Strange Talking Street Medicine

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Steve on Good Morning America Oct 8

Postby MotherCitay » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:35 pm

MotherCitay
45 RPM

Re: Steve on Good Morning America Oct 8

Postby MotherCitay » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:56 pm

Such a great backstage moment this morning with Steve Perry and Jamie Lee Curtis!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1049282010483544065
MotherCitay
45 RPM

Postby scarab » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:50 pm

Did he perform?
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby MotherCitay » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:06 am

Nope :(
MotherCitay
45 RPM

Postby jrny84 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:28 am

I wonder why he shy's away form performing on talk shows

Typically, you see an artist get interviewed and then they perform a song or two.
Last edited by jrny84 on Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
jrny84
Cassette Tape

Postby MotherCitay » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:47 am

MotherCitay
45 RPM

Postby scarab » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:59 am

not sure why he is on a show like GMA and he doesn't do a song to promote it.
I know he really doesn't have a touring band, but hopefully he will go on a show w/ a house band backing him up.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Onestepper » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:01 am

GMA is notorious for having really rushed interviews. That one was a world beater. The guy has been in retirement for decades, and everyone wants to see what he has been doing, and they just rush the lost love story and move on. Just terrible.

I also wish he'd stop with the "I owe or paid them money..." Find something new to mask your humility.
Onestepper
Cassette Tape

Postby jrny84 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:02 am

Steve should have performed "Were Still Here" on GMA. They need to showcase this song and maybe "Most of All" or "Sun Shines Gray" more in the interviews. "No More Cryin" is probably my least favorite on the regular album.

Little odd to be promoting an album and not perform a single live on any talk show. Is it just me?
jrny84
Cassette Tape

Postby RPM » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:25 am

Very strange he is not performing any songs at these shows. The album release , website , merchandise
were so well coordinated that with no tour or shows even planned in advance makes me think he either wanted
to wait and see what the response would be, or he is really on the fence about performing live.
"Remember Suzanne, those summer nights, those summer nights with me"
RPM
Cassette Tape

Postby SteveForever » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:46 pm

He had a lot of security, they looked kind of quido, lol.... was wonderful to see him on the interview!!!
SteveForever
Stereo LP

Postby MotherCitay » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:22 pm

With fans after the GMA interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACIomi20GWA
Last edited by MotherCitay on Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MotherCitay
45 RPM

Postby MotherCitay » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:31 pm

Onestepper wrote:GMA is notorious for having really rushed interviews. That one was a world beater. The guy has been in retirement for decades, and everyone wants to see what he has been doing, and they just rush the lost love story and move on. Just terrible.

I also wish he'd stop with the "I owe or paid them money..." Find something new to mask your humility.

Have you watched the longer interview? The love story is fully covered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFLJaxSqmEA
Last edited by MotherCitay on Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MotherCitay
45 RPM

Postby MotherCitay » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:43 pm

jrny84 wrote:Little odd to be promoting an album and not perform a single live on any talk show. Is it just me?

In a recent interview Steve explained how talking is harder on his voice than singing.

When he performed with Journey, he gave no interviews, preserved his singing voice.

The past few weeks have been nonstop interviews. And I guess Steve wouldn't want to deliver less than his best?

Good on Robin for getting his promise at the end of the interview to perform "next time". :wink:
MotherCitay
45 RPM

Postby Onestepper » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:06 am

MotherCitay wrote:
Onestepper wrote:GMA is notorious for having really rushed interviews. That one was a world beater. The guy has been in retirement for decades, and everyone wants to see what he has been doing, and they just rush the lost love story and move on. Just terrible.

I didn't say that it wasn't covered. I said they rushed the interview which most of it was about his lost love. Regardless, I'm glad he's out there telling his story and signing again. That's all that matters.
Onestepper
Cassette Tape

Postby MotherCitay » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:34 am

Onestepper wrote:
MotherCitay wrote:

I didn't say that it wasn't covered. I said they rushed the interview which most of it was about his lost love. Regardless, I'm glad he's out there telling his story and signing again. That's all that matters.

My bad, thought you meant the love story part of the interview had been rushed. :?
MotherCitay
45 RPM

Postby jrny84 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:30 am

MotherCitay wrote:
jrny84 wrote:Little odd to be promoting an album and not perform a single live on any talk show. Is it just me?

In a recent interview Steve explained how talking is harder on his voice than singing.

When he performed with Journey, he gave no interviews, preserved his singing voice.

The past few weeks have been nonstop interviews. And I guess Steve wouldn't want to deliver less than his best?

Good on Robin for getting his promise at the end of the interview to perform "next time". :wink:

Yeah, I've read that as well. It seems like he could do just one song. Too bad, because what a huge platform to push a single.
jrny84
Cassette Tape

Return to Steve Perry