New music from Steve

Strange Talking Street Medicine

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Re: New music from Steve

Postby RPM » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:13 am

He didn’t record an album for nothing right?
Maybe Lora could throw us a bone ?
"Remember Suzanne, those summer nights, those summer nights with me"
RPM
Cassette Tape

Postby bellairepark73 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:42 pm

RPM wrote:He didn’t record an album for nothing right?

Well...I'm not Lora (darn...) BUT you good people probably know this already but I am surprised that no one said anything...Steve has new management and a booking agent. Had it since February of this year I think. So, things are moving. Snail's pace but hopefully moving in a forward direction.

Again...probably old news to y'all but worth noting. Especially its the first time in 20 years since he signed with anyone.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby perryfan61 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:41 am

bellairepark73 wrote:

Well...I'm not Lora (darn...) BUT you good people probably know this already but I am surprised that no one said anything...Steve has new management and a booking agent. Had it since February of this year I think. So, things are moving. Snail's pace but hopefully moving in a forward direction.

Again...probably old news to y'all but worth noting. Especially its the first time in 20 years since he signed with anyone.

Well. A step in the right direction :D
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby perryfan61 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:41 am

bellairepark73 wrote:

Well. A step in the right direction :D
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby scarab » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:56 am

just wish he would test the waters...even if only one single.
with journey now on a semi-stadium (here in MN they are playing a 40,000+ target field) tour i am guessing no full length release will happen this year.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby bellairepark73 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:51 am

scarab wrote:just wish he would test the waters...even if only one single.
with journey now on a semi-stadium (here in MN they are playing a 40,000+ target field) tour i am guessing no full length release will happen this year.

I wish he would test the waters too. I'm not sure what Journey's tour as to do with his album release though. :|
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby KDOUBLEU » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:16 am

I wonder if Neal is still waiting for that Coffee.
KDOUBLEU
Cassette Tape

Postby bellairepark73 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:51 pm

KDOUBLEU wrote:I wonder if Neal is still waiting for that Coffee.

Yes he is as per radio interview but he said he is not going to chase after him. If it is going to happen then it will.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby Marabelle » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:42 pm

I was just thinking of that! I don’t even know why. Flashed into my thoughts and out. Wow!
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby bellairepark73 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:08 pm

Here is who he is signed with:
http://directmanagement.com/steve-perry/

All those who are signed with this company are working musicians. So...not in vain if he now has a booking agent. Like I said...probably old news to y'all.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby perryfan61 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:19 pm

bellairepark73 wrote:Here is who he is signed with:

All those who are signed with this company are working musicians. So...not in vain if he now has a booking agent. Like I said...probably old news to y'all.

:P :D
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby KDOUBLEU » Mon May 21, 2018 11:59 am

Well what do you know. An appearance on American Idol.
KDOUBLEU
Cassette Tape

Postby bellairepark73 » Mon May 21, 2018 12:23 pm

KDOUBLEU wrote:Well what do you know. An appearance on American Idol.

I don't watch that show...but its time to reconsider.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby Abitaman » Mon May 21, 2018 11:02 pm

An...what did he do? Coach? Sing?
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby ohsherrie » Tue May 22, 2018 12:16 am

Abitaman wrote:An...what did he do? Coach? Sing?

He just made an appearance, which is unusual on a show like that. Maybe it is a sign if possible things to come.
ohsherrie
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Marabelle » Tue May 22, 2018 2:16 am

Looks like he was just having a great time! That’s worth 2 thumbs up and applause!
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby bellairepark73 » Tue May 22, 2018 1:15 pm

Marabelle wrote:Looks like he was just having a great time! That’s worth 2 thumbs up and applause!

WAAAY more to it than that. Nice to see you back by the way.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby Marabelle » Wed May 23, 2018 11:50 am

Hmm, so you think it’s way more than...2 thumbs up and a la-de-da? You think he’s been listening to the rhythm of his soul? I’m smiling. We don’t know and maybe will never know but it feels good and looks good and one day maybe we will wake up to a big surprise. I don’t know if it’s true or not...but it’s a great thought. I’m still smiling.
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby Shadowsong » Sat May 26, 2018 8:20 pm

Steve had to be "graciously" fibbing if he gloated over the blonde chipmunks version of DSB...Luckily his nose does not grow longer! :lol:
~Shadow~

There is a seed within called hope
Waiting for the chance to grow
There's forever flowing from your soul
Waiting for the spirit to be flown
Shadowsong
Cassette Tape

Postby scarab » Sun May 27, 2018 12:31 am

perryfan61 wrote:

Odd. Why is he signed to this booking agency? Maybe he has been for years. If he has they sure have done an awful job. :D
Katy Perry is signed to them as well. More odd, when Katy acted like she didnt know who he was when Im sure his appearance was set up before.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby bellairepark73 » Sun May 27, 2018 8:34 am

scarab wrote:
perryfan61 wrote:

Odd. Why is he signed to this booking agency? Maybe he has been for years. If he has they sure have done an awful job. :D
Katy Perry is signed to them as well. More odd, when Katy acted like she didnt know who he was when Im sure his appearance was set up before.

No. It seems by all accounts this is NEW. As of this year.
They are not doing an awful job. Not really. This time around he has a manager that is custom fit to him and his needs.

Yes Katy Perry acted as if she didn't know but I think it had more to do with Lionel Ritchie working with his management and convincing Steve to make an appearance. Steve and Lionel go WAY back to WE ARE THE WORLD. In fact, Lionel was the one who wanted and got Steve a solo part and they worked on the bridge together and Steve was asked to donate a song for the B side. So there association goes way back.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby bellairepark73 » Sun May 27, 2018 8:41 am

Marabelle wrote:Hmm, so you think it’s way more than...2 thumbs up and a la-de-da? You think he’s been listening to the rhythm of his soul? I’m smiling. We don’t know and maybe will never know but it feels good and looks good and one day maybe we will wake up to a big surprise. I don’t know if it’s true or not...but it’s a great thought. I’m still smiling.

Marabelle...of course there's WAY more to it than that. When was the last time Steve appeared on NATIONAL T.V? This is not the RRHOF, which for all its glory still caters to a niche audience. My word. American Idol is across the board general audience that more than 100 million people in the US alone. Its bigger than even the Billboard Awards. The only thing that tops it are The Voice...maybe and The Grammies in reach (not just ratings). News of that appearance was shared over TWO THOUSAND times within MINUTES! No exgerration...at all.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby bellairepark73 » Sun May 27, 2018 8:42 am

ohsherrie wrote:

He just made an appearance, which is unusual on a show like that. Maybe it is a sign if possible things to come.

Highly unusual. In fact...unprecedented.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby Pacfanweb » Mon May 28, 2018 1:34 am

bellairepark73 wrote:
ohsherrie wrote:

Highly unusual. In fact...unprecedented.

Randy Jackson couldn't get him on the original version of the show. But Lionel could? Hmm.
Pacfanweb
45 RPM

Postby TageRyche » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:59 am

I know that this likely won't be looked upon favorably but I think the only way we see any new music from Steve Perry is when he no longer has a say and some record company starts raiding his archives and puts out some sort of "The Lost Tapes" releases or something.
TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Postby scarab » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:35 am

TageRyche wrote:I know that this likely won't be looked upon favorably but I think the only way we see any new music from Steve Perry is when he no longer has a say and some record company starts raiding his archives and puts out some sort of "The Lost Tapes" releases or something.

Sad thing with the re-releases and leaked songs (Lost Angels, One More Time, Home at Last, Let Go, etc) he easily has a lost tape album he could release w/o any of the new stuff he hopefully recorded.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby jaxmanjoe » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:39 am

I think Steve Perry and Frankie Sullivan should get together and not do an album. Then Frankie can sue Steve for using the letter S in his first name.
Jaxmanjoe
jaxmanjoe
45 RPM

Postby St.George » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:49 am

jaxmanjoe wrote:I think Steve Perry and Frankie Sullivan should get together and not do an album. Then Frankie can sue Steve for using the letter S in his first name.

I LOL'D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
St.George
Ol' 78

Postby steveo777 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:45 am

At the rate we're going, any new album is likely to be release posthumously. :lol:
steveo777
MP3

Postby Greg » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:08 am

jaxmanjoe wrote:I think Steve Perry and Frankie Sullivan should get together and not do an album. Then Frankie can sue Steve for using the letter S in his first name.

Add Tom Scholz to that, and you'll have the album out by 2045!
Greg
Cassette Tape

PreviousNext

Return to Steve Perry