are saying - not me. The villain is generic and doesn't even seem to know why he's there or what the plan is. Forbes even said it is obvious that these characters are more interesting in stand alone movies. The first actis BORING "get the band together" stuff and nothing else. Momoa is over-the-top trying to be Aquaman but never really gets by the "talks to fish" stereotypical joke that the character has become over the years. Flash is comedy relief but not much else...a kid in a man's world. Cyborg is unrelatable. WW, who I thought would have been highlighted, essentially takes a backseat to all the guys bantering each other. The way Forbes described Superman, his entrance, and what he does just miffs me...bad writing. I think the consensus is somewhere between BvS and WW....and from what I read, it probably leans more towards BvS.

I really, really, think, IMO, they need to put any plans for JL2 on hold until they flesh out these characters more. This movie just sounds like a mess....No way I will spend money at the theater on it. The last preview left me suspicious that it was going back to BvS dark and crappy Snyder direction...which I hate...and these horrible reviews prove that there are even more issues than that.

And, yeah, I know you'll post the few positives ones...or the good bits of the mediocre ones. But YOU KNOW this movie was not received very well - at all.

For all your complaints about Ragnarok, it still sounds like a much better movie. I even agree that they seem to be trying to use GotG humor, and do it too often. And, they didn't need that rock guy "thing". Har, har, funny...like saying Quicksilver can run really fast. He can get from here to there, in a 'flash'....that was just lame. I blame the director, he should have known he was letting it go too far. But, Hela is awesome. I didn't think I would like Hulk speaking, but it makes him a true character. I didn't mind Thor without his hammer...it forced him to grow as a character - a good writing decision. Valkerie was interesting and I think they could have showed her off a bit more...maybe they could have extended the flash back scene where they battle Hela. Jeff Goldblum was what I expected - he plays the same character in every movie he is in so I didn't expect anything else. Loki was Loki, but he was a bit overshadowed in this movie, IMO. The story was solid and entertaining to the end. Well, I didn't like the "let's go to Earth!" ending, but whatever. It was MUCH better than Thor 2. And, it's doing about what I expect it to in sales. I'd say it is a good four star movie. If you "liked" the first Thor movie and liked GotG1 and/or 2, you would like Ragnarok.
Monker
MP3

Postby TageRyche » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:11 pm

Given that I have not really watched more than bits and pieces of any of the DCU movies because I couldn't stand how desperately dreary and boring they were with what I saw (Wonder Woman being the exception), I had very low expectations for what I would witness when I attended aviewing of this movie.

I was therefore quite happy to find myself quite entertained by Justice League. It wasn't anywhere near as dark and depressing as the other movies despite the storyline. I also didn't find myself bored during the action sequences like I did with Thor Ragnarok.

From the assembling of the varied team members, to the giant set/battle pieces, there was the right mix of humor, pathos and downright thrilling heroics.

I won't say that it was a perfect movie since there were two parts of the movie that I just didn't care for. I thought the villain was another in a long line of supposed world beaters that came off as more of a buffoonish cartoon than someone I would need to be afraid of.

And the movie did drag a little in spots when they had some character development scenes with minor characters. I know that they are important, and not all of them dragged, but at times I found myself think, "Get On With It Already".

That said, those were my only noteworthy complaints about the film and I can only hope that this is the path the DCU movies will take from here on out. This is movie is a good example of how to get me into a theater for a DC movie.

Minor non-plot spoiler warning: There are 2 credit scenes. I won't go into what they were but for those who haven't been warned that the end credit scenes exist, stay through the end.
TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Postby RedWingFan » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:02 am

Watched it today with the wife. Hoped it would have capitalized on the above average Wonder Woman. Was pretty disappointing, didn't help that I watched Winter Soldier which had a great story and characters on t.v. last night. JL plot was very thin, just an excuse for the CGI. At least they didn't get any of my money for it.

It's hard to believe that JL could manage to have the lowest box office opening of the DC films and not even make 1/2 of the Avengers opening. It'll be interesting to see what happens from here.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Abitaman » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:58 am

Saw the movie yeasterday, no where near as bad as the critics are saying. Whole family either liked it or loved it. I have some mixed feelings on it, but over all I would give it in the range of a B/B+.

SPOILERS AHEAD

Things I like...
1) Superman returned, not just to the movie, but back more to his nature as in the comics. And yes he has killed in the comics. Brighter costume!!
2) Lois and Martha with Clark on the farm
3) The grave yard scene, LOVED it. Could have 10 more minutes of just Cyborg and Flash.
4) Superman taking down the JLA
5) Flash's surprise that Supes could see him moving at super speed.
6) Supes and Flash race to see who is faster
7) Good set up for villains in next movie.
8) Ending battle
9) Simple easy to follow story
10) Aquaman was a badass!
11) Cyborg was a good character as was all the new ones.
12) Do You Bleed comment by Superman
13) Batman calling Wonder Woman out on not being an inspiration to people.
14) The 89 Batman music, 1978 Superman music, and 2017 Wonder Woman music
15) Superman coming to the rescue at the end
16) Wonder Woman lasso on Aquaman was funny
17) Great visuals

Things I disliked...
1) No black suit
2) Movie too short, felt a lot was missing
3) Comedy seemed forced in parts or an after thought (because it really was)
4) Batman seemed wimpy in parts or old and tired. Hard to tell which it was. Old and tired I could understand, would fit in good with the story.
5) Who won the Supes/Flash race.
6) Story was almost to simple and generic.
7) Several scenes from trailers missing from movie.
8) Did not like how they talked under water (Aquaman and Mera) Could be how Mera has to talk, hope it doesn't carry over to the Aquaman movie.
9) At times the tone of the movie shifted too much, ruined one part
10) Batman's reaction to seeing Superman alive...worse than the Martha scene, in that it was out of character, BAD
11) Cyborg suit sucked until the upgrade at the end.
12) Wonder Woman Lasso on Aquaman was out of place, funny but forced, can not see her laying it down and forgetting about it.
13) The villain CGI looked ok, but parts at the end looked bad. Must have done a re shoot at the end. The flowers at the end, really?

The story worked for the most part, and looked good. I liked the way the characters interacted with each other, for the most part seemed natural. Humor at time seemed forced and out placed. Should have been either a Josh or Zach movie, not both. Personally I like the movies DC as put out visually and the vibe they have. Story wiase they have lacked and it seems that Warner is to blame for it, forcing re-shoots. Either trust your director or do not hire them. Would love to see a Zach Synder special edition on this. Movie was too short and easy tom tell things were either redone by Josh or cut for time.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:24 am

RedWingFan wrote:It's hard to believe that JL could manage to have the lowest box office opening of the DC films and not even make 1/2 of the Avengers opening. It'll be interesting to see what happens from here.

I agree...the DCEU could have been a huge thing but the way it was done was just screwed up.

The rumors with Afleck quitting the DCEU keep coming and going. If he leaves, then IMO, it's a sign that DC is completely in the dumpster...and he is abandoning a sinking ship.
Monker
MP3

Postby Abitaman » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:00 am

Monker wrote:
The rumors with Afleck quitting the DCEU keep coming and going. If he leaves, then IMO, it's a sign that DC is completely in the dumpster...and he is abandoning a sinking ship.

I would kind of agree with you on that, but I keep thinking of the Bond movies that has been through a lot. Every time someone thought that was it, Bond would be back, better than ever.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Postby RedWingFan » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:21 pm

Check out this interview with Jason "f marvel" Mamoa, whining how his scenes were cut that would have fleshed out his character because they had so many other characters to jam in and do a half ass job of introducing in the movie. If the dipshits at DC would have read my posts in this thread, they would have seen that shit coming. But no.
http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/jason-m ... um=JoBloFB
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:47 am

Seeing JL tonight. No high expectations. Ragnarok was a blast.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby verslibre » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:55 am

RedWingFan wrote:If the dipshits at DC would have read my posts in this thread, they would have seen that shit coming.

They'd see the part where you say you never pay to see their movies, and strike you from the record. :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:20 am

Abitaman wrote:Saw the movie yeasterday, no where near as bad as the critics are saying. Whole family either liked it or loved it. I have some mixed feelings on it, but over all I would give it in the range of a B/B+.

SPOILERS AHEAD

Things I like...
1) Superman returned, not just to the movie, but back more to his nature as in the comics. And yes he has killed in the comics. Brighter costume!!
2) Lois and Martha with Clark on the farm
3) The grave yard scene, LOVED it. Could have 10 more minutes of just Cyborg and Flash.
4) Superman taking down the JLA
5) Flash's surprise that Supes could see him moving at super speed.
6) Supes and Flash race to see who is faster
7) Good set up for villains in next movie.
8) Ending battle
9) Simple easy to follow story
10) Aquaman was a badass!
11) Cyborg was a good character as was all the new ones.
12) Do You Bleed comment by Superman
13) Batman calling Wonder Woman out on not being an inspiration to people.
14) The 89 Batman music, 1978 Superman music, and 2017 Wonder Woman music
15) Superman coming to the rescue at the end
16) Wonder Woman lasso on Aquaman was funny
17) Great visuals

Things I disliked...
1) No black suit
2) Movie too short, felt a lot was missing
3) Comedy seemed forced in parts or an after thought (because it really was)
4) Batman seemed wimpy in parts or old and tired. Hard to tell which it was. Old and tired I could understand, would fit in good with the story.
5) Who won the Supes/Flash race.
6) Story was almost to simple and generic.
7) Several scenes from trailers missing from movie.
8) Did not like how they talked under water (Aquaman and Mera) Could be how Mera has to talk, hope it doesn't carry over to the Aquaman movie.
9) At times the tone of the movie shifted too much, ruined one part
10) Batman's reaction to seeing Superman alive...worse than the Martha scene, in that it was out of character, BAD
11) Cyborg suit sucked until the upgrade at the end.
12) Wonder Woman Lasso on Aquaman was out of place, funny but forced, can not see her laying it down and forgetting about it.
13) The villain CGI looked ok, but parts at the end looked bad. Must have done a re shoot at the end. The flowers at the end, really?

The story worked for the most part, and looked good. I liked the way the characters interacted with each other, for the most part seemed natural. Humor at time seemed forced and out placed. Should have been either a Josh or Zach movie, not both. Personally I like the movies DC as put out visually and the vibe they have. Story wiase they have lacked and it seems that Warner is to blame for it, forcing re-shoots. Either trust your director or do not hire them. Would love to see a Zach Synder special edition on this. Movie was too short and easy tom tell things were either redone by Josh or cut for time.

Abita, we're more or less on the same page. We were also supposed to see Darkseid, but he wasn't "finished" (FX by Weta Workshop).

I'm glad you pointed out #4, i.e. how Batman in Justice League is not the wrathful batgod who kicked ass right and left in BvS. The "Batman with a contingency plan" for everything even fails to bring kryptonite with him to the scene of Superman's resurrection, in case things go awry.

That, and everything, you can thank two entities for: Warner Bros., and Joss Whedon.

Joss was initially reported to be doing "minor reshoots" and finishing the film in post. He was said to be "following Zack's note" and adding "connective tissue" to cement the flow of the movie after removing the Lex/Deathstroke escape footage and some other bits. After watching Justice League, nothing could be further from the truth—

Try EXTENSIVE reshoots (I'll even post a graphic down below to illustrate). Not only did Joss reshoot stuff (and it was easy picking it out while watching the movie), he rearranged footage like a puzzle. Studio rhetoric that has it as "15%" is utter bollocks. Joss reshot things that didn't NEED to be reshot. There are so many great shots from the trailers not in the movie. Many of the best lines were cut. (Batman mutters a very cheesy "I didn't bring a sword!" in lieu of the simple, direct "My turn!" before he opens fire on parademons.)

I think Zack left because, yes, his daughter died, but WB was forcing a lot of bullshit he didn't want to deal with, like cutting the movie way down to two hours. Everyone far and wide is gushing over the great post-credits scene with Lex and Deathstroke, one of the few things left unmarred by Joss' revisions. It's easily one of the best things about the movie. The sequence for the original narrative got leaked on Reddit, and proves Zack's being allowed to finish the movie would have been the way to go.

Left mostly intact are two great scenes: Wonder Woman in London, and Steppenwolf's arrival on Themyscira which involves a lot of casualties. They still had many frames excised (the whole movie feels like it rushes along), and we don't get to see an Amazon's suicide in mid-transformation while turning into a parademon. I also don't get why Steppenwolf had to be completely CGI. They should have used Ciaran Hinds for close-ups/framing shot and utilized CGI to aid him during action (just like they did for Gimli in Lord of the Rings).

And yes, the fuckin' movie's just too short. Why WB was so opposed to a 140-minute movie is beyond me. I hope the crow they're dining on is mighty tasty, because OW box office reflects a misfire (not a backfire, which would mean it didn't make money at all). The weird thing regarding JL's underperforming is the deluge of positive reviews and tweets from major reviewers and comics creators who liked/loved Justice League. Also on RT are many positive remarks that, inexplicably, are not rated "fresh."

Below is evidence of unnecessary reshooting for the meeting between Arthur Curry aka Aquaman and Bruce Wayne. Their initial encounter is much more pleasant than implied in the original trailer, and all the tension's been sucked out of with a Dyson ball.

Removed: Superman looking at a hologram of Superman (or Supergirl?!) and replaced with Bruce looking off to the side. Yawn.

Partially reshot, with new footage added: Bruce throwing the batarang at Barry Allen (Ben looks noticeably puffier), with a changed angle, and Barry's new "brunch" joke (Joss loves his dumb jokes).

You'll also notice the cinematography suffers under Joss' direction, while Zack's visuals are always on point. Joss should have the Batgirl movie yanked out of his sweaty hands.

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:23 am

RedWingFan wrote:Check out this interview with Jason "f marvel" Mamoa, whining how his scenes were cut that would have fleshed out his character because they had so many other characters to jam in and do a half ass job of introducing in the movie. If the dipshits at DC would have read my posts in this thread, they would have seen that shit coming. But no.
http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/jason-m ... um=JoBloFB

He wrote "Fuck Marvel" on a kid's poster because the kid ASKED him to.

Also, where is the whining you speak of? He's saying the footage that was cut will appear in Aquaman. That's it. You're such a pot-stirrer, RWFart. :lol:

Also, introducing Flash, Cyborg and Aquaman in Justice League weren't part of the movie's problems. Read my post above (and below!).
Last edited by verslibre on Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:38 am

TageRyche wrote:I thought the villain was another in a long line of supposed world beaters that came off as more of a buffoonish cartoon than someone I would need to be afraid of.

Most of the backstory on Steppenwolf was jettisoned at the studio's command ("By your command!") in order to get the movie two hours and not a minute longer. References to Hegga (the main impetus for collecting the Mother Boxes) were removed, dialogue between Steppenwolf and Wonder Woman during their first encounter was removed, Darkseid (who was supposed to kill Steppenwolf at the end of the movie) was removed, and Steppenwolf's best line ("No defenders...no Lanterns...no Kryptonian...this world will fall, like all the rest") was removed for no good reason. Joss loves cheesy dialogue so he's probably the one responsible for taking the movie's best lines and inserting his own cheese with all the subtlety of a meat slicer.

The scene where Aquaman rescues the boatman was also shot for an end-of-movie montage, and Joss put it before the halfway mark, lol! Then he also reshot the waves slamming against Aquaman on the pier (and Joss' take looks like nothing special, whereas Zack's looked awesome).
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:42 am

Monker wrote:And, yeah, I know you'll post the few positives ones...or the good bits of the mediocre ones. But YOU KNOW this movie was not received very well - at all.

Actually, you're wrong. There are many good reviews — from Chicago Sun-Times, USA Today, Forbes (Mark Hughes), Entertainment, Los Angeles Times, etc. All the guys on Collider and Popcorn Talk's DC Movie News liked it, too, in SPITE of the problems it has. Loads of positive tweets from personalities like Kevin Smith, Grace Randolph, Gail Simone (major Wonder Woman writer), etc. A lot of usually Marvel-only users over on Hype also like the movie.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:49 am

RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara