SP Warming UP for CBS Sunday Morning show & a new Album?

Strange Talking Street Medicine

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Re: SP Warming UP for CBS Sunday Morning show & a new Album

Postby scarab » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:32 am

Well glad I was wrong but being a Perry fan forever its been a will he or wont he since 1988.
I just hope the main reason he isnt doing this for the amateur contest, but pretty cool nevertheless.
Hope part of the reason is to promote a new album. Guess we will find out in the next months or so as I am sure there will be more publicity (and I hope interviews) than this.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby nylady » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:01 am

It seems that basically these reports are based on a couple of social media reports that Steve was here, there, and wherever and many are making assumptions as to what it might mean. Online websites (ultclassicrock, blabbermouth, etc.) are gathering rumors from social media and reporting those rumors as clickbait, and that passes for reporting. Sad.

While it would be great if Steve is planning to finally release some music, think I’ll wait until there is concrete confirmation from FA, or someone actually associated with SP to get my hopes up.
nylady
Ol' 78

Postby tater1977 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:38 am

Yea it's not worth posting anymore, till official word comes down the pike.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby perryfan61 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:51 am

tater1977 wrote:Yea it's not worth posting anymore, till official word comes down the pike.

At least we won't have long to wait. If nothing comes down by October, I guess it was another false alarm.
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby bellairepark73 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:16 pm

Really? That's all the excitement y'all got for this? He is gonna give an interview OCTOBER 7 on CBS Sunday Morning and that's ALL the excitement y'all got? Seriously?

He appears on A.I. and that's just meh for some. He is seen being filmed by CBS crew for the upcoming segment and same meh reaction. When was the last time y'all remember STEVE doing something like THAT? OVER 20 years ago on E.T.

Guy can't catch a break. Sorry Steve.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby tater1977 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:00 pm

Doing the Alaska and west coast thing for 3 weeks. Running
away from reality and going to fantasyland. :lol:
Turn off the phone and laptops. BBL
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby ScarabFan » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:59 pm

bellairepark73 wrote:Really? That's all the excitement y'all got for this? He is gonna give an interview OCTOBER 7 on CBS Sunday Morning and that's ALL the excitement y'all got? Seriously?

He appears on A.I. and that's just meh for some. He is seen being filmed by CBS crew for the upcoming segment and same meh reaction. When was the last time y'all remember STEVE doing something like THAT? OVER 20 years ago on E.T.

I guess we're all pretty jaded when it comes to any Steve Perry news. He's broken our hearts too many times at this point.
ScarabFan
Ol' 78

Postby perryfan61 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:30 pm

tater1977 wrote:Doing the Alaska and west coast thing for 3 weeks. Running
away from reality and going to fantasyland. :lol:
Turn off the phone and laptops. BBL

Enjoy your escape from reality.We will miss your posts. At least you will be back by Oct 7 :D :D
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby nylady » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:02 am

Tater, have a wonderful trip and enjoy your ‘disconnect’ time!

We have yet to see any confirmation that the interview will be aired in October. Again, that seems to have come from some social media posts from others, not from Perry, CBS, or Fan Asylum. We also have no idea what the interview, if it does air, will cover. It could well be Steve reminiscing about growing up in Hanford since that is where it appears that something was filmed.

When Steve stepped out with the Eels we all thought that was a prelude to something more to come. That was 4 years ago and there has been….nada. I’ll restrain my excitement until there is actually something more than speculation and unconfirmed rumors to get excited about.
nylady
Ol' 78

Re: SP Warming UP ?

Postby Pacfanweb » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:04 pm

bellairepark73 wrote:The internet is going crazy over it. No overstatement.
A friend of mine who is a professional singer measured his range and gave a quick assessment that it is Frontier level.

From that clip?
LOL

How can you even tell which voice is Steve's? I don't know what the other dudes normally sound like. For all we know, Perry is the low end on that harmony.

Now if he is the high end, that's not bad. But I can't tell from that little bit, and not knowing what the other guys voices sound like.
Pacfanweb
45 RPM

Postby Greg » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:04 am

Pacfanweb wrote:
bellairepark73 wrote:The internet is going crazy over it. No overstatement.
A friend of mine who is a professional singer measured his range and gave a quick assessment that it is Frontier level.

From that clip?
LOL

How can you even tell which voice is Steve's? I don't know what the other dudes normally sound like. For all we know, Perry is the low end on that harmony.

Now if he is the high end, that's not bad. But I can't tell from that little bit, and not knowing what the other guys voices sound like.

I can clearly hear Perry's voice and he is definitely not the low-end, he's doing the higher vocal harmonies. I do know what these guys sound like as I'm a pretty big fan of TTWS. Perry definitely adds a high range that is not normally present on Walk On The Ocean.
Greg
Cassette Tape

Postby JohnH » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:09 am

A friend with inside info just posted it’s about to happen imminently. Let’s see- and yeah I’ll believe it too when I see it.
JohnH
8 Track

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:47 am

bellairepark73 wrote:A friend of mine who is a professional singer measured his range and gave a quick assessment that it is Frontier level.

Range can't be measured by a clip that lasts only a few seconds. C'mon. Perry sounds pleasant. That's about it.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby JohnH » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:24 am

Yeah- I would still love to hear his lower voice. 1983 ain’t possible. It’s ok!
JohnH
8 Track

Postby Sighlence » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:04 am

JohnH wrote:A friend with inside info just posted it’s about to happen imminently. Let’s see- and yeah I’ll believe it too when I see it.

Posted where?
Sighlence
Ol' 78

Postby Andrew » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:02 am

Sassie wrote:I can't wait to see the special and I can't wait to get my hands om the CD. Only thing missing is another interview right here on MR! :D Is that possible?

I don’t think I’ve done a full feature interview since my last one with Steve. I would contemplate coming out of retirement for a new one :)
Andrew
Administrator

Postby JohnH » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:53 pm

Sighlence wrote:
JohnH wrote:A friend with inside info just posted it’s about to happen imminently. Let’s see- and yeah I’ll believe it too when I see it.

Posted where?

His personal FB Page, sorry that wasn’t clear.
JohnH
8 Track

Postby perryfan61 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:44 am

Andrew wrote:
Sassie wrote:I can't wait to see the special and I can't wait to get my hands om the CD. Only thing missing is another interview right here on MR! :D Is that possible?

I don’t think I’ve done a full feature interview since my last one with Steve. I would contemplate coming out of retirement for a new one :)

Wouldn't that be awesome!!
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby Sassie » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:42 pm

It sure would be awesome. The last interview was great. I would love to read another one. I read an interview you did and I didn't care a thing about the person you were talking to...until I read your interview. Not that I don't care about Steve Perry, why else would I be here, but maybe the powers that be could arrange that. :roll: I know I'm a little obvious but I really would love to read it.
On my way to better things......I found myself some wings

Dream the joys of pearls and gold, And our angels wings in flight unfold.
Sassie
8 Track

Postby RPM » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:52 am

Andew did an awesome job on that interview, I really enjoyed it. A lots changed since then. Andrew was younger,
Not retired, and a republican .....all good things must end...haha......I hope he gets another with S.P. !
"Remember Suzanne, those summer nights, those summer nights with me"
RPM
Cassette Tape

Postby Memorex » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:04 am

Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby steveo777 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:05 pm

Are we getting jerked off again?
Anything is possible...
steveo777
MP3

Postby scarab » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:55 am

Pretty cool he is surprising people doing a talent show in is hometown.
Hope I am wrong but if their is a CBS Sunday Morn Interview I doubt he will only say he has an album recorded and he would like to release it in the very near future.
My guess is he got a kick out the American Idol "surprise".

It would really nice though to show clips of him singing in the studio.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Andrew » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:34 pm

RPM wrote:Andew did an awesome job on that interview, I really enjoyed it. A lots changed since then. Andrew was younger,
Not retired, and a republican .....all good things must end...haha......I hope he gets another with S.P. !

Never a republican! haha
Andrew
Administrator

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:37 pm

RPM wrote:Andew did an awesome job on that interview, I really enjoyed it. A lots changed since then. Andrew was younger,

I miss the MR interviews in general. But I understand alot of musicians can be a pain in the ass.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby Aaron » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:43 pm

DAMN. :)

Andrew wrote:

Never a republican! haha
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby RPM » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:02 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:

I miss the MR interviews in general. But I understand alot of musicians can be a pain in the ass.

I do as well. Andrew has a real talent for it, have enjoyed many he has done.
"Remember Suzanne, those summer nights, those summer nights with me"
RPM
Cassette Tape

Postby bellairepark73 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:51 pm

ScarabFan wrote:
bellairepark73 wrote:Really? That's all the excitement y'all got for this? He is gonna give an interview OCTOBER 7 on CBS Sunday Morning and that's ALL the excitement y'all got? Seriously?

I guess we're all pretty jaded when it comes to any Steve Perry news. He's broken our hearts too many times at this point.

How? Any unrealistic expectations are our own.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby bellairepark73 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:56 pm

scarab wrote:Pretty cool he is surprising people doing a talent show in is hometown.
Hope I am wrong but if their is a CBS Sunday Morn Interview I doubt he will only say he has an album recorded and he would like to release it in the very near future.

He's gonna be doing a lot more than that soon. Lora, Cyndy and Tim were right to keep things to themselves. Suffice it to say...does anyone live in San Diego and so...you heard about it already. It's gonna happen people and WAAAAYYY before October.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby tater1977 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:22 am

bellairepark73 wrote:
scarab wrote:Pretty cool he is surprising people doing a talent show in is hometown.

He's gonna be doing a lot more than that soon. Lora, Cyndy and Tim were right to keep things to themselves. Suffice it to say...does anyone live in San Diego and so...you heard about it already. It's gonna happen people and WAAAAYYY before October.

A FB rumor that someone heard a San Diego DJ that SP'S new CD drops shortly , in a few weeks, in Oct. :?:
I'll wait for SP and/or his management to officially announce it.
tater1977
Compact Disc

PreviousNext

Return to Steve Perry