DC Extended Universe THREAD

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby RedWingFan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:32 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Image

Lol. This is a good 2nd prize. Let me try, yeah the Patriots won the Super Bowl, but my Raiders had a better pre-season record. I hope it felt as empty for you! Lol
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:55 am

RedWingFan wrote:Lol. This is a good 2nd prize. Let me try, yeah the Patriots won the Super Bowl, but my Raiders had a better pre-season record. I hope it felt as empty for you! Lol

Disney-Marvel's grossed more, but we're counting up from 2008. Counting up from 2013, DCEU's movies have averaged 720 million.

Disney is flooding Marvel's publishing output with Star Wars titles ad nauseum, while DC continues to enjoy accolades for everything launched with Rebirth. I don't have a single Marvel title in my pull list. The funniest part is the last Marvel comic I did buy WAS a Star Wars book...for my nephew! :lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:52 am

verslibre wrote:
RedWingFan wrote:Lol. This is a good 2nd prize. Let me try, yeah the Patriots won the Super Bowl, but my Raiders had a better pre-season record. I hope it felt as empty for you! Lol

Disney-Marvel's grossed more, but we're counting up from 2008. Counting up from 2013, DCEU's movies have averaged 720 million.

Disney is flooding Marvel's publishing output with Star Wars titles ad nauseum, while DC continues to enjoy accolades for everything launched with Rebirth. I don't have a single Marvel title in my pull list. The funniest part is the last Marvel comic I did buy WAS a Star Wars book...for my nephew! :lol:

You're how old? Could you please post a pic of yourself reading your latest comic? Or do you prefer the term "graphic novel"? Lol. I haven't bought a comic since McFarlane left Amazing. Thought about subscribing for my 10 year old boy though.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:45 am

The Raiders haven't been relevant for 15 years and haven't won anything since your profile pic. You're how old? :lol: In all of the DCEU's shortcomings, their movies still outgrossed the majority of Marvel's 90% RT crowd. If the MCU starts experiencing problems that WB inevitably fell into, the MCU fanbase wouldn't be able to handle criticism. DC fans are battle tested and the characters won't stay down for long, especially since they beat Marvel to the most important punch..Wonder Woman.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:48 am

RedWingFan wrote:
verslibre wrote:

You're how old? Could you please post a pic of yourself reading your latest comic? Or do you prefer the term "graphic novel"? Lol. I haven't bought a comic since McFarlane left Amazing. Thought about subscribing for my 10 year old boy though.

40s. I still read, and always will. I'll never stop going to movies, either. Nothing beats a screen that big. I'm a horror freak, too. Sorry, I don't follow old world BS like "you have to stop reading comics at a certain age." That's right up there with everyone who says they stop buying music and "really enjoy whatever's on the radio." :lol:

Are you taking your kid to The Last Jedi? Maybe you should let him go with his friends while you sit at home in your favorite chair, covered in a blankie and listening to Prairie Home Companion. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by verslibre on Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:50 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:You're how old?

He's how old and still listens to Escape? :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:09 am

RWF's 10 year old son must be proud how his dad fights the good fight arguing over comic book movies about the same characters he reads on internet forums that consist of 5 people :lol:
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:16 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:RWF's 10 year old son must be proud how his dad fights the good fight arguing over comic book movies about the same characters he reads on internet forums that consist of 5 people :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby S2M » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:48 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:RWF's 10 year old son must be proud how his dad fights the good fight arguing over comic book movies about the same characters he reads on internet forums that consist of 5 people :lol:

Remember when this forum was relevant, and everyone got along?

Pepperidge Farms remembers :lol: :lol:
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
S2M
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:13 am

I have to hand it to you S2M. Most of the time? I have no damn clue what you're talking about :lol:
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:31 am

Completed my DCEU soundtracks by picking up the 2CD MoS tin for (not quite) $9 shipped! Freakin' bargain.

Needless to say, I won't be buying Elfman's JL "score" (has to qo in quotes, lol).
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:32 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:The Raiders haven't been relevant for 15 years and haven't won anything since your profile pic. You're how old? :lol: In all of the DCEU's shortcomings, their movies still outgrossed the majority of Marvel's 90% RT crowd.

BvS and Superfriends should have been billion dollar movies. Everybody knows it. They were both HUGE missed opportinities.

I remember posting a couple months ago that JL had better watch out for Thor, because it looked really good and could be competition. You all laughed it off back then. Now you all are on here making excuses for JL's faults...it's Joss' fault, it's WB's fault, etc. Did you ever think it may be YOUR fault for spending money and supporting this CRAP?

If the MCU starts experiencing problems that WB inevitably fell into, the MCU fanbase wouldn't be able to handle criticism.

BULLSHIT. I think there is some valid critique for Thor...but like always, you guys are over the top, making a good movie out to be horrid. Just as there are some valid critiques for Thor 2, and I still haven't seen Antman because I think that entire concept is STUPID.

The problems at WB/DC were not "inevitible". They made BAD decisions on writers and directors and OK decisions and directions in the franchise that were simply bad story telling. It is NOT inevitable that BvS and JL, and to a point SS, were bad films. They rushed their ideas to try to compete with Marvel, instead of concentrating on telling the best stories they could.

DC fans are battle tested and the characters won't stay down for long, especially since they beat Marvel to the most important punch..Wonder Woman.

WW was a good movie, sure. But, you sound like some kinda Fembot by making into that big of a deal. The success of WW did not move into JL...and THAT is what would have mattered. Captain Marvel will play directly into the Infinity War movies and set up the next long saga of films. It doesn't matter that it is a female hero...It matters that it contributes to the story in a significant way. The story is what matters...until DC and their fans realize this, DC will keep
plodding along like Universal, while Marvel tells great stories and has billion dollar films ever couple years...BECAUSE THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING.
Monker
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:42 pm

Marvel is a brand and they built their brand. The mouse is the real deal where brainwashed audiences are at a level unforseen before. They're so good that the audience doesn't realize they're watching the same comedic film over and over. Doesn't take away the notion that out of 20 MCU films, 95% are forgettable. So much so, that MCU fans do nothing but talk DC.

For all the villainy problems DC currently faces with WB at the moment, the awfully put together JL mixed in with all their issues will still make more than the majority of MCU films. All WB got to do is lower their budgets and trust their directors ala Nolan and Jenkins. DC Films aren't going anywhere. You'll see Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman over and over again in the next decade's at a time before you see Vision, Hawkeye or Ant-Man round 5.

As far as supporting these films, meh, I feel better supporting the things I like with my hard earned cash than break the law and watch movies illegally. At the end of the day, these are movies. Justice League will be a first day buy on Blu Ray...just like it'll be for thousands of others when it tops the list of home releases when it releases. Keep being mad :lol: Keep being mad when you'll be in here talking Wans Aquaman, Shazam, WW2 and Reeve's Batman when the crickets in the MCU thread will be deafening for Captain Marvel or Avengers 7: Comedic Wars. :lol:
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:05 am

Monker wrote:WW was a good movie, sure. But, you sound like some kinda Fembot by making into that big of a deal.

Riiiiiiight. Tell that to TIME MAGAZINE:

Wonder Woman Director Makes TIME’s Shortlist for Person of the Year

Wonder Woman released in June 2017 and, against all odds, became the highest-grossing superhero origin movie ever released, both domestically and internationally. The DC film also scored Jenkins the top-honor for becoming the first woman director to make a movie that grossed over $100 million during its opening weekend – and that was for a female-led superhero no less. Wonder Woman ended its theatrical run with an astounding $821.7 million global box office gross, thus making it the highest-grossing DCEU movie domestically and (currently) the second highest-grossing film of the year, also domestically, behind Bill Condon’s Beauty and the Beast. What’s more, Wonder Woman recently became Rotten Tomatoes’ highest-rated superhero movie of all time.

https://screenrant.com/wonder-woman-pat ... shortlist/

And as v said above..a 4X multiplier? Unheard of. Id-eot :lol:
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:17 am

verslibre wrote:Completed my DCEU soundtracks by picking up the 2CD MoS tin for (not quite) $9 shipped! Freakin' bargain.

Needless to say, I won't be buying Elfman's JL "score" (has to qo in quotes, lol).

Nice! Great buy!

And JL had a score? :lol:
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:15 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:And JL had a score? :lol:

It was the equivalent of a guy wiping his ass and smearing it across the counter and calling it art. :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Abitaman » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:30 am

Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:08 am

I stopped reading stuff like that. I'm just jacked the fuck off over it. I don't care what anybody says. Snyders vision was fucking epic. If they would have just allowed Zack to finish his saga the right way and the way it was meant to play out then I would have guranteed we would be sitting in a different situation right now. The new DC Films Banner was going to be set anyway. Instead, we wind up with a generic attempt at the god awful Marvel bullshit humor and it doesn't belong. It's amazing to me how all the things people like from JL...is Zack's stuff. Go figure.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:41 am

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:18 am

They just cast one of the It kids, Jack Dylan Grazer, as Billy Batson's friend. I bet Shazam! starts filming in a few months.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Abitaman » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:35 pm

YoungJRNYfan wrote: I don't care what anybody says. Snyders vision was f**king epic.

I have to agree. He was doing something different. Marvel has some good movies, but most are generic. Like watching a slightly different movie witch replaceable characters. DC was different.
Same JL again, still an ok movie. Just pisses me off that it could have been epic instead of generic.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:12 am

Genepic! :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:22 am

First of all Wonder Woman...

None of what you guys said even addresses my point. It could be the #1 movie all all time, out-selling even Star Wars. It doesn't matter since they do not use that momentum for building the DC stories. She's just there, the same as in BvS. Wonder Woman is not the center of the DC universe, as you seemed to claim, "DC fans are battle tested and the characters won't stay down for long, especially since they beat Marvel to the most important punch..Wonder Woman." She's just part of the JL team, nothing more...that is how the MOVIE portrayed her. IMO, we are going to find Captain Marvel being MUCH more than that. Like one article I read said, "It shows that one of comics’ most important characters will not only have a chance to shine, but she’ll be set up to lead the way for an entire generation of Marvel superheroes at the movies" You can not say that about WW.

As far as JL making more than most Marvel movies. So what? This was THEIR AVENGERS. This SHOULD have been $1.5 billion movie (so should have BvS). It says much when you are comparing JL to things like Ant-man, etc. It should be compared to Avengers 1-2, or Civil War. Instead, JL is a cheap second tier film that WAY under performed. It deserves the Super Friends title, not JL.

Snyder's vision is eclictic and dark...that's fine if all you care about is making cult classics. WB sees Marvel doing mainstream movies and reaping HUGE profits out of it. Movie studios are in the business to make money. Wonder Woman went straight to the classic Hero's Journey template of story telling, and they sold...as I have said EVERY successful movie follows that pattern. Deviate from it - as BvS did, and you do not connect to audiences. Period. JL seems like some kinda mutated hybrid of Snyder's eclictic vision and traditional story telling...it still deviates...so it it second tier, mediocre, crap.

DC needs to regroup. Make a bunch of solo films...and somehow find success. Them, maybe, revisit JL after they know what they are doing.

As for why the Marvel thread is "dead". Well, DC is full of controversy, doubt, and debate if whatever movie is even "good". While Marvel has no real controversy...ALL of their films this year were successful (GotG2, Spiderman:HomeComing, Thor:Ragnarok). In fact, they are probably all among the top 10 movies of the year. So, DC fans whiney critique is really baseless troll bait that really doesn't need a reply.
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:34 am

Time to get excited, Monk! Here comes the next solo film: AQUAMAN.

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:39 am

“It’s going to look very different, it will feel very different — aesthetically, tonally, story-wiseit’s my own take,” Wan tells EW. “It’s a much more a traditional action-adventure quest movie.”
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:41 am

Monker wrote:So, DC fans whiney critique is really baseless troll bait that really doesn't need a reply.

A critique is not, by default, troll bait.

Appearing out of nowhere to post "[New DC movie] is taking a shit at the box office" is.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:55 am

Monker wrote:So, DC fans whiney critique is really baseless troll bait that really doesn't need a reply.

**Proceed's to write a 200 word essay** :lol:
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby Abitaman » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:44 pm

Monk you are right about JL should have been the Avengers for them with money made. I did not expect 1.5 billion, but at least a billion.
DC really WB needs to regroup and get their crap straightened out. Superman moves should be hope, Batman dark, Wonder Woman inspiring, Flash quirky. Do not white wash everything like they did JL.
Zach had a vision, I liked it. Wish his would have finished out the trilogy, but WB got greedy and screwed the pooch. I want each solo film to have it's own personality, something Marvel Is.missing. marvel movies have been ok to great, but most are the same type of story that you could slip any hero or villain into. Zach's movies had personality, you may not have liked where it was going, but at least they were different.
I am really down on WB right now, Zach's JL may not have been 1.5 billion, but it would look better than this throw together movie. It may have divided more people that the current movie, but Zach's story would have made more sense and not been the generic story we got.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Postby Abitaman » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:48 am

Looks like Ben is out of new Batman movie, WB is rebooting series. Looking for someone to take over DC division. Just keep Joss away.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/40905 ... n#/slide/1
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:59 am

Abitaman wrote:Looks like Ben is out of new Batman movie, WB is rebooting series. Looking for someone to take over DC division. Just keep Joss away.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/40905 ... n#/slide/1

I know alot of sites are running with this as a big headline, but there is no real Batman news here. Previous reports had already claimed that Reeves wants Affleck out and Affleck pretty much wants out also. At this point, DC will cut their losses regarding the connected universe. Wonder Woman 2 is a sure thing. Man of Steel 2 ain't happening. Neither is Cyborg.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara