It gets tiring...

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

It gets tiring...

Postby Toph » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:26 am

To continually realize how full of shit Tommy and JY are. These guy lie more than Trump. I'm so sick of hearing how "horrible it was to be in Styx" under Dennis. Yet another example of why that is a completely bogus statement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qweb6n7 ... e=youtu.be
Toph
Stereo LP

Re: It gets tiring...

Postby yogi » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:14 am

You gotta give it a rest and MOVE on.
Love Tommy & JY, love DDY love em all

Love Trump too!!!

ATT giving over 200,000 employees $1,000 bonuses
Boeing giving huge bonuses.
The list will go on & on because finally a man with some smarts & balls has taken charge.
Rock on Donald!
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:25 pm

yogi wrote:You gotta give it a rest and MOVE on.

Love Trump too!!!

The list will go on & on because finally a man with some smarts & balls has taken charge.
Rock on Donald!

I agree wth everything you said.
STYX new album coming in 2024
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby Toph » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:58 am

Love Trump too!!!

Rock on Donald!

Nope, they are two fucking liars. And I mean fucking liars. Trump is too. Says a lot about you that you like him. That's a shame.
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby yogi » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:48 pm

No I love him.

It actually speaks volumes about you.

You can’t accept DDY is no longer in Styx the same way you can’t accept Hillary got buried.

I’d tell you to move on like us normal folks do but I’m sure you’ve got a protest to organize or something to burn.

Don’t get too close to the flame.

Snowflakes melt.
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:23 am

Toph wrote:

Love Trump too!!!

Rock on Donald!

Nope, they are two fucking liars. And I mean fucking liars. Trump is too. Says a lot about you that you like him. That's a shame.

Can I have the extra $ you will be getting in your paycheck starting in February?
STYX new album coming in 2024
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby Toph » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:45 am

yogi wrote:No I love him.

You can’t accept DDY is no longer in Styx the same way you can’t accept Hillary got buried.

I’d tell you to move on like us normal folks do but I’m sure you’ve got a protest to organize or something to burn.

Snowflakes melt.

So you are putting your eggs in the basket of a narcissistic, habitually lying, sexual harasser? Who supported a child molester in Roy Moore?

That's why this country is going to hell in a hand basket.

But I'm looking forward to seeing his ass impeached.
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby RPM » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:03 am

Toph wrote:

Snowflakes melt.

So you are putting your eggs in the basket of a narcissistic, habitually lying, sexual harasser? Who supported a child molester in Roy Moore?

I think you need your safe space. Dow record highs, border crossing plummet, tax overhaul, Oblama
Mandate repeal, ISIS shattered, I could go on...and he’s just getting started. As he would say, Merry Christmas
"Remember Suzanne, those summer nights, those summer nights with me"
RPM
Cassette Tape

Postby S2M » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:56 am

RPM wrote:
Toph wrote:

Snowflakes melt.

I think you need your safe space. Dow record highs, border crossing plummet, tax overhaul, Oblama
Mandate repeal, ISIS shattered, I could go on...and he’s just getting started. As he would say, Merry Christmas

Republicans run both the house and senate....not a surprise shit is getting passed. Obysmal only had democratic rule for first 2 years, no wonder he governed by executive order.
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
S2M
MP3

Postby yogi » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:48 am

[quote="Toph"][quote="yogi"]No I love him.

Snowflakes melt.[/quote]

But I'm looking forward to seeing his ass impeached.[/quote]

Since it’s Christmas I’m gonna take the Night Ranger ( High Road) and not point out what a total fu..... idiot you are. That would not be right. After all , you make that 100% evident with every self centered moronic post you make. Instead I’m gonna wish everybody including You a very Merry Christmas, and a safe healthy happy 2018. I hope it’s the best year yet for all of you.
yogi
Stereo LP

Postby Toph » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:25 am

yogi wrote:
Toph wrote:

Snowflakes melt.

Since it’s Christmas I’m gonna take the Night Ranger ( High Road) and not point out what a total fu..... idiot you are. That would not be right. After all , you make that 100% evident with every self centered moronic post you make. Instead I’m gonna wish everybody including You a very Merry Christmas, and a safe healthy happy 2018. I hope it’s the best year yet for all of you.

Nice backhanded comment. Going to a Roy Moore rally for Christmas like all the other in-bred Trumpsters?
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby masque » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:52 am

toph, i dont know how old you are or whether you have ever been married/divorced or not. if you have this will make total sense.....if not, then it won't.

I was married to a woman one time that many folks thought we made an "excellent couple". and lots of times we did......there were good times and then bad times like everyone has......then the bad started outweighing the good.

eventually, it got to the point, that we were both miserable and we got divorced. at that point, we literally couldnt stand each other. and time actually has not healed that wound for me......I sit back now, years later and I feel relieved I am away from her, I feel anger that I allowed myself to stay as long as I did......I consider it a waste of my time now.

YET, many people were shocked and surprised by our divorce......they saw us out and "thought we looked happy"......others said, "they have good jobs making decent money and a nice house, why divorce" and yet there were plenty of reasons.

just because we see a behind the scenes promotional video of styx playing nice together doesnt mean there was not resentment or animosity towards each other then, before then, and even now. Hell, you could find video of the last vacation me and my x wife went on a few months before we divorced and you would have thought I was gonna shit rainbows I looked so happy....yet, I was not.

you can't truly be so simple minded to think that this video you posted was hardcore evidence of how happy they all were together and that Tommy and JY saying they were unhappy was a lie because of this video?
masque
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:37 pm

masque wrote:you can't truly be so simple minded to think that this video you posted was hardcore evidence of how happy they all were together and that Tommy and JY saying they were unhappy was a lie because of this video?

Dennis recently discussed on his FB page this very video\photo shoot and the band. It's worth reading what he has to say. After all he was there.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby gr8dane » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:52 am

Boomchild wrote:
masque wrote:you can't truly be so simple minded to think that this video you posted was hardcore evidence of how happy they all were together and that Tommy and JY saying they were unhappy was a lie because of this video?

Dennis recently discussed on his FB page this very video\photo shoot and the band. It's worth reading what he has to say. After all he was there.

I'll pass on the Dennis FB page and what he has to say.
He was there,that's for sure.The way he makes sure he is in the centre of the video all the time.Nauseating.What a wanker. :lol:
Jesus loves you ,but everybody else thinks you're a knob.
gr8dane
Stereo LP

Postby masque » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:18 am

Boomchild wrote:

Boom.....I have read what DDY said about this.....but all that represents is how he felt right at that exact moment of when this was filmed. or how he thinks he remembered he felt at the time.

If you read my post, then think about the times in your life you have been happy over something taking place at that very moment but those feelings dont represent your true overall feelings about the situation.....much like my marriage analogy.

and lest us not forget, in the time frame between cornerstone and paradise theatre, the rest of the band was so pissed at DDY they "fired" him and only reluctantly allowed him back because "they couldnt think of a good enough replacement" or whatever.

point being, is how truly "happy" can people be but yet fire that band member then allow him back due to business reasons? are those the actions of "happy" people? yet, this goofy video is supposed to "be the real evidence"......lol uh huh. For me personally, I will rely more on the fact that they had enough problems with him at the HEIGHT of their fame they chose to try to get rid of him vs. watching how "happy" they seem to be during a promotional video for their new album at the time.

look, i'm sure they had lots of great moments, lots of highs and lots of lows......tommy and JY and DDY weren't lifelong friends, they were business partners. so on the way up, they were together.....once they got there, they started seeing things differently and it changed their relationships......no big surprise there......it's happened in thousands of businesses before. their business was apparently no different. we all want to believe their relationship was one big love fest and they were a band of brothers......they weren't......they were a band of musicians that were also business partners. the business relationships became strained and that's the end of it.
masque
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:12 am

masque wrote:Boom.....I have read what DDY said about this.....but all that represents is how he felt right at that exact moment of when this was filmed. or how he thinks he remembered he felt at the time.

If you read my post, then think about the times in your life you have been happy over something taking place at that very moment but those feelings dont represent your true overall feelings about the situation.....much like my marriage analogy.

and lest us not forget, in the time frame between cornerstone and paradise theatre, the rest of the band was so pissed at DDY they "fired" him and only reluctantly allowed him back because "they couldnt think of a good enough replacement" or whatever.

point being, is how truly "happy" can people be but yet fire that band member then allow him back due to business reasons? are those the actions of "happy" people? yet, this goofy video is supposed to "be the real evidence"......lol uh huh. For me personally, I will rely more on the fact that they had enough problems with him at the HEIGHT of their fame they chose to try to get rid of him vs. watching how "happy" they seem to be during a promotional video for their new album at the time.

look, i'm sure they had lots of great moments, lots of highs and lots of lows......tommy and JY and DDY weren't lifelong friends, they were business partners. so on the way up, they were together.....once they got there, they started seeing things differently and it changed their relationships......no big surprise there......it's happened in thousands of businesses before. their business was apparently no different. we all want to believe their relationship was one big love fest and they were a band of brothers......they weren't......they were a band of musicians that were also business partners. the business relationships became strained and that's the end of it.

The point I think DDY has tried to make is that things in regards what the relationships were as band mates has been overblown and not presented exactly the way things were. None of us here are close personal friends or confidants of any of them. I never thought the band was "one big love fest". When you have creative, opinionated and strong willed people working to together you are going to encounter problems. It's a common thread that you see in lots of successful bands.

I remember seeing a interview with Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins where talked about band member relationships. He said when they started to gain success, a label exec or manager pulled him aside to talk to him about song writing credits. The person suggested that Billy share the credit with the rest of the members even though they weren't involved in the writing. The person said that if he didn't it was going to cause problems with his band mates. Billy didn't do what was suggested. He said that at times it did cause some issues. That is because Billy ended up earning more then the others. He was getting royalties from album sales as well as song writer royalties. He also said that other band mates started doing side projects and he had no problem with it. He didn't feel it was his right to stand in their way.

I speculate that there was a similar situation going on Styx. I speculate that JY has and still does harbor resentment towards DDY because of this same type of thing.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Baron Von Bielski » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:34 am

Seriously? I mean really, seriously??
BVB
Baron Von Bielski
8 Track

Postby Baron Von Bielski » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:38 am

Boomchild wrote:
masque wrote:Boom.....I have read what DDY said about this.....but all that represents is how he felt right at that exact moment of when this was filmed. or how he thinks he remembered he felt at the time.

The point I think DDY has tried to make is that things in regards what the relationships were as band mates has been overblown and not presented exactly the way things were. None of us here are close personal friends or confidants of any of them. I never thought the band was "one big love fest". When you have creative, opinionated and strong willed people working to together you are going to encounter problems. It's a common thread that you see in lots of successful bands.

I remember seeing a interview with Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins where talked about band member relationships. He said when they started to gain success, a label exec or manager pulled him aside to talk to him about song writing credits. The person suggested that Billy share the credit with the rest of the members even though they weren't involved in the writing. The person said that if he didn't it was going to cause problems with his band mates. Billy didn't do what was suggested. He said that at times it did cause some issues. That is because Billy ended up earning more then the others. He was getting royalties from album sales as well as song writer royalties. He also said that other band mates started doing side projects and he had no problem with it. He didn't feel it was his right to stand in their way.

I speculate that there was a similar situation going on Styx. I speculate that JY has and still does harbor resentment towards DDY because of this same type of thing.

Yeah, not really much of a stretch there. I mean who wouldn’t be jealous of DDY’s voice and his writing and arranging abilities? JY would have to be with some of the drivel he’s put pen to.
BVB
Baron Von Bielski
8 Track

Postby Boomchild » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:56 am

Baron Von Bielski wrote:
Yeah, not really much of a stretch there. I mean who wouldn’t be jealous of DDY’s voice and his writing and arranging abilities? JY would have to be with some of the drivel he’s put pen to.

I think that it centered more around who was making what off "the business" then other things. Also, it seems that some think DDY is trying to paint their relationships as all "sugar plums and lolipops". Which he isn't. He admits they had disagreements and conflicts at times. His point is that they got along more then they didn't. That people focus more on the conflicts and disagreements then anything else. I believe he has said that if things were as they were portrayed in BTM, he would have never stayed in the band. Out of all of them, DDY has been the most respectful of his former band mates when talking about them to the public.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby masque » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:20 am

Boomchild wrote:
Baron Von Bielski wrote:

I think that it centered more around who was making what off "the business" then other things. Also, it seems that some think DDY is trying to paint their relationships as all "sugar plums and lolipops". Which he isn't. He admits they had disagreements and conflicts at times. His point is that they got along more then they didn't. That people focus more on the conflicts and disagreements then anything else. I believe he has said that if things were as they were portrayed in BTM, he would have never stayed in the band. Out of all of them, DDY has been the most respectful of his former band mates when talking about them to the public.

you and I actually see this more alike than what you realize. I also agree that they had to get along more often than not.....otherwise, 8 years of those three being together in that pressure cooker would have been very rough. I do believe they had some really good times together.

and as you said, we dont actually know them, or know what it is actually like to work with any of them. How they portray themselves in interviews and on TV may have nothing to do with how they are behind closed doors.

and if I were to speculate I would say that 1975-1978 that moods and feelings in the band were on mostly an uptick and things were mostly "good".

then from 79-83 they began to erode. still obviously had lots of good times, but perhaps the bad times were becoming more common. obviously, whatever resentments they had towards one another were certainly building during those years.

and here's the kicker. I agree with DDY that if he was actually as bad as he is portrayed at times it would be unlikely that they would have stayed together. BUT, there are two things to consider in that.......#1) it could be the ole frog in the boiling water thing.....meaning that drop a frog in boiling water he jumps out because he knows its boiling him. set a frog in a pan of room temp water and slowly add heat and he will sit there and die unaware until it's too late that the heat is being turned up. So maybe the issues between all of them were a "slow boil" and by the time 83 was finishing up, they, or at least tommy had enough. it obviously wasn't one thing that drove the wedge.

#2) DDY himself claims in BTM that he did actually feel that knew what was best for styx. and pushed for it. now more than one thing can be true. I actually agree that DDY probably did know what was best for styx......he should have been the final say most times based on what I think I know. BUT, I also understand that if you are Tommy and JY, maybe you dont agree with that and you resent the hell out of it and you dont want to work with that guy anymore.

Nobody can really argue that Roger Waters vision for Pink Floyd was wrong or unsuccessful......but it didn't stop gilmour and wright and mason from having massive issues with it and him. now I dont think DDY was on the level of roger waters in his desire dictate, but whatever level he was on, apparently had a lasting effect on the rest of the guys towards DDY. that is honestly not even an arguable point......we may think they all should feel differently, but for whatever reason, they dont. therefore, it is what it is.

I guess my point is that I actually support both sides in the argument because I can honestly see how and why they feel the way they do, based on what limited information we all believe we have. But that doesnt mean I wish it wasn't different....I do, I would love to see those three be together then, before, now and in the future. But the door for that being a possibility is closing a rapid rate now.

DDY is getting ready to be 71 years old and JY is pushing 70. So in all reality, they have in the neighborhood of 1-5 years to have any hope of ever playing again.......assuming they all stay healthy enough to do so.....but at their ages, that becomes less and less likely as each day passes.

it's very sad to me, but i just try to not let it bother me.
masque
Cassette Tape

Postby gr8dane » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:54 am

Boomchild wrote:
Baron Von Bielski wrote:

Lollies.Of course Dennis has been the most respectful.He is the one who wants to get back in.
Jesus loves you ,but everybody else thinks you're a knob.
gr8dane
Stereo LP

Return to Styx