WHEN IS DDY’s

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

Re: WHEN IS DDY’s

Postby Monker » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:37 pm

yogi wrote:Twopher, its TOTAL opposite for me. Just spun it on the way home last night and driving to work today. The album transfers seamlessly from track to track. EVERY song is good.

IMO Locomotive, Radio Silence , The Greater Good, The Red Storm are as good as anything Styx has ever done. ( TRUE CLASSIC STYX songs)

Locomotive is at the top of the list of these songs.

Just a tremendous effort that gets better and better.

I hope DDY finds a way to one up em. I've ALWAYS felt that he was the straw that stirred the Styx drink & the TRUE STYX SUPERSTAR. I hope he's got it em to put out another excellent Rock & Roll album.

Yeah, but don't you wish that Mission was at least 20mins longer? It is just so short, especially if you skip some of the instrumental bits.
Monker
MP3

Postby Boomchild » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:09 am

Monker wrote:
WTF are you talking about. I was saying DDY was not going on about a new concept album until AFTER THE MISSION WAS RELEASED. So, OF COURSE he is going to be talking about it NOW - that proves my point you dumb-ass.

You know, I was wondering why you were not over in the Trump thread in the General forum. It's obviously because you are such an idiot you can't even talk up to Trump level. Do you write your posts via teleprompter?

It's well documented that DDY was the one for concept albums in Styx. So it's not far fetched to say that this was an idea he had before the Mission was even made public. DDY has mentioned that he had material already written when the album offer came along. Which was way before any hints that Styx was releasing an album.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby gr8dane » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:02 am

Boomchild wrote:
Monker wrote:
WTF are you talking about. I was saying DDY was not going on about a new concept album until AFTER THE MISSION WAS RELEASED. So, OF COURSE he is going to be talking about it NOW - that proves my point you dumb-ass.

You know, I was wondering why you were not over in the Trump thread in the General forum. It's obviously because you are such an idiot you can't even talk up to Trump level. Do you write your posts via teleprompter?

It's well documented that DDY was the one for concept albums in Styx. So it's not far fetched to say that this was an idea he had before the Mission was even made public. DDY has mentioned that he had material already written when the album offer came along. Which was way before any hints that Styx was releasing an album.

Wonder what the concept will be.?
Jesus loves you ,but everybody else thinks you're a knob.
gr8dane
Stereo LP

Postby Boomchild » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:02 am

gr8dane wrote:
Boomchild wrote:
Monker wrote:

Wonder what the concept will be.?

I'm better then Styx, of course.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby gr8dane » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:05 am

'I'm better then Styx, of course'

If that doesn't sound like Grammy bait right there,
I don't know what does.
He'll probably sneak 5 or 6 songs for Suzanne in there too,the ole geezer. 8)
gr8dane
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:30 am

Boomchild wrote:
Monker wrote:

It's well documented that DDY was the one for concept albums in Styx.

Which really means absolutely nothing.

DDY has mentioned that he had material already written when the album offer came along. Which was way before any hints that Styx was releasing an album.

And, after that then there was years of NOTHING being said about DDY doing anything. When The Mission was released it was generally assumed that neither Dennis nor Styx was doing anything. But, shortly after The Mission is released, Dennis announces he plans to release a concept album. I don't think it's a coincidence - at all. he is releasing an album simply because Styx did.
Monker
MP3

Postby Boomchild » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:24 am

Monker wrote:Which really means absolutely nothing.

Wrong. It means that out of all the members that comprised Styx, DDY was the one that was interested the most in doing concept albums. The others have made it clear that they were not as interested in that. So DDY looking to make his next album a concept is not at all unexpected nor is it some kind of salvo to his former band mates.

Monker wrote:And, after that then there was years of NOTHING being said about DDY doing anything. When The Mission was released it was generally assumed that neither Dennis nor Styx was doing anything. But, shortly after The Mission is released, Dennis announces he plans to release a concept album. I don't think it's a coincidence - at all. he is releasing an album simply because Styx did.

As Toph has repeatedly mentioned he has talked about it regularly in his podcasts. This was before AND after Styx released their album. You just choose to ignore that.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby yogi » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:44 am

[quote="gr8dane"][quote="Boomchild"][quote="Monker"]

You know, I was wondering why you were not over in the Trump thread in the General forum. It's obviously because you are such an idiot you can't even talk up to Trump level. Do you write your posts via teleprompter?[/quote]

It's well documented that DDY was the one for concept albums in Styx. So it's not far fetched to say that this was an idea he had before the Mission was even made public. DDY has mentioned that he had material already written when the album offer came along. Which was way before any hints that Styx was releasing an album.[/quote]

Wonder what the concept will be.?[/quote]

** They were talking about it on MTV Classic or whatever its call now. It actually kind of sounded like he was ( a bit) kind of ripping of a Talking Heads album.

It will be a double concept album BUT on album Side 4 ( B side album 2) he is re doing some of his 'FAVORITE Styx & solo songs that didn't get the airplay he thought they should have". If I'm betting, I'm betting on DDY doing a ' First Time' re make and somehow trying to get it the airplay it DID deserve.

The concept part of the albums will be 3 sides. Side 1 is gonna be about Soup, and Side 2 about Bad Haircuts. Side 3 will somehow tie the two sides together.

If ANYONE can pull this concept off its DDY!!
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby Toph » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:08 am

Monker wrote:
Boomchild wrote:
Monker wrote:

It's well documented that DDY was the one for concept albums in Styx.

Which really means absolutely nothing.

DDY has mentioned that he had material already written when the album offer came along. Which was way before any hints that Styx was releasing an album.

And, after that then there was years of NOTHING being said about DDY doing anything. When The Mission was released it was generally assumed that neither Dennis nor Styx was doing anything. But, shortly after The Mission is released, Dennis announces he plans to release a concept album. I don't think it's a coincidence - at all. he is releasing an album simply because Styx did.

Oh my God. Go FUCK YOURSELF YOU IMBRED MORON!

GO LISTEN TO THE FUCKING PODCASTS AND NOTE THE DATE HE STARTS TALKING ABOUT IT!

NOTE WHEN HE ANNOUNCES THE RECORD DEAL! ITS A YEAR BEFORE THE MISSION COMES OUT!

You FUCKING MORONIC IDIOT!!!
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Andrew » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:16 pm

Toph wrote:
Oh my God. Go FUCK YOURSELF YOU IMBRED MORON!

GO LISTEN TO THE FUCKING PODCASTS AND NOTE THE DATE HE STARTS TALKING ABOUT IT!

NOTE WHEN HE ANNOUNCES THE RECORD DEAL! ITS A YEAR BEFORE THE MISSION COMES OUT!

You FUCKING MORONIC IDIOT!!!

Haven't I warned you before? Cut the abuse.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby yogi » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:18 am

PULL the plug on this fool Andrew!!
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby Abitaman » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:15 am

Haven't seen ANDREW have to pull that is a while
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby masque » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:55 am

lord help us all.....who really cares who said what when? these people make music for albums and play live, the latter being mostly what they do these days. so you either enjoy what these old dino fucks do for us or not....it's truly that simple.

i, for one, still love what they give us both live and in the studio......both camps. I honestly do not give a rat's ass who had the idea of doing a concept album first......LMAO, give me a break.

I am shocked at how heated some of you guys get about this stuff.
masque
Cassette Tape

Postby yogi » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:04 am

It does matter Masque and it is a BIG ASS deal.

Technically Tommy thought of doing a concept album first. The problem is when he first thought of doing a concept album he told no one. Not his 4th wife, Ted Nugent,Jack Blades, or even any of his old pals from MS Funk. As per his current bandmates, he thought that JY would laugh. JY would then tell Chuck who would laugh and ridicule him.Then it would spread like wildfire eventually reaching Gowan and even Glen Burtnik. The teasing would be endless.

I hate to use the word BULLY but Tommy feared he would be BULLIED so he told no one. Finally,( 3 to 4 months later) Tommy got the nerve to tell Will Evankovich (who has been bullied his entire life), but by then Dennis had already publicly stated he was coming out with a new album.

So here is where we stand. Tommy actually thought of a new 'CONCEPT' album first, but Dennis went public ' FIRST' saying he was coming out with a new album.

Now where the REAL problem lies is did Dennis say his too would be a concept album. He hinted using words like 'themed album,the album will have 'different wrinkles' he even used the word 'conception' when doing an interview for Oui magazine.

This is a HUGE deal. To say its not, COMPLETELY minimizes its importance.
yogi
Stereo LP

Postby gr8dane » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:23 am

[quote][/quote]
It will be a double concept album BUT on album Side 4 ( B side album 2) he is re doing some of his 'FAVORITE Styx & solo songs that didn't get the airplay he thought they should have". If I'm betting, I'm betting on DDY doing a ' First Time' re make and somehow trying to get it the airplay it DID deserve.

The concept part of the albums will be 3 sides. Side 1 is gonna be about Soup, and Side 2 about Bad Haircuts. Side 3 will somehow tie the two sides together.

If ANYONE can pull this concept off its DDY!!]Quote{

Rumour has it, concept will be 'The Soup Nazi',like the Seinfeld guy.Dennis will play the nazi,as he is bossing everybody around, telling everybody ,what they must do.Just like it was in Styx.Bad haircuts tie in very nicely ,as everybody has to have the same hair style as Dennis,so no silly Nazi caps needed.

Side 4 will be every song for Suzanne in new and updated versions with Suzanne on kazoo .
gr8dane
Stereo LP

Postby Boomchild » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:28 pm

gr8dane wrote:Side 4 will be every song for Suzanne in new and updated versions with Suzanne on kazoo .

You really are hung up on that aren't you. So the guy really loves his wife and uses his musical talent to express it. I know now a days stuff like that is passe.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Toph » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:07 am

My apologies for blowing up, but when people operate out of ignorance, particularly one individual, it really is pathetic. For those that want to be informed, I would recommend you tune in to DDY's close to weekly podcasts. They can be heard on Cox Communication Radio Stations. Here is the link. There have been 42 of them so far and some are pretty informative.

http://www.971theriver.com/comesailaway/
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Baron Von Bielski » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:08 am

Yeah, but this stuff gets really stale really fast. If you look closely at the argument, none of it matters in the grand scheme of things.
BVB
Baron Von Bielski
8 Track

Postby Jodes » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:40 pm

JFC people.. life is too short.. Just fucking let it go already. Be thankful for everything they've done. Since the "split" I've seen both factions, met both factions and you know what both sides have said to me? Keep listening to good music and thank you for your support. Since the split I've seen my father die suddenly and horribly from Cancer. I've seen my mother ravaged by Alzeimers and MOCKED on this very board because of it. Yeah I'm resentful.. but fuck people chill out.
Jodes
Cassette Tape

Postby gr8dane » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:33 pm

Toph wrote: when people operate out of ignorance, particularly one individual, it really is pathetic.

:lol: :lol: You mean you ??? :lol: :lol: BAZINGA
Last edited by gr8dane on Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
gr8dane
Stereo LP

Postby Toph » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:32 am

gr8dane wrote:
Toph wrote: when people operate out of ignorance, particularly one individual, it really is pathetic.

:lol: :lol: You mean you ??? :lol: :lol:

You'er right. I meant 2 people acting out of ignorance. You and your buddy monkey boy. Thanks for the reminder!
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Boomchild » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:02 pm

Toph wrote:
gr8dane wrote:

:lol: :lol: You mean you ??? :lol: :lol:

You'er right. I meant 2 people acting out of ignorance. You and your buddy monkey boy. Thanks for the reminder!

Toph, it helps certain posters if you end your post with BAZINGA!!
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby gr8dane » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:53 pm

Toph wrote:
Boomchild wrote:
Toph wrote:Yes Mission really is an excellent record.
Guess it really irks toph how well received it was.

Yeah, somehow I missed the grammy nomination, top 10 album, #1 single, sold out mega concert tour....

You need a reality check. Even in Styx' "hay day" they barely made even grammy nominations. The likelihood of that happening in their twilight years is next to impossible.

Hey Fuck face

Bazinga oops BAZINGA. :lol: :lol:
gr8dane
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:07 pm

Oh, wow, didn't realize Toph had a meltdown. I totally missed it!
Monker
MP3

Previous

Return to Styx