WHAT IF?????????

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

WHAT IF?????????

Postby yogi » Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:27 am

No this isnt a new assembly line about one of the weakest albums ever. What I am wondering is would Journey fans accept a new Journey CD with the current members except Steve P. replaces Steve A. on vocals. Then when it comes time to tour Steve A. does the touring so Steve P. can stay home if thats the big hang up. Would Steve P. be willing to do this?? How about Steve A??

Essentially this has what has been going on anyway. I like the idea, anyone else??????
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby Rockindeano » Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:31 am

Hell no. Never
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Liz22562 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:49 am

Yep - it's what is going on right now with the invitation extended to Steve Perry to join Journey for 1 minute, 1 song, or 1 concert. I don't think he is willing to do it since we still haven't heard from him as of this current date.

I would think that Steve Augeri may not even consider it also. He has recorded Arrival & Red 13 and apparently they are recording now for a new cd in 2005. Why walk in behind Perry again?

Interesting Post though. Looking forward to reading others views.....
Liz22562
8 Track

Postby JourneyTroll » Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:30 am

Yes, to Steve Perry on the CD and tour. No, to Steve Augeri. Maybe, Steve Augeri can sing lead vocals if Tall Stories gets back together.

Journeytroll
JourneyTroll
LP

Postby Abitaman » Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:42 am

Both could sing on the cd, along with Deen. And Perry can sit his butt at home, and I would still go see them, because JRNY is not just about Perry. Even though he is the greatest voice in rock.-ERIC
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:14 pm

Abitaman wrote:Both could sing on the cd, along with Deen. And Perry can sit his butt at home, and I would still go see them, because JRNY is not just about Perry. Even though he is the greatest voice in rock.-ERIC
I'd say a close second to Robert Plant...just my opinion though. :wink:

Postby Rockindeano » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:50 pm

ShawRiff wrote:
Abitaman wrote:Both could sing on the cd, along with Deen. And Perry can sit his butt at home, and I would still go see them, because JRNY is not just about Perry. Even though he is the greatest voice in rock.-ERIC

Uh, voice wise. Plant cannot hold a candle to Perry....now screaming..that is different. ANY music/voice coach will tell you, unequivocably, that Perry is a much better vocalist than Plant..not subjective, just fact...
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:17 am

Rock'ndeano wrote:
ShawRiff wrote:

Uh, voice wise. Plant cannot hold a candle to Perry....now screaming..that is different. ANY music/voice coach will tell you, unequivocably, that Perry is a much better vocalist than Plant..not subjective, just fact...
I plead ignorance on the subject of the whole mechanics of signing R'n'D. What makes Perry the better singer? His range? Technique?
Not being argumentative, just curious.

Postby Rockindeano » Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:02 am

I plead ignorance on the subject of the whole mechanics of signing R'n'D. What makes Perry the better singer? His range? Technique?
Not being argumentative, just curious.[/quote]

I took voice lessons a while back, and having done that, I was able to look at certain singers and be able to say, "you know that one has a really good delivery, or that guy, has outstanding range" and so forth. Perry, was able to(don't really know if he can anymore), reach into a different octave...He was able to "circle" his voice around a lyric, or belch out a non emotional line....I respect Plants vocals, but IMO, Perry could sing just about any kind of music there was.. It's just not being able to "hit the high notes" but also sing with a cemented diaphram that sold the voice...
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:00 pm

Rock'ndeano wrote:I plead ignorance on the subject of the whole mechanics of signing R'n'D. What makes Perry the better singer? His range? Technique?
Not being argumentative, just curious.

I took voice lessons a while back, and having done that, I was able to look at certain singers and be able to say, "you know that one has a really good delivery, or that guy, has outstanding range" and so forth. Perry, was able to(don't really know if he can anymore), reach into a different octave...He was able to "circle" his voice around a lyric, or belch out a non emotional line....I respect Plants vocals, but IMO, Perry could sing just about any kind of music there was.. It's just not being able to "hit the high notes" but also sing with a cemented diaphram that sold the voice...[/quote] Reaching a different octave???!!! That HAS to be something only a few singers can do.
Interesting. Thanks R'n'D.

Postby sngrchk04 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:44 am

IMO, Perry could sing just about any kind of music there was.. It's just not being able to "hit the high notes" but also sing with a cemented diaphram that sold the voice..

AMEN TO THAT!!!

I took Classical Voice Training, too....and if more people realized that the foundation of a powerful voice comes from the diaphragm and not the throat, then there'd be a ton of good singers out there.
http://www.noradalby.freewebspace.com

~* "11th House" - 04.11.06 *~
sngrchk04
45 RPM

Postby Rockindeano » Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:41 am

AMEN TO THAT!!!

I took Classical Voice Training, too....and if more people realized that the foundation of a powerful voice comes from the diaphragm and not the throat, then there'd be a ton of good singers out there.[/quote]
[/quote]

sngrchck- I sent you a message....respond will you??? Thanks
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Re: WHAT IF?????????

Postby jrnyman28 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:22 am

yogi wrote:No this isnt a new assembly line about one of the weakest albums ever. What I am wondering is would Journey fans accept a new Journey CD with the current members except Steve P. replaces Steve A. on vocals. Then when it comes time to tour Steve A. does the touring so Steve P. can stay home if thats the big hang up. Would Steve P. be willing to do this?? How about Steve A??

Essentially this has what has been going on anyway. I like the idea, anyone else??????

This was an option originally when they brought Augeri in. Journey offered Perry this option and he declined it.

Now that it has been almost 8 years, there is NO reason for Journey to do that.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Return to Journey