Houston DVD....NOT??

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Houston DVD....NOT??

Postby perryfaithful » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:04 am

Andrew....can you find out anything? Supposedly "Journey management" has stated this concert DVD is NOT being released and allowed that info to go on their official site. What is up??
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby artinis1 » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:20 am

from nick,
i read the same thing, what is going on, i was really looking forward to this dvd, please andrew let us know, maybe this is a perry release and journey does not want to release it anyway it would sell thousands, hopefully it will still come out, the suspense is killing me
artinis1
45 RPM

Postby PROPERRY » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:28 am

I sure hope that we get some kind of information about this soon. I've been looking forward to buying this DVD for a long time!

Lori
PROPERRY
8 Track

Postby Andrew » Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:55 am

Sadly it has also been removed of my industry release list as a due title.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby jrnyjetster » Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:21 pm

:? Huh, so who pulled the plug, I wonder? Kalodner's gonna catch alot of slack for this one, even if it's not his fault.

I was actually MORE looking forward to the Warfield DVD which was also axed unfortunately, but I definitely wanted this classic Houston DVD to add to my Journey collection. :o
jrnyjetster
Cassette Tape

Postby yak » Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:33 pm

jrnyjetster wrote::? Huh, so who pulled the plug, I wonder? Kalodner's gonna catch alot of slack for this one, even if it's not his fault. :o

If not Kalodner, that leaves who? :?: Perry? :?: Who else could it be?
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:21 pm

yakov wrote:
jrnyjetster wrote::? Huh, so who pulled the plug, I wonder? Kalodner's gonna catch alot of slack for this one, even if it's not his fault. :o

If not Kalodner, that leaves who? :?: Perry? :?: Who else could it be?

It could be Sony making the decision that they have bigger fish to fry then Journey...and since Kalodner is not longer with Journey, why should they release it anyways?
Monker
MP3

Postby artinis1 » Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:13 pm

from nick,
it is very frustrating to be a journey fan, i have followed this group for the last 25 years or so, and have never looked more forward to a release than this dvd, to finally have a mint concert dvd from the band at their peak is a must, and i know some people think that journey doesn't owe the fans anything, but they owed us this, every other group has live concert dvds out, to andrew, there must be some explanation for this, hopefully it is just postponed and not cancelled, is there anyway you could contact kalodner and find out, i mean we have a dvd with the current lineup and the greatest hits dvd is fine, but not enough, if they never released another concert dvd from the past, the houston one alone would be enough, plus they have to know it would sell thousands, again, very frustrating to be a journey fan,
artinis1
45 RPM

Postby perryfaithful » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:35 pm

artinis1 wrote: to finally have a mint concert dvd from the band at their peak

MINT!

My thoughts also, Nick!
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby perryfaithful » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:37 pm

Andrew wrote:Sadly it has also been removed of my industry release list as a due title.

Will you be doing some "digging" Andrew??

Kalodner finally has a note up that he will be updating the Q&A section of his website SOON! I hope that means today
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby Andrew » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:46 pm

Sony would release it in a hearbeat....Live sold good numbers and it's easy money.

Must be a problem between other parties....I'll see what I can do!
Andrew
Administrator

Hmmmm

Postby Eric » Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:21 pm

Did someone axe someone's DVD so someone axed someone else's DVD

Hmmmmm
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby perryfaithful » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:39 am

Andrew wrote:Sony would release it in a hearbeat....Live sold good numbers and it's easy money.

Must be a problem between other parties....I'll see what I can do!

thanks Andrew!

Ya know.....Kalodners site STILL has the scrolling message which announces the DVD for release at XMAS TIME!
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby Playitloudforme » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:17 am

Miss Storm answered an email I'd sent:

JDK has just answered some fans' questions about this that will be posted
for tomorrow's updates to JDK's site. Yes, originally, the Houston DVD was supposed to be finished and released by this Christmas, but Steve & JDK haven't starting working on it yet so it is now suppose to be released
sometime in 2005 - no specific date or time has been set yet. Tracklisting
and other info regarding the DVD is not set yet either. That is the only
info that is available regarding this DVD right now.
Playitloudforme
Cassette Tape

Postby yak » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:55 am

Playitloudforme wrote:Miss Storm answered an email I'd sent:
Yes, originally, the Houston DVD was supposed to be finished and released by this Christmas, but Steve & JDK haven't starting working on it yet so it is now suppose to be released sometime in 2005 - no specific date or time has been set yet.

HUH??? Yes of course Steve is behind it. It's already been said that this DVD was being worked on, now it isn't even started??????

What the he*L is going on? Give it one guess!
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby Liz22562 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:05 am

Perhaps they both have something better to do?

Does it really matter? 8)

"Live, Laugh, Love".....
Liz22562
8 Track

Postby Liz22562 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:08 am

Maybe to be released closer to when the WOF date is???????

~Just a stab in the dark~

:wink:
Liz22562
8 Track

Postby perryfaithful » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:35 am

THIS is the exact words from a moderator at BackTalk. Seems to me that it says NOT released instead of delayed. Who is giving out the ACCURATE information?? Interesting.....

"I talked to management about this today and the official word is that a Houston DVD is not going to be released.

(Sorry to be the bearer of bad news)"
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby yak » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:48 am

Perhaps they both have something better to do?
Does it really matter?

You're kidding right? :roll: They got people up for this DVD and now they are saying it's not even started, and that's all right with you????

Your beloved Perry can do no wrong? He has once again disappointed and you are once again standing by him! :lol: Do you really think he "cares" about what you think? He's laughing all the way to the Tinsel Town bank.

Maybe to be released closer to when the WOF date is???????

Kind of hard to do if it isn't even started yet, wouldn't you say? :roll:
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby PROPERRY » Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:36 am

I don't understand what happened, but I really hope that the DVD has NOT been cancelled all together. I definitely wanted this DVD and hoping that it is only just delayed a bit.

Lori
PROPERRY
8 Track

Postby Bamamutt » Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:38 am

Without starting any arguement, Yakov why don't you get off Steve Perry's back..It's obvious you don't like the guy...Don't blame him about the DVD..No one knows the whole issue about the DVD so stop blaming him...
Bamamutt
Ol' 78

Postby Liz22562 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:42 am

Yakov...

Where in my post did I state that anything Steve Perry did, was or was not "all right" with me?

Quote: "Your beloved Perry can do no wrong. He has once again disappointed and you are once again standing by him". Do you really think he "cares" about what you think?" End Quote.

Please prove where in my post that I said that Mr. Perry "could do no wrong". Please also prove in my post where I stated that I was "once again standing by him". I have reread my post and never mentioned that I felt Mr. Perry "cares" about what I think. I am quite certain, Yakov, that Mr. Perry does not even know that I exist.

Has anyone ever told you what it means to assume?

I am a fan of Steve Perry and Journey (past, present and future). As long as I am able to work, I will continue to buy their cd's, dvd's, etc.

It would be nice, Yakov, if you could comprehend that some of us that post here are just fans. Period.
Liz22562
8 Track

Postby mystichealer » Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:24 am

The new dvd has not been scrapped, but just postponed until next year as they have'nt started working on the thing yet.
This is the news shortly to be posted on JDK's site.

MH
mystichealer
Ol' 78

Postby perryfaithful » Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:52 pm

mystichealer wrote:The new dvd has not been scrapped, but just postponed until next year as they have'nt started working on the thing yet.

MH

So then WHY is "Journey Management" saying it is not going to be released, instead of more accurately defining it as "delayed until 2005?'
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby mystichealer » Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:28 pm

perryfaithful wrote:
mystichealer wrote:The new dvd has not been scrapped, but just postponed until next year as they have'nt started working on the thing yet.

MH

So then WHY is "Journey Management" saying it is not going to be released, instead of more accurately defining it as "delayed until 2005?'

'Perryfaithful' i am just going by what has been posted on JDK's web site, where the question was asked regarding the dvd and JDK answered it by saying that they have NOT started working on it as yet, and that it will be released sometime in 2005.

MH
mystichealer
Ol' 78

Postby perryfaithful » Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:18 pm

So then WHY is "Journey Management" saying it is not going to be released, instead of more accurately defining it as "delayed until 2005?' [/quote]

'Perryfaithful' i am just going by what has been posted on JDK's web site, where the question was asked regarding the dvd and JDK answered it by saying that they have NOT started working on it as yet, and that it will be released sometime in 2005.

MH[/quote]

Sorry MH.....I did not mean that question to be directed to you! (should not have left your quote on the page) I am just wondering "out loud!"
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby Journeynut » Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:19 pm

The question is why do the two sites have different inconsistent information.
Anyway, what was I saying.........
Journeynut
Ol' 78

Postby Monker » Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:35 pm

Journeynut wrote:

The question is why do the two sites have different inconsistent information.

Because you guys are mincing words and looking for meanings and 'mistakes' that are not there.

The DVD is not going to be released in December. That is what Journeycat was saying...and what she was told. It seems she was NOT told it was 'delayed until 2005'. What do you expect her to say?
Monker
MP3

Postby perryfaithful » Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:55 pm

Monker wrote:
The DVD is not going to be released in December. That is what Journeycat was saying...and what she was told. It seems she was NOT told it was 'delayed until 2005'. What do you expect her to say?

Sorry Monker, she said NOT....and you want ME to READ into that and make it into a delay until 2005? Not buyin' it Monker....surprised you would even try to plead this one
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby yak » Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:15 am

Liz22562 wrote: It would be nice, Yakov, if you could comprehend that some of us that post here are just fans. Period.

And it would be nice, Liz, if you found somebody your own size to pick on. :roll:

I think what's important here is that this DVD was said to be worked on for months now, and that it would be released this Fall. Now all of a sudden we find that it isn't even started! Getting you all excited to get this, then not producing it, only makes you want it MORE.

Perry strikes again? Hmmmmmmmm...
yak
Cassette Tape

Next

Return to Journey