steveperry.com :)
Lora
8 Track

Re: StevePerry.com

Postby tater1977 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:45 am

It's been a long time comin' .

Thanks Lora

:lol:
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby Greg » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:46 am

WHOA!!!! IT's official now! :D
Greg
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:53 am

Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby indigo » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:01 am

Thank you so much. You have been a busy girl!
My blood pressure has skyrocketed, but it's worth it!!!!
indigo
45 RPM

Postby tater1977 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:02 am

If he' sticking his toe in the water again demit, tell him
to jump in with both feet.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby bluejeangirl76 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:15 am

OK, you caught the tater. :lol:

I'll un-retire for this. What's SMFP up to? :shock:

bluejeangirl76
MP3

Postby nylady » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:31 am

This just gave me a reason to smile on a rainy, dreary Monday morning. Coming from Lora and FA, now we know it’s really happening. Good things do come to those who wait!
nylady
Ol' 78

Postby Scarab Pilot » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:36 am

"Well let me tell you what problems Steve Perry has. The only problem Steve Perry has is that he's alive just like you are and he has to wake up in the morning like you do and he has to face the world exactly like you do. " ~ Steve Perry
Scarab Pilot
LP

Postby Lora » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:55 am

tater1977 wrote:If he' sticking his toe in the water again demit, tell him

Definitely both feet.
Lora
8 Track

Postby RedWingFan » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:14 am

Lora wrote:
tater1977 wrote:If he' sticking his toe in the water again demit, tell him

Definitely both feet.

C'mon Lora, what's going on?
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Rhiannon » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:11 am

:wink:
Rhiannon
MP3

Postby Frontiers65 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:31 am

So happy it's finally happening!
Frontiers65
45 RPM

Postby Greg » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:59 am

And suddenly out of the woodwork comes all of these posters of whom I haven't seen in almost 10 years LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Greg
Cassette Tape

Postby bluejeangirl76 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:09 am

Greg wrote:And suddenly out of the woodwork comes all of these posters of whom I haven't seen in almost 10 years LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't worry. That's very typical of us.

And it's only been 6 or 7. :lol:
bluejeangirl76
MP3

Postby ohsherrie » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:10 am

I can't think of anything to say. This is beyond exciting!
ohsherrie
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Greg » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:31 am

bluejeangirl76 wrote:
Greg wrote:And suddenly out of the woodwork comes all of these posters of whom I haven't seen in almost 10 years LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't worry. That's very typical of us.

And it's only been 6 or 7. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Seems longer than that! Maybe it's been longer for me! :wink:
Greg
Cassette Tape

Postby donnaplease » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:40 am

SOOO exciting! :D
donnaplease
Stereo LP

Postby Gideon » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:53 am

Looking forward to this in a big way.
'Nothing was bigger for Journey than 1981’s “Escape” album. “I have to attribute that to Jonathan coming in and joining the writing team,” Steve Perry (Feb 2012).'
Gideon
Stereo LP

Postby SusieP » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:00 am

I was thinking of unfollowing Fan asylum on Facebook and Twitter because nothing seemed to be happening.
Checked my twitter feed just now and ................. wow. A facebook and a twitter and a website.

There is hopefully a CD to follow - if not there's going to be a LOT of disappointed fans.

Hope the Master carrot dangler is finally ready to deliver.

And I think Neal's coffee has gone cold.

http://www.smoothduo.co.uk
https://www.facebook.com/SuzeFromSmoothDuo/ Twitter @smoothduo
Rest In Peace Deano.
SusieP
Stereo LP

Postby perryfan61 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:03 am

Well, I admit I was ready to give up hope, but now this has started the excitement again. I just hope it's the real deal :lol:
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby cinkidd » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:15 am

Somewhere Wix is having multiple orgasms.

Rich the Multiple Guy
Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
cinkidd
45 RPM

Postby tater1977 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:28 am

Journey’s Steve Perry Teases First New Music In 24 Years
James Rettig @jamsrettig | August 13, 2018

https://www.stereogum.com/2009927/journ ... ears/news/

It looks like former Journey frontman Steve Perry is gearing up to put out his first new material in 24 years, since the release of his 1994 solo album For The Love Of Strange Medicine. A flurry of social media activity for Perry recently went live, including posts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, all teasing a comeback with the phrase “I Know It’s Been A Long Time Comin’.”

Last year, Perry reunited with Journey for the first time in over a decade when the band was inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.

Perry is scheduled to appear on CBS This Morning on 10/7, which presumably means we’ll know more about his new music before then.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:39 am

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/steve-pe ... ack-clues/

Aug 13, 2018

New posts on several social media platforms suggest that Steve Perry is poised to make a major announcement.
If they are real, it could mean that the former Journey frontman is preparing to release his first album since 1994's For the Love of Strange Medicine.

Newly created Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts, all of which claim to be official even though they're not verified, posted the same thing: a video of the phrase "I know it's been a long time comin' ... " and a link to steveperry.com, which consists solely of that graphic.

The image can also be found on Perry's YouTube channel, which was created last month.

Journey guitarist Neal Schon retweeted the post, but when we reached out to him for comment, he, too, was unsure if it was real.

Perry had hoped to put out a record last year, following the death of his girlfriend. "I met someone and I fell in love with this person," he said. "And I lost this person to breast cancer four years ago. In the midst of that, I had written some songs, and before I met her I had sketched some. And so about a year ago, I started recording."

He added that the process was "a real cathartic experience going back to that emotional place that I thought I would never go back to. And we really have been doing our very best to capture what I think are some timeless songs."

Three weeks ago, it was revealed that Perry was interviewed by CBS Sunday Morning for a segment that will be broadcast on Oct. 7.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:32 am

Steve Perry May Be Teasing Long-Awaited Solo Album

https://101kgb.iheart.com/content/2018- ... ged_social

posted by Andrew Magnotta - Aug 13, 2018

It's been so long since Steve Perry has shown off his legendary singing voice in public, many have come to wonder if he even can still do it.

Perry's lack of new music, his reluctance to tour and his refusal to perform at Journey's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction last year only added to doubts, but there have been positive signs recently.

The most promising signals are the newly established Steve Perry social media accounts on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Each account, including Perry's longstanding YouTube account, has a short video posted to it.

"I know it's been a long time comin'..." reads the apparently handwritten text in the video and on Perry's website.
Perry's last solo album was 1994's For the Love of Strange Medicine.'

There are other signs of life as well. Perry appeared on American Idol this spring to congratulate a contestant on her rendition of "Don't Stop Believin'." He recently filmed a CBS Sunday Morning segment which is scheduled to air October 7. Perry was also caught in a recording studio, singing backgrounds for Toad the Wet Sprocket.

Perry skeptics are wise to preach caution here. The singer is such a mercurial icon that this very well could be an elaborate prank — surely someone would think it's funny to toy with the hearts of millions of hopeful fans. While all the accounts claim to be "official," none of them are verified yet (that process takes time).

Journey guitarist Neal Schon, who has expressed nothing but optimism about Perry potentially reigniting his music career, couldn't speak to the veracity of the accounts.

Rumor has held that Perry has been kicking around ideas for a solo album for years. He reportedly planned to record in 2017, but it's not clear if those sessions ever occurred.

The singer last worked with Journey in 1996. He planned to tour on the group's Trial by Fire album, but a hip injury and disillusionment with touring caused him to part ways with the band two years later without ever supporting the album on tour.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:54 pm

On Andrews front page -

http://melodicrock.com/articles/news-fe ... his-return

STEVE PERRY At Long Last Signals His Return

Legendary AOR vocalist STEVE PERRY is BACK!

Well, not quite, but prepare yourselves for a well organised media campaign and NEW MUSIC.

Finally, the former frontman of Journey and driving force along with Neal Schon and Jonathan Cain behind some of the 80s biggest rock anthems, returns in 2018 after a decades long absence that has only been punctuated with a handful of brief public cameos: Hollywood Walk Of Fame Star ceremony with Journey in 2005; Baseball’s World Series in 2010; interviews in 2011 to discuss Sony’s Journey & Steve Perry catalogue reissues; joining The Eels on stage in 2014; and most recently just last year, the 2017 Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame ceremony to induct Journey.

He has teased fans with talk of new music along the way, in my own 2011 interview with Steve, he talked about commencing the recording process for new material.

Steve: “I've been sketching everything in my laptop in just a demo sketch form. And the good news is I've got some really fun moments in there, great things going. The bad news is that they're demos right now and they're just sketches.
I'm my own worst enemy. I have always been. I'll play things for friends and they just think they're really great. And they'll tell me the truth if they're not. I'll say, “Gee, my voice is a little out of tune here. I've got to sing this again. This bugs me, that bugs me.” And they'll say, “I'm sorry, I don't' hear that.” But I do. And so, you know, that's the problem.
I would never stop until I was happy. But I have been known to walk past some emotional moments reaching for things that I think could be better.”

So is 2018 really the year it will finally happen? Yes!

Steve Perry recently recorded a feature TV interview with CBS’ Sunday Morning program, which is the same outlet that did a Journey profile feature back in 2008.
The program is set to air Sunday, October 7.

Steve has just simultaneously launched his new social media platforms, which you can follow at the following links:

http://www.steveperry.com
http://www.facebook.com/steveperrymusic
http://www.instagram.com/steveperrymusic/
http://www.youtube.com/steveperrymusic
http://www.twitter.com/steveperrymusic

The 5 second video is a simple greeting: “I know it’s been a long time comin’…”

Yes it has. But I can confirm this is a definite music related publicity campaign. The long awaited new solo album is his first since 1994’s “For The Love Of Strange Medicine” and his first new music at all since the 1998 soundtrack song “I Stand Alone”.

Steve Perry has a new record deal, new management and as you have witnessed today, a new media presence ready to go (with new logo).

Stay tuned for more details ASAP.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:51 pm

Sam Cooke - It's been a long time coming - A Change Is Gonna Come

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up_e3GRV484

- HMMMM :lol:
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:17 pm

Rock History Music
Published on Aug 13, 2018

New Online Message Proves Steve Perry Is Back
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cv_myw ... outu.be&a=
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby steveo777 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:30 pm

It will be great to hear from him again, but I hope we are not being trolled.
steveo777
MP3

Postby tater1977 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:43 pm

FB RUMOR :?: :?: :?:

Eddie Trunk on SiriusXm will have Steve Perry on his show ,Wednesday
1-3pm CST on Channel 106 Volume -

So will Eddie just talk about SP or will SP actually be on his show :?:
tater1977
Compact Disc

Next

Return to Steve Perry