A Sure Sign of the Apocalypse....

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

A Sure Sign of the Apocalypse....

Postby TRAGChick » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:24 am

....I'm pretty sure it was w/ Arnel on vox....

I heard a Dance Remix ~ yes ANOTHER Dance Remix ~ Of "Don't Stop Believin'" on the radio the other day.

:shock: :shock:

It wasn't the one w/ Deen - it was a NEW one.
TRAGChick
Compact Disc

Postby jrnyman28 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:26 am

Was it Carol Decker from T'Pau? I heard she re-did DSB and it's on her MySpace. I really liked her in T'Pau...
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby TRAGChick » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:33 am

jrnyman28 wrote:Was it Carol Decker from T'Pau? I heard she re-did DSB and it's on her MySpace. I really liked her in T'Pau...

Very interesting....

I wonder if Steve Perry knows he's being sampled: :x

VERY FAINTLY in the mix, you can hear "on and on and on and on...."
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=63020135
TRAGChick
Compact Disc

Postby S2M » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:41 am

jrnyman28 wrote:Was it Carol Decker from T'Pau? I heard she re-did DSB and it's on her MySpace. I really liked her in T'Pau...

Any grooup that names themselves after a Star Trek character is OK by me..... :wink:

S2M
MP3

Postby Gordon from Edinburgh » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:51 am

TRAGChick wrote:

Very interesting....

I wonder if Steve Perry knows he's being sampled: :x

VERY FAINTLY in the mix, you can hear "on and on and on and on...."
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=63020135

Thanks for sharing - Perry's lawyers should know - cos the band should be getting full writing credits for that.
Sacrilege is the word that springs to mind - but i really liked T'pau and saw them a coupla times - weirdly - they once supported Bryan Adams and the first time i saw them they supported Nik Kershaw........she was a fine singer live - but this reeks of clutching at straws......amazing how that song gets everywhere tho....a guy at work bought a new phone and it was one of three free songs already on the phone - he knew nothing about the band and is now on at me to copy all the albums. I copied Escape for him and told him to get out and buy the rest!
Gordon from Edinburgh
8 Track

Postby jrnyfan@nc.rr.com » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:36 am

..I'm pretty sure it was w/ Arnel on vox....

A few months back "Weekend Warriors" put out a dance mix of DSB - Jeremy said he did the vocals, perhaps that's what you heard?
jrnyfan@nc.rr.com
Ol' 78

Postby TRAGChick » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:43 am

jrnyfan@nc.rr.com wrote:

A few months back "Weekend Warriors" put out a dance mix of DSB - Jeremy said he did the vocals, perhaps that's what you heard?

Hmmmm....I don't know....It was on CT Radio - WKSS "Kiss FM" 95.7 :?:
TRAGChick
Compact Disc

Postby conversationpc » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:57 am

Anyone who makes a "dance" remix of a Journey song deserves to be immediately shot dead on the spot. In fact, I think all recording studios should employe armed guards that take care of this kind of thing immediately.
My blog = Dave's Dominion

conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Postby Jeremey » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:23 am

jrnyfan@nc.rr.com wrote:

UK dance producer and music mogul John Truelove worked with a couple of UK producers to do a version of "DSB" last year and hired me to do vocals. At the time I was generally considered the new lead singer of Journey, and Jonathan Cain actually told me to "go for it" while waiting to make any money with Journey. Of course that all fell apart but I did cut the vocal, and the last I heard from John Truelove was that the song had found a UK label and distributor but could not get a US mechanical license, and so it was just being released overseas. I believe the Weekend Warriors version of that mix was one submitted to that compilation while they sorted out the label details.
Jeremey
Stereo LP

Postby conversationpc » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:24 am

Jeremey wrote:
jrnyfan@nc.rr.com wrote:

UK dance producer and music mogul John Truelove worked with a couple of UK producers to do a version of "DSB" last year and hired me to do vocals. At the time I was generally considered the new lead singer of Journey, and Jonathan Cain actually told me to "go for it" while waiting to make any money with Journey. Of course that all fell apart but I did cut the vocal, and the last I heard from John Truelove was that the song had found a UK label and distributor but could not get a US mechanical license, and so it was just being released overseas. I believe the Weekend Warriors version of that mix was one submitted to that compilation while they sorted out the label details.

You should be shot dead. :twisted:

conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Postby Jeremey » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:27 am

conversationpc wrote:
Jeremey wrote:
jrnyfan@nc.rr.com wrote:

Ooooh!! Is that a death threat!! :lol:
Jeremey
Stereo LP

Postby conversationpc » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:29 am

Jeremey wrote:
conversationpc wrote:
Jeremey wrote:
jrnyfan@nc.rr.com wrote:

Ooooh!! Is that a death threat!! :lol:

I don't even have so much as a BB Gun. My daughter does have a super soaker, though.

conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Postby Jeremey » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:30 am

conversationpc wrote:
I don't even have so much as a BB Gun. My daughter does have a super soaker, though.

Just kidding...A little callback to an earlier controversy.
Jeremey
Stereo LP

Return to Journey