Saga

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Saga

Postby RockInDetroit » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:39 pm

Not much mention of Saga on this website. Would like to start a topic about them. They have out something like 20 cds now and continue putting out cds about every year and a half. There music is stil great and they just don't get the exposure of many other bands. Maybe because most consider them Prog.....me I never thought of myself a Prog fan but I love this band....very melodic. I got their latest cd Trust and it is very good. Saga has even started touring the USA again, it has been about 20 years since they came to America. If you get the chance listen to some of their song samples. And if they come to your town go see them...in my opinion the are the best live act there is.

Here is their website:
http://www.sagaontour.ca/
Last edited by RockInDetroit on Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby styxdudebrandon » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:25 am

I saw them in July and they were great! The main singer has hair again.
styxdudebrandon
45 RPM

Postby RockInDetroit » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:48 pm

Michael has a new hairdo/facial hair for every cd. For a while supported a Freddie Mercury look, then it was Sting, then he went bald, last I saw he was growing his hair back but it was still short. Saga is such a great band. Got every cd they ever made. They are also fantastic live. Fortunately for me I live in Detroit and can make small road trips to Canada. From what I hear they are planning more US dates. I hope they hook up with another band like....Styx or Asia. Saga has been close with the guys in each band. In fact I saw them with Styx about 5 years ago. Ian Crichton has played on recent Asia cds and John Wetton has opened for Saga on European dates. So maybe we will see them with one of those two bands.
Last edited by RockInDetroit on Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby styxdudebrandon » Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:21 am

RockInDetroit wrote:Michael has a new hairdo/facial hair for every cd. For a while supported a Freddie Mercury look, then it was Sting, then he went bald, last I saw he was growing his hair back but it was still short. Saga is such a great band. Got every cd they ever made. They are also fantastic live. Fortunately for me I live in Detroit and can make small road trips to Canada. From what I hear they are planning more US dates. I hope they hook up with another band like....Styx or Asia. Saga has been close with the guys in each band. In fact I saw them with Styx about 5 years ago. Ian Crichton has planned on recent Asia cds and John Wetton has opened for Saga on European dates. So maybe we will see them with one of those two bands.
à

I saw them in Ottawa last Year they opened for styx and then like I said in July they opened for styx at rock the park
styxdudebrandon
45 RPM

Postby strangeways » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:28 pm

On The Loose ruled!
8)
strangeways
Radio Waves

Sad to see...

Postby NCscarab » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:41 pm

I'm a Saga fan as well and really thought the last release ( Trust) was a great Saga record. I was somewhat surprised to see that M.Sadler was leaving the band and am wondering what is next for the remaining members.
Take a ride on a rocket, take your mind, unlock it...
NCscarab
Ol' 78

Postby gr8dane » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:37 am

I love Saga also,and am sad about the split.But hey,I think I got 30 good years out of them.
Jesus loves you ,but everybody else thinks you're a knob.
gr8dane
Stereo LP

Postby strangeways » Tue May 22, 2007 3:33 pm

Dig SAGA big time.
I am looking forward to that World's Apart Revisited CD/DVD set.
strangeways
Radio Waves

Postby Franky » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:17 pm

Its sad that Michael stops with it, but,... everything comes to an end ...
Franky
Ol' 78

Postby Lady Luck » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:50 pm

strangeways wrote:On The Loose ruled!
8)

That's the only song I know by Saga. LOL They played the hell out of the video on MTV.
Lady Luck
Cassette Tape

Postby RockInDetroit » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:18 am

Lady Luck wrote:
strangeways wrote:On The Loose ruled!
8)

That's the only song I know by Saga. LOL They played the hell out of the video on MTV.

Check them out on YouTube then. Saga also had a couple other videos that got a lot of play on MTV: Widn Him Up, The Flyer and Don't be Late. Some others also got some play but those were the 4 (including On The Loose) that got the most play.

www.sagaontour.ca
RockInDetroit
LP

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara