Printing error on the Rock Candy WSC reissue?

It's The Singer Not The Song

Moderator: Andrew

Printing error on the Rock Candy WSC reissue?

Postby RyanHippFTW » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:30 pm

I got myself a copy of the Rock Candy Records rerelease of When Seconds Count over the weekend, and the printing on the disc itself looks kinda off. Instead of just having a solid background, the band's logo and text, there is this odd splotch of bright-blue toward the top. Kinda looks like a cloud. It doesn't really look right compared to their other Survivor CDs, and I'm wanting to know if this is an error just on my copy and whether I need to return it, or if this is how all the discs got printed or if its supposed to look that way. If anyone on the forum has a copy, some help would be greatly appreciated.
RyanHippFTW
Ol' 78

Re: Printing error on the Rock Candy WSC reissue?

Postby Journey/Survivor » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:16 pm

RyanHippFTW wrote:I got myself a copy of the Rock Candy Records rerelease of When Seconds Count over the weekend, and the printing on the disc itself looks kinda off. Instead of just having a solid background, the band's logo and text, there is this odd splotch of bright-blue toward the top. Kinda looks like a cloud. It doesn't really look right compared to their other Survivor CDs, and I'm wanting to know if this is an error just on my copy and whether I need to return it, or if this is how all the discs got printed or if its supposed to look that way. If anyone on the forum has a copy, some help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the MR forums!

My Rock Candy reissue of"Too Hot To Sleep" says "When Seconds Count" on one part of the artwork.
Frankie Sullivan doesn't see any value in Survivor, or else he'd record a new Survivor album.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Slander » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:39 am

Journey/Survivor wrote:
RyanHippFTW wrote:I got myself a copy of the Rock Candy Records rerelease of When Seconds Count over the weekend, and the printing on the disc itself looks kinda off. Instead of just having a solid background, the band's logo and text, there is this odd splotch of bright-blue toward the top. Kinda looks like a cloud. It doesn't really look right compared to their other Survivor CDs, and I'm wanting to know if this is an error just on my copy and whether I need to return it, or if this is how all the discs got printed or if its supposed to look that way. If anyone on the forum has a copy, some help would be greatly appreciated.

My Rock Candy reissue of"Too Hot To Sleep" says "When Seconds Count" on one part of the artwork.

I guess this is what Frankie means by unauthorized releases.
"But it ain't about how hard you hit... it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward." Rocky Balboa
Slander
Stereo LP

Postby RyanHippFTW » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:39 am

Here is a picture of the WSC CD I got so everybody can get what I'm talking about. There are also a few of their other Survivor CDs in the frame for comparison.

If anyone else has the Rock Candy WSC, does it look like that?
RyanHippFTW
Ol' 78

Postby Andrew » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:31 am

No it doesn't....it's a print error.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby RyanHippFTW » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:47 pm

Thanks, man. I'll be returning it for a replacement tomorrow. :)
RyanHippFTW
Ol' 78

Postby Mikele » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:25 am

I have extra sealed copies of both "vital sign" and "caught in the game" by Rock Candy. If anyone's interested...cheap
Mikele
Ol' 78

Postby Joe Vana » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:04 am

Mikele wrote:I have extra sealed copies of both "vital sign" and "caught in the game" by Rock Candy. If anyone's interested...cheap

Why sealed????
JV
The World was flat once....what happened??
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape

Postby Mikele » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:48 am

they've send me my order twice!! :)
Mikele
Ol' 78

Postby KingdomOfMan » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:46 pm

Journey/Survivor wrote:

My copy of the RockCandy reissue of Too Hot To Sleep has the same fault on the artwork. I've gotten over it though :-)
KingdomOfMan
Radio Waves

Return to Survivor / Jim / Jimi / Toby / PoL / Dave