Neal wants fans help

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Neal wants fans help

Postby perryfan61 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:39 am

Hi Friends if anybody has Original vinyl could you please take a picture of Escape and Frontiers with songwriting credits on both sides of both records. Somehow things have been changed from the original state. I’d like to compare. Thanks Neal https://t.co/l9tZCkXXa

Any idea what the problem is?
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Re: Neal wants fans help

Postby scarab » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:11 am

My guess is somebody's songwriting credit has been added or subtracted in a new issue.
One thing I wonder why Perry almost always got the first spot in the credits.
Wonder if there a reason for this? (Sometimes Schon gets the 2nd spot as well) so I assume its not a last name thing?
But it was always Lennon/Mcartney
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby steveo777 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:17 am

I would find it strange if Neal doesn't own every copy of his legacy material, so this must be about later releases, to see if everything was re-issued in accurate detail. I wonder what got him thinking about it?
steveo777
MP3

Postby scarab » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:36 am

Wasnt Only the Young originally credited as Perry, Friga, Schon?
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:04 am

Wonder if this has anything to do with it :?: Might someone be claiming
they helped with a song but never did :?:

'The studio is negotiating to license the original Journey tunes, most written by Perry and Schon, and Warner Bros has acquired rights to Don’t Stop Believin’: Everyman’s Journey.'
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby Hollywood » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:43 am

tater1977 wrote:Wonder if this has anything to do with it :?: Might someone be claiming
they helped with a song but never did :?:

'The studio is negotiating to license the original Journey tunes, most written by Perry and Schon, and Warner Bros has acquired rights to Don’t Stop Believin’: Everyman’s Journey.'

This is all about ego. This guy never stops with this stuff. Writing credits on the record are not accurate. Lennon/McCartney even though they wrote separately most of the time. Fountains of Wayne is all Collinsworth/Schleschinger even though they never wrote together. Some artists require their name in the credits if it appears on their album even if they had no involvement. In Journey, Cain wrote Faithfully solo, but Perry still gets a cut of the publishing. Probably the only way he would let it on the record.

I could understand if there was money involved, but that is administered differently and has nothing to do with this.
"We Were Born To Be Loved'"
Hollywood
LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:00 am

Hollywood wrote:This is all about ego. This guy never stops with this stuff.

Completely. Ever since he married Michaela, he's lost his mind. Is Cain the bad guy? Hard to say. But at least he's not instigating petty fights over the dumbest shit. Neal even re-tweeted a video complaining that Cain played too much rhythm guitar on tour. Give me a fucking break. :roll:
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Hollywood » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:35 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Hollywood wrote:This is all about ego. This guy never stops with this stuff.

Completely. Ever since he married Michaela, he's lost his mind. Is Cain the bad guy? Hard to say. But at least he's not instigating petty fights over the dumbest shit. Neal even re-tweeted a video complaining that Cain played too much rhythm guitar on tour. Give me a fucking break. :roll:

Especially considering he said one of the main reasons they chose Jonathan to replace Gregg was he could play guitar.
"We Were Born To Be Loved'"
Hollywood
LP

Postby JourneyHard » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:59 am

On the Internet, it shows most of the Journey songs on Escape except Mother, Father as credited to Cain, Perry, Schon. In that order for all of them. But on the original release, it shows Schon second on the rockers. Something is afoot.

I know it is small beans, but it is lazy people on the Internet who are just making it Cain, Perry, Schon on all the songs instead of taking an extra minute to get the order right.
JourneyHard
8 Track

Postby scarab » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:24 am

Still will never understand how Perry Cain or Schon gets first "billing" in songwriting credits

This album picture shows the typical Perry, Cain, Schon.

Now Wikipedia show Cain, Perry, Schon

And on Mother Father, Cain, Perry, M Schon, N Schon.

Not sure if this is all semantics but I remember an interview by Lou Gramm who said he was only given a 10% songwriting credit in I Want to Know What Love is, and he thought it should be more, even though nowhere was he given any credit.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby AR » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:30 am

I still have a picture of Neal's junk if he wants it.
AR is just a longtime net troll who is bored with trolling just Journey most of the time so he's looking for other places to troll and get reactions.

"StillStanding" from the karaoke Boston forum and night manager at Home Depot
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby tater1977 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:34 am

AR wrote:I still have a picture of Neal's junk if he wants it.

As long as it don't get posted here again :shock: :lol:
Send him the one with the bald headed guy on it too. :lol:
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby AR » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:41 am

tater1977 wrote:
AR wrote:I still have a picture of Neal's junk if he wants it.

As long as it don't get posted here again :shock: :lol:
Send him the one with the bald headed guy on it too. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I swear I have never taken a picture of my junk and sent it to my wife. Never understood the logic. Plus anything on the internet never goes away. Neal thinks he removed it but it is everywhere.
AR is just a longtime net troll who is bored with trolling just Journey most of the time so he's looking for other places to troll and get reactions.

"StillStanding" from the karaoke Boston forum and night manager at Home Depot
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Return to Journey