Moderator: Andrew

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby verslibre » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:03 am

"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:37 am

Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:49 pm

The internet is fucking retarded.

Other news: water..wet.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:33 am

Here's a better article.

DC Fans Raise Money to Send Bronx Schoolchildren to Black Panther

In the wake of increasing conflict between die-hard fans of DC Comics and Marvel Comics, one group of DC fans is raising money to send schoolchildren from The Bronx to see Marvel’s Black Panther movie. The funds were raised as part of the #BlackPantherChallenge, an initiative launched by Frederick Joseph to raise money to take Harlem children to see Black Panther in theaters. Joseph has called on people in other parts of the country to mirror his efforts – a challenge taken up by Oscar-winner Spencer, who is sponsoring a Black Panther screening in Mississippi. Thus far, the #BlackPantherChallenge has seen approximately 100 campaigns raise over $100,000, drawing donations from fifteen countries and all fifty of the United States.

https://screenrant.com/black-panther-movie-dc-fans-raise-money/

There you go, RWF. :D
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:39 pm

verslibre wrote:Here's a better article.

DC Fans Raise Money to Send Bronx Schoolchildren to Black Panther

In the wake of increasing conflict between die-hard fans of DC Comics and Marvel Comics, one group of DC fans is raising money to send schoolchildren from The Bronx to see Marvel’s Black Panther movie. The funds were raised as part of the #BlackPantherChallenge, an initiative launched by Frederick Joseph to raise money to take Harlem children to see Black Panther in theaters. Joseph has called on people in other parts of the country to mirror his efforts – a challenge taken up by Oscar-winner Spencer, who is sponsoring a Black Panther screening in Mississippi. Thus far, the #BlackPantherChallenge has seen approximately 100 campaigns raise over $100,000, drawing donations from fifteen countries and all fifty of the United States.

https://screenrant.com/black-panther-movie-dc-fans-raise-money/

There you go, RWF. :D

yeah, well, everybody knows that is just fake news from a biased liberal click bait site. ;)
Monker
MP3

Postby Deb » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:59 am

How cool is this guy!

https://youtu.be/0Ygo5uc5QY8
Now Playing: Green Tinted Sixties Mind - Live. https://youtu.be/e9YPFXVNINU?si=zDfcdUBpoaDSatLG
Deb
MP3

Postby verslibre » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:06 am

^Yeah, that's awesome!
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Abitaman » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:10 am

Watched JL again at the movies, wanted to see one last time before coming to DVD. Trying to make my mind up if I will by the DVD or get a copy. Blue ray is out of the question. But this makes my 3rd or 4th time seeing it. Have to say it was the best viewing yet, still not a great movie, but better than I remember. I guess the repeated viewings kind of numbed by brain on the bad things, because they didn't stick out at much, since I knew they were going to happen. Still bugs me, that this could have been a good way to finish off the Zach trilogy, then they could have moved on.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby verslibre » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:18 am

Right on, Eric!

The word is in: Wonder Woman has sold 2.5 million copies alone on Blu-ray. It's now the 40th all-time best-selling Blu-ray at #40, outselling even Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.

Man of Steel is #19!
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:43 am

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:00 am

Joss is OFF the Batgirl movie!

He...is...OUTTA THERE!!

Beat it!! SCRAM!!! :twisted:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:31 am

Official comment from Joss....

“Batgirl is such an exciting project, and Warners/DC such collaborative and supportive partners, that it took me months to realize I really didn’t have a story. I’m grateful to Geoff and Toby and everyone who was so welcoming when I arrived, and so understanding when I… uh, is there a sexier word for ‘failed’?”

Lack of a good story didn't prevent him from making Avengers 2 and Justice League.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby verslibre » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:24 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Lack of a good story didn't prevent him from making Avengers 2 and Justice League.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I think he got his papers. Or he's leaving before he gets 'em.

But this also exposes a lie. They said he was writing the movie! I figured it was done and was going to shoot later this year.

So now it's "got no story?" Or maybe they don't want HIS story and they want a woman director on this movie. Still funny to hear him say he failed. Myself, personally, I don't care for his style. That's enough.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:31 am

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:13 am

Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:38 pm

He may not be directing Justice League Dark anymore but Guillermo Del Toro got Best Director for The Shape of Water. Sweet.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:09 am

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:37 am

Saw the recent preview for Krypton on SyFy. That looks like something worth watching. Definitely worth at least checking out.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:42 am

More importantly, who DID win, and why.

Marvel had the better plan, better stories, and better execution. DC had mediocre stories with poor execution, and WW as the only real highlight. Maybe, instead of worrying so much about color schemes, CGI, and "dark" stories, DC should worry about simply making good movies.

verslibre wrote:Image
Monker
MP3

Postby RedWingFan » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:08 am

RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:06 am

Monker wrote:Saw the recent preview for Krypton on SyFy. That looks like something worth watching. Definitely worth at least checking out.

Today.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:34 am

RedWingFan wrote:This is still unbelievable to me.
http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/justice ... um=JoBloFB

They probably should have just continued making Batman films after TDKR. Built the universe from there.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby verslibre » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:21 am

As a diehard Batfan, I willingly admit they needed to save a new solo Batman film for a few years down the road. It's looking like 2020. The Batman (Matt Reeves, dir.) films next year.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:42 am

verslibre wrote:As a diehard Batfan, I willingly admit they needed to save a new solo Batman film for a few years down the road.

Why? They ended up having to awkwardly shoe-horn Batman into the DC films anyway. And they still made less $$ than the Nolan Bat films.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby verslibre » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:35 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:As a diehard Batfan, I willingly admit they needed to save a new solo Batman film for a few years down the road.

Why? They ended up having to awkwardly shoe-horn Batman into the DC films anyway. And they still made less $$ than the Nolan Bat films.

They needed to reboot Superman. Man Of Steel = mission accomplished.

Wonder Woman was way, way overdue. Mission accomplished.

We needed to get some other characters out there. James Wan took on the Aquaman project. Can't wait to see what he's done.

Batman is one of the most well-known, most famous, most popular characters. We essentially got a new Batman already, but the second movie (Justice League) took an awesome new take on the Darknight Detective and morphed him into a guy who sounded hesitant to kick some ass. That's not Batman.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:54 am

verslibre wrote:They needed to reboot Superman. Man Of Steel = mission accomplished.

Wonder Woman was way, way overdue. Mission accomplished.

We needed to get some other characters out there. James Wan took on the Aquaman project. Can't wait to see what he's done.

Batman is one of the most well-known, most famous, most popular characters. We essentially got a new Batman already, but the second movie (Justice League) took an awesome new take on the Darknight Detective and morphed him into a guy who sounded hesitant to kick some ass. That's not Batman.

Out of every DC movie so far, only Wonder Woman has been a categorical success. MOS didn't reboot anything. It was still-born. Suicide Squad made money but was garbage.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby verslibre » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:42 am

Squad's a good time. Great cast. Its box office shows that audiences don't always allow the critics and blogbots to tell them what and what not to see.

Man Of Steel is a great movie. Of course it's a reboot.

Maybe you're thinking of Superman Returns. Everyone pretends (rightfully) that it doesn't exist. :wink:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:55 am

verslibre wrote:Squad's a good time. Great cast. Its box office shows that audiences don't always allow the critics and blogbots to tell them what and what not to see.

Man Of Steel is a great movie. Of course it's a reboot.

Maybe you're thinking of Superman Returns. Everyone pretends (rightfully) that it doesn't exist. :wink:

David Ayer, the director of Squad, has even apologized for the film. He's right. It's a mess.

As for Man of Steel...it was dead on arrival. That's why they had to retcon Batman into the universe asap.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby verslibre » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:52 am

The studio ordered major reshoots for Suicide Squad months after principal photography was completed. They wanted more jokes. The first cut was reportedly more gritty. Ayer played good soldier. He wants to keep working as a director.

The studio really fucked up Justice League, though. I can't believe they gave Joss' crap two thumbs up.

Meanwhile, they didn't fuck with Patty Jenkins, and oh, nothing, Wonder Woman's profit is a very healthy 253 big honeys.

http://deadline.com/2018/03/wonder-woman-box-office-profit-2017-1202351443/

Patty's going to enjoy a payday for directing the sequel that will be many times larger.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:24 am

Something that is dead on arrival doesn't bring back the same lead role and cast to kick-start a shared universe. Fans naturally wanted a proper Man of Steel 2 and wanted the mistakes of MoS to be addressed head on. It's the reason why we see Bruce's perspective of the Superman V Zod in the beginning of BvS. That was Snyder's way of dealing with the human element of having a hero on the ground saving human lives. That was a huge criticism from MoS.

WB always, always, always wanted to greenlight a Superman vs Batman movie. They took their shot after MoS started something they could of built on.

Unfortunately, the studio got cold feet on what they actually wanted with BvS as the meddling started heavily in that films' post production. They thought the fans wanted more Batman when in reality, people wanted Superman done right. That was there mistep. They should have fleshed Superman out more before bringing Batsie in. But it's all hindsight. If you live in the geek community, it won't be long for you find a fanbase voicing their opinion on wanting Man of Steel 2. Rumors have it a Superman film starring Henry Cavill is the worst kept secret behind WB's closed doors.

We'll see.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara