DC Extended Universe THREAD

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:12 am

verslibre wrote:You have this tendency to pontificate. And when I say you pontificate, I mean you express your opinions in a manner that reeks of pomp and intolerance. :lol:

Sorry. That's just in your head. And as already established, you voluntarily donated your brain to a cult awhile ago.

verslibre wrote: You're a hit with your snare drum and your slicked-back hair under the lamppost.

No idea what this means....
Maybe you're having a traumatic childhood flashback?
Is that how you drummed up attention for your street walking mom?
Was ur first superhero costume a cardboard sandwich board that proclaimed: "My Mom's Will Suck The Skin Off You Dick for a Fiver?"

verslibre wrote:My point was that John wanted to make a different movie EVERY time after Halloween II. Maybe you blinked and missed it.

Don't need the history lesson. It was also a shit movie.

verslibre wrote:You sound like you're 75. Season of the Witch has a wicked cool unconventional climax where EVIL WINS. Scores of hapless trick-or-treaters perish. Many a parent despised that movie for its fucked-up ending. It's another win for Carpenter in my book. A plausible premise? Not really. Kind of wacky. But there's this creepy vibe to the whole shebang, and it's got one of his best soundtracks. So there. :lol:

I saw it as a kid and laughed my ass off. Stonehenge chips in masks? Cyborgs? The entire thing is retarded. Sorry.

verslibre wrote:Who cares? You and nobody else.

You asked "how was the second movie too soon?" I gave several references, including the Conan Doyle source material. You have no facts and are just an idiot. Moving on...

verslibre wrote:Yay! And who guess which movie in Nolan's trilogy the Joker appears in? The second! Woo-hoo!

The plan was to have him appear again in the next one. How did that work out? You just made the perfect case AGAINST introducing a major villain too soon. So thank you!

verslibre wrote:Sure. Let's see your fiction, bud. I'll give you my honest feedback. Put up-or-shut up time, storyteller.

So now I can only express opinions on cinema if I write/direct my own?

verslibre wrote:You DISlike Batman Begins? Your cred just bottomed out. :lol:

You're here defending Man of Steel and BvsS. You never had any cred.

verslibre wrote:Don't ever read Frank Miller's acclaimed Batman: Year One, because that's where big chunks of Begins came from.

Read it. Own it. All you do is lecture and make presumptions, as if you are the keeper of sacred geek knowledge. Get over yourself.

verslibre wrote:You can say that as many times as you want, but Begins is regarded as one of the best — if not the best — superhero origin films, and it's all Goyer, with some screeplay tweaks by Chris.

Begins, to me, is a hot mess. It wants to be a gritty reboot and that urban angle totally clashes with the mustache twirling Ra's al Ghul and his ninjas. The gritty parts work. I understand that is was critically well-received. I don't care.

verslibre wrote:Spiteful remarks only make you look like a shill. Snyder did that for fun, on his own time, on his own dime. (Trust me, he can afford it.) Looks sweet, too. If you're trying to beef over that, you're gonna end up chowing on Hamburger Helper sans the meat. :lol:

I bet his upcoming Ayn Rand adaption will be a huge hit at Young Republican meetings across the country. :roll:

verslibre wrote:They've never relied on taped lead vocals, either. :lol: Btw, Journey's mega-success only lasted a few years. Want to compare their career to Van Halen's? They can put whoever they want out front and fill an arena. Hagar, Roth, Cherone. They could probably do it with "Weird" Al Yankovic.

They shouldn't have given up Gary so fast.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby verslibre » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:10 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:You have this tendency to pontificate. And when I say you pontificate, I mean you express your opinions in a manner that reeks of pomp and intolerance. :lol:

Sorry. That's just in your head. And as already established, you voluntarily donated your brain to a cult awhile ago.

Get it straight, Columbo: I don't join cults, I start them.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote: You're a hit with your snare drum and your slicked-back hair under the lamppost.

No idea what this means....
Maybe you're having a traumatic childhood flashback?
Is that how you drummed up attention for your street walking mom?
Was ur first superhero costume a cardboard sandwich board that proclaimed: "My Mom's Will Suck The Skin Off You Dick for a Fiver?"

LOL. There's the TNC we know and love.

I thought you were Gene Palma.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:My point was that John wanted to make a different movie EVERY time after Halloween II. Maybe you blinked and missed it.

Don't need the history lesson. It was also a shit movie.

You probably hate Ace Ventura, Pet Detective, too!

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:Who cares? You and nobody else.

You asked "how was the second movie too soon?" I gave several references, including the Conan Doyle source material. You have no facts and are just an idiot. Moving on...

General moviegoers who will never open a SACD book don't care.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:Yay! And who guess which movie in Nolan's trilogy the Joker appears in? The second! Woo-hoo!

The plan was to have him appear again in the next one. How did that work out? You just made the perfect case AGAINST introducing a major villain too soon. So thank you!

There was no immediate plan for Ledger to reprise the role, not before The Dark Knight was released, anyway. What there was, was an early two-film arc that Goyer drew up for Joker, one that involved a more classical take on the "origin" of Two-Face (who then would have been the main villain in a sequel).

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/quora/did-christopher-nolan-ori_b_1685043.html

The other idea amounted to Joker having a cameo, but he would have never been the central villain of the trilogy capper. The studio wanted Nolan to use Riddler, because he's another "classic" villain. Nolan said no, fuck off. It's Bane, take it or leave it.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:Sure. Let's see your fiction, bud. I'll give you my honest feedback. Put up-or-shut up time, storyteller.

So now I can only express opinions on cinema if I write/direct my own?

You just claimed I have bad storytelling instincts because I don't have a problem with Moriarty being the villain in Downey's second Sherlock Holmes movie. I bet you don't have a problem with Red Skull being the villain in Captain America: The First Avenger, General Zod being the villain in Man of Steel — or better yet, Ragnarok consisting of not ONE, not TWO, but THREE major storylines melted into one Velveeta-and-bologna sandwich: Hela, Surtur, Planet Hulk.

What's funny about Ragnarok is that it contains one of the biggest retcons I've seen in a movie, which you totally missed: the Hulk ending up on Sakaar...after flying off in a freakin' Quinjet at the end of The Age of Ultron. They changed it to "He flew out into space." Yeah, whatever. So somehow he drifted into space for a while, in a craft not built for space travel, and eventually took the wormhole express to the Grandmaster's planet, where they have music from the Willy Wonka soundtrack. :roll:

You can even read of Kevin and Joss debating what to do: https://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/173435/how-did-hulk-and-his-quinjet-end-up-on-sakaar

^That is an officially sanctioned retcon, in case you want to know what one looks like.

In summary: one of Marvel's most epic storylines, Planet Hulk (which leads into World War Hulk)...reduced to a few drops of ball sweat wrung from Feige's crusted shorts — that Marvel's vast legion of defenders willingly sucked in like shit-dust blown downwind from a hog farm. :lol:

(And where the FUCK did Banner get that Duran Duran - Rio shirt?)

(You: "I don't care!")

Hela shouldn't have been able to destroy Mjolnir, either. But since the movie made a bunch of coin, it's moot. So the fact that Moriarty was treated with a modicum of respect in Game of Shadows should be of far less concern.

Yet you ask for justification for opining without being a creator. You're the one who said you submitted a piece to a zine. I just assumed you've penned some stellar stuff. :lol:

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:You DISlike Batman Begins? Your cred just bottomed out. :lol:

You're here defending Man of Steel and BvsS.

Nor do I plan to streamline said defending. :lol:

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:Don't ever read Frank Miller's acclaimed Batman: Year One, because that's where big chunks of Begins came from.

Read it. Own it. All you do is lecture and make presumptions, as if you are the keeper of sacred geek knowledge. Get over yourself.

Still fancy yourself the Pontiff of the Temple of Geekdom, I see. :lol:

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:You can say that as many times as you want, but Begins is regarded as one of the best — if not the best — superhero origin films, and it's all Goyer, with some screeplay tweaks by Chris.

Begins, to me, is a hot mess. It wants to be a gritty reboot and that urban angle totally clashes with the mustache twirling Ra's al Ghul and his ninjas. The gritty parts work. I understand that is was critically well-received. I don't care.

Too bad. As a lifelong reader of Batman, I sat there gobsmacked while watching Begins. My micro-review was "It's about time."

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:Spiteful remarks only make you look like a shill. Snyder did that for fun, on his own time, on his own dime. (Trust me, he can afford it.) Looks sweet, too. If you're trying to beef over that, you're gonna end up chowing on Hamburger Helper sans the meat. :lol:

I bet his upcoming Ayn Rand adaption will be a huge hit at Young Republican meetings across the country. :roll:

I guess that means you'll be there. :lol:

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:They've never relied on taped lead vocals, either. :lol: Btw, Journey's mega-success only lasted a few years. Want to compare their career to Van Halen's? They can put whoever they want out front and fill an arena. Hagar, Roth, Cherone. They could probably do it with "Weird" Al Yankovic.

They shouldn't have given up Gary so fast.

It was mutual.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/gary-cherone-reflects-on-his-three-year-stint-in-van-halen-70242/
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:34 am

Warner Bros' Hall H presentation next weekend will include Legendary's Godzilla: King of the Monsters.

http://ew.com/movies/2018/07/12/godzilla-king-of-the-monsters-first-look/

I can't wait for that mutha!
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:26 pm

MI: Fallout is getting raves. People are saying it's a fantastic film. Bodes well for Henry to finally be in a movie with wealthy material. Long live the 'stache.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:19 am

Awesome. A week from tomorrow!

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:17 am

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:13 pm

verslibre wrote:Get it straight, Columbo: I don't join cults, I start them.

How'd that work out for David Koresh and Marshall Applewhite?

verslibre wrote:You probably hate Ace Ventura, Pet Detective, too!

Actually, a better comparison to Halloween 3 is Ace Ventura 3 w/out Jim Carey.

verslibre wrote:General moviegoers who will never open a SACD book don't care.

Ah, so source material is important when it's comics, but not a book?
To have Sherlock & Moriarty go over Reichenbach falls by the second movie was premature.
To put it in terms you're familiar with, they shot their wad too early.

verslibre wrote:There was no immediate plan for Ledger to reprise the role, not before The Dark Knight was released, anyway. What there was, was an early two-film arc that Goyer drew up for Joker, one that involved a more classical take on the "origin" of Two-Face (who then would have been the main villain in a sequel).

Ledger's family said Heath had plans to reprise the role. Joker's dialogue also foreshadows their relationship:

"You won't kill me out of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness, and I won't kill you because you're just too much fun. I think you and I are destined to do this forever."

It's all right there in the script.

verslibre wrote:You just claimed I have bad storytelling instincts because I don't have a problem with Moriarty being the villain in Downey's second Sherlock Holmes movie. I bet you don't have a problem with Red Skull being the villain in Captain America: The First Avenger, General Zod being the villain in Man of Steel — or better yet, Ragnarok consisting of not ONE, not TWO, but THREE major storylines melted into one Velveeta-and-bologna sandwich: Hela, Surtur, Planet Hulk.

Of these three, I thought Red Skull was handled quite well. If I was a Captain America die-hard fan, I may feel differently.
In Sherlock 1, Moriarty was hidden in the shadows and hyped as a criminal mastermind. His actual appearance (and goals) in the sequel were underwhelming. All the mystery was gone. It's similar to Blofeld finally being revealed in You Only Live Twice....except the 007 series had the sense to wait awhile.

verslibre wrote:What's funny about Ragnarok is that it contains one of the biggest retcons I've seen in a movie, which you totally missed: the Hulk ending up on Sakaar...after flying off in a freakin' Quinjet at the end of The Age of Ultron. They changed it to "He flew out into space." Yeah, whatever. So somehow he drifted into space for a while, in a craft not built for space travel, and eventually took the wormhole express to the Grandmaster's planet, where they have music from the Willy Wonka soundtrack. :roll:

Ragnarok, by and large, is a romp.
Any issues (retcon or otherwise) are overlooked because the film doesn't take itself too seriously.
Meanwhile, the Snyderverse acts like its a Merchant Ivory high drama or a Tennessee Williams play.

verslibre wrote:In summary: one of Marvel's most epic storylines, Planet Hulk (which leads into World War Hulk)...reduced to a few drops of ball sweat wrung from Feige's crusted shorts — that Marvel's vast legion of defenders willingly sucked in like shit-dust blown downwind from a hog farm. :lol:

DC could learn from this. When a movie is entertaining, flaws are easily forgiven.

verslibre wrote:Too bad. As a lifelong reader of Batman, I sat there gobsmacked while watching Begins. My micro-review was "It's about time."

I feel that way about TDK.

verslibre wrote:I guess that means you'll be there. :lol:

I'm not a Republican.

verslibre wrote:It was mutual.

Yea, Gary says it was mutual. What else would you say if you got fired from your dream job?
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:32 am

We'll v, TNC...here we go my friends.

The situation: The Henry Cavill camp and WB have been in contract negotiations for Superman. WB wants Henry long-term and Cavill wants to be Superman long-term. MoS2 is on the table. A big trade had a big article ready to go and a contract was about to be finalized but the trade has been put on hold. Negotiations are now playing hardball on both sides. Mission Impossible: Fallout is going to determine Henry's Superman. The Cavill camp wants to get PAID. Dany Garcia is smart so hopefully they get it done. Let the drum roll begin..
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:54 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:Get it straight, Columbo: I don't join cults, I start them.

How'd that work out for David Koresh and Marshall Applewhite?

Those guys were delusional. Mine's simply based around sex with chicks. And Doritos. That's the best kind of cult. :lol:

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Actually, a better comparison to Halloween 3 is Ace Ventura 3 w/out Jim Carey.

You can rest assured more people have seen Halloween III.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:General moviegoers who will never open a SACD book don't care.

Ah, so source material is important when it's comics, but not a book?

Is that what I said? Read it again. How many authors have written Sherlock stories, and how many have written Batman and Superman stories? (Batman and Holmes have even collaborated!) The majority of the people who flipped out over BvS were either non-readers who latch on to the old movies like a newly devirginized guy who makes a shrine for his first used condom, or they're a chunk of fandom who prefer their CBMs light and fluffy. The real problem was all these millennials with ghost gigs jumping on the bandwagon for no reason other than to see their tweets go live.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:To have Sherlock & Moriarty go over Reichenbach falls by the second movie was premature.
To put it in terms you're familiar with, they shot their wad too early.

That may be how you feel about it. You obviously like those movies a lot more than I do. I like the modern Sherlock show with Benedict more than those movies.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:There was no immediate plan for Ledger to reprise the role, not before The Dark Knight was released, anyway. What there was, was an early two-film arc that Goyer drew up for Joker, one that involved a more classical take on the "origin" of Two-Face (who then would have been the main villain in a sequel).

Ledger's family said Heath had plans to reprise the role. Joker's dialogue also foreshadows their relationship:

"You won't kill me out of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness, and I won't kill you because you're just too much fun. I think you and I are destined to do this forever."

It's all right there in the script.

That's great dialogue. Still, not a sticker-slapped guarantee Joker was returning as the main villain in the third film. When Batman Begins ended with the Joker card reveal, the trilogy wasn't even a trilogy yet. That was Nolan supplying the Easter egg everyone wanted to see. He simply wanted to perfect his first Batman movie. He was already off planning The Prestige.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Of these three, I thought Red Skull was handled quite well. If I was a Captain America die-hard fan, I may feel differently. In Sherlock 1, Moriarty was hidden in the shadows and hyped as a criminal mastermind. His actual appearance (and goals) in the sequel were underwhelming. All the mystery was gone. It's similar to Blofeld finally being revealed in You Only Live Twice....except the 007 series had the sense to wait awhile.

Blofeld in Spectre wasn't anything to fap over, either. For a movie with the perfect actor for the villain, that's one gossamer screenplay. Like a dancer going through all the moves before s/he realized they charged out onstage during the wrong song. It's the least favorite of the Craig films, so far.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:What's funny about Ragnarok is that it contains one of the biggest retcons I've seen in a movie, which you totally missed: the Hulk ending up on Sakaar...after flying off in a freakin' Quinjet at the end of The Age of Ultron. They changed it to "He flew out into space." Yeah, whatever. So somehow he drifted into space for a while, in a craft not built for space travel, and eventually took the wormhole express to the Grandmaster's planet, where they have music from the Willy Wonka soundtrack. :roll:

Ragnarok, by and large, is a romp.

Is that supposed to be an excuse? :lol:

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Any issues (retcon or otherwise) are overlooked because the film doesn't take itself seriously.

Fixed. It was wrong for them to do it, and wrong for Marvel to approve it. But things went south in the second movie, so they just figured another joke-fest was the way to go. "It's a freaky circle!"

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Meanwhile, the Snyderverse acts like its a Merchant Ivory high drama or a Tennessee Williams play.

What Zack had planned was nothing short of awesome. Geoff Johns and others were even onboard with it. They turned on him, one by one. What WB did to Zack is something no director should have to deal with, but it's been happening a lot these last few years.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:In summary: one of Marvel's most epic storylines, Planet Hulk (which leads into World War Hulk)...reduced to a few drops of ball sweat wrung from Feige's crusted shorts — that Marvel's vast legion of defenders willingly sucked in like shit-dust blown downwind from a hog farm. :lol:

DC could learn from this. When a movie is entertaining, flaws are easily forgiven.

So now it's purely about "entertainment"? What parts of Suicide Squad aren't "entertaining"? Justice League is "entertaining." (You said you'd rather watch that over Infinity War on a Sunday afternoon, remember?) If that's all you really expect from a movie, then you have no business discussing various approaches by various directors and various studios. Leprechaun should be the standard. :lol:

Btw, a movie isn't automatically entertaining just because it has great VFX and/or cinematography and/or good actors (or an instrumental version of a Led Zeppelin song). Refer back to Spectre.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:It was mutual.

Yea, Gary says it was mutual. What else would you say if you got fired from your dream job?

Try reading it. He has mainly good things to say about his time with them. He mentions Eddie falling off the wagon. There's no bad blood. He may have enjoyed a wet dream gig, but his heart's really with his main band.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:01 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:We'll v, TNC...here we go my friends.

The situation: The Henry Cavill camp and WB have been in contract negotiations for Superman. WB wants Henry long-term and Cavill wants to be Superman long-term. MoS2 is on the table. A big trade had a big article ready to go and a contract was about to be finalized but the trade has been put on hold. Negotiations are now playing hardball on both sides. Mission Impossible: Fallout is going to determine Henry's Superman. The Cavill camp wants to get PAID. Dany Garcia is smart so hopefully they get it done. Let the drum roll begin..

They should decide it over an in-house locked-room billiard mini-tournament. :lol:

I hope this is something closer to resolution than we think. It would be awesome to see HC and MR and Batfleck show up next week. But I'll take HC and MR even if Ben doesn't.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:55 am

Wow, they should have left Avatar alone. This sequel looks like crap.

verslibre wrote:Awesome. A week from tomorrow!

Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:32 am

Monker wrote:Wow, they should have left Avatar alone. This sequel looks like crap.

HA! Fractured FX, MPC and ILM are all working on this movie. And they're not done.

You can head back to The Asylum any time. :lol:

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:46 am

Remember when Monker said Aquaman wouldn't even finish filming.

Lol.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:57 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:13 am

verslibre wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:We'll v, TNC...here we go my friends.

They should decide it over an in-house locked-room billiard mini-tournament. :lol:

I hope this is something closer to resolution than we think. It would be awesome to see HC and MR and Batfleck show up next week. But I'll take HC and MR even if Ben doesn't.

I'm expecting the worst at the moment. Cavill might want way too much and WB is scaling back for the time being. But the good news is that both sides are going hard in negotiations. It seems like a weird vibe.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:25 am

WB has the money. They can make a good Superman movie on the same budget as Aquaman. If Cav-el wants a little more, they should loosen the purse-strings and have him commit to a couple solo films and several appearances in other movies (including a possible team/event film). Just keep him on for another decade.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:58 pm

Monker wrote:Wow, they should have left Avatar alone. This sequel looks like crap.

Lol. I was kinda thinking Farscape.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:02 pm

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Mission Impossible: Fallout is going to determine Henry's Superman.

MOS's future should be determined by the success of MOS - not one of Cruise's increasingly irrelevant pet projects.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:22 pm

verslibre wrote:Those guys were delusional. Mine's simply based around sex with chicks. And Doritos. That's the best kind of cult. :lol:

Your Dorito-dust encrusted fingers is prolly causing alot of yeast infections!

verslibre wrote:You can rest assured more people have seen Halloween III.

Perhaps. It's still a turkey of a movie.

verslibre wrote:Is that what I said? Read it again. How many authors have written Sherlock stories, and how many have written Batman and Superman stories? (Batman and Holmes have even collaborated!) The majority of the people who flipped out over BvS were either non-readers who latch on to the old movies like a newly devirginized guy who makes a shrine for his first used condom, or they're a chunk of fandom who prefer their CBMs light and fluffy. The real problem was all these millennials with ghost gigs jumping on the bandwagon for no reason other than to see their tweets go live.

I own a Batman / Judge Dredd team up. DC recently did a Batman / Shadow team up, which should have been awesome. I gave up after 4 issues.

verslibre wrote:That may be how you feel about it. You obviously like those movies a lot more than I do. I like the modern Sherlock show with Benedict more than those movies.

The BBC version is ok. A little convoluted at times, but that's Steve Moffat for ya. However, even that show didn't have Moriarty revealed until the final episode of Season 1.

verslibre wrote:That's great dialogue. Still, not a sticker-slapped guarantee Joker was returning as the main villain in the third film.

TDK set up the Joker-Batman relationship. I don't think Nolan would have ended his series without expanding on it at least one more time.

verslibre wrote:Blofeld in Spectre wasn't anything to fap over, either. For a movie with the perfect actor for the villain, that's one gossamer screenplay. Like a dancer going through all the moves before s/he realized they charged out onstage during the wrong song. It's the least favorite of the Craig films, so far.

It's actually my favorite Craig film. But the retcon of Blofeld being behind the actions of the previous films is a joke. Personally, I think Barbara Broccoli should go. I don't think her father would have even considered hiring Craig. I'd have kept Brosnan around like Moore til he needed a walker.

verslibre wrote:What Zack had planned was nothing short of awesome. Geoff Johns and others were even onboard with it. They turned on him, one by one. What WB did to Zack is something no director should have to deal with, but it's been happening a lot these last few years.

I think the extended version of BvsS is pretty good. Replace Eisenberg with an actual actor and you almost have a real movie.

verslibre wrote:So now it's purely about "entertainment"? What parts of Suicide Squad aren't "entertaining"? Justice League is "entertaining." (You said you'd rather watch that over Infinity War on a Sunday afternoon, remember?) If that's all you really expect from a movie, then you have no business discussing various approaches by various directors and various studios. Leprechaun should be the standard. :lol:

Much of Suicide Squad was an incomprehensible chore. Leprechaun 1 sucks. Part 3 in Vegas is highly entertaining. I think most people go to the movies to be entertained, regardless of the genre.

verslibre wrote:Btw, a movie isn't automatically entertaining just because it has great VFX and/or cinematography and/or good actors (or an instrumental version of a Led Zeppelin song). Refer back to Spectre.

Refer back to me saying that Spectre was the best and most Bondian entry in the misbegotten Craig era. Different strokes for different folks, man.

verslibre wrote:Try reading it. He has mainly good things to say about his time with them. He mentions Eddie falling off the wagon. There's no bad blood. He may have enjoyed a wet dream gig, but his heart's really with his main band.

Don't believe everything you read.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:41 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:Mission Impossible: Fallout is going to determine Henry's Superman.

MOS's future should be determined by the success of MOS - not one of Cruise's increasingly irrelevant pet projects.

It's coming down to negotiations/money now as Henry as a professional. Regardless, DC is softbooting so we all know MoS is old contractual news. Henry's next outing is MI:6 and he's more than likely making an appearance in Shazam! so it's tricky. Cavill's camp is playing hardball and it took a turn. Doesn't make me feel confident but at the same time, his camp should do their job and make the toppest dollar they can make. Henry got shafted as Superman so he has a point. WB also has a point in that his Superman wasn't the slam dunk they had hoped..but the material and studio failed them. We'll see what happens but I don't think it'll be resolved anytime soon. They almost had it finalized for SDCC but I bet both parties are waiting for the performance of MI:6.

Also, the joker card could include Christopher McQuarrie, the director of MI:6. Henry wants him for Superman so negotiations may include McQuarrie as well.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:22 am

Last edited by verslibre on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:29 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Your Dorito-dust encrusted fingers is prolly causing alot of yeast infections!

Nah, I lick 'em first. :lol:

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Perhaps. It's still a turkey of a movie.

Nah.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:TDK set up the Joker-Batman relationship. I don't think Nolan would have ended his series without expanding on it at least one more time.

For a full movie? Nah. Not necessarily. There's no confirmation of that anywhere. There's only speculation.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:Blofeld in Spectre wasn't anything to fap over, either. For a movie with the perfect actor for the villain, that's one gossamer screenplay. Like a dancer going through all the moves before s/he realized they charged out onstage during the wrong song. It's the least favorite of the Craig films, so far.

It's actually my favorite Craig film. But the retcon of Blofeld being behind the actions of the previous films is a joke. Personally, I think Barbara Broccoli should go. I don't think her father would have even considered hiring Craig. I'd have kept Brosnan around like Moore til he needed a walker.

Really? Casino Royale and Skyfall both kick its ass. If there was more story-meat to back up those grandiose set pieces, Spectre could have been the best one yet. Could have been.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Much of Suicide Squad was an incomprehensible chore.

Nah. What's that word you like? It was a romp. :wink:

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Leprechaun 1 sucks.

Nah. It's the best one. The sequels get progressively more silly. It's not like the Phantasm films, where some of the sequels are nearly on par with the original.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Different strokes for different folks, man.

First time I've heard you proffer such a sentiment. :lol:

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Don't believe everything you read.

Don't believe everything you hear.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Deb » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:53 am

verslibre wrote:Image

Hellz ya!! Badass!!
Now Playing: Green Tinted Sixties Mind - Live. https://youtu.be/e9YPFXVNINU?si=zDfcdUBpoaDSatLG
Deb
MP3

Postby verslibre » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:37 am

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:57 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Remember when Monker said Aquaman wouldn't even finish filming.

I doubt I ever said that. Quote it.

When filming starts, it usually finishes for something like Aquaman...unless something catastrophic happens.

After SS, I may have said that it may never be released. And, i said it was up to WW to keep DC alive. And, it was up to the Superfriends movie to be a success or the the DC universe was going to die...and that is pretty much what has happened. They should have added the Wonder Twins, it could have been so much better.

Now you have a bunch of stand alone movies. You are WAY over estimating the draw of Harley Quinn. DC is no more a threat to Marvel than Universal, and less than a threat than Fox was.

There has to be an entire reimagining of the DCEU and how to get there...because Snyder failed. If you don't believe that, that's fine...keep playing in Snyder's DC sand box, which has turned into a litter box with a few turds in it.
Monker
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:54 pm

You said it. And the success of Wonder Woman made them reposition how they approached their universe. The moment Wonder Woman broke through, was a cultural, BO and criticical success, the wheels immediately began changing. Reports of rebranding came out way before JL even hit theaters. It flipped. JL was going to be the film but once BvS critically bombed and WW was the polar opposite, execs decided to throw away JL
Literally. There is no better reactionary studio than WB. I've been saying for years, even in the BvS days that no matter what happens as far as Superman and Batman (the expectations were humongous) it was Wonder Woman that needed to hit the most in BvS.

The DCEU was always going to have the sandbox approach that Snyder described whether or not he stayed or left. But there really is no point in discussing this. Aquaman is basically the beginning of the new DCU. How and what they connect to prior films is yet to be seen.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:52 am

Monker wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:Remember when Monker said Aquaman wouldn't even finish filming.

I doubt I ever said that. Quote it.

"Quote me or I never said or insinuated it" is the new standard, I see. :lol:

Monker wrote:After SS, I may have said that it may never be released.

Quote yourself. Did you really say that? If you did, that was a mighty presumptuous thing to say. That movie had nothing to do with Aquaman. It's a Batverse movie (and one Flash villain).

Monker wrote:Now you have a bunch of stand alone movies.

And?

Monker wrote:You are WAY over estimating the draw of Harley Quinn.

Wrong. She's the main draw of Suicide Squad, a $748 million grossing film, however which way you cut it. What Marvel is overestimating is the draw of a Black Widow solo movie. Five years too late for that. They just want to ride Wonder Woman's wave.

Monker wrote:DC is no more a threat to Marvel than Universal, and less than a threat than Fox was.

What a strange thing to say, considering Fox was never a threat. Also, have a gander at how underwhelming the box office performance of X-Men: Apocalypse was. It made over 200 million less than Days of Future Past. One of the reasons that BS guy didn't get to do Dark Phoenix, among...other things. :wink:

(And First Class, a movie I like a lot, fell short, too.)

Monker wrote:There has to be an entire reimagining of the DCEU and how to get there...because Snyder failed. If you don't believe that, that's fine...keep playing in Snyder's DC sand box, which has turned into a litter box with a few turds in it.

Sure, sure. Whatever makes you feel better. Let's see if your remarks still apply in a world with Aquaman, Wonder Woman '84 and The Batman. :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:44 am

For those who think the new DC movies aren't set in the same continuity. :wink:

(And yes, it's a real prop from the film.)

(Also: check the date.)

David Sandberg, director: https://twitter.com/DCFilmsHub/status/1019346000912244736
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:33 am

Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:12 am

Hot damn!

verslibre
Compact Disc

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara