Re: Traces

Postby tater1977 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:15 pm

https://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=TRACES+STEVE+PERRY

$13.99reg $15.99
Steve Perry Traces (Target Exclusive)
5 out of 5 stars with 2 reviews

Preorders sold out
Release Date: 10/05/2018
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby Sighlence » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:34 pm

So when do the numbers start coming in? This thing goes platinum quickly - amirite? We're in a lull waiting for the next tune to drop...yeah buddy!
Sighlence
Ol' 78

Postby tater1977 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:55 pm

Andrew McNeice @MelodicRock

A Japanese release of @StevePerryMusic “Traces” has been announced for October 5.
Initial listing states a “planned bonus track”, but no further details as yet.
More info to follow.
You can preorder via my personally recommended and trusted source:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/UCCO-1201
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:32 pm

dallas kruse @dallaskruse
Aug 15

Hey @BaldBryan remember when you said “every minute @StevePerryMusic isn’t singing is a crime against humanity”?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... awl9e-tFVM … (that’s me on piano!!!!)

I met him during sessions for the album. He truly is an authentic and generous human.
7:47 PM - 21 Aug 2018

1 hour ago

He’s first to arrive. Last to leave. Loves music. Loves singing. He’s a genuine person and has treated us all like we’ve been playing together for years.

1 hour ago

Send all the love and support. I know the fan club stuff is REALLY supportive and encouraging.]

- Thanks and Kudos to Lora, Cyndy and Tim.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby Lora » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:53 pm

tater1977 wrote:https://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=TRACES+STEVE+PERRY

$13.99reg $15.99
Steve Perry Traces (Target Exclusive)
5 out of 5 stars with 2 reviews

Preorders sold out
Release Date: 10/05/2018

They restocked. :)
Lora
8 Track

Postby tater1977 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:37 pm

Good. I need 2 more copies. Everytime my bro or nephew stop by,
I end up, short a few cds. Over the years, I've never seen so many cds
grow legs and walk out the front door.
:lol:
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:54 pm

Steve Perry's 'NoErasin' enters Billboard Charts @

Billboard's Rock Chart # 39

https://www.billboard.com/charts/rock-songs

Billboard Adult Contemporary Music Chart # 29

https://www.billboard.com/charts/adult-contemporary

Amazon New Releases in CDs & Vinyl # 4

https://www.amazon.com/new-releases/mus ... myre0ae-20
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby scarab » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:38 am

hope those numbers keep creeping down.
its tough for some markets like the twin cities where we have no stations that play new rock songs (unless its hipster music).
Sad that KQRS the station he did a 1 hour interview with wont play it.
I remember back in the day at night you could get a Mankato and Message of Love was in good rotation. Nothing here.

Its is cool despite this, on Vevo it has almost 1.75 million views in a week.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby jrny84 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:04 am

tater1977 wrote:Steve Perry's 'NoErasin' enters Billboard Charts @

Billboard's Rock Chart # 39

https://www.billboard.com/charts/rock-songs

Billboard Adult Contemporary Music Chart # 29

https://www.billboard.com/charts/adult-contemporary

Amazon New Releases in CDs & Vinyl # 4

https://www.amazon.com/new-releases/mus ... myre0ae-20

No Erasin' on Amazon

Top 100 Rock Songs #2

Top 100 Paid Songs #18

Traces Album Charts on Amazon

Top 100 Paid Albums #15

Top 100 Rock Albums #2

Top CD's and Vinyl #10

ITunes Song Charts:

Top 40 Rock Songs #10
jrny84
Cassette Tape

Postby perryfan61 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:19 am

He's got to be happy with these numbers...Just proof that his fans are still out here.
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby Sighlence » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:49 pm

Anyone else notice at the bottom of his website where you enter your email address?

“Join our mailing list to get the latest news, tour updates, releases and more. You'll be the first to know.”

Tried entering mine a few times but i don’t think it’s functioning as of yet.
Sighlence
Ol' 78

Postby tater1977 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:39 pm

Steve Perry Releases His First New Music In Years With "No Erasin'"

https://www.grammy.com/grammys/news/steve-perry-releases-his-first-new-music-years-no-erasin

The classic rock singer has broken his long music silence with a new single and upcoming album announcement
Ana Yglesias GRAMMYs Aug 15, 2018

It's been almost 25 years since Steve Perry, the former lead singer of GRAMMY nominated group Journey, released new music. But today the singer has made his return with a heartfelt song called "No Erasin'" off his upcoming album, Traces.

Perry released a touching statement to his fans, who have been waiting years to see his return.

“I would not come back to it now unless I could be absolutely emotionally honest about the music," Perry said in the statement. "I’m not trying to top what I’ve done in the past, or better anyone or anything…All I’m trying to do now is make music that really matters to me and I hope maybe will really matter to other people too.”

"I know it's been a long time comin' since I saw your face./It's been so long since we're together," he sings in the single – fitting words for Perry to open with. The new song and video feel like a love song not just to a long lost lover, but also to his fans. In the video, Perry sings passionately into the microphone and confidently taking center stage again; this time with a renewed energy and a new story to tell.

As part of Journey, Perry was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2017, where he gave a speech but did not perform with his bandmates. Other than a live performance with the Eels in 2014, he has largely remained out of the music world and the public eye since his time with Journey.

Traces will feature more new music from Perry and will be released on Oct. 5. More information, including to pre-order the album, is available on his website.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:47 am

Steve Perry @StevePerryMusic

2 hours ago
#NoErasin was added to the #EclecticRock Playlist on @AppleMusic. Give it a listen here: http://apple.co/EclecticRock-SP
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby KDOUBLEU » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:03 pm

1,940,224 views so far. Not too bad.
KDOUBLEU
Cassette Tape

Postby jrny84 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:12 am

Traces "No Erasin" Billboard September 1, 2018

Adult Contemporary charts
21 29 – 2 No Erasin' - Steve Perry

Rock Digital Song Sales
17 23 – 2 No Erasin' - Steve Perry

Hot Rock Songs
38 39 – 2 No Erasin' - Steve Perry
jrny84
Cassette Tape

Postby jrny84 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:23 am

Traces "No Erasin" Billboard September 8, 2018

Adult Contemporary charts
20 21 29 – 3 No Erasin' - Steve Perry

Rock Digital Song Sales
*Dropped out* 17 23 – 2 No Erasin' - Steve Perry

Hot Rock Songs
*Dropped out* 38 39 – 2 No Erasin' - Steve Perry
jrny84
Cassette Tape

Postby EightyRock » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:05 am

No Erasin is one of those classic Perry solo tunes that grows on you in a major way. I can’t stop singing it, humming it or letting it loop around in my head half the day. Just when I finally have it out of my head, I go to YouTube the next day and listen to it all over again. It’s a catchy tune! The dude has a way of elevating anything he sings.
EightyRock
8 Track

Postby slucero » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:33 pm

EightyRock wrote:No Erasin is one of those classic Perry solo tunes that grows on you in a major way. I can’t stop singing it, humming it or letting it loop around in my head half the day. Just when I finally have it out of my head, I go to YouTube the next day and listen to it all over again. It’s a catchy tune! The dude has a way of elevating anything he sings.

Wait till you start listening to No More Cryin... that chorus is an earworm..

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:09 am

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Ticketmaster has it listed under his profile
'Steve Perry
Music - Rock and Pop - 1 Event'

Tucka
Bigg Robb
Nellie "Tiger" Travis
Steve Perry

Turkey Day Blues Show
Date
Wed 11/21 @ 8pm
Venue
Montgomery Performing Arts Centre
Montgomery, AL
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby jrny84 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:27 am

tater1977 wrote::?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
'Steve Perry

Tucka
Bigg Robb
Nellie "Tiger" Travis
Steve Perry

Turkey Day Blues Show
Date
Wed 11/21 @ 8pm
Venue
Montgomery, AL

Looks like a different Steve Perry, according to the website promotional picture: http://www.mpaconline.org/events/
Scroll down :shock: :D :lol:
jrny84
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:35 am

jrny84 wrote:
tater1977 wrote::?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
'Steve Perry

Tucka
Bigg Robb
Nellie "Tiger" Travis
Steve Perry

Turkey Day Blues Show
Date
Wed 11/21 @ 8pm
Venue
Montgomery, AL

Looks like a different Steve Perry, according to the website promotional picture: http://www.mpaconline.org/events/
Scroll down

Ya my puter locked up and see now it's the other one.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby jrny84 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:14 pm

Any opinions what everyone thinks this album will chart? Top 5, top 10?
jrny84
Cassette Tape

Postby scarab » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:01 am

I wonder if the rocker Sun Shines Grey will get released before the album drops.
Andrews review saying it had a Cant Tame the Lion vibe from TBF.
Even I think thats more of a Schon song cant wait to hear him Rock.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby jrny84 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:38 am

scarab wrote:I wonder if the rocker Sun Shines Grey will get released before the album drops.
Andrews review saying it had a Cant Tame the Lion vibe from TBF.
Even I think thats more of a Schon song cant wait to hear him Rock.

It doesn't look like it will. I believe "We're Still Here" is the final single that will be released on September 21st.
jrny84
Cassette Tape

Postby portland » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:32 am

Rick wrote:
bluejeangirl76 wrote:
Rhiannon wrote:You guys know the rules. No sudden movements or the man bolts.

Are these people new?! Jesus!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This is classic...Hi BJG...funny how new music from the Voice can bring people out of retirement at MR :lol:
What's left After You Fall?.....A Cover Band?
portland
Compact Disc

Postby jrny84 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:06 am

Adult Contemporary Charts 9/22/18

21 20 5 No Erasin' - Steve Perry
jrny84
Cassette Tape

Postby Greg » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:54 am

So, has anybody actually heard either of these songs on the radio yet? I listen to an adult contemporary station at work - one in which they did have a little promo on Perry's new album one day as I was heading home (had to stay at work long enough to listen to the promo.) However, I haven't actually heard them play the song. I've heard Oh Sherrie, and Steve Perry led Journey songs, but nothing new.

I realize radio is so yesteryear, but the fact does remain that radio still exists and people do still listen to the radio.
Greg
Cassette Tape

Postby scarab » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:24 am

Heard No Erasin' a couple times on the Current in MPLS, but dont listen to that station almost never. They play new music but way too Indie for me. WE have no terrestrial radio stations in the the Twin Cities that play adult contemporary anymore, been 15 + years. Remember when they did play When your in love by PErry in 1988 a number of times.

For some reason we do have about 1/2 dozen bro country stations. I guess Perry needs to pull a Hootie, JBJ, or Tyler and go bro. :roll: :lol:
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Greg » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:28 am

scarab wrote:Heard No Erasin' a couple times on the Current in MPLS, but dont listen to that station almost never. They play new music but way too Indie for me. WE have no terrestrial radio stations in the the Twin Cities that play adult contemporary anymore, been 15 + years. Remember when they did play When your in love by PErry in 1988 a number of times.

For some reason we do have about 1/2 dozen bro country stations. I guess Perry needs to pull a Hootie, JBJ, or Tyler and go bro. :roll: :lol:

I have never heard When You're In Love on the radio. The stations where I live, they usually played the very, very top singles from albums - and that's still pretty much true today. You'll hear Oh Sherrie and Foolish Heart, but I don't ever remember hearing Strung Out on the radio or any other cuts from Street Talk. Same with FTLOSM. I heard You Better Wait quite a bit, but never heard Missing You or anything else on the radio from that album. Never heard anything from the Against The Wall sessions.

When Journey's Trial By Fire came out, I did hear When You Love A Woman a few times, and heard If He Should Break Your Heart on a "make it or break it" things our local radio station used to do in the evenings. A bunch of people with poor hearing called in and said, "Break it" so they never played it again. I was so disappointed, it was a very good song from that album.
Greg
Cassette Tape

Postby jrny84 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:06 am

Greg wrote:
scarab wrote:Heard No Erasin' a couple times on the Current in MPLS, but dont listen to that station almost never. They play new music but way too Indie for me. WE have no terrestrial radio stations in the the Twin Cities that play adult contemporary anymore, been 15 + years. Remember when they did play When your in love by PErry in 1988 a number of times.

I have never heard When You're In Love on the radio. The stations where I live, they usually played the very, very top singles from albums - and that's still pretty much true today. You'll hear Oh Sherrie and Foolish Heart, but I don't ever remember hearing Strung Out on the radio or any other cuts from Street Talk. Same with FTLOSM. I heard You Better Wait quite a bit, but never heard Missing You or anything else on the radio from that album. Never heard anything from the Against The Wall sessions.

When Journey's Trial By Fire came out, I did hear When You Love A Woman a few times, and heard If He Should Break Your Heart on a "make it or break it" things our local radio station used to do in the evenings. A bunch of people with poor hearing called in and said, "Break it" so they never played it again. I was so disappointed, it was a very good song from that album.

I heard it the day it was released on a locally owned terrestrial radio station here in Michigan. The DJ sounded pretty excited about hearing Steve Perry and genuinely sounded like a fan. After that, never heard it again. I hear other radio stations bring up how he has a new album coming out in October, but they never play the full single. Its really sad.

The only singles I ever hear from SP are "Foolish Heart" and "Oh Sherrie". Never hear "You Better Wait" or "Strung Out". Radio is simply dead.

Has anyone heard "No More Cryin'"?
jrny84
Cassette Tape

PreviousNext

Return to Steve Perry