Anything is Possible

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Anything is Possible

Postby JourneyHard » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:41 am

Why isn't Anything is Possible the theme song to Shark Tank TV Show? Listen to the lyrics. It is perfect. Journey needs to be pushing their music in all directions possible. It is incredible that they are leaving millions of dollars on the table.
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Re: Anything is Possible

Postby Monker » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:35 am

JourneyHard wrote:Why isn't Anything is Possible the theme song to Shark Tank TV Show? Listen to the lyrics. It is perfect. Journey needs to be pushing their music in all directions possible. It is incredible that they are leaving millions of dollars on the table.

It's because Steve Perry isn't singing it...and nobody has heard or cares much about the songs on Eclipse. There is no reason to use a song that only a tiny fraction has on a show like this.
Monker
MP3

Postby bellairepark73 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:23 pm

Monker wrote:
JourneyHard wrote:Why isn't Anything is Possible the theme song to Shark Tank TV Show? Listen to the lyrics. It is perfect. Journey needs to be pushing their music in all directions possible. It is incredible that they are leaving millions of dollars on the table.

It's because Steve Perry isn't singing it...and nobody has heard or cares much about the songs on Eclipse. There is no reason to use a song that only a tiny fraction has on a show like this.

While I agree with that, that is exactly why they need to be pushing their other music. Management is doing a HORRIBLE job at that. But...they are using DBS to the max!
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby JourneyHard » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:32 am

Dragon Den, Canada's version of Shark Tank, has some stupid song as its theme song. Anything is Possible is a much better song and should be the theme to Shark Tank.

Journey needs a new manager that will push their music to multiple outlets. Do your damn job!
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:25 pm

The music on Eclipse is SIX YEARS OLD. No TV show is going to take a song that is from a six year old album, an album that nobody cares about, and a song that wasn't even released as a single, a song that hardly anybody is heard, and pay Journey whatever they want to use it as their theme song. It's just not going to happen.

What do you expect management to do? Journey's career is essentially over. They can't even come together as a band to record and release an album. Neal goes on rampages about meaningless shit. Jonathan is spaced out on on his religion and wife. This is a band that has come to an end.

Eclipse is most likely Journey's final album. The HOF was their swan song moment...which they wasted. They may or may not tour next year....but in the big picture, it doesn't really matter.
Monker
MP3

Postby scarab » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:43 pm

sad thing is the last time I heard a Journey tune played on the radio was 2001. Higher Place, and only partnered with a classic hit.
They didnt even play AIP live during the Eclispe tour.
Im pretty sure AIP and Shes a Mystery were "hits" on the AC charts.
If that was true would love to hear the single version, cause if it was played I am sure the ending was left off.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby JourneyHard » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:16 am

If Journey can hold things together, all this fighting might actually be good for them. If they were happy-go-lucky, their music would suffer. I can see them releasing a new album out of all this conflict that is one of their best efforts ever. Correct me if I am wrong, but Fleetwood Mac was a mess when they did Rumours and it was one of the biggest selling albums of all time.

The push and pull of Jon wanting ballads and Neal wanting to rock out makes Journey a better band. Just sayin'
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Postby scarab » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:29 am

but sadly its Perry that was the guy in the middle, something was magical on the Perry/Cain/Schon hits.
And I have no idea why they are not in the SongWriters hall of fame.
I think this is the ONLY thing that could get them to do another thing like Bill Grahams tribute.
And this time, in front of non stoned deadheads crowd the reaction would be great!
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby JourneyHard » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:33 am

I have no evidence, but I have a feeling Steve Perry isn't releasing his new album because he knows management isn't going to push it and give him some hit songs. This fits right in with this topic.

For Street Talk, Perry had hits with Oh Sherrie and Foolish Heart, and got Strung Out played on rock radio. With Eclipse's harder edge, it is a shame none of those songs were pushed to rock radio. The dj says, "We play anything that rocks." Well, you aren't playing Eclipse.
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:03 pm

JourneyHard wrote:I have no evidence, but I have a feeling Steve Perry isn't releasing his new album because he knows management isn't going to push it and give him some hit songs. This fits right in with this topic.

Why would he care? He isn't even going to tour so what is management going to do? He should be happy to even get it released. In fact, IMO, he has not found a label BECAUSE he wants a one album deal, isn't going to tour, will do limited promotion...and the fact is he hasn't had any charting solo music since FTLOSM, almost 25yrs ago. I'm sure Frontiers would be happy to have Perry...but I doubt Sony will release this album under these limitations.

For Street Talk, Perry had hits with Oh Sherrie and Foolish Heart, and got Strung Out played on rock radio. With Eclipse's harder edge, it is a shame none of those songs were pushed to rock radio. The dj says, "We play anything that rocks." Well, you aren't playing Eclipse.

Street Talk was released during the apex of Journey's career...any decent song on a Perry solo album would be a hit.

Eclipse WAS pushed to radio. They released multiple singles. Eclipse is not the music radio is looking for. A "DJ" can say whatever he/she wants...but I'll bet anything that they have a playlist that they can not deviate from.
Monker
MP3

Postby bellairepark73 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:31 pm

Monker wrote:
JourneyHard wrote:I have no evidence, but I have a feeling Steve Perry isn't releasing his new album because he knows management isn't going to push it and give him some hit songs. This fits right in with this topic.

Nothing was said from his management. We have NO IDEA who his management IS! ---sorry I can't get it from out of your quote, bellairepark.

Why would he care? He isn't even going to tour so what is management going to do? He should be happy to even get it released. In fact, IMO, he has not found a label BECAUSE he wants a one album deal, isn't going to tour, will do limited promotion...and the fact is he hasn't had any charting solo music since FTLOSM, almost 25yrs ago. I'm sure Frontiers would be happy to have Perry...but I doubt Sony will release this album under these limitations.

How do we know this? 1 album deal?!? Limited promotion? !? Who said this? A video blogger who says he has contacts that he now can't reveal because he was WRONG about this album? I think Frontiers and/or Melodic Rock was asked and they said we'd LOVE to. And , "if you have to ask you don't know us." Andrew even said on Twitter 'out of his budget'. So he is probably asking way too much money up front for promotion.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby Monker » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:08 pm

bellairepark73 wrote:
Monker wrote:

Nothing was said from his management. We have NO IDEA who his management IS! ---sorry I can't get it from out of your quote, bellairepark.

How do we know this? 1 album deal?!? Limited promotion? !? Who said this? A video blogger who says he has contacts that he now can't reveal because he was WRONG about this album? I think Frontiers and/or Melodic Rock was asked and they said we'd LOVE to. And , "if you have to ask you don't know us." Andrew even said on Twitter 'out of his budget'. So he is probably asking way too much money up front for promotion.

What blogger? I don't know what you are talking about. Is she still putting up messages?

It's just common sense. Perry has *A* album to release. Why would he want to sign a contract for more than that? He CAN'T do much promotion because of his voice and 'hip'.

Andrew mentioned on the forums once a few years ago about releasing Perry's album...somebody asked him about it. He said at that time it was out of his budget. I don't think anybody from Perry's "camp" asked him about releasing it. He should probably clarify...but I took it to mean it would be a bigger release than he is equipped to handle...meaning, being shipped to retail stores, etc...and planning well over 100,000 copies...I doubt anything Andrew does even comes close to that.

Frontiers would be better but you are correct in that Perry would have to do whatever promotion on his own....but I doubt he is really going to want to do much other than radio shows and magazine interviews. Even the various talk shows, morning or night, I doubt he is going to want to go on stage and perform....just my opinion. So, Frontiers would be a good place to go just to get it released. The problem is he may want the backing of a big label like Sony to help him chart the album and singles....if he goes with Frontiers, that PROBABLY (it's still possible) won't happen.
Monker
MP3

Return to Journey