Journey 2018 Tour

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Re: Journey 2018 Tour

Postby tater1977 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:48 am

Gideon wrote:https://twitter.com/NealSchonMusic/status/1029001815357054977

^ TNC's coke theory is looking more and more plausible every goddamn day. :roll: :lol:

Neal Schon Suggests Conspiracy Against Himself and His Wife
:roll:
posted by Andrew Magnotta - Aug 13, 2018

https://101kgb.iheart.com/content/2018- ... =editorial

It's starting to seem like Journey can't tour without Neal Schon airing his grievance du jour via social media...
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:00 pm

Def Leppard, Journey share Fenway
Jed Gottlieb Monday, August 13, 2018

http://www.bostonherald.com/entertainme ... are_fenway

In the ’80s, when Journey and Def Leppard hit peak popularity, the idea of the two touring together would have seemed silly. Back then “Don’t Stop Believin’ ” and “Photograph” appealed to different demographics; people argued they had diametrically opposed attitudes and aesthetics. Today it’s those differences that seem silly.

And so Journey and Def Leppard have set out together on a monster trek of American stadiums — including a packed stop at Fenway Park Saturday.

Selling nostalgia like $10 Bud Lights and peeling off hits you know by heart (only one song from the modern millennium, Def Leppard’s “Man Enough,” could be heard in over three hours of music), the pair reveled in their status as rock gods with pop souls.

Journey, which headlined the night (the bands swap that position every show), found its beloved balance between Van Halen’s bombast and Air Supply’s earnest melodies.

With the band’s longtime members deep into their 60s, current frontman Arnel Pineda provided the focal point. Guitarist Neal Schon once called Pineda a mix of David Lee Roth and Bruce Lee, and he’s not wrong. The guy can spin and kick and leap with the best of them. But his voice, which amazingly matches Steve Perry’s every cry and coo and chant of na na na na
na na, shocked Journey’s icon catalog to life from “Separate Ways” to “Lovin’, Touchin’ Squeezin’ ” to “Open Arms.”

The other guys matter (after all they co-wrote the catalog). Schon can wail but he wants wail in every song and sometimes the shredding hip-checked a killer melody to the ground. Keyboardist Jonathan Cain plays his role with flair but his look and overly earnest attitude scream, “What can I do to get you into this Gulf Coast timeshare today!” Hometown drummer Steve Smith outshined them both and might be the only guy who could fill in for Neil Peart or Stewart Copeland.

But this set was Pineda’s, not something one usually says about a singer a band discovered on YouTube 35 years into their career.

Def Leppard, which should headline every night, crafts songs any artist could turn into Top 40 magic...
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:24 am

tater1977 wrote:
It's starting to seem like Journey can't tour without Neal Schon airing his grievance du jour via social media...

In addition to being whacked out, I think he's also trying to piss of management.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby Gideon » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:26 am

Fact Finder wrote:Journey/Def Leppard Tour Hits $50 Million (And Counting), $20 Million In Stadiums

https://www.pollstar.com/article/journe ... ums-136095

Good deal. Maybe Neal can use the profits to see a fucking therapist. It's a damn shame that someone so gifted is freefalling into the abyss of narcissism, sensationalism, and conspiracy this late in his career.
'Nothing was bigger for Journey than 1981’s “Escape” album. “I have to attribute that to Jonathan coming in and joining the writing team,” Steve Perry (Feb 2012).'
Gideon
Stereo LP

Postby tater1977 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:21 am

Journey and Def Leppard Rock Hot Tours List, GOT7 Debuts
8/17/2018 by Eric Frankenberg

https://www.billboard.com/articles/colu ... iz_touring

Journey and Def Leppard lead the newest Hot Tours round-up (below) with the second leg of their co-headline tour. They reported 17 shows to Billboard Boxscore for a total gross of $30,384,259. The second leg of their six-month trek spanned July 1 to 28 and ranged from 8,500-seat arenas to 45,000-capacity baseball parks, the largest of which was the sold-out show at Denver’s Coors Field, home of the Colorado Rockies, on July 21.

The rock veterans have a combined 33 top 40-charting singles on the Billboard Hot 100 and 26 top 40 albums on the Billboard 200. Def Leppard’s Hysteria ranked as the No. 25 biggest album of all time on the Billboard 200 chart, while Journey’s Escape placed at No. 47.

As noted above, the co-headline tour has considerable range in capacity around the country. While Journey and Def Leppard are both powerful touring acts individually, they brought in some extra juice for the bigger shows on this run. Cheap Trick guested at their show at Minneapolis’ Target Field and The Pretenders supported four dates in Denver, Atlanta, Chicago, and Detroit.

Check out the full top 10 of the Hot Tours tally below

HOT TOURS - AUG. 18, 2018

Ranked by Gross, Compiled from Boxscores reported Aug. 7-14

ACT

Total Gross

Show Date Range

Venue, City (Shows/Sellouts)

Total Attendance (Capacity)

RANK

Journey & Def Leppard

$30,384,529

July 1-28

SunTrust Arena, Atlanta (1/1)

Ruoff Home Mortgage Music Center, Noblesville, Ind. (1/1)

FedEx Forum, Memphis, Tenn. (0/1)

Verizon Arena, North Little Rock, Ark. (1/1)

BOK Center, Tulsa (1/1)

KFC Yum! Center, Louisville, Ky. (1/1)

Comerica Park, Detroit (1/1)

Wrigley Field, Chicago (1/1)

American Family Insurance Amphitheater, Milwaukee (1/1)

INTRUST Bank Arena, Wichita, Kan. (1/1)

Denny Sanford Premier Center, Sioux Falls, S.D. (1/1)

Pinnacle Bank Arena, Lincoln, Neb. (0/1)

Coors Field, Denver (1/1)

Wells Fargo Arena, Des Moines, Iowa (1/1)

Sprint Center, Kansas City (1/1)

Target Field, Minneapolis (1/1)

Fargodome, Fargo, N.D. (0/1)

340,157 (346,982)

Taylor Swift

$18,089,415

Aug. 10-11

Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta (2/2)

116,746 (116,746)

Kenny Chesney

$5,471,438

Aug. 11

Nissan Stadium, Nashville (1/1)

55,182 (55,182)

Billy Joel

$4,777,835

Aug. 10

Fenway Park, Boston (1/1)

36,455 (36,455)

Imagine Dragons

$2,952,169

July 21-Aug. 7

The Forum, Inglewood, Calif. (2/2)

Amphitheater at the Wharf, Orange Beach, Ala. (1/1)

38,374 (38,374)

Jeff Lynne's ELO

$2,910,416

Aug. 4-5

25,636 (25,636)

Rod Stewart

$2,808,343

Aug. 4-7

Atlantic City Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, N.J. (1/1)

Madison Square Garden, New York (1/1)

23,757 (23,757)

Phish

$1,642,872

July 27-28

23,482 (23,482)

GOT7

$1,303,154

July 6

The Forum, Inglewood, Calif. (0/1)

9,600 (10,371)

Paramore

$889,150

July 18

The Forum, Inglewood, Calif. (1/1)

13,475 (13,475)
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:56 am

NEAL SCHON MUSIC @NealSchonMusic

Was Great to Hang and Talk with @chrisjerico1000 our show with in Tampa Florida- Up and Coming IPod interview Soon!
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:18 pm

ST Louis Post - Dispatch

https://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/ ... b5d6f.html

- full article

Cain says he has been writing and has a new song he's high on but it's not
done yet and Arnel and Neal have ideas also.
Thinks next year would be a good time to dive into new sounds.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby JourneyHard » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:57 am

tater1977 wrote:ST Louis Post - Dispatch

https://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/ ... b5d6f.html

- full article

Cain says he has been writing and has a new song he's high on but it's not
done yet and Arnel and Neal have ideas also.
Thinks next year would be a good time to dive into new sounds.

Journey should take a year off from touring and make a new album. Then they can tour in 2020 refreshed and energized.
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:24 am

Terry L @animal33540
neal where online can i get 2018 tour gear thanks

Lol good question I’ve been saying we need our own store. Something like what Steve Perry just came with.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:53 am

Journey, Def Leppard revisit their ’80s heyday at Busch Stadium

By Daniel Durchholz Special to the Post-Dispatch

https://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/ ... a9d36.html

St. Louis rock fans with long memories will recall that Friday night’s concert at Busch Stadium was not the first time that co-headlining act Journey played a concert at a venue with that name.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame band played Busch Stadium II on June 29, 1980 — the “Grand Slam” Super Jam — co-headlining with Sammy Hagar. That show may be better remembered for Hagar’s closing set that included his driving a red Pontiac Trans Am onto the field, but Journey was there, too, albeit with somewhat different personnel...

And unlike some of the Super Jam shows of old, this one went off like clockwork.

At least that was the case until the last third of Journey’s performance, which was marred by sound problems. Time and again the music cut out completely and then snapped back at full volume, often distorting horribly before dying. It was jarring enough to send many scurrying for the exits, even while Journey played its most anticipated material.

The band carried on, seemingly unaware of the problem...
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby Memorex » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:54 am

tater1977 wrote:Journey, Def Leppard revisit their ’80s heyday at Busch Stadium

St. Louis rock fans with long memories will recall that Friday night’s concert at Busch Stadium was not the first time that co-headlining act Journey played a concert at a venue with that name.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame band played Busch Stadium II on June 29, 1980 — the “Grand Slam” Super Jam — co-headlining with Sammy Hagar. That show may be better remembered for Hagar’s closing set that included his driving a red Pontiac Trans Am onto the field, but Journey was there, too, albeit with somewhat different personnel...

And unlike some of the Super Jam shows of old, this one went off like clockwork.

At least that was the case until the last third of Journey’s performance, which was marred by sound problems. Time and again the music cut out completely and then snapped back at full volume, often distorting horribly before dying. It was jarring enough to send many scurrying for the exits, even while Journey played its most anticipated material.

Maybe they were hacked. :)
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby tater1977 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:56 am

Memorex wrote:
tater1977 wrote:Journey, Def Leppard revisit their ’80s heyday at Busch Stadium

Maybe they were hacked. :)

Nah was just a 404 :lol:
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:19 am

Journey Guitarist Demands Sole Credit for Onstage Tribute to Aretha Franklin

Writing in response to a concert review in the Tampa Bay Times, Neal Schon insists the rest of the band had nothing to do with his live salute to the Queen of Soul... or with founding the group, for that matter.

By Chris Willman

https://variety.com/2018/music/news/jou ... 202916164/
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:08 pm

Steve Smith @stevesmithdrums

@JourneyOfficial had a strong show tonight in #Nashville During soundcheck I filmed playing + interview for @sonor_drums @sonordrumco for an upcoming documentary. My friend & fellow SONOR endorser @foreromusic from @HamiltonMusical visited today too! & saw @soifsounds tonight 2!
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby JourneyHard » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:09 pm

Journey needs to make a new album and then tour by themselves. This will give them more songs and they can play new stuff off the new album. Also, Neal can be the "warm up" band and play a bunch of solo material. That would keep Neal excited and stop all the grumpy old man stuff. Also, dump that wife. You're Neal Schon. You can have any woman you want. You don't need some flake.
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:41 am

donald Kirby @EvilVolts4m

I miss the early stuff I loved Journey-Journey it's one of 3 albums I will never be without along with Gerry Rafferty City to City and CSNY Deja Vu

Replying to @EvilVolts4m @JourneyOfficial
It’s coming back next year JTT
30 Aug 2018
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby scarab » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:31 am

I hope JTT brings this to some larger venues. I give many props for those who stood for 4+ hours in that small venue.
YEars back I went to a gig at First Avenue in MPLS, where there is no seats. Paid for that dearly the next day. Sucks getting old.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:07 am

scarab wrote:I hope JTT brings this to some larger venues. I give many props for those who stood for 4+ hours in that small venue.
YEars back I went to a gig at First Avenue in MPLS, where there is no seats. Paid for that dearly the next day. Sucks getting old.

Yeh I would definitely love to see this version next year.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby Lora » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:58 am

scarab wrote:I hope JTT brings this to some larger venues. I give many props for those who stood for 4+ hours in that small venue.

I couldn't feel my feet by the time the show was over. Stood outside in line for ages, then inside the venue for another 3 hours plus. It was worth the the pain but there definitely was pain. And I had on really comfortable shoes, too. I hope wherever they play next time, there is seating!
Lora
8 Track

Postby perryfan61 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:23 am

Lora wrote:

I couldn't feel my feet by the time the show was over. Stood outside in line for ages, then inside the venue for another 3 hours plus. It was worth the the pain but there definitely was pain. And I had on really comfortable shoes, too. I hope wherever they play next time, there is seating!

I stood for 7 hours on asphalt last month at a concert with April Wine, Kim Mitchell, and 2 other bands. No pain at all the next day. You guys are wimps :D :D :D
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby brywool » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:38 am

perryfan61 wrote:
I stood for 7 hours on asphalt last month at a concert with April Wine, Kim Mitchell, and 2 other bands. No pain at all the next day. You guys are wimps :D :D :D

WOW. April Wine is still around? Awesome!
NO. He's NOT Steve F'ing Perry. But he's Arnel F'ing Pineda and I'm okay with that.
brywool
Digital Audio Tape

Postby tater1977 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:53 pm

WoW heard Journey had a really rough night, last night. :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVByKRL5Vuc
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:39 pm

Journey and Def Leppard are Two Different Tastes That Mostly Work Well Together
Cory Garcia | September 2, 2018

Journey, Def Leppard
Toyota Center/ Houston TX
September 1, 2018

https://www.houstonpress.com/music/revi ... 8-10817979
- read full article

The mixture of Journey and Def Leppard isn’t quite oil and water, but it’s not quite peanut butter and jelly either. Sure, there’s a common thread of memorable hooks, those moments of genius that are spread out among both band’s catalogs, but seeing them in one night did a lot to highlight that not all classic rock bands are the same, even if the end result is a good but disconnected evening...
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby perryfan61 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:46 pm

tater1977 wrote:WoW heard Journey had a really rough night, last night. :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVByKRL5Vuc

:lol: :mrgreen: :P
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby tater1977 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:32 pm

Is the catwalk considered crowded, when during Stone In Love is being played
that Arnel, Neal, Jon and Ross are all on it at the same time :?:
They left poor Smitty back on stage. :cry:
Houston, first night.

- best view
Stone in Love
https://www.facebook.com/rachel.horlach ... 742291787/
2.00 - end mark

Journey Live 2018 =] Separate Ways/Only the Young/Escape/Stone in Love/Be Good [= Houston Sep 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChFaxkvpjFs
19.00 - 21.00 mark
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:42 pm

Don't stop believin': Def Leppard and Journey deliver the goods (and hits) in Phoenix

Ed Masley,/ Arizona Republic / Sept. 8, 2018

https://www.azcentral.com/story/enterta ... 227510002/
- read full article

... They paid special attention to 1981's nine-times-platinum "Escape," their most successful album, including the concert's emotional highlight, "Open Arms," and a spirited "Who's Sorry Now?" :lol:

And they reached back to "Infinity" for "Lights," which as Schon noted was the second song he ever wrote with Perry, and "Wheel in the Sky."
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:57 am

Arnel Pineda @arnelpineda

truly health is wealth and these wonderful doctors just provided me with one.precious indeed.
thank you so much-
:shock:
Dr.David Greene of R3 Stem Cell
Dr.Neville Campbell of R3 Stem Cell
Center for Pain and Wellness of Las Vegas

Facebook page- R3 Stem Cell

Twitter-@cwpcoflasvegas
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:33 am

Florida man sings ‘Don’t Stop Believin’ in cop car while on journey to jail

Chris Tisch / September 11, 2018

https://www.tampabay.com/article/201809 ... 19686/1071

A Florida man belted out one of Journey’s greatest hits while being taken to jail on a drunken driving charge recently.

Seth Coffey, 25, was arrested Sept. 2 on a DUI charge after he pulled his pickup in front of a deputy’s car on U.S. 1 in Indian River County, according to a story published on tcpalm.com.

The deputy smelled alcohol on Coffey. He admitted to drinking multiple beers and deputies found cases of beer in the truck and empty cans in the bed.

Tests later would show his blood-alcohol count to be 0.252 and 0.253, according to the report.

On the way to jail, Coffey at first asked to listen to music, then started singing the beloved Journey hit Don’t Stop Believin’.
Journey recently appeared in Tampa with Def Leppard.

The show generated some controversy when guitarist Neal Schon said a tribute to the late Aretha Franklin was his idea -- and not the band’s.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby slucero » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:30 pm

tater1977 wrote:Arnel Pineda @arnelpineda

truly health is wealth and these wonderful doctors just provided me with one.precious indeed.
thank you so much-

Twitter-@cwpcoflasvegas

what the hell.. why is Arnel getting Stem Cell treatment...

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:22 am

slucero wrote:
tater1977 wrote:Arnel Pineda @arnelpineda

thank you so much-

Twitter-@cwpcoflasvegas

what the hell.. why is Arnel getting Stem Cell treatment...

Arnel Pineda @arnelpineda
Sep 10
for some joint,shoulder pain and stem cell process..
tater1977
Compact Disc

PreviousNext

Return to Journey