Houston DVD....NOT??

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Postby Liz22562 » Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:24 am

Pick on someone your own size????

I never wrote a word that would have hurt anyone in any way.
Liz22562
8 Track

Postby Monker » Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:33 am

Sorry Monker, she said NOT....and you want ME to READ into that and make it into a delay until 2005?

Sure, that is what she said and what she was told. Sony is saying the same thing. As it is RIGHT NOW, it's not going to be released.

Tell me, how can Sony, or anybody say it is going to be released - even "sometime next year" - if they have not even STARTED working on it and have no set schedule to do so? It's no different then Journey saying their album will be released "sometime next year".

Journey is trying to put a positive spin on their release, Sony/Kalodner is doing the same thing.

Not buyin' it Monker.

I don't care when the DVD is released, I doubt I'll buy it either.

It's funny how Perry fans mince words when it is THEIR guy's reputation on the line.
Monker
MP3

Postby Marabelle » Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:05 am

We can chose sides or look to see if there really is a conspiracy or cover up and if Dick Cheney and Hallibruton are involved in anyway.
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby Marabelle » Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:07 am

Sorry. :lol: :lol: :lol: Back to the regularly scheduled program.
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby Journeynut » Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:31 am

Monker wrote:
Sorry Monker, she said NOT....and you want ME to READ into that and make it into a delay until 2005?

Sure, that is what she said and what she was told. Sony is saying the same thing. As it is RIGHT NOW, it's not going to be released.

Tell me, how can Sony, or anybody say it is going to be released - even "sometime next year" - if they have not even STARTED working on it and have no set schedule to do so? It's no different then Journey saying their album will be released "sometime next year".

Journey is trying to put a positive spin on their release, Sony/Kalodner is doing the same thing.

Not buyin' it Monker.

I don't care when the DVD is released, I doubt I'll buy it either.

It's funny how Perry fans mince words when it is THEIR guy's reputation on the line.

She answered my query at BT.
She implies JDK has wrong info on his site.
Anyway, what was I saying.........
Journeynut
Ol' 78

Postby perryfaithful » Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:45 am

Journeynut wrote:

hmmmm
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby Bamamutt » Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:46 pm

Then what is the correct info?...Delayed or Deleated??
Bamamutt
Ol' 78

Postby Monker » Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:43 pm

This is what she said:

I posted that per Journey management the DVD was not going to be released and that's the latest from Journey management.

All information that was relayed on Back Talk was taken from JDK's website and/or Melodicrock.

We do not have the answers you seek and I agree that it is confusing.

Thank you.

Why is it so hard to understand that a conversation happened like this:

"What's going on with the Houston DVD?"

"It's not going to be released."

When they said it wasn't going to be released, they meant the December date.

Kalodner knows this so he puts the positive spin on it of "Sometime next year". HE doesn't know any more then BT....It's just that management is blunt about it and JDK spun it to make it look hopeful.

If there were ANY concrete plans to release this thing there would a schedule to get it done - obviously there isn't. It's on hiatus.

Why is this so hard to understand?

It's the same as if you asked about a new Journey CD next Spring. "It's not going to be released." But, maybe sometime in 2006.

That's what you are looking at. Neither situation has any publicly stated plans to get these finished and released.
Monker
MP3

Postby Journeynut » Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:34 am

I apologize I made a mistake. I was referring to CJ's post in the same thread, just a few posts above mine that says JDK needs to update:

What a bummer. I think that JDK's web person needs an update. Not a clue as to the reasons for this not to happen. I don't think we should speculate as to why either. If the people putting it together let us know then fine. If not.. well shucks, that's just the way it is.
Cj
Journeynut
Ol' 78

Postby perryfaithful » Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:39 am

Journeynut wrote:I apologize I made a mistake. I was referring to CJ's post in the same thread, just a few posts above mine that says JDK needs to update:

What a bummer. I think that JDK's web person needs an update. Not a clue as to the reasons for this not to happen. I don't think we should speculate as to why either. If the people putting it together let us know then fine. If not.. well shucks, that's just the way it is.
Cj

well shucks?? LOL
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:29 am

Journeynut wrote:I apologize I made a mistake. I was referring to CJ's post in the same thread, just a few posts above mine that says JDK needs to update:

Cj

Journeycat is the person who talked to management. Journeycat is the person who made the original post. Journeycat is the one who, in this case anyways, knows what she's talking about. Cj is just trying to back her up....and she's coming across like she doesn't know what she's talking about.
Monker
MP3

Postby perryfaithful » Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:27 am

Monker wrote: Cj is just trying to back her up....and she's coming across like she doesn't know what she's talking about.

Then my confusion is justified after all. Perhaps a STATEMENT on the official site announcement page would have been helpful!
Last edited by perryfaithful on Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby Journeynut » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:04 am

Monker wrote:

Cj

Journeycat is the person who talked to management. Journeycat is the person who made the original post. Journeycat is the one who, in this case anyways, knows what she's talking about. Cj is just trying to back her up....and she's coming across like she doesn't know what she's talking about.

Yup, which explains why I am confused.
Journeynut
Ol' 78

pff

Postby Eric » Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:38 pm

Who knows if Journey CAN even make an OFFICIAL statement about it on their website...I don't know if they have much to do with it
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Re: pff

Postby perryfaithful » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:05 am

Eric wrote:Who knows if Journey CAN even make an OFFICIAL statement about it on their website...I don't know if they have much to do with it

Then why the OFFICIAL remarks on the talk board?
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby Eric » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:21 am

A post by a moderator is an official statement from Journey?????
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby perryfaithful » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:14 am

Eric wrote:A post by a moderator is an official statement from Journey?????

When she says she GOT IT it from Journey Management.......THEN I WOULD SAY SO!!
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby yak » Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:31 am

Eric wrote:A post by a moderator is an official statement from Journey?????

Desperate people will believe anything...because they so desperately want it to happen. :wink:

It's obvious Perry never made the DVD, as he SAID he did. BIG shocker. :shock:

And Kalodner was in on the deception.

desperate times...desperate measures :lol:
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby Bamamutt » Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:50 am

Desperate people will believe anything...because they so desperately want it to happen. :wink:

[/quote]

Oh brother. :roll: .Talk about harsh allegations...Perhaps it is best to stop making judgement and wait to see what is what...The negativity is getting old...
Bamamutt
Ol' 78

Postby PROPERRY » Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:22 am

Bamamutt wrote:Desperate people will believe anything...because they so desperately want it to happen. :wink:

Oh brother. :roll: .Talk about harsh allegations...Perhaps it is best to stop making judgement and wait to see what is what...The negativity is getting old...[/quote]

Yes, I'm in agreement with you Bamamutt!

Lori
PROPERRY
8 Track

Postby yak » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:14 pm

Bamamutt wrote:Oh brother. :roll: .Talk about harsh allegations...Perhaps it is best to stop making judgement and wait to see what is what...The negativity is getting old...

Oh I forgot!

You are going to devote your whole life to waiting for a little crumb from somebody who wishes you would just go away and leave him alone. How pathetic.
:lol:
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby mystichealer » Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:37 pm

yakov wrote:
Bamamutt wrote:Oh brother. :roll: .Talk about harsh allegations...Perhaps it is best to stop making judgement and wait to see what is what...The negativity is getting old...

Oh I forgot!

You are going to devote your whole life to waiting for a little crumb from somebody who wishes you would just go away and leave him alone. How pathetic.

This is not a little 'crumb' that we are discussing here, its a dvd for god's sake. That aint a little 'crumb', and any fan of the band Journey should be pleased that this little 'crumb' has even been talked about being released, especially seeing at it was/is supposed to feature some extra's on it.

I would like to know why you seem to in total disgust at anything that Steve Perry is apparently doing. Just why do you hate this man so much. Has he done something to you personally?

If you are a fan of the band Journey (Which i very much doubt, due to your continuous bashing) then you should be welcoming anything that the band is releasing, or planning on releasing, be it from the bands side, or from former members such as Perry etc.

MH
mystichealer
Ol' 78

Postby PROPERRY » Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:28 am

mystichealer wrote:
yakov wrote:

Oh I forgot!

This is not a little 'crumb' that we are discussing here, its a dvd for god's sake. That aint a little 'crumb', and any fan of the band Journey should be pleased that this little 'crumb' has even been talked about being released, especially seeing at it was/is supposed to feature some extra's on it.

I would like to know why you seem to in total disgust at anything that Steve Perry is apparently doing. Just why do you hate this man so much. Has he done something to you personally?

If you are a fan of the band Journey (Which i very much doubt, due to your continuous bashing) then you should be welcoming anything that the band is releasing, or planning on releasing, be it from the bands side, or from former members such as Perry etc.

MH

MH,

The reason yakov speaks with such a foul tongue towards Perry is because he does not have the ability to carry on an intelligent conversation, so he resorts to rediculous comments & name calling.

Lori
PROPERRY
8 Track

Postby Journeynut » Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:58 am

PROPERRY wrote:
mystichealer wrote:
yakov wrote:

Oh I forgot!

MH

MH,

The reason yakov speaks with such a foul tongue towards Perry is because he does not have the ability to carry on an intelligent conversation, so he resorts to rediculous comments & name calling.

Lori

It is best to save your replies and opinions for someone who can actually participate in an intelligent discussion.
Journeynut
Ol' 78

Postby PROPERRY » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:07 am

Journeynut wrote:
PROPERRY wrote:
mystichealer wrote:
yakov wrote:

Oh I forgot!

MH

MH,

Lori

It is best to save your replies and opinions for someone who can actually participate in an intelligent discussion.

That is why I directed my reply to MH because I knew Yakov would NOT get it!

Lori

Lori
PROPERRY
8 Track

The TRUTH

Postby yak » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:28 am

HARSH allegations? Making judgments? Negativity? Disgust with Perry? :roll:

The problem here, see, is that JDK himself, and I believe Perry as well, reported that this (in)famous DVD WAS BEING WORKED ON and would be available for release sometime this Fall. NOW it is being said that IT NEVER WAS STARTED.

If it diverts attention from the TRUTH to harass me for whatever reason so the TRUTH here stays buried, then Go For It!

Since Perry is always the one to foul up the works, he would be the logical choice as to the reason why things are NOT yet started.

It also makes both JDK and Perry liars. They have thrown you a bone with no meat on it.

No need to question my fan affiliation with Journey. I am a Journey fan, whether you like it or not.

If Perry wanted anything to do with fans he would come out and clarify what's going on/NOT going on.

He hasn't been in touch with any fans for years, except to crawl out and acknowledge his BIRTHDAY message. That is NOT connecting with the fans. That is about him. Everything's about "him."

It's obvious the only thing on his mind is collecting money from the Cash Cow he has set up. He wants nothing to do with Journey.

What part of "He's laughing all the way to the bank," don't you understand?
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:45 am

mystichealer wrote:This is not a little 'crumb' that we are discussing here, its a dvd for god's sake.

Yes it is a 'crumb'. It's a 25yr old concert that most fans have already seen, or even already own.

and any fan of the band Journey should be pleased that this little 'crumb' has even been talked about being released, especially seeing at it was/is supposed to feature some extra's on it.

It should have been released at least ten years ago. Why should it make me happy now? I've seen it dozens of times. I already have the audio on several CD's...in excellent quality, which is what matters most to me anyway.

Nobody has been specific about what 'extras' are to be on it. The only thing mentioned was some videos that SHOULD have been on the GH CD. BTW, some of the videos on the Houston DVD will be duplicates from the Houston DVD anyways.

I would like to know why people throw the word 'hate' around just because certain people do not bow to every word and action from Steve Perry. Steve Perry deserves the critique.

So, by your definition, the Perry fans who do not welcome a new CD from Journey are not Journey fans.

Makes sense to me.
Monker
MP3

Re: The TRUTH

Postby captbythmmnt » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:06 pm

[quote="yakov"][color=green][b]HARSH allegations? Making judgments? Negativity? Disgust with Perry? :roll:

The problem here, see, is that JDK himself, and I believe Perry as well, reported that this (in)famous DVD [u]WAS BEING WORKED ON [/u]and would be available for release sometime this Fall. NOW it is being said that [u]IT NEVER WAS STARTED[/u].

You really dont know what has been done. You only know what your read and hear.

If it diverts attention from the TRUTH to harass me for whatever reason so the TRUTH here stays buried, then Go For It!

Im not sure what truth you speak of since you have the same information that we all do.

Since Perry is always the one to foul up the works, he would be the logical choice as to the reason why things are NOT yet started.

And you know this for a fact, or are you assuming??

It also makes both JDK and Perry liars. They have thrown you a bone with no meat on it.

Liar is a strong word. If you are not directly tied to this project then again, you only know of what you read and hear..

If Perry wanted anything to do with fans he would come out and clarify what's going on/NOT going on.

It is his choice. Just as it is your choice to bore us with your bashing and negativity..

He hasn't been in touch with any fans for years, except to crawl out and acknowledge his BIRTHDAY message. That is NOT connecting with the fans. That is about him. Everything's about "him."

So what? He has a right to live his life anyway he wants just as you do.

It's obvious the only thing on his mind is collecting money from the Cash Cow he has set up. He wants nothing to do with Journey.

That is his choice.... Its his "Cash Cow" to cash in on....

What part of "He's laughing all the way to the bank," don't you understand?[/b][/color][/quote]

He can laugh all the way to the bank if he wants. Im sure he has earned
it......
captbythmmnt
Radio Waves

Previous

Return to Journey