Journey/Def Leppard Tix Sales

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Journey/Def Leppard Tix Sales

Postby roycap » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:44 am

I just looked at available seats for a local upcoming show and numerous tickets remain. I think these guys may have out priced themselves for this tour. Any decent seat going to cost you $150.
roycap
Ol' 78

Re: Journey/Def Leppard Tix Sales

Postby Journey/Survivor » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:47 am

Because of my health issues I'm unable to work. I'm as broke as you can possibly get. Despite that fact, I haven't missed a Journey concert that was anywhere in the Cleveland/Akron/Canton areas since they started touring again in the late 1990's.

This will be the first show that I just have no choice but to miss. And the sad thing is that this may be the last time that Journey ever play near me?

We Journey fans on here are literally among the biggest Journey fans in the world, and yet a lot of us that are members here on MR have said that we're not going to see them on this tour because it's just way too expensive.

These ticket prices are all out immoral.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby lparn » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:30 pm

I'm in the same predicament
I haven't been working due to medical problems
My boyfriend handles all the bills while I'm awaiting to see what i qualify for
Can't really justify spending $505 for
Lousy food, no meet &greet, same tired setlist
Plus upperlevel seats are over $100
Just greed
lparn
45 RPM

Postby Archetype » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:52 am

I don’t think there’s anything “immoral” about concert ticket prices. Concerts are a luxury, not a need.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:06 pm

Archetype wrote:I don’t think there’s anything “immoral” about concert ticket prices. Concerts are a luxury, not a need.

Greed is immoral. Charging insane prices beyond what's reasonable is greed.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby tj » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:15 pm

Journey/Survivor wrote:
Archetype wrote:I don’t think there’s anything “immoral” about concert ticket prices. Concerts are a luxury, not a need.

What's reasonable? To the guy living in a trash dump in India, any amount of money being spent on a concert ticket is unreasonable. To Bill Gates, dropping $1million to have a band do a private concert in his living room is reasonable.

The market determines what is or isn't reasonable. I thought $18 per seat was harsh (for me, a poor college student) in 1986 when I saw Journey. It was reasonable, though, because I spent it to impress a girl. Heck, I would have spent $100 per ticket then if it would have caused her to marry me. :?
tj
Cassette Tape

Postby tj » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:17 pm

I would not spend $150 to see this tour. Perhaps their thought is that people would spend $75 each to see Journey and Def Leppard separately, so together it should be $150. We will see.
tj
Cassette Tape

Postby lparn » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:39 pm

I think its greed when you charge $505 for lousy food cheap swag and no meet and greet plus same gh set list with everyone phoning in their performance
Going out on tour with the obvious discord in the band is greed
There are other groups touring who charge less money for more swag a varied setlist AND meet and greet
When you're on a fixed income and need to decide whether to splurge or not it's an easy choice
lparn
45 RPM

Postby Archetype » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:41 am

Journey/Survivor wrote:

They’re charging what they think the market will bear for their product. As someone already said, reasonable in the context of concert ticket prices is incredibly subjective.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby scarab » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:46 am

gonna drop almost $500 if i get corporate tickets to the show. Really hoping i lose cause now Cheap Trick is on the bill.
They are a good band but dont want to see a three show concert which means they get 45 min and Journey and Leppard get max 75. The same old setlist for Journey.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Archetype » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:25 am

I just paid $578 after fees for two Metallica tickets. Average seating- nowhere near front row. Could have paid $399 per ticket before fees for floor admission. Journey and Def Lippard don’t seem so expensive now :wink:
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby tj » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:28 am

lparn wrote:I think its greed when you charge $505 for lousy food cheap swag and no meet and greet plus same gh set list with everyone phoning in their performance
There are other groups touring who charge less money for more swag a varied setlist AND meet and greet
When you're on a fixed income and need to decide whether to splurge or not it's an easy choice

If someone offered you $505 to go see them, would you take it? If so, is that greedy?
tj
Cassette Tape

Postby lparn » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:52 am

tj wrote:
lparn wrote:I think its greed when you charge $505 for lousy food cheap swag and no meet and greet plus same gh set list with everyone phoning in their performance

If someone offered you $505 to go see them, would you take it? If so, is that greedy?

I would use the money to travel or go see Foreigner again
lparn
45 RPM

Postby lparn » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:52 am

lparn wrote:
tj wrote:

I would use the money to travel or go see Foreigner again, by greed i am referring to the artists
Last edited by lparn on Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lparn
45 RPM

Postby JourneyHard » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:14 am

If they have empty stadiums, then they charged too much.

Journey really needs to do something special to make it worth it. Lay It Down and Back Talk would do it for me. What would make you want to see them again?
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Postby Archetype » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:29 am

JourneyHard wrote:If they have empty stadiums, then they charged too much.

Journey really needs to do something special to make it worth it. Lay It Down and Back Talk would do it for me. What would make you want to see them again?

At least 4 songs in the set that were written after 1998.
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby lparn » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:08 pm

At least a few from revelation
lparn
45 RPM

Postby Greg » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:54 am

Ticket sales started rising when people stopped buying music. Plain and simple. There's a direct correlation. When artist got paid for selling millions of copies of a record, they made their money from that. Touring was just the icing on the cake. Now, their only cash cow is touring and merch at the concerts. So, it's the norm to spend $100 on a nose bleed seat and purchase a concert shirt for $60 minimum.

I spent $400 on two tickets for Billy Joel in October. Floor seats but far away from the stage.
Greg
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:41 am

July 13th in Detroit at Comerica Park
( sorry but it will always be Tiger stadium to me ) :D ...
Looks like Journey's VIP vs. Def Lep VIP = $505 vs $850
Difference being with DL you can actually meet the band :lol:
Prices are ridiculous. Nosebleed sections start at around
$ 49.50 though, bring your binoculars.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby Pacfanweb » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:07 am

Just wait, there will be Groupons just like there always are these days. 4 tickets for 25 bucks each, something like that to fill the places out.
Pacfanweb
45 RPM

Postby JourneyHard » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:46 am

Pacfanweb wrote:Just wait, there will be Groupons just like there always are these days. 4 tickets for 25 bucks each, something like that to fill the places out.

I agree. At some point, they will offer a row of ten seats for 25 cents. If they get you into the place, they hope they can sell you t-shirts for $60 or beer for $20.
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Postby Abitaman » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:58 am

roycap wrote:I just looked at available seats for a local upcoming show and numerous tickets remain. I think these guys may have out priced themselves for this tour. Any decent seat going to cost you $150.

Yep I was take my kids to see Journey for the first time, at least $600.00 to get anything halfway good in Tampa. Shame.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby lparn » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:22 pm

Songs from revelation and similar setlist to livevin manila
lparn
45 RPM

Postby JourneyHard » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:20 pm

When Journey plays the Dirty Dozen on every tour for the last 20 years, they are admitting they are NOT that popular. They are saying people only know these twelve songs. So, it is a huge insult to themselves! Just sayin'
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Postby marco17 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:57 pm

I actually a bit surprised that they went the arean/stadium route with most of the shows. No doubt they would do well in the sheds that they usually play, but I'm thinking...just my opinion...that they may not draw that many folks.
marco17
8 Track

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:13 am

lparn wrote:

Songs from revelation and similar setlist to livevin manila

I think they should do "Higher Place" every night.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Return to Journey