DC Extended Universe THREAD

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby Abitaman » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:45 am

MOS2 would be a loss. Been out as the bat would be a loss too, cybrog, I could care less for. Just keep Josh away.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby RedWingFan » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:28 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Abitaman wrote:Looks like Ben is out of new Batman movie, WB is rebooting series. Looking for someone to take over DC division. Just keep Joss away.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/40905 ... n#/slide/1

I know alot of sites are running with this as a big headline, but there is no real Batman news here. Previous reports had already claimed that Reeves wants Affleck out and Affleck pretty much wants out also. At this point, DC will cut their losses regarding the connected universe. Wonder Woman 2 is a sure thing. Man of Steel 2 ain't happening. Neither is Cyborg.

Isn't Aquaman pretty much done? Can't see them flushing money down the toilet with Shazam either.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:59 pm

Aquaman is done filming, yes. It's in postproduction.

Shazam is happening. They had a new cast announcement recently, but since you avoided this thread for a week, you missed my post. :wink:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:00 pm

Henry Cavill has admitted to working hard on the sequel to MAN OF STEEL. Amy Adams has also confirmed that a script is in early development.

It might be awhile until we hear any more concrete information but the
point is... MAN OF STEEL II is happening. #Superman

Henry and Gal are leading the charge right now at ACE Comic Con in New York, along with Fisher and Miller. The pictures that are coming out of this thing are priceless. I'm uber jealous:

YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:19 pm

Abitaman wrote:Looks like Ben is out of new Batman movie, WB is rebooting series. Looking for someone to take over DC division. Just keep Joss away.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/40905 ... n#/slide/1

The writing on the wall for Affleck has been long discussed. Ben was a badass Batman and maybe in a different point in his life, things would have worked out the way things were intended. Ben Affleck went through a turbulent personal downfall over the years where things took a nosedive with his alcohol addiction, rehab and divorce. Even before JL, Flash's movie was going to deal with the DC timeline as a whole where this story is rumored to usher out Ben's Batman with a "graceful" exit.

Nightwing is being worked on and is in the cards for DC Films so to have Bruce pass the cowl over to Dick Grayson in some DC Universal timeline or another could pay off dividends. No matter how they do it, they aren't rebooting. The softboot was officially underway with JL.

Even Patty Jenkins' Wonder Woman retconned some things Batman v Superman did with the Diana character as far what her wherabouts entailed so even by the time Wonder Woman hit theaters, changes were being made. James Wan's latest interview seems to echo that statement as his Aquaman movie with Momoa is completely different than what we saw in JL as his movie is his take, his tone and his direction. They did it with Wonder Woman, they are doing it with Aquaman and the same will probably be said with Henry's Superman going forward. Like Jenkins and Wan, all Henry needs is a director with a fresh vision (like Matthew Vaughn or J.A Bayona) that focus's on keen aspects of the character fans have loudly voiced since 2013. A softboot can do wonders across the board if they get the right people involved in the new structure.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:25 pm

ACE Comic Con in New York with Henry and Gal attending:

YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:31 pm

verslibre wrote:Aquaman is done filming, yes. It's in postproduction.

Shazam is happening. They had a new cast announcement recently, but since you avoided this thread for a week, you missed my post. :wink:

Yep! Like many predicted, they cast an IT child actor to portray one of Billy's best friends. A major Shazam! casting announcement is said to be days or weeks away. Wonder Woman's production was flawless. Wan's Aquaman finished filming without any interruptions and Shazam is underway. The problem with DC's division was the Snyder movies. The DC Films Banner should clean things up as much as possible and move on with a fresh slate and keep on trucking.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby S2M » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:34 pm

CBM are oversaturated. If you like them, you like them...I predict a shelf life of another 5 years for these kind of movies.

The thing that hurts the MOVIES are the different iterations, universes...etc. Is the Daredevil black or white? Is Aquaman a jacked-up tatted samoan/hawai'ian, or a average built blond?

Cool effects, cool costumes, cool powers.....LAME plots.
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
S2M
MP3

Postby verslibre » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:00 pm

But it's totally okay to keep making movies about mobsters and "British stuff" like King Arthur and Robin Hood. Right.

"Five years," huh? Prepare to be surprised. :)
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Abitaman » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:08 pm

While the DC problem may have been Zach's movies, I like them alot,. They were not the run of the mill story. I still think his JL would be Mike ahead of what we got. Then Flashpoint should have been a soft reboot.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:51 am

RedWingFan wrote:Isn't Aquaman pretty much done? Can't see them flushing money down the toilet with Shazam either.

I didn't mention Aquaman because it is done. I mean the future of the DC cinematic universe going forward.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:52 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:ACE Comic Con in New York with Henry and Gal attending:

Not happening.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:54 am

Abitaman wrote:While the DC problem may have been Zach's movies, I like them alot,. They were not the run of the mill story. I still think his JL would be Mike ahead of what we got. Then Flashpoint should have been a soft reboot.

Agreed. Snyder at least had a unique vision. The worst part of BvsS was Eisenberg/Lex Luthor and the edits tbh.The "Justice League" we ultimately got tried to please everyone and is really quite foregettable.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:31 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:I didn't mention Aquaman because it is done. I mean the future of the DC cinematic universe going forward.

WB's new model is going to be surrounded by focusing on solo films and putting TLC into fresh visions (they seem to be in a situation to rectify things ala the Fox X-Men films and timelines.) The only ones who care about the connected stuff are hardcore fans. Audience's have shown to care less about shared universe's as long as the story and movies are good. That's what it comes down to and I think WB is beginning to understand that. Jenkins already retconned aspects of Diana's role in BvS. Wan just did an interview saying the same thing about his film being his take and his take only. Loose continuity will exist in the DCEU but most of the films will be solo and exist on their own merit until they take a crack at another JL movie years down the road if things work out.

Not happening.

I'll be a man of my word, TNC. Givin' their direction and what Jenkins and Wan has said, the rumblings surrounding another Superman film are following that approach. We haven't got any PR about another Superman film, but the things that have slipped are indications of following the Wonder Woman/Aquaman blueprint. Matthew Vaughn admitted to talking to WB about his Superman vision. J.A Bayona (Jurrassic World: Fallen Kingdom) took to Reddit and has mentioned his interest in directing the next Superman movie. Conversations have takin' place. With Ben out, Gal and Henry will be pillars when things move forward. They are needed. The softboot already happened and regardless of all the CGI bullshit with Henry's mustache, fans are responding to his Superman role reminscent to how Gal was recieved in BvS and we all know how that worked out.

Agreed. Snyder at least had a unique vision. The worst part of BvsS was Eisenberg/Lex Luthor and the edits tbh

Ahhh, good to see people coming around :lol: How appropriate. WB started their bullshit with BvS and how they chopped that shit up. The BvS:UC was WIDELY accepted, almost like a complete 180 from the TC as far as what people thought of the overall vision. BvS was just a taste of what the suits ended up doing with JL. LAWD!

The "Justice League" we ultimately got tried to please everyone and is really quite foregettable.

YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:13 am

Ciaran Hinds (Steppenwolf) is unhappy with the theatrical cut of Justice League and hopes WB releases Zack's cut.

More wood on the fire. :)
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:52 am

YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:50 am

Henry Cavill once again addressing a Superman movie: "We're working on it."
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby Abitaman » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:54 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:
Henry Cavill once again addressing a Superman movie: "We're working on it."

Henry makes a really good Superman. All vidoes Have seen of him YouTube,bseems to show him as a fun living upbeat person. He would do good showing Superman in that way. Zach's vision was never allowed to get there.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Postby S2M » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:09 am

Cavill's not a bad Superman at all...AT ALL. Before he was cast though...I was in favor of David Giuntoli(Grimm) landing the role.
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
S2M
MP3

Postby RedWingFan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:26 am

We all missed a milestone yesterday. JL surpassed Avengers domestic opening weekend total......on day #23. Just let that sink in for a minute.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:03 am

What's the saying? "Obvious troll is obvious." :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Abitaman » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:26 pm

RedWingFan wrote:We all missed a milestone yesterday. JL surpassed Avengers domestic opening weekend total......on day #23. Just let that sink in for a minute.

Dang....truth hurts....
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:30 pm

The recipe for Nightwing, according to director Chris McKay, is "badass action" with "minimal CGI."

Sign me up!

https://batman-news.com/2017/12/10/nightwing-director-teases-casting-announcements-shooting-location/
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:07 pm

This isn't 2012 anymore. Giving the circumstances surrounding JL and DC as a whole, making niche films, especially those of iconic superheros, isn't an automatic slam dunk. In fact, they are meant to be divisive in many ways. Let WB take this as a lesson served on a cold; hard platter. They were the majority of the reason why we ended up here. No matter, it's tough to start from scratch. DC had to do it many times. Marvel will experience hard ships sooner or later. It's not easy to uphill climb a shared universe.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby Abitaman » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:41 pm

YoungJRNYfan wrote:This isn't 2012 anymore. Giving the circumstances surrounding JL and DC as a whole, making niche films, especially those of iconic superheros, isn't an automatic slam dunk. In fact, they are meant to be divisive in many ways. Let WB take this as a lesson served on a cold; hard platter. They were the majority of the reason why we ended up here. No matter, it's tough to start from scratch. DC had to do it many times. Marvel will experience hard ships sooner or later. It's not easy to uphill climb a shared universe.

Agreed. DC needs to learn to trust the directors they put in charge.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:16 am

Updated DC Movie Slate Revealed; Some Major Projects Absent

A Wonder Woman sequel was the first to be presented with a title card, though it opted to not title itself “Wonder Woman 2,” leading us to believe the film will ultimately be titled something else. A title card for Aquaman soon followed, which makes sense as it’s Warner Bros.’ next DC release.

Other title cards displayed at the convention included Flashpoint, Suicide Squad 2, Shazam, Batgirl, Green Lantern Corps, The Batman, and somewhat surprisingly, Justice League Dark.

https://www.cbr.com/dceu-updated-movie-slate/?utm_source=CBR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-FB-P&view=list
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:44 am

No matter, it's tough to start from scratch. DC had to do it many times. Marvel will experience hard ships sooner or later.

I was reading how Disney is looking into buying back properties from FOX...including Fantastic 4 and X-Men. If that happens, "hard times" will be a lot later rather than sooner.

It's not easy to uphill climb a shared universe.

Which is why it should have never been rushed...catching up to Marvel in three movies was a bad plan from the start.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:54 am

Agreed. Snyder at least had a unique vision. The worst part of BvsS was Eisenberg/Lex Luthor and the edits tbh

Ah, no. On YouTube, look up Nostalgia Critic's review of BvS. Watch all of it. At the very least, it's entertaining. The worst part of BvS was Snyder's lame decisions and writing, there are so many...and Eisenberg comes a close second.
Monker
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:04 am

Monker wrote:Ah, no. On YouTube, look up Nostalgia Critic's review of BvS. Watch all of it. At the very least, it's entertaining. The worst part of BvS was Snyder's lame decisions and writing, there are so many...and Eisenberg comes a close second.

Sorry you can't handle other people's opinions. Having watched the extended director's cut, I believe the theatrical edits really harmed BvsS. The director's cut was much much more balanced. As for Snyder..... first and foremost he's a visualist. Not a writer. Restore the edits and recast Lex Luthor, and you have a fairly decent movie.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby verslibre » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:17 am

Monker wrote:The worst part of BvS was Snyder's lame decisions and writing

"Writing Credits: Chris Terrio (written by) and David S. Goyer (written by)"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2975590/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_wr#writers
verslibre
Compact Disc

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara