OFFICIAL NFL 2017-2018 Thread

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2017-2018 Thread

Postby slucero » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:18 am

Memorex wrote:
slucero wrote:Goodell just boxed the owners in a corner.. and likely tanked their numbers for the rest of the year....

Is this referring to the NFL not making players stand?

Making them stand is the wrong approach. It's about not protesting on company time and being respectful to the league and fans. To me, the only solution to all of this is no more kneeling. No raised fists. Sit in the locker room during the anthem if you don't like it. Simple as that. Another solution would be to stop the anthem altogether. In this politicized climate, that will lose more fans though.

No.. do the math.

Goodell making that statement was more about him placing the problem and its reolution on the owners shoulders than him taking it on. He works for the owners, but he's also got some political power as the Comissioner. He's no idiot.

Now the owners have to make the next move regardless of what it is.

If the players really wanted to do something revolutionary, then why not make every single interview they give be ONLY about Kaperfuck's topic... this respects the flag and makes it about what Kaperfuck said he wanted in the first place... dialogue..

If the reporters or their agencies do not report the interviews.. then the players (and everyone else) can then point to the media and put the pressure on them to do their job.

Would be much more effective than this stupid flag protest, that clearly Kaperfuck did not think through clearly.

Kaperfuck's 1st action in an effort to unite the country , was to instead divide them...

This tells me he's either an idiot, or had a different agenda in the 1st place.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby Memorex » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:38 am

It is shocking how empty many of the stadiums are today. I knew the NFL would take a hit, but I did not realize how much of a hit. Granted, I think a lot of it is the teams suck.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby scarab » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:17 am

US Bank sure looked full :D

Be interested to see how full Twickenham is next Sunday. It holds 80,000+
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:05 am

The NFL product just sucks and 99% of the teams outside of the Patriots, Steelers, Chiefs and uh...hmm.. Dallas? Are no good and flat out an embarrassment. It's the product more than anything when the Aaron Rodgers of the world go down. The NFL will survive politics but when it comes down to it, the product is bad overall. Rivalries are lacking and Peyton Manning isn't walking through the door anytime soon to matchup with Brady in Primetime. The NFL is now missing those storylines.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby AR » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:15 am

I have taken a knee on the NFL. Those idiots took all the fun out of it for me.
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby tj » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:50 pm

AR wrote:I have taken a knee on the NFL. Those idiots took all the fun out of it for me.

I quit watching years ago. Occasionally I look at scores, but really don't care who plays or wins anymore.
tj
Cassette Tape

Postby S2M » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:16 am

What a bunch of fucking snowflakes. I'm not going to watch football because players are protesting....waaaah. What's next? I'm not going to watch 'Walking Dead' because Chick-fil-A is a sponser, and they aren't open on Sundays....waaaahhhh!

Meanwhile...I'm kicking ass in the pigskin pickems! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
S2M
MP3

Postby Memorex » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:18 am

S2M wrote:What a bunch of fucking snowflakes. I'm not going to watch football because players are protesting....waaaah. What's next? I'm not going to watch 'Walking Dead' because Chick-fil-A is a sponser, and they aren't open on Sundays....waaaahhhh!

Meanwhile...I'm kicking ass in the pigskin pickems! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You may be doing well. But the nfl sure as hell isn't.

I don't know, I guess some people have standards. Others don't. That's OK. There is room for both in the world.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby S2M » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:47 am

motherfucker!

I started the day in 177th place...got as low(high) as 9TH(!!!), then fell to 74th....now I'm 272nd.

Kansas City is a raging dumpster fire. The Saints are pretenders....and the Jags' coaching staff doesn't know how to fucking manage clock.

Oh, and Philly may be 10-1, but they've played NO ONE.
S2M
MP3

Postby RedWingFan » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:42 pm

Been watching football for over 40 years and never have I seen some bullshit like this.
https://youtu.be/ia54XEsuI_s
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby S2M » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:44 am

RedWingFan wrote:Been watching football for over 40 years and never have I seen some bullshit like this.
https://youtu.be/ia54XEsuI_s

I agree. I'm glad you weren't referencing James' goaline incompletion, because that was NOT a catch.
S2M
MP3

Postby S2M » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:46 am

Incidently, RWF...I think the fumble out of the endzone/touchback rule is egregious. But I have a solution.

If the offensive team fumbles out of the end zone they keep the ball, however...they lose the down, and they get the ball at the 20. I think that is completely fair. Someone suggested it, and Bill Barnwell wrote about it in one of his columns.
S2M
MP3

Postby RedWingFan » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:13 am

S2M wrote:Incidently, RWF...I think the fumble out of the endzone/touchback rule is egregious. But I have a solution.

If the offensive team fumbles out of the end zone they keep the ball, however...they lose the down, and they get the ball at the 20. I think that is completely fair. Someone suggested it, and Bill Barnwell wrote about it in one of his columns.

I think Carr is an idiot for stretching for the pylon. Just run out of bounds and take your 1st and goal from the 2 with 30 seconds left.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby S2M » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:17 am

S2M
MP3

Postby Memorex » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:40 am

That's awesome.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby S2M » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:30 am

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 2018 Home/Away

Home: Kansas City Chiefs, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New York Jets

Away: Pittsburgh Steelers, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Detroit Lions, Chicago Bears, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New York Jets

That's THREE years in a row N.E. travels TO Pitt. :roll: :roll: :evil: :x
S2M
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:48 am

Wah.

It's just the way the division leaders and winners set things up across the league. Teams like the Vikings or Chiefs in the way they finished in their conference or division may have determined NE coming to Pittsburgh again.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby Memorex » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:58 pm

Who is this JR high school team playing Alabama? What the fuck?
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby steveo777 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:23 pm

Fuck the NFL. Die in a fire!
I haven't watched a game all season and won't until they quit being political.
I agree with Peggy Hubbard here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhPNjh0cX6o
steveo777
MP3

Postby Journey/Survivor » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:07 am

The NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL and major college Football and Basketball are all scripted anyway.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:34 am

steveo777 wrote:Fuck the NFL. Die in a fire!

Lol! Good luck with that. :lol:

As bad as the NFL ratings are down, networks would literally commit MURDER to be in their position, STILL. Even with ratings down, the NFL still brings in incredible numbers.

Out of the top 10 most watched television shows of the year, the NFL dominated 7 spots. I don't got the list in front of me but they got the top 4 or 5 spots with ease with only the Oscars and Trump's inauguration landing somewhere in between. It's just childs play.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby Memorex » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:50 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:
steveo777 wrote:Fuck the NFL. Die in a fire!

Lol! Good luck with that. :lol:

As bad as the NFL ratings are down, networks would literally commit MURDER to be in their position, STILL. Even with ratings down, the NFL still brings in incredible numbers.

Out of the top 10 most watched television shows of the year, the NFL dominated 7 spots. I don't got the list in front of me but they got the top 4 or 5 spots with ease with only the Oscars and Trump's inauguration landing somewhere in between. It's just childs play.

Makes you wonder why ESPN is talking about dropping MNF next year.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:00 pm

Thursday Night Football got to go. It serves no purpose to the players whatsoever. I bet the NFL is seriously going to consider scrapping the last two preseason games and go to the 18 game format real soon. If that happens, the entire format changes but TNF is worthless and not needed. To have Sunday games, Sunday Night games, Monday Night games and Thursday Night games is just way too much. Football isn't built that way. Go back to less is more.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby Memorex » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:13 pm

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Thursday Night Football got to go. It serves no purpose to the players whatsoever. I bet the NFL is seriously going to consider scrapping the last two preseason games and go to the 18 game format real soon. If that happens, the entire format changes but TNF is worthless and not needed. To have Sunday games, Sunday Night games, Monday Night games and Thursday Night games is just way too much. Football isn't built that way. Go back to less is more.

Agreed. Now that I am not watching football (or any sport), it really hits me how much time I was spending on it. It got ridiculous. Watching that Alabama game last night almost made me feel like an asshole for sitting there for more than an hour.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby S2M » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:19 am

What the NFL REALLY needs to do is seed the playoffs like the NBA. There's NO WAY a 12 win team, that didn't win its division, needs to travel TO an 8 win team that won a horrific division.

Either that, or just fucking win your division. NO wild cards. Realign. and get rid of WCs.

My thought is realign into an East, and a West conference. And teams only meet during SB. It would cut down on travel. East of Kansas....East Conference...West of KS....West Conference. 16 teams, and 16 teams....there's your schedule. You play everyone in your conference once. Everyone plays everyone.

Get rid of London games, and Mexico games. Cut pre-seson to TWO games. And I'd also consider contraction, in all sports. At least by 4-6 teams.
S2M
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:46 am

I like the NFL Playoff format. It doesn't need changed and shouldn't change. It's not broken so don't fix it.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:53 am

Memorex wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:Thursday Night Football got to go. It serves no purpose to the players whatsoever. I bet the NFL is seriously going to consider scrapping the last two preseason games and go to the 18 game format real soon. If that happens, the entire format changes but TNF is worthless and not needed. To have Sunday games, Sunday Night games, Monday Night games and Thursday Night games is just way too much. Football isn't built that way. Go back to less is more.

Agreed. Now that I am not watching football (or any sport), it really hits me how much time I was spending on it. It got ridiculous. Watching that Alabama game last night almost made me feel like an asshole for sitting there for more than an hour.

Bro, stop being in denial and stop lieing to yourself and just watch the damn games lol. Why fight the urge.

The Alabama/Clemson game was never going to live up to the standard Georgia/Oklahoma set before it. I've never seen a more high scoring game that was filled with competitive momentum shifts in some time. If you are any sports fan, that game was appetizing on all levels and satisfied that craving. Loved it and I'm not a big college football fan.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby S2M » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:57 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:I like the NFL Playoff format. It doesn't need changed and shouldn't change. It's not broken so don't fix it.

It does need changing. An 11-5 team shouldn't have to travel to an 8-8 team. Point blank. Top 6 teams in a conference make the playoffs, regardless of division.
S2M
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:02 pm

Nah, I disagree. The emphasis on NFL football is on the divisions. It's straight forward. Win your division or pay the price. Divisional matchups and rivalries are what fuel the league. If you change that, divisional matchups and scheduling won't mean jack.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby S2M » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:11 pm

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Nah, I disagree. The emphasis on NFL football is on the divisions. It's straight forward. Win your division or pay the price. Divisional matchups and rivalries are what fuel the league. If you change that, divisional matchups and scheduling won't mean jack.

Well...by allowing Wild Cards - you are devaluing the divisional matchups, and scheduling already. And you just said win your division or pay the price.

We can agree to disagree. One day you could have a 13-3, or 14-2 team not make the playoffs due to not winning a division, and having 2 WC teams with better records. Don't laugh...could happen. Hell, N.E. missed it in '09 going 11-5.
S2M
MP3

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara