You might be a REAL Journey Fan if.....

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

You might be a REAL Journey Fan if.....

Postby JourneyHard » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:22 pm

You might be a REAL Journey Fan if you have three Journey CD's in your car, and none of them have "Don't Stop Believin' " on them!

This could be very funny. Can anybody come up with more?

(For the record, I have Arrival, Eclipse, and Live on the Summit in my car. I am a real Journey Fan!)
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Re: You might be a REAL Journey Fan if.....

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:40 pm

You might be a REAL Journey fan if.....

...you know they had two (great) replacement singers before Pineda.
...you know the lyrics to Higher Place.
...you know that Perry is retired by choice and not fired by the band.

It goes on and on.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby cinkidd » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:05 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:You might be a REAL Journey fan if.....

It goes on and on.

Perry was techinically a "replacement singer." So there were three replacement singers before Pineda. Of course if you to count Robert Fleischman as a "replacement singer" since he was supposed to take over for Greg Rollie on vocals. Starts getting complicated when looking at Journey's singer situation.

Rich the Techinically Guy
Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
cinkidd
45 RPM

Postby tj » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:23 am

You know who George Tickner is.
You owned the Dream After Dream album when it came out.
tj
Cassette Tape

Postby Memorex » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:20 am

tj wrote:You know who George Tickner is.
You owned the Dream After Dream album when it came out.

My first actual paycheck, from McDonalds, was $37. It took nearly all of it to order Dream After Dream as an import.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby ebake02 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:51 am

You know what “Tapegate” is.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby scarab » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:08 am

bought dream after dream from "Musicland" in Roseville MN in 84ish, only 13 at the time for 20 bucks which was a small fortune back then for me. At first I was SO disappointed, but grew to like most of it. Still wondered how much it would have been worth as it was numbered low 100 ish (like out out 4000 or so) and me as a stupid kid stuffed it in a backpack to bring to friend cause I did not even own a record player.
Secondly a year or so later at 15 I biked 40 some miles and back to buy ROR on its opening week, and even once again wanting to hear the Frontiers sound, was initially disappointed.
But take a few Fan points off cause I have never owned In The Beginning :lol:
Now that is a true Journey Fan!
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:32 pm

JourneyHard wrote:You might be a REAL Journey Fan if you have three Journey CD's in your car, and none of them have "Don't Stop Believin' " on them!

This could be very funny. Can anybody come up with more?

(For the record, I have Arrival, Eclipse, and Live on the Summit in my car. I am a real Journey Fan!)

...if you knew Styx would release a new album before the current fractured Journey would.
Monker
MP3

Postby tater1977 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:36 pm

You might be a REAL Journey fan if.....

You went to a Journey concert in 1978 and
didn't know or care Van Halen was one of the
two opening acts.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby ebake02 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:57 pm

JourneyHard wrote:You might be a REAL Journey Fan if you have three Journey CD's in your car, and none of them have "Don't Stop Believin' " on them!

Definitely me too. (Arrival, Trial By Fire and Captured)
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby jrnyfan@nc.rr.com » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:19 am

...you have a ridiculous amount of show recordings, many of which sound like crap, but you still value and love each one and never grow tired of hearing the same songs performed over and over and over and over...

http://bit.ly/2hsDSBj
jrnyfan@nc.rr.com
Ol' 78

Postby steveo777 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:13 am

...You heard Winds of March for the first time, sung by Robert Fleischman.
steveo777
MP3

Postby scarab » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:12 pm

steveo777 wrote:...You heard Winds of March for the first time, sung by Robert Fleischman.

both versions are great but always wondered how Perry got a songwriting credit?
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:42 am

You know the lineage between Journey and the Beatles, and Journey and Elvis.

Yes, it does exist.
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:03 am

You might be a REAL Journey Fan if.....you're on a Journey forum in M.R. discussing what a real Journey fan is
and wondering what Deano's expression would be.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby JourneyHard » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:12 am

You might be a REAL Journey Fan if you sigh when people say Steve Perry was the original lead signer of Journey because you know Perry was the Fourth Lead Singer!

(Gregg was first, Neal was technically the second, and Fleischman was third. Thus, Perry was fourth.)
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:05 pm

tater1977 wrote:You might be a REAL Journey Fan if.....you're on a Journey forum in M.R. discussing what a real Journey fan is
and wondering what Deano's expression would be.

How about if you were posting about Journey on the Internet before Al Gore invented it?
Monker
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:25 pm

cinkidd wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:You might be a REAL Journey fan if.....

It goes on and on.

Perry was techinically a "replacement singer." So there were three replacement singers before Pineda. Of course if you to count Robert Fleischman as a "replacement singer" since he was supposed to take over for Greg Rollie on vocals. Starts getting complicated when looking at Journey's singer situation.

Rich the Techinically Guy

Thanks for the history lesson, Rich. I am quite aware of that, dude. In the public consciousness, casual fans seem most aware of Perry and Pineda. That was my point.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:29 pm

ebake02 wrote:You know what “Tapegate” is.

That's a good one.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby AJ » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:22 am

If you knew before Rockin' Deano there was Meanie! They may have been twins, who knows? :-)
AJ
Ol' 78

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:02 am

AJ wrote:If you knew before Rockin' Deano there was Meanie! They may have been twins, who knows? :-)

I remember Journey Troll. Never heard of Meanie.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby AJ » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:26 am

[quote="The_Noble_Cause"][quote="AJ"]If you knew before Rockin' Deano there was Meanie! They may have been twins, who knows? :-)[/quote]

I remember Journey Troll. Never heard of Meanie.[/quote]

Original Journey Forum on the Journey website around '98-99. His real name was Mike if I remember correctly.
AJ
Ol' 78

Postby Monker » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:29 pm

AJ wrote:If you knew before Rockin' Deano there was Meanie! They may have been twins, who knows? :-)

Also, he was Mr. Mean on the mailing list before he was Meanie.

They are not twins, or the same person. Meanie's real name is Jim Rudd. He started out on the mailing list, then drove people on the VH1 Journey forum crazy, then Skylorde's forum...and a very short time on BackTalk. He basically dropped off the scene because he got bored of it...and I am sure BT was WAY to restrictive for his style...he would have thrived here, tho.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:35 pm

AJ wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:

I remember Journey Troll. Never heard of Meanie.

Original Journey Forum on the Journey website around '98-99. His real name was Mike if I remember correctly.

No, Mike is Froy.

Jim Rudd is Meanie. He was on the mailing list when I owned it...he is one of the reasons why I decided I would never run a forum or mailing list again :) Well, I did try a couple other things, but I never got into it like the mailing list. He was around much earlier than Sky's forum, the mailing list started around 1993.

JourneyTroll is Joe Reardon, I think....he's used many nicks...Andrew would know :)
Monker
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:19 pm

Monker wrote:

Also, he was Mr. Mean on the mailing list before he was Meanie.

They are not twins, or the same person. Meanie's real name is Jim Rudd. He started out on the mailing list, then drove people on the VH1 Journey forum crazy, then Skylorde's forum...and a very short time on BackTalk. He basically dropped off the scene because he got bored of it...and I am sure BT was WAY to restrictive for his style...he would have thrived here, tho.

The VH1 forum - now that is a blast from the past. I remember that. So much Augeri hate on there.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby JourneyHard » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:32 am

You might be a REAL Journey Fan if when they play a new song in concert, you don't hightail it to the restroom!
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Postby perryfan61 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:37 am

JourneyHard wrote:You might be a REAL Journey Fan if when they play a new song in concert, you don't hightail it to the restroom!

Good one!
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby AJ » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:07 am

[quote="Monker"][quote="AJ"][quote="The_Noble_Cause"][quote="AJ"]If you knew before Rockin' Deano there was Meanie! They may have been twins, who knows? :-)[/quote]

I remember Journey Troll. Never heard of Meanie.[/quote]

Original Journey Forum on the Journey website around '98-99. His real name was Mike if I remember correctly.[/quote]

No, Mike is Froy.

Jim Rudd is Meanie. He was on the mailing list when I owned it...he is one of the reasons why I decided I would never run a forum or mailing list again :) Well, I did try a couple other things, but I never got into it like the mailing list. He was around much earlier than Sky's forum, the mailing list started around 1993.

JourneyTroll is Joe Reardon, I think....he's used many nicks...Andrew would know :)[/quote]

Monker, you would know better than me since you ran a forum, but I could have swore that Meanie was Mike Dimino.

Sounds like he and I are similar. I was on BackTalk quite a bit for a while but it just got old fighting with the loons. I started coming here when the Tapegate thing started and have kinda lurked ever since. Seems like some of the same ol' same ol' for the most part.
AJ
Ol' 78

Postby AJ » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:08 am

Is there a reason that when I hit the "Quote" button mine looks different than everyone else's?
AJ
Ol' 78

Postby scarab » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:25 am

I remember back then when all Meanie would do is bash Steve Perry.
But he seemed to have inside information, well maybe, cause he said the song Against the Wall, weeks before the album was released, was a good song that all of the "loonies" would gush over, but the rest of GH+5 sucked.
I seemed to remember a "Barbie"? who would reply back and forth with Meanie and I always thought for sure it was the same person cause all they did was trash Perry and agree with each other.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Next

Return to Journey