Unreleased Jimi Jamison tracks from a 1993 project

RIP Frankie's Playtoy

Moderator: Andrew

Unreleased Jimi Jamison tracks from a 1993 project

Postby manny » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:44 pm

Yes, The search is over. Jimi Jamison was part of many projects between 1988 when Survivor was in "hiatus" to 2000 when he returned to Survivor, he wrote several songs too in those years. I knew from a project at about 1993, but I had no more info about it. Now, I have discovered it. He did that project with Steve Cox and was called The MoFo Sessions, you can hear 10 tracks co-wrote by Jamison and Cox and featuring Jamison's Survivor guitarrists Hal McCormack and John Roth. McCormack also played on the song, "Ever Since the World Began", which was featured on the Sylvester Stallone film, Lock Up.
The songs in this project are more in a pop/rock direction, a bit soft and quiet, but Jamison's voice sounds good specially in the great ballad "The big mistake" and in "Fire for a cold heart".
Here is the link:
http://stevecox.com/joomla/
Click at "Select station here", then choose "Jimi Jamison and me 1993" and then click at "Click here to tune it in", that's all.
What's your opinion about that project?
manny
Radio Waves

Postby MarcelJordan » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:18 pm

Hey, tks for this!

Interesting stuff indeed. These are my picks in no particular order:

Take me to the other side, Trust turns to dust and , The phone keeps on ringing. 8)
MarcelJordan
Cassette Tape

Postby bulldog » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:26 am

:lol: I have listened to that music . I thought Jimi sounded awesome on there .. His vocals with more keyboard / piano sounds incredible.. Jimi should release all his stuff . There are far too many demos and other music he has done that is just laying around.
bulldog
Ol' 78

Postby Joe Vana » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:59 am

bulldog wrote::lol: I have listened to that music . I thought Jimi sounded awesome on there .. His vocals with more keyboard / piano sounds incredible.. Jimi should release all his stuff . There are far too many demos and other music he has done that is just laying around.

LOVE his vocals....that's the Jimi I remember!!!!!

The tunes I don't dig as much.....but what a voice he had back then....AMAZING.....

JV
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape

Postby Journey/Survivor » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:11 pm

MarcelJordan wrote:Hey, tks for this!

Take me to the other side, Trust turns to dust and , The phone keeps on ringing. 8)

Now "Take Me To The Otherside" I have, but I've never heard "Trust Turns To Dust" or "The Phone Keeps On Ringing."
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:17 pm

Does anyone have good sounding versions of any of those Jamison demos? All of the ones I have sound like crapy recordings. I don't mean the songs, their great, but the recordings that I have on a CD are loaded with tons of hiss and gargle and other crap. My Fire Makes Steel demos sound almost as bad.

If anyone has good sounding versions of those songs please let me know.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby MarcelJordan » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:14 pm

Journey/Survivor wrote:

Now "Take Me To The Otherside" I have, but I've never heard "Trust Turns To Dust" or "The Phone Keeps On Ringing."

Im confused. You mean not heard before? :?:
MarcelJordan
Cassette Tape

Postby Journey/Survivor » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:14 pm

MarcelJordan wrote:
Journey/Survivor wrote:

Yes, I have never heard the songs "Trust Turns To Dust" ot "The Phone Keeps On Ringing." In fact, I had never even known that he did a song called "Trust Turns To Dust."

"Take Me To The Otherside" I do have however.

I have never had a copy of Jimi's remake of ESTWB either. I've only gotten to hear it from the Stallone movie "Lockup."

Oh, and I've never heard Jimi's song "Keep It Evergreen" either. Is that one a Christmas song or something like that? I bought Empires as soon as it was out, so that songs not on my Empires CD.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby MarcelJordan » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:02 pm

Journey/Survivor wrote:
MarcelJordan wrote:
Journey/Survivor wrote:

Yes, I have never heard the songs "Trust Turns To Dust" ot "The Phone Keeps On Ringing." In fact, I had never even known that he did a song called "Trust Turns To Dust."

"Take Me To The Otherside" I do have however.

I have never had a copy of Jimi's remake of ESTWB either. I've only gotten to hear it from the Stallone movie "Lockup."

Oh, and I've never heard Jimi's song "Keep It Evergreen" either. Is that one a Christmas song or something like that? I bought Empires as soon as it was out, so that songs not on my Empires CD.

Ok .I thought you didn't hear it on the present website that Manny let us know about. With regards to Keep it evergreen, not really following JJ's stuff that much to know whether it was Christmas song. :cry:
MarcelJordan
Cassette Tape

Postby IngoK » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:09 pm

Thanks for the Info but it's not working on my mac :(
IngoK
LP

Postby MarcelJordan » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:00 pm

IngoK wrote:Thanks for the Info but it's not working on my mac :(

Maybe it will only work on Windows. Ingo, can't you use Windows on your mac?
MarcelJordan
Cassette Tape

Postby IngoK » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:01 pm

MarcelJordan wrote:

I already asked a friend for helping me with this. Many thanks Marcel.
IngoK
LP

Postby MarcelJordan » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:14 pm

IngoK wrote:
MarcelJordan wrote:

I already asked a friend for helping me with this. Many thanks Marcel.

Don't know if I actually helped you but you're welcome! :D
MarcelJordan
Cassette Tape

Postby Eyeof » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:26 pm

"Keep it Evergreen" is a Christmas song...it's not bad....
Eyeof
Cassette Tape

Postby IngoK » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:47 pm

Eyeof wrote:"Keep it Evergreen" is a Christmas song...it's not bad....

Never liked "Keep it Evergreen" so much, think "Christmas is here" is better.
IngoK
LP

Postby Eyeof » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:33 pm

Like i said...not my favorite...not bad though...I'll give it a listen or two during christmas....Christmas Is Here is better....

And I love "Christmas Time" by Bryan Adams...great song...
Eyeof
Cassette Tape

Postby manny » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:51 am

More info about the Jimi Jamison/Steve Cox Project, these tracks were recorded in 1992/93, most of them were recorded at Jimi's home studio. Steve played synths, programming and vocals, Jim lead vocals, Hal McCormack and John Roth guitars, Buddy Davis, on lead guitar, Buddy was Jimi's bandmate from the Target days. Hal Butler piano and keyboards, Hal played later with SURVIVOR (Jimi Jamison's) until 2000 and played keyboards in "Empires". I think these tracks were not recorded to be a full album beacause of their different styles (pop-rock, reagee, country) maybe they recorded to sold them to other artist.
manny
Radio Waves

Postby Franky » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:38 pm

Many thanks for that one! ... Love most of the songs ... I wish Jimis new album would be as good as most of those ones
Really great find !!! :P
Franky
Ol' 78

Return to Survivor / Jim Peterik / Toby Hitchcock / Pride Of Lions / Marc Scherer / Sir Jimi (RIP)