Rumors Abound ...

Strange Talking Street Medicine

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Re: Rumors Abound ...

Postby tater1977 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:09 am

Hmmmm, didn't know FA had been debunked :?: :shock:

https://twitter.com/Lady_J50/status/942962282538995713
LadyJ‏ @Lady_J50
Hey Steve Perry fans, It’s been confirmed that this photo of Steve Perry and Mandiline is from their 2nd meeting together. They had four meetings to date. Also, It’s confirmed that Steve is working on a music video. Steve’s or Mr. Fugly is unknown.

Sam Cooke‏ @SummerOfLuv
Replying to @Lady_J50
Unless Steve Perry himself or Fan Asylum confirms about the music video take it with a grain of salt.

LadyJ‏ @Lady_J50
No one has maintained Fan Asylem since The RnRHOF Inductee ceremony which aired in April this year. It seems to me that Fan Asylem is debunked. So please stop referring to it for answers.
:roll:
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby Lora » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:39 am

tater1977 wrote:Hmmmm, didn't know FA had been debunked :?: :shock:

LadyJ‏ @Lady_J50
Hey Steve Perry fans, It’s been confirmed that this photo of Steve Perry and Mandiline is from their 2nd meeting together. They had four meetings to date. Also, It’s confirmed that Steve is working on a music video. Steve’s or Mr. Fugly is unknown.

Sam Cooke‏ @SummerOfLuv
Replying to @Lady_J50
Unless Steve Perry himself or Fan Asylum confirms about the music video take it with a grain of salt.

LadyJ‏ @Lady_J50
No one has maintained Fan Asylem since The RnRHOF Inductee ceremony which aired in April this year. It seems to me that Fan Asylem is debunked. So please stop referring to it for answers.

Wow. I've never been debunked before. :shock:
She can't even spell Fan Asylum correctly.
Lora
8 Track

Postby tater1977 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:29 pm

Lora wrote:

LadyJ‏ @Lady_J50

Sam Cooke‏ @SummerOfLuv
Replying to @Lady_J50

LadyJ‏ @Lady_J50

I should know better than to come here and read MR with a drink in
hand, knowing the possibilities of liquid coming back through the nose.
:lol: :lol:
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby Marzdog » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:23 pm

Lora wrote:Wow. I've never been debunked before. :shock:

And then people are amazed, in shock, over why SP is so private. #fuckingstalkers

If it ever happens, it'll come from you (Lora) when it's good and ready...
Marzdog
45 RPM

Postby JustMyStyle » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:28 pm

Lora wrote:

LadyJ‏ @Lady_J50

Sam Cooke‏ @SummerOfLuv
Replying to @Lady_J50

LadyJ‏ @Lady_J50

She's obviously just another "in the know wannabe"....
Happy Holidays to all the debunked Fan Asylum employees!!!!! :lol:
Captured by the Moment ...
JustMyStyle
Ol' 78

Postby bellairepark73 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:28 am

Hey now wait a minute...even though her spelling might be off :? , she is only going by what she sees. It is true that nothing regarding Steve has been posted on the FA blog site since last December, and perhaps she called the main office and asked regarding Steve's fan mail...which she claims they no longer handle, by the way, is not being confirmed or denied. So, yeah, spelling mistakes set aside (we have all made them here and elsewhere), she can't be blasted for her enthusiasm. Besides, she isn't the only one. If you want someone else to wag your head at, look at this video:

It Really Looks Like Steve Perry Was Making A Music Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrddT8v4AoQ
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby perryfan61 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:40 am

bellairepark73 wrote:Hey now wait a minute...even though her spelling might be off :? , she is only going by what she sees. It is true that nothing regarding Steve has been posted on the FA blog site since last December, and perhaps she called the main office and asked regarding Steve's fan mail...which she claims they no longer handle, by the way, is not being confirmed or denied. So, yeah, spelling mistakes set aside (we have all made them here and elsewhere), she can't be blasted for her enthusiasm. Besides, she isn't the only one. If you want someone else to wag your head at, look at this video:

It Really Looks Like Steve Perry Was Making A Music Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrddT8v4AoQ

I've seen this guy before....seems to be a SP fan. I'm not convinced he's getting solid info. As was said, when Lora says it's true, then I'll start getting excited.
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby bellairepark73 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:08 am

perryfan61 wrote:
bellairepark73 wrote:Hey now wait a minute...even though her spelling might be off :? , she is only going by what she sees. It is true that nothing regarding Steve has been posted on the FA blog site since last December, and perhaps she called the main office and asked regarding Steve's fan mail...which she claims they no longer handle, by the way, is not being confirmed or denied. So, yeah, spelling mistakes set aside (we have all made them here and elsewhere), she can't be blasted for her enthusiasm. Besides, she isn't the only one. If you want someone else to wag your head at, look at this video:

I've seen this guy before....seems to be a SP fan. I'm not convinced he's getting solid info. As was said, when Lora says it's true, then I'll start getting excited.

No doubt...but what I am getting at is that She (LadyJ) is ALSO a SP fan and shouldn't be singled out. She is not a "wannabe" fan. She seems to be a fan that really is excited about what she has "discovered" and wants to share.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby perryfan61 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:14 am

That's true, I'm sure she wanted to share what she thinks she knows, which is fine by me....I just don't dare believe it yet, until I hear it from the horse's mouth. Still, I WANT to believe :lol: :D
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby tater1977 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:11 am

Enthusiasm is great. But her kind of 'enthusiasm' is the kind that gets rumors started and lights the fires of 'ALL- BELIEVING' SP news loonies.

It spreads like wildfire and then when it doesn't materialize, they turn and most put the blame on SP.
Or they DEMAND he come to or get on social media and talk to his fans.

He's for the most part retired . I'm sure he keeps busy doing what he wants. Yes, he's mentioned new music, but we all know, it will come out when he's ready to let go of it.

This guy in your link is always claiming he has insider info but then when most of his 'crystal ball' predictions don't happen, he says his sources have gone underground. This Ladyj made her tweet and then within a matter of time, he fires off a video on it.

Please don't tell us she is one of his 'insider' sources?
Even though he keeps saying 'his sources' from twitter or FB sent him -

Yes freedom of speech for everyone, but there used to be a thing called 'thinking for yourself' or 'common sense'.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby Jubilee » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:00 pm

JustMyStyle wrote:
Lora wrote:

LadyJ‏ @Lady_J50

Sam Cooke‏ @SummerOfLuv
Replying to @Lady_J50

LadyJ‏ @Lady_J50

She's obviously just another "in the know wannabe"....
Happy Holidays to all the debunked Fan Asylum employees!!!!! :lol:

:?
Hmmm...the tone & demeanor of this particular "in the know wanna be" sounds eerily similar to the owner of a certain debunked & now defunct Perry fan website. Kept some of the more gullible loons going for a while with her nonsense. My recollection is the whole thing blew apart after some shady dealings after the website owner collected money for t-shirts & failed to deliver.Real piece of work, that one. :roll:
"You did what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did better". -- Maya Angelou
Jubilee
Cassette Tape

Postby slucero » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:49 pm

Bottom line... Perry's never issued a release date for his new record... even though as of an April 9, 2017 interview with ABC Radio he'd been recording songs since a year earlier.... in 2016.

We're looking at 2 years here folks...

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby bellairepark73 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:44 am

slucero wrote:Bottom line... Perry's never issued a release date for his new record... even though as of an April 9, 2017 interview with ABC Radio he'd been recording songs since a year earlier.... in 2016.

We're looking at 2 years here folks...

Um...I don't quite follow you. He announced in 2015 that he was recording in the studio, and that he hopefully would have it finished in 2016. It appears that he did (even though at FA he said he was still hard at work, but that was in Jan. 2016). Why would you issue a release date when its not completed yet? Then in July 2017, his lawyer leaks that they are in deep contract negotiations. Again, why would you issue a release date when you are still in negotiations. I am not understanding the post. Sorry, my bad.

By the way...unknown with how many labels they were negotiating with. There are many labels out there.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby RPM » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:47 am

Its somewhat perplexing, At this point in his life you would think money is a moot point.
So whats the main negotiating sticking point? distribution? tour support?
"Remember Suzanne, those summer nights, those summer nights with me"
RPM
Cassette Tape

Postby bellairepark73 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:52 am

RPM wrote:Its somewhat perplexing, At this point in his life you would think money is a moot point.

Money is NEVER going to be a moot point for anyone...as long as this is a capitalist society AND economy that we find ourselves in. There are always bills, lifestyle and family. These things cost money. And depending on your bills (high-priced and high-powered attorney, warehouse full of cars that need upkeep, security, building maintenance, etc, etc, etc), lifestyle and family needs and wants, that's gonna take A LOT of money.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby slucero » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:09 am

bellairepark73 wrote:
RPM wrote:Its somewhat perplexing, At this point in his life you would think money is a moot point.

Money is NEVER going to be a moot point for anyone...as long as this is a capitalist society AND economy that we find ourselves in. There are always bills, lifestyle and family. These things cost money. And depending on your bills (high-priced and high-powered attorney, warehouse full of cars that need upkeep, security, building maintenance, etc, etc, etc), lifestyle and family needs and wants, that's gonna take A LOT of money.

are we talking about Perry or Schon? :mrgreen:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby bellairepark73 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:45 am

slucero wrote:
bellairepark73 wrote:

are we talking about Perry or Schon? :mrgreen:

Perry. Yep...he has a warehouse full of cars (remember the jeep that he was selling and giving the money to charity? Well...I believe from what I read in an article, that came from his warehouse), has (or had) a private plane, and Lee Phillips may be his friend and his daughters his god children but people...even that tight friendship don't come cheap. And he is still a client of FA (I hope, trust, think). And yeah his lifestyle isn't cheap...this man has (or had) several residences in CA. And CA real estate can't be bought at the Dollar Tree. Then there's his own family and their needs and wants (he's still got cousins, and possibly more immediate family), so...its still all about the Benjamins.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby bellairepark73 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:51 am

By the way...did anyone check out the comments made by a Mark Rojas of FUGLY (his own company)? Seems Steve was on the set where Oh Sherrie was filmed at one time WORKING with Mark everyday! Not music related however.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Previous

Return to Steve Perry