'Worlds of DC' THREAD

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:08 am

Monker wrote:Oh, please, it's a good movie that out performed expectations.

Correction: it's a cookie cutter origin movie that has to retcon some things in order to fit into MCU continuity.

Monker wrote:Yeah, it has issues, it's not perfect. But IMO, not nearly the fundamental crap that people are saying. IMO, Captain Marvel is as good as CA:TFA...and that's a good movie to compare it to.

No way. Ant-Man, maybe.

Monker wrote:At this point she is SUPPOSED to be unemotional and holding herself back...six years of training to be that way. The entire point of the movie was to show CM breaking away from that training and freeing herself. So, when people criticize Brie for her acting, I have to question if they even realize what this movie is about.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Stoicism in a DC movie = bad. Stoicism in a Marvel movie = good. A card laid is a card played.

Monker wrote:So what about the eye. The funny part about that is dialogue toward the end where the entire incident became exaggerated. It's not bad writing at all.

Your double standard cannot be more transparent. Even people who like the freakin' movie have an issue with that. It essentially renders that one conversation between Fury and Rogers null and void. It renders it a joke. All you're telling me is you'd let KF bounce you on his lap.

Btw, the movie had seven :!: freakin' writers on it. That's called "film by committee," just like Ant-Man & The Wasp, which practically everyone has already forgotten about.

Monker wrote:The movie has a lot of threads that were not well explored, just as Aquaman does. I would have like to have seen more Mar-Vell.

Aquaman is far and away the better movie. That's just how it is. Manta's coming back.

Monker wrote:i can understand why people may have wanted more backstory with Maria Lambeau...and more scenes with her daughter, if she turns up later in a movie. Korath and Ronan were kinda wasted. So, there are a lot of threads that are just not used very well.

Monica Rambeau. In the comics, she became Captain Marvel. If Danvers becomes Warbird/Binary later, Rambeau will become CM in the films, too.

Monker wrote:It's way underrated and overrated, depending on who is talking.

Only stans insist it's a fine movie.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:43 pm

How Nick Fury lost his eye continues to be the running joke the MCU creates that negates all the genius things it has done to keep me from getting invested. Some of the beyond dumb;pardody things they resort to makes BvS's Martha moment look Academy Award-esq. Ateast that hiccup was meant to have substance. The MCU goes back in their timeline, see's a lingering plot thread hanging by a string, makes a huge and desperate joke out of it and convinces their fanbase that the plan was in place since Iron Man. Thing's they sign off on are just flat out bigotry in their scripts. They do have it down to a science as every film is basically a "Volume" movie to hold over to the next Avengers flick. I've seen countless statements like "The only reason why I'm seeing Captain Marvel is because of Endgame and Nick Fury's eye" so they know how to juice it. Got to hand it to them, though. They simply know their audience and that's good business 101. I just laugh when people try to pass it off as the next game changer when in reality, it's just a cookie cutter origin that is only there to support the next event film that happens to have the MCU flare, humor and beats.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Stoicism in a DC movie = bad. Stoicism in a Marvel movie = good. A card laid is a card played.

You won't find truer words spoken.

All you're telling me is you'd let KF bounce you on his lap.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:26 am

Dark Knight Trilogy headed back to IMAX for Batman’s 80th anniversary

The return engagement kicks off in Los Angeles on March 30 – Batman’s actual 80th anniversary – and will include a Q&A session with Christopher Nolan. The event will take place at the Universal Cinema AMC at CityWalk in Universal City. The screenings will then continue with New York on April 13 at the AMC Lincoln Square, then the AMC Metreon in San Francisco, the Cinesphere Ontario Place in Toronto, and the Indiana State Museum in Indianapolis. All events not in Los Angeles will include footage from the Q&A session.

The screenings will be presented in 70mm IMAX.

https://batman-news.com/2019/03/12/dark-knight-trilogy-imax/
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:56 am

verslibre wrote:
Monker wrote:Oh, please, it's a good movie that out performed expectations.

Correction: it's a cookie cutter origin movie that has to retcon some things in order to fit into MCU continuity.

Not true. A "cookie cutter origin story" sets up the "hero" as just an average person, even better if they are less than average, and then you follow them as they discover their "hero" traits. You know, like Iron Man, CA:TFA, even the TDK trilogy follows that patterb. Captain America breaks from that in that she already has her powers and it had to find other ways to get you to relate to the character via her interactions with Fury and Maria Rambeau.

