hey andrew question about the journey houston dvd

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Postby perryfaithful » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:47 am

Monker wrote:
Because, according to JDK, he isn't motivated and there is nothing that can be done to motivate him.

....and you will be showing us that EXACT quote, correct Monker?
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby yak » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:00 pm

Monker wrote:Because, according to JDK, he isn't motivated and there is nothing that can be done to motivate him.

Can't get off that couch potato ass, unless there's a Hollywood broad in the picture. :shock:

Why then did Perry and Kalodner say it was "being worked on?"

Does nobody see a pattern here?? :roll:
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby perryfaithful » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:42 pm

yakov wrote:Can't get off that couch potato ass

...and in another thread it was calling Perry a fat ass, so what is your problem Yakov? Can't argue your point without such derogatory remarks?? You are reminding me of Tornado Jackson, just clouding the issues with foul remarks.
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby Journeynut » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:53 pm

Monker wrote:
yakov wrote:
LAWoman wrote:Yes, I know that is what is happening now. Doesn't anyone remember the story about Perry collaborating with someone over a year ago? I thought that was with Pack and something got screwed up with the record deal Pack had so it was never released.

That's right. This very album was being touted that long ago.

Why is it whenever Perry has something to do with a project, it never materializes?
:shock:

Because, according to JDK, he isn't motivated and there is nothing that can be done to motivate him.

According to JDK HE isn't motivated....is it JDK who isn't motivated or SP, and would you please post the exact quote. Thanks.
Anyway, what was I saying.........
Journeynut
Ol' 78

Postby mystichealer » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:03 am

What quote are we discussing here folks? I haven't seen any quote from JDK or Steve Perry or the band Journey, that says anything about Perry or JDK not being motivated.

Where is this quote? as all i have read on Kalodners site is that they hadn't started working on the dvd yet, and that it would not be released until at least 2005. That say's jack about not being motivated.

MH
mystichealer
Ol' 78

Postby perryfaithful » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:06 am

mystichealer wrote:What quote are we discussing here folks? I haven't seen any quote from JDK or Steve Perry or the band Journey, that says anything about Perry or JDK not being motivated.

Where is this quote? as all i have read on Kalodners site is that they hadn't started working on the dvd yet, and that it would not be released until at least 2005. That say's jack about not being motivated.

MH

EXACTLY what we are getting at. Monker needs to bring us the ACTUAL quote IF it really exists.
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby PROPERRY » Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:19 am

Yes Monker, tell us WHERE that quote is about Perry & JDK???

Lori
PROPERRY
8 Track

Postby Monker » Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:50 am

I'm not going to go digging thru JDK's site to find that.

He specificaly stated that Perry is not motivated to do any new projects and he can find nothing to motivate him.

That was in his QA section from at least a year or so ago.
Monker
MP3

Postby PROPERRY » Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:46 am

Monker wrote:I'm not going to go digging thru JDK's site to find that.

He specificaly stated that Perry is not motivated to do any new projects and he can find nothing to motivate him.

I still don't see an actual quote here, even if that was said at least year ago, or so. Perry has been doing things, like the song, "Can't Let You Go" with Jeff Golub ( out around August of 2003).

He worked with JDK on the Journey DVD that same year that came out around December. Perry was also involved with the Monster movie, and he also did some songs with David Pack that is due out in 2005, so "Perry's motivation" seems just fine to me. :D

Plus even If JDK said something like that, I think YOU are taking something out of context, and TRYING to put a spin on it to make it sound derogatory towards Steve Perry.

Lori
PROPERRY
8 Track

Postby perryfaithful » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:13 am

PROPERRY wrote:[

Plus even If JDK said something like that, I think YOU are taking something out of context, and TRYING to put a spin on it to make it sound derogatory towards Steve Perry.

Lori

I think that is what's happening!
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby yak » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:17 pm

Monker wrote:

Maybe he should try to find a you-know-what. :wink:

State a fact here that certain nameless individuals don't want to hear, and all hell breaks loose, and is directed at the one who brought the news.

Some people have rocks for brains.
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby Journeynut » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:14 pm

I have been monitoring JDKs site for 3 years and do not recall any type of comment like that. Surely that would have been quoted posted and plastered on every journey board on the net to further crucify perry if that were true.
Journeynut
Ol' 78

Postby LAWoman » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:35 am

Journeynut wrote:

I have been monitoring JDKs site for 3 years and do not recall any type of comment like that. Surely that would have been quoted posted and plastered on every journey board on the net to further crucify perry if that were true.

There was something vaguely like that, only not so harsh--and I don't recall him specifically using the words "motivated". JDK seems to prune his archives because there are a few things I recall being up there that are no longer there--probably a space issue, although some people could read something more paranoid and calculated into the disappearance of things from JDK's site like the way people read negativity into the pruning at Back Talk.

This, which is archived on a fan site, is probably what I am remembering:

July 17, 2002- John Kalodner, in response to the many questions he gets on the status of Steve's career, updated the Q&A segment of his website with the following news:

ANNOUNCEMENT TO STEVE PERRY FANS
Once and for all, if Steve Perry wanted to sing, or wants to sing at ANY TIME, any manager, promoter or agent would be ecstatic. It’s not that anyone is preventing him or standing in his way; in fact, the Journey band with Steve Augeri has an open invitation to him to sing any songs (or even one) at any Journey show, now or in the future. Irving Azoff and John Baruck (Journey’s managers) have an open invitation to Steve Perry to do one song, one show, or a tour, or anything Steve Perry would want to do, at any time. Unfortunately, at this time Steve Perry prefers a private life and does not want to sing.
- John Kalodner

http://www.dominicdambro.com/Journey.html
LAWoman
45 RPM

Postby Marabelle » Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:39 am

And what is the point of all of this?

1. He's unmotivated.
2. He doesn't want to sing.
3. He wants a privte life.

Does that make him a bad person?
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby Marabelle » Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:41 am

and I spelled PRIVATE without an "e". Sorry.
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:28 pm

Journeynut wrote:

You are not 'monitoring' things close enough...He specificaly (in a bit of a 'can we please move on from this' tone, IMO) said that Perry had no plans to release an album, or tour, or do anything else. He said he would love to work with Perry on something like this, but he does not want to do it. He said that he is not motivated to do it, and there is nothing that he can find that will motivate him.

That is what JDK said. If you don't believe it, it's your problem - not mine.
Monker
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:04 pm

Marabelle wrote:And what is the point of all of this?

1. He's unmotivated.
2. He doesn't want to sing.
3. He wants a privte life.

Does that make him a bad person?

Who was arguing that he was a bad person?

Much like your less than stellar attentiveness towards JDK's site, you seemingly have also just overlooked the very point of the argument of which you and the Perry fans here first initiated....Monker claimed that Kalodner went on record stating that Perry lacked motivation.
You all said, " Lah Lah Lah. I can't hear you. Don't wanna hear it. All lies. Prove it".

Well, by all accounts, it's been proved. There it is, in black & white, clear as crystal. Kalodner DID say that.

Game. Set. Match.

It's that simple.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby Marabelle » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:05 pm

What?
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby mystichealer » Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:40 pm

Does it really matter whether Steve Perry is motivated, or unmotivated. What business is it of anyone's apart from Steve Perry himself. He sung his heart out for many years with Journey, and put the band Journey on the map in the first place.
I would love to hear something from the man again, far more so than i wish to hear something new by the present incarnation of the band Journey, and i am damned sure that millions of others would love to hear from him again also. It wouldn't be the end of the world though if he stayed away from it all, as the Journey cd's with Perry and his solo work will always be around for anyone to hear if they wish.

Who gives a sh** if he aint motivated. I said earlier, Its HIS business and no one else's if he wishes to sing or not.

Any fan of the band Journey should (imo) be more worried about the band releasing anything else, rather than keep bickering on about Steve Perry all the time.

MH
mystichealer
Ol' 78

Postby perryfaithful » Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:40 pm

Well, by all accounts, it's been proved. There it is, in black & white, clear as crystal. Kalodner DID say that.

Game. Set. Match.

It's that simple.[/quote]

Excuse me, but WHERE was the word unmotivated in "black and white?"
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:31 am

mystichealer wrote:Does it really matter whether Steve Perry is motivated, or unmotivated. What business is it of anyone's apart from Steve Perry himself.

When people ask, "Why doesn't Perry....blah, blah, blah..." it absolutely DOES matter.

He sung his heart out for many years with Journey, and put the band Journey on the map in the first place.

Even if that is completely true, which I don't think it is, so what? I can question his motivation. What do you care if I do?

I would love to hear something from the man again, far more so than i wish to hear something new by the present incarnation of the band Journey, and i am damned sure that millions of others would love to hear from him again also.

Why would you believe there are 'millions' waiting her Perry again? That hasn't been true in 20yrs.

It wouldn't be the end of the world though if he stayed away from it all, as the Journey cd's with Perry and his solo work will always be around for anyone to hear if they wish.

Then listen to them and be happy. But, don't live under the illusion that there are 'millions' of fans waiting to hear from Perry. Don't live under the illusion that he's motivated to do anything significant musicaly.

Who gives a sh** if he aint motivated.

JDK and anybody else who wants to work with the guy should care how motivated he is so they are confident he will follow things thru to completion.

Any fan of the band Journey should (imo) be more worried about the band releasing anything else, rather than keep bickering on about Steve Perry all the time.

MH

So? This forum wants to talk about Perry, so I'm talking about Perry.
Monker
MP3

Postby PROPERRY » Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:09 am

Monker wrote:
mystichealer wrote:Does it really matter whether Steve Perry is motivated, or unmotivated. What business is it of anyone's apart from Steve Perry himself.

When people ask, "Why doesn't Perry....blah, blah, blah..." it absolutely DOES matter.

He sung his heart out for many years with Journey, and put the band Journey on the map in the first place.

Even if that is completely true, which I don't think it is, so what? I can question his motivation. What do you care if I do?

I would love to hear something from the man again, far more so than i wish to hear something new by the present incarnation of the band Journey, and i am damned sure that millions of others would love to hear from him again also.

Why would you believe there are 'millions' waiting her Perry again? That hasn't been true in 20yrs.

It wouldn't be the end of the world though if he stayed away from it all, as the Journey cd's with Perry and his solo work will always be around for anyone to hear if they wish.

Then listen to them and be happy. But, don't live under the illusion that there are 'millions' of fans waiting to hear from Perry. Don't live under the illusion that he's motivated to do anything significant musicaly.

Who gives a sh** if he aint motivated.

JDK and anybody else who wants to work with the guy should care how motivated he is so they are confident he will follow things thru to completion.

MH

So? This forum wants to talk about Perry, so I'm talking about Perry.

Hey Monker,

You want to know to know how JDK REALLY FEELS about Steve Perry??? Well here is a quote you can find at Jasparinas website: StevePerryOnline. net

Then scroll down to "Transcripts of John Koladner's Interview On Off The Record, aired on Feb. 22

I'll start the quote that JDK states about Steve Perry, "He 's a star and looks like a star, so even when I go to restuarants people still notice him. He has the aura of a star still even wearing regular clothes, because Steve Perry is a star as a singer, as a songwriter, as a personality."

JDK also stated in that same interview that Steve Perry is ONE of his favorite singers. JDK also stated something along the lines that HE would be estatic to work with Steve Perry again.

For those of you who doubt what I say, go read & learn for yourself how JDK really feels about Steve Perry!!! Monker doesn't know what he is talking about!!!

And just for the record here, it is Steve Perry's life to live it as HE CHOOSES, I will continue to be ONE of his many, many fans & keep supporting him, whether HE sings or not!!!!

Lori
PROPERRY
8 Track

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:15 am

PROPERRY wrote:

Hey Monker,

You want to know to know how JDK REALLY FEELS about Steve Perry??? Well here is a quote you can find at Jasparinas website: StevePerryOnline. net

Then scroll down to "Transcripts of John Koladner's Interview On Off The Record, aired on Feb. 22

I'll start the quote that JDK states about Steve Perry, "He 's a star and looks like a star, so even when I go to restuarants people still notice him. He has the aura of a star still even wearing regular clothes, because Steve Perry is a star as a singer, as a songwriter, as a personality."

JDK also stated in that same interview that Steve Perry is ONE of his favorite singers. JDK also stated something along the lines that HE would be estatic to work with Steve Perry again.

For those of you who doubt what I say, go read & learn for yourself how JDK really feels about Steve Perry!!! Monker doesn't know what he is talking about!!!
Lori

Sorry. That wasn't the issue.
We all know Kalodner has the upmost reverence for Steve Perry and for his talent. We all do.
But, again, nobody was arguing that.
Monker claimed Kalodner had officially stated that Perry has no interest in currently recording an album, touring or singing with Journey. You told Monker that there was no such quote, that he was full of malarkey and to either 'put up or shut up'.
Well, that qoute has now been provided.
End of story.

Time to let it go.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby LAWoman » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:45 am

perryfaithful wrote:Well, by all accounts, it's been proved. There it is, in black & white, clear as crystal. Kalodner DID say that.

Game. Set. Match.

It's that simple.

Excuse me, but WHERE was the word unmotivated in "black and white?"[/quote]

Well, it does't say "unmotivated" but JDK says Perry doesn't want to sing. So, uh, we can debate why he wouldn't want to sing. Let's see--logically, what are the reasons when someone doesn't want to do something. It can't be that someone is stopping him, because JDK said that wasn't the case (and we know whatever JDK says is the gospel, of course). You don't want it to be lack of motivation, so cross that off the list. He could be entirely motivated and currently lacks the ability--but I am betting you won't want to choose that one. So go ahead and speculate as to why Perry (in the words of JDK) doesn't want to sing, yet no one is stopping him--or you could just let it drop.
LAWoman
45 RPM

Postby PROPERRY » Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:12 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
PROPERRY wrote:

Hey Monker,

Lori

Sorry. That wasn't the issue.
We all know Kalodner has the upmost reverence for Steve Perry and for his talent. We all do.
But, again, nobody was arguing that.
Monker claimed Kalodner had officially stated that Perry has no interest in currently recording an album, touring or singing with Journey. You told Monker that there was no such quote, that he was full of malarkey and to either 'put up or shut up'.
Well, that qoute has now been provided.
End of story.

Time to let it go.

For someone who is new here & just joined, you sure do put a lot of words in my mouth that I did NOT say at all.

For one, I never said that there was "no quote, never used the word malarky, or even told Monker to "put up or shut up". :lol:

Those are ALL YOUR WORDS, not mine, so make sure before you start spouting off, you should at least get your facts straight about what I ACTUALLY said here.

Lori
PROPERRY
8 Track

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:53 pm

PROPERRY wrote:For someone who is new here & just joined, you sure do put a lot of words in my mouth that I did NOT say at all.

For one, I never said that there was "no quote, never used the word malarky, or even told Monker to "put up or shut up". :lol:

Those are ALL YOUR WORDS, not mine, so make sure before you start spouting off, you should at least get your facts straight about what I ACTUALLY said here.
Lori

I’m sorry. You’re right.
You in no way expressed any form of obstinate unwillingness to believe the existence of the Kalodner quote or in any ways challenged Monker to verify its existence. That was all spin on my part.
What you really said was....

PROPERRY wrote:“I still don't see an actual quote here”

PROPERRY wrote:“even If JDK said something like that, I think YOU are taking something out of context, and TRYING to put a spin on it to make it sound derogatory towards Steve Perry.”

PROPERRY wrote:"Yes Monker, tell us WHERE that quote is about Perry & JDK???”

Nope.
You clearly didn't doubt Monker or challenge him to verify the existence of that quote in any way at all. Again, I sincerely apologise.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby perryfaithful » Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:07 pm

MY MY....this was about the word UNMOTIVATED and NO one has found a comment from John Kalodner that uses THAT WORD with respect to Steve Perry! Alot of yack...but no word. Shall we move on??

....and yes Mr. Noble seems to have a problem putting words in others mouths. Very familiar problem. New guy huh? Yea right!
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby Journeynut » Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:07 am

perryfaithful wrote:MY MY....this was about the word UNMOTIVATED and NO one has found a comment from John Kalodner that uses THAT WORD with respect to Steve Perry! Alot of yack...but no word. Shall we move on??

....and yes Mr. Noble seems to have a problem putting words in others mouths. Very familiar problem. New guy huh? Yea right!

Exactly what is "the noble cause?"
Journeynut
Ol' 78

Postby LAWoman » Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:02 am

perryfaithful wrote:MY MY....this was about the word UNMOTIVATED and NO one has found a comment from John Kalodner that uses THAT WORD with respect to Steve Perry! Alot of yack...but no word. Shall we move on??

So what do you think JDK was saying? Perry is not unmotivated, but he doesn't want to sing even though no one is stopping him because: ______________
LAWoman
45 RPM

Postby PROPERRY » Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:29 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
PROPERRY wrote:For someone who is new here & just joined, you sure do put a lot of words in my mouth that I did NOT say at all.

Lori

I’m sorry. You’re right.
You in no way expressed any form of obstinate unwillingness to believe the existence of the Kalodner quote or in any ways challenged Monker to verify its existence. That was all spin on my part.
What you really said was....

PROPERRY wrote:“I still don't see an actual quote here”

PROPERRY wrote:“even If JDK said something like that, I think YOU are taking something out of context, and TRYING to put a spin on it to make it sound derogatory towards Steve Perry.”

PROPERRY wrote:"Yes Monker, tell us WHERE that quote is about Perry & JDK???”

Nope.
You clearly didn't doubt Monker or challenge him to verify the existence of that quote in any way at all. Again, I sincerely apologise.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Well The Noble Cause, I'm glad to hear that YOU ADMIT that the "spin was on your part". It was also very nice of you to apologize to me for it too. :lol: :lol:

I suggest in the future YOU take the time to READ ALL the messages carefully, BEFORE responding, so you don't get confused & will understand the WHOLE CONTEXT of what was ACTUALLY said here.

Lori
PROPERRY
8 Track

PreviousNext

Return to Journey