My thoughts on the two Traces singles

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Re: My thoughts on the two Traces singles

Postby tater1977 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:23 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
hgwy407 wrote:100% in agreement with the original poster. I heard the second single this morning and was completely unmoved by it. We're Still Here sounds like a filler track, at best, to my ears. I'm still crossing my fingers there are better songs on the album than the two we have heard so far.

"We're Still Here" is the third single not the second. So I have to ask, just how big of a fan are you?

:lol:
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby Gideon » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:45 am

We're Still Here is by far the best of the singles, vocally, in my opinion. Only listened to it 2-3 times, but I had no complaints beyond Perry cramming "brother to brother" and "sister to sister" into the song randomly. That's been a recurring theme: these unnecessary lyrics, syllables, or vocal inflections that trip me up.

I have the same issue with "Someone" from Journey's ECL1P53 album. Everyone loved the song. As did I, until I heard Arnel drop the pitch significantly at the end of the lyric "a place in your heart you've never been befooooooore" in the chorus, which took an otherwise soaring and upbeat thing and took it into a nosedive for me.

JM2C. Good stuff, though.
'Nothing was bigger for Journey than 1981’s “Escape” album. “I have to attribute that to Jonathan coming in and joining the writing team,” Steve Perry (Feb 2012).'
Gideon
Stereo LP

Postby RedWingFan » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:22 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
hgwy407 wrote:100% in agreement with the original poster. I heard the second single this morning and was completely unmoved by it. We're Still Here sounds like a filler track, at best, to my ears. I'm still crossing my fingers there are better songs on the album than the two we have heard so far.

"We're Still Here" is the third single not the second. So I have to ask, just how big of a fan are you?

Not as big of a fan as when he was singing for Foreigner, but I'm sure he is still a big fan!
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby hgwy407 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:29 am

Singing for Foreigner? Seriously, what the hell are you talking about and because I am not a big fan of what I have heard so far somehow means I’m not a big fan? Defensive or arrogance my friends and neither is flattering on either of you. Attacking someone for having a different opinion is a clear indicator of a lack of maturity. Totally unwarranted and a complete bully tactic.
hgwy407
Ol' 78

Postby steveo777 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:04 am

RedWingFan wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:

Not as big of a fan as when he was singing for Foreigner, but I'm sure he is still a big fan!

Who sang for Foreigner? Not Perry. Whatchu talking about?
steveo777
MP3

Postby scarab » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:44 am

a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Previous

Return to Journey