AP, Steven Tyler and Aerosmith

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

AP, Steven Tyler and Aerosmith

Postby Chubby321 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:38 am

Credit goes to Bitterhalf of AP's site.
Just a short mention of AP in this article from BeatCrave: http://beatcrave.com/2009-11-09/steven- ... aerosmith/

Steven Tyler Has Reportedly Quit Aerosmith
Monday, November 9, 2009 9:09AM - By Jeffrey Hyatt

Dude looks like an ex-Aerosmith lead singer. Looks as if Steven Tyler has reached the end of his legendary run with Aerosmith. According to reports he’s quit the band, which leaves the future of the famous rock act up in the air.

Rumors had been swirling for awhile about Tyler possibly jumping ship to focus on solo projects, but now Aerosmith lead guitarist Joe Perry has given the story a finale, telling the Las Vegas Sun that “Steven quit as far as I can tell,” adding that “he has had no contact with me or the other band members.”

It’s been a rough go lately for Tyler and Aerosmith. The bulk of their recent world tour had to be canceled in August after the singer fell from the stage at a concert in South Dakota and broke his shoulder. And then there was the interview with Classic Rock Magazine where Tyler said his new focus was going to be on “Brand Tyler,” which sounds goofy coming from such a rock legend (I mean, is he launching a line of sneakers, cologne?), but no doubt it’s the sort of language that didn’t bode well for the band as we know it.

According to the Las Vegas Sun article, part of the problem throughout all this confusion is that Tyler has been incommunicado, opting to keep the rest of the band in the dark.

C’mon Steve, pick up a phone!

Said Perry:

“He’s notorious for that,” said Perry. That’s one thing I’ve learned to live with. I try to overlook it. I like to pick my battles. Frankly, the last few months I’ve been wanting not to rock the boat. I don’t want him canceling any more gigs. I got off the plane and saw this online. That’s how I know about it.”

So if Tyler has really flown the coop, the next question is what happens to Aerosmith?

For Perry, he wants to keep the band moving forward, but obviously he’s still shaken up about his longtime collaborator quitting.

“Right now I’m adjusting to how we’re going to go on. Aerosmith is such a powerful band, I mean it’s like a steam locomotive. You just can’t disregard 40 years of four guys who play together as well as they do. We’re just trying to – at least I am – trying to figure out what direction the band should take.”

It would be tough to imagine someone other than Steven Tyler singing “Toys in the Attic” and “Dream On,” but the band has the right to keep rockin’. Does anyone know if Arnel Pineda knows any old Aerosmith tunes? Maybe he could perform double-duty between Journey and Aerosmith?

But seriously, Tyler has been one of the premier rock vocalists for decades, fronting a classic rock band that in its heyday played some of the best bluesy-rock ever. They would go on to overcome internal conflict, adapt to an MTV world and attract an entire new generation of fans, all the while cementing their legacy as one of the great American rock n’ roll bands of all-time.

So for fans it’s a sad day, the end of the road for Aerosmith – with Steven Tyler that is.

But if Tyler wants to do his own thing – good luck. Perry and the other three members have every right to keep the train a rollin’.

Perry:

“As far as replacing Steve, it’s not just about that, it’s also four guys that play extremely well together, and I’m not going to see that go to waste. I really don’t know what path it’s going to take at this point, but we’ll probably find somebody else that will sing in those spots where we need a singer and then we’ll be able to move the Aerosmith up a notch, move the vibe up a notch.”

:lol:
Last edited by Chubby321 on Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arnel Pineda's official site.

http://arnelpinedarocks.com/
Chubby321
Cassette Tape

Postby lights1961 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:41 am

:-)

Steve Augeri might be looking for a gig... or can JSS do Areosmith???
Rick
lights1961
Compact Disc

Postby Playitloudforme » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:58 am

This is being covered on the "For best results" forum, btw.
Playitloudforme
Cassette Tape

Postby Since 78 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:24 am

Adam Lambert?
Still They Ride
Since 78
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Deb » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:50 am

lights1961 wrote::-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz-qrfGsnRs
Now Playing: Green Tinted Sixties Mind - Live. https://youtu.be/e9YPFXVNINU?si=zDfcdUBpoaDSatLG
Deb
MP3

Postby Since 78 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:56 am

Deb wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MHqnchQbr4 :)
Still They Ride
Since 78
Digital Audio Tape

Postby StoneCold » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:46 pm

Since 78 wrote:Adam Lambert?

Hugo?
StoneCold
Compact Disc

Postby cscott » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:52 pm

Kelly Hansen would be the perfect replacement. He sounds great, and looks a hell of a lot like Steven Tyler !
Living is much easier once we admit we're dying - Dream Theater
cscott
Ol' 78

Postby slucero » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:04 pm

Tyler got tired of singing the "Dirty 3 Dozen".... :lol:

rumor has it, he told Joe Perry, "call yourself something else, don't fracture the stone that is Aerosmith"...

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby Jana » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:46 pm

slucero wrote:Tyler got tired of singing the "Dirty 3 Dozen".... :lol:

rumor has it, he told Joe Perry, "call yourself something else, don't fracture the stone that is Aerosmith"...

And Joe Perry said, F'k him. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jana
Digital Audio Tape

Postby portland » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:53 pm

Jana wrote:

Funny Girl!!! :lol:
What's left After You Fall?.....A Cover Band?
portland
Compact Disc

Postby lights1961 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:39 am

Deb wrote:

WOW...goosebumps, GREAT VERSION of Cryin.

HE is a very versatile singer... getting to love his style.
Rick
lights1961
Compact Disc

Postby Blueskies » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:39 am

lights1961 wrote:
Deb wrote:

Agreed, he is very versatile and sings songs in the way they were written and intended to be sung. I like what he does on his own and would prefer he continue with it but having said that, I can easily see him in Aerosmith.
Blueskies
Digital Audio Tape

Postby journeyrock » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:39 am

Jana wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now that was good!
"as long as they have to carry DSB as their banner, it looks like Perry will be right there with them as an overseer, ready to wield his veto power on all things Classic Journey." As quoted by Don on 12/7/2010
journeyrock
Cassette Tape

Postby Jana » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:44 am

Blueskies wrote:
lights1961 wrote:
Deb wrote:

Agreed, he is very versatile and sings songs in the way they were written and intended to be sung. I like what he does on his own and would prefer he continue with it but having said that, I can easily see him in Aerosmith.

I like his voice tone better in the Aerosmith song than in his original music. Maybe he should join Aerosmith. :lol: Queen and Aerosmith could start a bidding war for Jeff since they're both looking for a lead singer. :wink: Of course, Adam Lambert did both fantastically. He's probably getting calls as we speak.
Jana
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Abitaman » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:51 am

Lets hope Adam is not getting calls
Yea he could change the song titles to "Lady Looks Like A Dude"
Sis John
Boy Keeps Tearin Me Apart
He's down
Going down/Love in The Back door
My Guy
Eat The F***t
Stiff
Little 3 inch

And it goes on and on....

Thanks but No THANKs to Adam Lambert, Aerosmith would never be the same old song and dance
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby Don » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:55 am

Does Pineda want to be known as the replacement guy? Never recognized for his own work but good as a pinch hitter, one of those "one size fits all" generic patches you can buy at the hardware store?
Don
Super Audio CD

Postby Jana » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:57 am

Gunbot wrote:Does Pineda want to be known as the replacement guy? Never recognized for his own work but good as a pinch hitter, one of those "one size fits all" generic patches you can buy at the hardware store?

Wow, what happened to your sense of humor? I don't think anyone is being serious in this thread even re Arnel, Augeri, Kelly Hansen, JSS and AL, and even the remark in the article re Arnel was tongue-in-cheek.
Jana
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Don » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:03 am

Jana wrote:
Gunbot wrote:Does Pineda want to be known as the replacement guy? Never recognized for his own work but good as a pinch hitter, one of those "one size fits all" generic patches you can buy at the hardware store?

Wow, what happened to your sense of humor? I don't think anyone is being serious in this thread even re Arnel, Augeri, Kelly Hansen, JSS and AL, and even the remark in the article re Arnel was tongue-in-cheek.

I left my humor in the Top forum.
Don
Super Audio CD

Postby Michigan Girl » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:04 am

Gunbot wrote:
Jana wrote:

Well...some of these people are serious!! :wink:
Michigan Girl
MP3

Postby Ligzig » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:06 am

As much as you hang on Arnels nuts, maybe you should be his manager?

Nothing I like more than armchair analysts. I haven't been here in weeks and I come back to the same people doing the same song and dance.

Maybe you should follow your own advice and work on some original material. ;)
Ligzig
45 RPM

Postby Jana » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:07 am

Michigan Girl wrote:
Gunbot wrote:
Jana wrote:

Well...some of these people are serious!! :wink:

True, maybe on other singers here. But Arnel was mentioned once in this whole thread, and that's in the article and definitely tongue-in-cheek. :wink:
Jana
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Voyager » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:24 am

Examiner.com wrote:Aerosmith's Perry says band is looking for new singer

Joe Perry, legendary lead guitarist for the band Areosmith has indicated that the band may be looking for a new singer to replace longtime front man and fellow band founder, Steve Tyler.

Perry made his announcement on Twitter late Monday, indicating that the band is “not splitting up” but “looking for a new singer to work with.” The tweet was made as speculation about the future of lead singer Tyler has grown since the band cancelled its summer tour due to Tyler’s injuries incurred during a fall from the stage.

Joe Perry also spoke on WKXL radio, in Concord, New Hampshire, that Tyler has not communicated with the band regarding his intentions. Instead Perry discovered the singer’s apparent desire to go solo after reading about it online.

The 61-year-old Tyler, who could not be reached for comment, fell off a stage during an August 5th concert in South Dakota, and the band canceled the remainder of its summer tour.

According to Perry’s WKXL interview, "After the tour got canceled, he just kept drifting off and doing other things. We would hear things from different people. He wasn't talking directly to anybody in the band So basically, he just made the announcement that he was taking some time off."

Areosmith has racked up a long history of rock hits and to this point has been one of the longest running rock acts. Time will tell how well a new singer will be received by fans.
Voyager
Compact Disc

Postby WalrusOct9 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:26 am

I feel bad for whoever they get. No way they're going to be properly accepted by the fans, no matter how good they are. Even if they sound like Tyler, the persona onstage is what sold Aerosmith, particularly after they stopped making new music anyone cared about.

At least with Journey, Queen, bands like that...there was such a lengthy gap that the new singers could at least be viewed under the understanding that the original singers were not coming back and it was either this or nothing...but I can't see Aerosmith just picking up a new singer and going out next year, unless they want to play smaller theaters and re-establish themselves.

I'm a big fan of 'real' (pre Dianne Warren) Aerosmith...if they were playing a theater at a reasonable price with Perry guiding the band, I would consider it, since I imagine the setlist would be heavier on older, bluesier tunes and not Tyler's pop stuff.
-Steve C.
WalrusOct9
Cassette Tape

Postby Deb » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:28 am

Jana wrote:
Blueskies wrote:
lights1961 wrote:
Deb wrote:

I like his voice tone better in the Aerosmith song than in his original music. Maybe he should join Aerosmith. :lol: Queen and Aerosmith could start a bidding war for Jeff since they're both looking for a lead singer. :wink: Of course, Adam Lambert did both fantastically. He's probably getting calls as we speak.

As much as JSS does an excellent job on Aerosmith stuff, I think the only band I'd like to see him front is Queen. The JSS Queen dvd just cements that to me. If not Queen, then on his own.......I love that he has the freedom to do whatever genre of music he wants and ya never know what's coming next.
Now Playing: Green Tinted Sixties Mind - Live. https://youtu.be/e9YPFXVNINU?si=zDfcdUBpoaDSatLG
Deb
MP3

Postby Don » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:31 am

Ligzig wrote:

Nothing I like more than armchair analysts. I haven't been here in weeks and I come back to the same people doing the same song and dance.

As soon as you take my dick out of your mouth, maybe I will.
Don
Super Audio CD

Postby Behshad » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:46 am

Gunbot wrote:
Ligzig wrote:

Behshad
MP3

Postby FishinMagician » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:01 am

Ligzig wrote:

that is always good advice
FishinMagician
8 Track

Postby Ehwmatt » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:19 am

Gunbot wrote:
Ligzig wrote:

LOL For the win
Ehwmatt
MP3

Postby Michigan Girl » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:31 am

Gunbot wrote:
Ligzig wrote:

LMAO!!!
nothing more to say!! :wink:
Michigan Girl
MP3

Next

Return to Journey