OFFICIAL NFL 2017-2018 Thread

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2017-2018 Thread

Postby Fact Finder » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:02 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Alright guys. Go to ESPN.com----> Pigskin Pick'ems----> search for the group ---->rejoin.

Group name: Melodicrock
Password: melodicrock

http://games.espn.com/nfl-pigskin-picke ... 017_NFLNav

Thanks dude. :wink:
Only $5 Million more and I'll be a Greedy One Percenter.
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby conversationpc » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:39 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Alright guys. Go to ESPN.com----> Pigskin Pick'ems----> search for the group ---->rejoin.

Group name: Melodicrock
Password: melodicrock

http://games.espn.com/nfl-pigskin-picke ... 017_NFLNav

FYI to those who might not have joined yet, you can't click on Rejoin. After you search up Melodicrock, click on the group name to go to the group page. There is no Rejoin to click on. Instead click on the link that says something like "Play now for free". Then it will ask for the group password.
My blog = Dave's Dominion

conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Postby Fact Finder » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:32 am

Good to see ya joined up Dave. How ya been? What's the talk on Luck out there?
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Seven Wishes » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:14 am

I'm in. All Browns, all the time. Holy shit! Where's the eggnog?
Seven Wishes
Ol' 78

Postby Fact Finder » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:32 am

Seven Wishes wrote:I'm in. All Browns, all the time. Holy shit! Where's the eggnog?

Awesome, welcome dude.

Who is JW on pickem's?
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:13 pm

I believe that is my brotha from anotha motha John From Boston! 8)
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby Memorex » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:49 am

So glad to see the NFL ratings take a serious hit last night compared to the opener last year, which was already down from years past. I hope people keep turning it off until changes are made.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:22 pm

The Hall of Fame Game had higher ratings than Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals. Nothing is going to dent the NFL. They're a juggernaut.
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby Memorex » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:29 pm

YoungJRNYfan wrote:The Hall of Fame Game had higher ratings than Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals. Nothing is going to dent the NFL. They're a juggernaut.

This is just silly. When you have a "company" doing business at any size, any downturn is seen as quite negative. You don't think the NFL is worried? You don't think networks are worried? You are high. 2 million fewer viewers than last year's opener. Ratings down last year and look to be in for more of a slide this year.

The NFL does not ever in a million years compare itself to Hockey. It compares itself to one thing and one thing only - it's previous self.

But maybe you are right. Maybe just because the NFL is the most-watched sport, they really could care less about losing viewers year over year. Sure.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:05 am

Memorex wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:The Hall of Fame Game had higher ratings than Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals. Nothing is going to dent the NFL. They're a juggernaut.

This is just silly. When you have a "company" doing business at any size, any downturn is seen as quite negative. You don't think the NFL is worried? You don't think networks are worried? You are high. 2 million fewer viewers than last year's opener. Ratings down last year and look to be in for more of a slide this year.

The NFL does not ever in a million years compare itself to Hockey. It compares itself to one thing and one thing only - it's previous self.

But maybe you are right. Maybe just because the NFL is the most-watched sport, they really could care less about losing viewers year over year. Sure.

K.Image

You are high.

I fucking wish :lol:
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby scarab » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:11 am

Wow, the Vikings Offense actually played a good game.
(against a not so good defense) :lol:
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Memorex » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:03 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:
Memorex wrote:

K.Image

You are high.

I fucking wish :lol:

Monday night football down 27%! Whole weekend down except perhaps the Dallas game. This is with changes the NFL put in place to increase viewership. Like more intriguing games and less breaks.

But I'm sure they aren't worried at all .
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:47 am

Your boner must be HUESH right now!
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby Memorex » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:04 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Your boner must be HUESH right now!

Not at all. I just wanted to counter the absurdity of the NFL comparing itself to NHL or that they aren't worried.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:08 am

I'm just saying no matter how much of a black eye the NFL took in recent years to where their product has suffered in many ways, it STILL is a juggernaut in comparison to other sports regardless of their own rating standards in comparison to itself. The NFL's issues have been documented for awhile and players like Kaepernick's antics factor into these dips, especially in a world where politics is becoming more and more dominate. It was bound to happen but the NFL will always be well oiled no matter how many jerseys you will set out to burn.
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby Memorex » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:25 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:I'm just saying no matter how much of a black eye the NFL took in recent years to where their product has suffered in many ways, it STILL is a juggernaut in comparison to other sports regardless of their own rating standards in comparison to itself. The NFL's issues have been documented for awhile and players like Kaepernick's antics factor into these dips, especially in a world where politics is becoming more and more dominate. It was bound to happen but the NFL will always be well oiled no matter how many jerseys you will set out to burn.

Ugh. No one is burning jerseys. Don't get carried away. I put together a thoughtful post of why I personally am not watching the NFL. I'm not some fanatic or whatever.

To me, the only way the NFL is going to change is if they see their brand losing market share. So I do hope for that in order to see the changes. So I am very glad people are choosing alternatives at the moment. I think that's a fair-minded desire. What else can I do, picket the NFL headquarters?
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Seven Wishes » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:43 am

The Jets are hot.
Seven Wishes
Ol' 78

Postby scarab » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:38 am

Wow
Casey Keenum looked terrible last week
And today he had 3 tds 375+ yards and no picks
Dalvin Cook played a solid game as well.

What a turn around.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby S2M » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:42 am

scarab wrote:Wow
Casey Keenum looked terrible last week
And today he had 3 tds 375+ yards and no picks
Dalvin Cook played a solid game as well.

What a turn around.

Wasn't Tampa's starting CBs out with injuries?
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
S2M
MP3

Postby scarab » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:57 am

Not sure but if you watched him play last week you would swear he is a different guy.
Bummed FF Bengals could not pull off a win. :evil:
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Fact Finder » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:01 am

I understand why you wanted a Bengal victory but I must tell you, never ever be surprised by then Bengals blowing a lead and losing a game. It’s just what they do, as a local talk host said today, “the Bengals have been taking a knee for 50 years.” :lol:
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Memorex » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:42 am

The NFL is hiring a Senior Communications Strategist for their New York City location a job posted Monday shows. The position requirements include providing crisis communications counsel to the leagues executives. “They will work closely with communications department leadership to create messaging to reflect the league’s wide variety of priorities and expedite organizational decision-making,” the job listing reads.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Fact Finder » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:29 am

Memorex wrote:
The NFL is hiring a Senior Communications Strategist for their New York City location a job posted Monday shows. The position requirements include providing crisis communications counsel to the leagues executives. “They will work closely with communications department leadership to create messaging to reflect the league’s wide variety of priorities and expedite organizational decision-making,” the job listing reads.

About a year late and a dollar short, the NFL SJW Ship has sailed and is now on full steam ahead. Will the NFL ever recover is the question. NFL is in a Titanic situation and they better start bailing the water.
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Memorex » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:40 am

Fact Finder wrote:
Memorex wrote:

About a year late and a dollar short, the NFL SJW Ship has sailed and is now on full steam ahead. Will the NFL ever recover is the question. NFL is in a Titanic situation and they better start bailing the water.

I think they will for two reasons. The owners won't stand for it much longer and America is a forgiving country.

I do notice however, like what's happened with me, a lot of people are commenting about how nice it is to have let the NFL go. For all it's great things over the years, it is a rather stressful sport for a fan. Maybe other leagues are as well, but I always found myself so wound up every game. And even during the week. Now, my Sundays are better spent. So even if things turned around, I am not sure I would ever go back to being the same level fan I was. I just realized how unimportant it was. It's been a good transition. And my fingernails can finally grow.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby AR » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:40 am

If an NFL player wants to take a knee he should blow the nearest fan. Really sick of this social justice warrior shit. Put your money where your knees are and invest in the poorest communities and make them better instead of taking the knee which is completely becoming the new ice bucket challenge.

Perhaps the NFL could avoid this by taking a moment before the anthem and show how their players are making our country better socially, racially and economically. Some are. Look at JJ Watt with what he did for hurricane victims.

My own hometown team was a national disgrace in a foreign country for their behavior. Their play was horrendous too, but that is another story.

London is a wonderful city though. Fully enjoyed the culture, monuments, their people and of course the pubs. :)
Last edited by AR on Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
AR is just a longtime net troll who is bored with trolling just Journey most of the time so he's looking for other places to troll and get reactions.

"StillStanding" from the karaoke Boston forum and night manager at Home Depot
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Memorex » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:07 am

I look at people like Bette Midler. I don't always agree with her, but she puts her money where her mouth is. She does more for charity in time and money quietly than any of these people. Even Sean Penn who is a crazy dude, he backs up what he says. But then you have people like Springsteen that talk and talk and then use every loophole possible to pay less taxes.

There are far better ways these players can help the situation than their fake outrage.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby slucero » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:10 am

DirecTV refunds Sunday Ticket subscribers who are upset over NFL protests
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... -1.3523593

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby Fact Finder » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:46 am

AR wrote:If an NFL player wants to take a knee he should blow the nearest fan. Really sick of this social justice warrior shit. Put your money where your knees are and invest in the poorest communities and make them better instead of taking the knee which is completely becoming the new ice bucket challenge.

Perhaps the NFL could avoid this by taking a moment before the anthem and show how their players are making our country better socially, racially and economically. Some are. Look at JJ Watt with what he did for hurricane victims.

My own hometown team was a national disgrace in a foreign country for their behavior. Their play was horrendous too, but that is another story.

London is a wonderful city though. Fully enjoyed the culture, monuments, their people and of course the pubs. :)

Dang Ed, forgot about you going to the game. My wife was there over the weekend too, coming home tomorrow. Hope you enjoyed the trip.
Fact Finder
MP3

Postby Memorex » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:39 am

Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Fact Finder » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:14 am

Fact Finder
MP3

PreviousNext

Return to Death By Stereo