So, you are simply making shit up.

Monker wrote:Yeah, it has issues, it's not perfect. But IMO, not nearly the fundamental crap that people are saying. IMO, Captain Marvel is as good as CA:TFA...and that's a good movie to compare it to.

No way. Ant-Man, maybe.

You haven't even seen the movie, so you have no clue. IMO, it is every bit as good a CA:TFA. In fact, Captain Marvel was better than I expected it to be.

Monker wrote:At this point she is SUPPOSED to be unemotional and holding herself back...six years of training to be that way. The entire point of the movie was to show CM breaking away from that training and freeing herself. So, when people criticize Brie for her acting, I have to question if they even realize what this movie is about.

I don't know what you are talking about in the failed DCEU but it is shown AND told in Captain Marvel that she was trained to suppress her emotions. That is just a simple fact.

Your double standard cannot be more transparent. Even people who like the freakin' movie have an issue with that. It essentially renders that one conversation between Fury and Rogers null and void. It renders it a joke. All you're telling me is you'd let KF bounce you on his lap.

I have no issue with the eye stuff at all. It was speculated from the first previews with Goose in them that he may have something to do with it. IMO, all of this critique is just DC vs Marvel political bullshit.

Btw, the movie had seven :!: freakin' writers on it. That's called "film by committee," just like Ant-Man & The Wasp, which practically everyone has already forgotten about.

I really don't care. They came up with a good movie so it's irrelevant to me.

Monker wrote:The movie has a lot of threads that were not well explored, just as Aquaman does. I would have like to have seen more Mar-Vell.

Aquaman is far and away the better movie. That's just how it is. Manta's coming back.

Well, there's some obvious projection on your part. I did not say one is better than the other...I am only comparing my critique of Aquaman and relating it to Captain Marvel.

Monker wrote:i can understand why people may have wanted more backstory with Maria Lambeau...and more scenes with her daughter, if she turns up later in a movie. Korath and Ronan were kinda wasted. So, there are a lot of threads that are just not used very well.

Monica Rambeau.

You obviously have no clue what I am talking about. You highlight Maria Rambeau and then start talking about her daughter. You obviously have no clue that it was Monica's MOTHER who was Carol's best friend in the movie and her daughter Monica was just a kid...although she did have an important part. MY point is that "best friend" relationship could have been highlighted more to make Vers more relatable.

In the comics, she became Captain Marvel. If Danvers becomes Warbird/Binary later, Rambeau will become CM in the films, too.

It's been speculated often that she could show up as Photon since that was her mother's call sign on her plane.

Monker wrote:It's way underrated and overrated, depending on who is talking.

Only stans insist it's a fine movie.

San Lee only had a cameo...though Kevin Smith said it made him cry.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:04 pm

YoungJRNYfan wrote:
Oh, please, it's a good movie that out performed expectations.

At one point CM was projected to make $160-180 mil.

Yes. But, due to the backlash to Brie's comments and actions, it was lowered.

It's way underrated and overrated..

Great statement. :idea:

Yes, there are some MCU fans who way over hype it...So, yeah, there are some out there who WAY over rate it. But, saying it sucks or whatever is even further from the truth.

From reading you and V's comments here, I still see a LOT of jealousy. Jealousy that it may outsell WW. Jealousy that what you think of as a "bad" MCU movie may hit a billion dollars. Jealousy that the DCEU fragmented and even what you perceive as a bad move can't derail the MCU train.
Monker
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:15 pm

From reading you and V's comments here, I still see a LOT of jealousy. Jealousy that it may outsell WW. Jealousy that what you think of as a "bad" MCU movie may hit a billion dollars. Jealousy that the DCEU fragmented and even what you perceive as a bad move can't derail the MCU train.

:roll: Your dumb is showing. Don't be so mad. Why didn't you reply to TNC, who scathed the movie or are you chicken shit to keep getting skrull-fucked by him (see what I did there)?
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:00 am

Monker wrote:From reading you and V's comments here, I still see a LOT of jealousy. Jealousy that it may outsell WW. Jealousy that what you think of as a "bad" MCU movie may hit a billion dollars. Jealousy that the DCEU fragmented and even what you perceive as a bad move can't derail the MCU train.

This perceived jealousy you infer — allege, rather — is born of your own defensiveness, a byproduct of the same hive mind that is currently birthing astonishingly risible headlines like "Captain Marvel dispels myth that women can't lead superhero movies" — when women have been leading blockbuster films for decades. Aliens, anyone?
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:24 am

Monker wrote:So, you are simply making shit up.

Everything you say is akin to the unintelligible chatter Charlie Brown hears his teacher say. "Hwrrah wahh rrrng warrhn wah wah!" :lol:

Monker wrote:IMO, it is every bit as good a CA:TFA.

Don't you know sniffing glue is bad for you? You just like one movie as much or more because to you it's more SF than the other.

Monker wrote:I don't know what you are talking about in the failed DCEU but it is shown AND told in Captain Marvel that she was trained to suppress her emotions. That is just a simple fact.

Look at this graphic: https://i.redd.it/4yl56d5j92n11.jpg

What else needs be said? I know another guy who's about as much a Marvel shill as you, and even he concurs Captain Marvel is far more comedic than it ought to be, and that the MCU is veering in that direction and that it's wrong to do so. So other people see what's coming, but to you, Marvel can seemingly do no wrong. You're a stan.

Monker wrote:I have no issue with the eye stuff at all. It was speculated from the first previews with Goose in them that he may have something to do with it. IMO, all of this critique is just DC vs Marvel political bullshit.

Wrong. They reduced a character who has normally been characterized with a smoldering intensity, a guy who's known to lash out when he has to (see: Avengers), and reduced him to comic relief. That you of all people has no issue with it is no surprise at all. :lol:

Monker wrote:I really don't care. They came up with a good movie so it's irrelevant to me.

Yep, there it is again.

Monker wrote:You obviously have no clue what I am talking about. You highlight Maria Rambeau and then start talking about her daughter. You obviously have no clue that it was Monica's MOTHER who was Carol's best friend in the movie and her daughter Monica was just a kid...although she did have an important part. MY point is that "best friend" relationship could have been highlighted more to make Vers more relatable.

In the comics, she became Captain Marvel. If Danvers becomes Warbird/Binary later, Rambeau will become CM in the films, too.

It's been speculated often that she could show up as Photon since that was her mother's call sign on her plane.

Anything's possible, because Feige loves to change shit at will. If Namor shows up and cracks jokes like Tony Stark after grabbing Sue Storm's ass, I'm sure you're going to love that, too.

Anyway, you missed the whole shebang about Monica Rambeau. In the comics, Monica is the first legit female Captain Marvel. Carol was Ms. Marvel. "Ms." was her title, not Captain. She debuted with a skimpy outfit, fully bare-legged and fully bare midriff (very '70s), and then she got the skintight dark suit with the red sash. Both looked better than the generic shit you see in the movie. What Marvel has done is taken the title/status of Rambeau, who is AA, and given it to Danvers. They're hoping nobody figures it out. :wink:

verslibre wrote:
Monker wrote:Only stans insist it's a fine movie.

Okay, dude, a "stan" is not a reference to Stan Lee (RIP). A "stan" is a portmanteau of "stalker-fan," but is used routinely to ID a crazy, obsessed fan. You're a Marvel stan.

Good talk. :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:11 am

@Luiz_Fernando_J

10 hours ago

#Shazam had a advanced screening in #Japan yesterday and WB has allowed the reactions from the Japanese audiences on social media, and they have been just amazing. The movie only comes out on the 19th of April in Japan. Confidence level 1000.

https://twitter.com/Luiz_Fernando_J/status/1105745266848739329
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:33 am

verslibre wrote:
Monker wrote:From reading you and V's comments here, I still see a LOT of jealousy. Jealousy that it may outsell WW. Jealousy that what you think of as a "bad" MCU movie may hit a billion dollars. Jealousy that the DCEU fragmented and even what you perceive as a bad move can't derail the MCU train.

This perceived jealousy you infer — allege, rather — is born of your own defensiveness, a byproduct of the same hive mind that is currently birthing astonishingly risible headlines like "Captain Marvel dispels myth that women can't lead superhero movies" — when women have been leading blockbuster films for decades. Aliens, anyone?

No, you are just projecting your own insecurities that Captain Marvel is over shadowing what you believe should be credited to Wonder Woman. These same astonishing phrases you posted were also said by WW fans...and I believe some were even posted on this forum. I have said nothing of it, for either film, and I have criticized those who over hype Captain Marvel, and that includes Brie Larson herself. Where was your critique of the feminist attitudes towards WW, too busy looking for pics of adoring young girls idolizing her? Fans do what fans do...I really don't give a damn...why do you care so much about the actions of MCU fans?
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:39 am

Trust me, nobody's forgotten Wonder Woman landed TWO whole years before Captain Marvel. You've confused the definitions of jealousy and fallacy.

For the record, that's pretty much the headline Variety's running right now. :lol:

Btw, Namor's rumored for Doctor Strange 2: Wet 'n Wild. Didn't see that coming, huh? :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:58 pm

Wonder Woman wasn't even discussed. That's called reaching, making things up, getting defensive and attacking others over the simplest of criticisms. Just look at this guys Thesis' if someone crop dusts a GoTG reference. Talk about sensitive and insecurity? My gawd. :lol:

But anyway, back on track. Speaking of WW, I have a feeling Jenkins has something nicely cooked up for WW84. Can't wait for July.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby RedWingFan » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:19 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Captain Marvel was really lame. Like an episode of Captain Planet crossed with a CW soap opera with an overbearing 90's soundtrack.

Can't remember where I read it, but someone said "Captain Marvel looks like the offspring of Bibleman and PJ Mask." :lol:
We saw the movie Tuesday. It was ok. The whole cat thing was stupid. Can't stand the whole feminist angle of the movie or Larson. While the credits were rolling waiting for the midcredit scene my 5 year old daughter is standing and posing with her arms out like she's flying.
Wanted to not like this movie, but it wasn't bad.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:10 am

Grace Randolph just tweeted that "Shazam! is f*cking amazing."

Haven't seen her do that for any other DC movie, unless I've forgotten.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:09 am

Jenkins on WW84 being its own standalone:

https://heroichollywood.com/patty-jenki ... 84-sequel/
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:15 pm

The Flash eyeing November production date.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:05 pm

Matt Reeves confirms The Batman will start filming at the end of this year.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:51 am

The Death and Return of Superman Omnibus :!:

https://twitter.com/thedanjurgens/status/1106612020147834882
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:06 am

S2M wrote:
verslibre wrote:More :!: :

The social media embargo on Shazam! lifts this Thursday. Looks like we've got a winner on our hands, people.

Hopefully with FAR less comedy than previous Marvel/DC offerings. As it is, I'm passing on Captain Marvel.

Humor in Shazam!
And I know a lot of people will be wondering about the comedic nature of this film and all I can say is that unlike the last two films by the competitor studio, the jokes in Shazam were funny and felt natural and in no way forced or shoehorned in, especially in sincere moments.

Critics are talking HIGHLY positive about Shazam! It seems like it could be in the Wonder Woman range on RT and WOM and have some great legs in the long-run, even with Endgame approaching . It'll probably open up in the $60-65 mil WW domestic range. The budget is $80 mil so this addition to DC Films will profit big.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:57 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:
S2M wrote:
verslibre wrote:More :!: :

The social media embargo on Shazam! lifts this Thursday. Looks like we've got a winner on our hands, people.

Hopefully with FAR less comedy than previous Marvel/DC offerings. As it is, I'm passing on Captain Marvel.

Humor in Shazam!

LOL...So, you guys want "FAR less comedy" in a comedy film. That is soooo funny in itself. Shazam is DC's Antman...an under performing film that fans and the studio accept anyway.

And I know a lot of people will be wondering about the comedic nature of this film and all I can say is that unlike the last two films by the competitor studio, the jokes in Shazam were funny and felt natural and in no way forced or shoehorned in, especially in sincere moments.

Critics are talking HIGHLY positive about Shazam! It seems like it could be in the Wonder Woman range on RT and WOM and have some great legs in the long-run, even with Endgame approaching . It'll probably open up in the $60-65 mil WW domestic range. The budget is $80 mil so this addition to DC Films will profit big.

LOL...RT is crap in every way. Captain Marvel, Dr. Who, ST:D and The Orville proved that to me. 60million is WAY low for a CBM film, you know that. This is essentially what Ant-man did. Comparing it WW is crap. End Game is going to rule and kill this film. In fact, Disney as a whole is going to dominate this year.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:00 am

verslibre wrote:Grace Randolph just tweeted that "Shazam! is f*cking amazing."

Haven't seen her do that for any other DC movie, unless I've forgotten.

Not a surprise...she has been hyping it from the start. She usually adds that she questions if it will be very successful since it is essentially a super hero version of "Big" or a "PG version of Dead Pool." I say it looks like a modern version of "Greatest American Hero."
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:03 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Wonder Woman wasn't even discussed. That's called reaching, making things up, getting defensive and attacking others over the simplest of criticisms. Just look at this guys Thesis' if someone crop dusts a GoTG reference. Talk about sensitive and insecurity? My gawd. :lol:

Speaking of GOTG, James Gunn is back and Vol3 is back on the table...happy, happy...joy, joy. Wonder what that means for SS...well, no I don't.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:06 am

verslibre wrote:Trust me, nobody's forgotten Wonder Woman landed TWO whole years before Captain Marvel. You've confused the definitions of jealousy and fallacy.

Oh, please, if you are not projecting your insecurities, you would not be acting like a hypocrite by criitiquing Captain Marvel for things you publicly praised WW over.

For the record, that's pretty much the headline Variety's running right now. :lol:

Btw, Namor's rumored for Doctor Strange 2: Wet 'n Wild. Didn't see that coming, huh? :lol:

Don't care, actually...much more interested is Guardians 3.
Monker
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:35 am

LOL...So, you guys want "FAR less comedy" in a comedy film. That is soooo funny in itself. Shazam is DC's Antman...an under performing film that fans and the studio accept anyway.

Things are starting to come out about the film. I was correlating what I read to S2M's post. I think Shazam! will have surprising elements that go far beyond any comedy categorizing or labels. From the sounds of it, Sandberg has many things going for it. There's even said to be some nice horror moments so it won't be one-note like say, Ant-Man, who couldn't get out of the way of its own puns.

Even seeing Paul Rudd trying to be serious walking alongside the Avengers in the Endgame trailer makes one chuckle since he's all jokes, all the time. Atleast Shazam is Billy Batson, a boy showing kid-like excitment by being a superhero. Rudd is a 40+ year old man acting like a boy. I like when humor is not a constant and not shoehorned into every breathing moment. To hear the humor is nicely balanced ala Wonder Woman and Aquaman where it doesn't become a distraction is a plus in my book.

As far as Shazam! underperforming, nah. Ant-Man and Ant-Man and the Wasp (your pulled out of thin air comparison) had a budget around $130-160 mil while Shazam! only has a budget of $80 mil. Vast difference. Shazam! will make a nice profit and continue a nice string of events for DC Films. I think it will perform about where the studio expects with a little added cherry on-top. It will greenlight many other movies in the works.

End Game is going to rule and kill this film. In fact, Disney as a whole is going to dominate this year.

Damn! You should make many more of these bold and going-out-on-a-limb statements! :lol: As big as Endgame will be, it'll be nice to see same genre films ala Shazam be toned down and technically bring something different to the table. WIN for both studios.

As for SSquad, it's already confirmed Gunn will prioritize that film over GoTG3 where the latter will begin filming once the former will be finished. You should right a thesis on it.

Jk.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:14 am

verslibre wrote:You just like one movie as much or more because to you it's more SF than the other.

Not true. To me, the definition of SciFi is a fictional story that uses science to tell a significant part of the story. If you can remove that science and can still tell the story, then it is not scifi. For example, IMO, Star Wars is not scifi...it is a fantasy story set in space. In the MCU, IMO, the most scifi story is the AntMan movies. If you remove the entire quantum realm and shrinking bit, then you can not tell those stories. The GotG movies are probably the least scifi out of all of the MCU...they are fantasy, not scifi.

Monker wrote:I don't know what you are talking about in the failed DCEU but it is shown AND told in Captain Marvel that she was trained to suppress her emotions. That is just a simple fact.

Look at this graphic: https://i.redd.it/4yl56d5j92n11.jpg

What else needs be said?

Correct...you are essentially caught up in the political BS of what is being said in online forms where they post memes like this. You can literally take ANY movie in existence and make a meme like that. It proves nothing other than you are reading forums that post crap like this.

I know another guy who's about as much a Marvel shill as you, and even he concurs Captain Marvel is far more comedic than it ought to be, and that the MCU is veering in that direction and that it's wrong to do so. So other people see what's coming, but to you, Marvel can seemingly do no wrong. You're a stan.

So what? I know a guy brought a snowball and presented it to congress...does that prove that global warming doesn't exist? Captain Marvel is going to be one of the biggest selling movies in the MCU...despite all of the negative talk from Brie haters. Normally, sales wouldn't mean that much, but it should serve up a big smack in the face to bring people like you back to reality that it isn't a 'bad' movie...and all of the political crap is just that - crap. It is crap that was ignored by the public in general who simply want to go to see a movie and be entertained.

Monker wrote:I have no issue with the eye stuff at all. It was speculated from the first previews with Goose in them that he may have something to do with it. IMO, all of this critique is just DC vs Marvel political bullshit.

Wrong.[/quote]

Opinions can't be wrong.

Monker wrote:You obviously have no clue what I am talking about. You highlight Maria Rambeau and then start talking about her daughter. You obviously have no clue that it was Monica's MOTHER who was Carol's best friend in the movie and her daughter Monica was just a kid...although she did have an important part. MY point is that "best friend" relationship could have been highlighted more to make Vers more relatable.

Anything's possible, because Feige loves to change shit at will. If Namor shows up and cracks jokes like Tony Stark after grabbing Sue Storm's ass, I'm sure you're going to love that, too.

Meh. Not really. But, if they do an origin story for Rogue getting her powers from Captain Marvel, l would like that. It seems to me that Rogue in the past Xmen movies has always been far under powered. So, do the origin for Rogue, Storm from Wakanda...and reboot the xmen from scratch with their origins within the existing MCU...that sounds like a MUCH better idea to me.

Anyway, you missed the whole shebang about Monica Rambeau. In the comics, Monica is the first legit female Captain Marvel. Carol was Ms. Marvel. "Ms." was her title, not Captain. She debuted with a skimpy outfit, fully bare-legged and fully bare midriff (very '70s), and then she got the skintight dark suit with the red sash. Both looked better than the generic shit you see in the movie. What Marvel has done is taken the title/status of Rambeau, who is AA, and given it to Danvers. They're hoping nobody figures it out. :wink:

You still want everything to match up to the comics...it doesn't have to, doesn't need to, and it shouldn't in many cases. In what you say above, I doubt anybody cares.

verslibre wrote:
Monker wrote:Only stans insist it's a fine movie.

Okay, dude, a "stan" is not a reference to Stan Lee (RIP). A "stan" is a portmanteau of "stalker-fan," but is used routinely to ID a crazy, obsessed fan. You're a Marvel stan.:

I see, so I write a review where I say a list of things that are wrong with the movie but that it is still a good movie that is worth seeing....including saying it is over-rated by some people and later saying Brie's words and actions hurt the film. YOU concentrate only on the fact that I say it is worth seeing and launch into critique over crap that I either disagree with or think it is so minor that I don't care about it.

Then there is Aquaman where I said it was a good movie and everybody should see it...but it isn't perfect and has a few issues. YOU did nothing but concentrate on those few issues and defend it, and ignored the rest of what I said.

But, I'm a 'stan', sure....not.
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:39 am

James Wan has (temporarily, I assume) deactivated his Twitter account, but his Instagram is still on.

“Alright folks. Now that AQ has pretty much run its theatrical course, time to take a break from Tweetsville and focus on doing some writing.”
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:53 am

I loved Wan's Twitter contributions. He was actually way more vocal and outspoken than I ever thought he would be and lent his over-pouring of support to Sandberg regarding the release of trailer, marketing, etc. Remember when they said Aquaman was doomed, wouldn't get made, had the plug pulled and how Wan exited and he tweeted a picture of himself leaning up against the wall with an Aquaman mural? Good stuff. He's probably mapping out his next world building phase and come back with a bang.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:56 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:I loved Wan's Twitter contributions. He was actually way more vocal and outspoken than I ever thought he would be and lent his over-pouring of support to Sandberg regarding the release of trailer, marketing, etc. Remember when they said Aquaman was doomed, wouldn't get made, had the plug pulled and how Wan exited and he tweeted a picture of himself leaning up against the wall with an Aquaman mural? Good stuff. He's probably mapping out his next world building phase and come back with a bang.

"You guys are killing me" he tweeted, haha! He had been in the editing bay for The Conjuring 2, and the naysayers were working overtime because he was so busy. Bunch of ADD twits. :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:58 am

Just saw this:

The current draft of the screenplay for ‘NEW GODS’ focuses on Big Barda and Mister Miracle escaping Apocalypse and may feature sub-plots focused on other New Gods. The film may feature The Furies as the villains and Darksied may make his live-action debut.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1107312508203945985

Darkseid on the big screen...dayum! Can't wait to see the baddest-azz villain ever.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:01 am

verslibre
Compact Disc

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara