Journey 2018 Tour

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Re: Journey 2018 Tour

Postby ebake02 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:37 pm

scarab wrote:
tater1977 wrote:
scarab wrote:Looks like even though they add a 3rd act for the stadiums the setlist doesn't shorten (but remains the same).
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/journey/ ... a0463.html

Suntrust holds 42K for concerts. Wonder how the turnout was? I looked on TM and there were tons of open seats, even on the field.

NEAL SCHON MUSIc @NealSchonMusic

Atlanta last night sold out at SunTrust Park Stadium


Damn if thats true, very impressive. Its amazing cause I saw them back in 1998 to an unsold out 2500 seat "auditorium".



Both bands are only telling half the story, they sold out Madison Square Garden which last I knew holds about 20,000 but the latest box scores lists the capacity as only about 12,000. Same story in Buffalo, Keybank Center holds 19,000 but billboard lists the capacity as only 11,000. It looks like their selling out the tickets that are available but it’s not a sell out in the traditional sense.

https://www.billboard.com/biz/current-boxscore
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2777
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:01 pm
Location: North Central PA

Re: Journey 2018 Tour

Postby scarab » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:14 pm

While impressive that they have come so far, tons of empty seats at Sun Trust when you watch the vids. Even on the ground. Third tier looked pretty occupied though.
Arnel sure sounds great!
User avatar
scarab
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1571
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Pigs Eye, MN

Re: Journey 2018 Tour

Postby tater1977 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:05 am

They did the first part of Liberty, then went into Wheel in the Sky

Neal & Michaele Schon

LIBERTY

in MEMPHIS
JOURNEY TOUR 2018

https://www.facebook.com/nealmichaeleof ... Wo&fref=nf

2nd min of song
worldwide exposure @wwexposure

https://twitter.com/wwexposure/status/1 ... 5402315777
Last edited by tater1977 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4887
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 am
Location: USA

Re: Journey 2018 Tour

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:39 am

tater1977 wrote:They did the first part of Liberty, then went into Wheel in the Sky

Neal & Michaele Schon

LIBERTY

in MEMPHIS
JOURNEY TOUR 2018

https://www.facebook.com/nealmichaeleof ... Wo&fref=nf


Awesome! Add it to the set!
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 13434
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Journey 2018 Tour

Postby Arkansas » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:12 pm

As Grank Funk once said, "Last night in Little Rock, left me in a haze" (para'd)
Very loud, but the mix was mint! These guys were ON. I've been to many, many shows since the 70s, and this was possibly as good as it gets. Third time to see AP, and this was the best yet. Toward the end, he hit the aisles to slap hands, especially with many of the Filipinos there. That was really cool.

Btw, Def Leppard was awesome, a total show, very high tech, best ever. I overheard many comments of 'how is Journey gonna beat that?', but I think they did. In addition to all the songs, they played solo medleys that just showcased their musicianship...totally wow'd people.

I don't have the Journey set list, but it was different. Maybe only 10 of the DD, and several older tracks, including 'Liberty'. Played 'Wildest Dream' from Revelation too. LTS was early, and I think Faithfully & DSB w/confetti closed.


later~
Arkansas
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2459
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:23 am
Location: duh?

Re: Journey 2018 Tour

Postby Arkansas » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:08 am

And let me add this, I was one of the many that speculated, "How is Journey gonna beat Def Leppard tonight?"

I mean, regardless of the tix prices, I think I'd been okay with just DL. Yes, they are that good! Every one of them had spotlight plays. From Savage doing 'Rock On', to Allen's solo foot heroics, it's really hard to get any better than Collen or Campbell. And of course, not only lead vocals for Joe Elliott, but this guy is a consummate front man.

However, however, yes, I'm biased because of my Journey history. But as many on the forums, over all the years, I've been a critic. Although I'm one of many a Perry stalwart, I loved the torch-passing that Perry did at the RnRHoF celebration. And last night proved it so. Arnel Pineda is the man!

I have not one iota a problem whatsoever with DL using programmed backing vocals or keys/strings. To me, it's all about the songs and the show. It's all about giving the crowd what they want/need to hear. Likewise with Journey, even though Travis Thibodaux wasn't announced, he was obviously on stage. For those of us that know his contribution, I think it is very much welcomed. In fact, there were times I could hear keys, and no one was playing, or singing the high end. Did that dilute my attitude? Perhaps, but I didn't really care. Seems that JC played guitar on half of all the set, but I absolutely loved it! Seeing him onstage with Ross & Neal, even on the cat walk, just gave more of a band-centric appearance. And if Travis T was part of all the schtuff that nobody really knew about, than kudos! Not only to him, but to the 'show' as a whole.

In all my many years of being a Journey fan, I went to the show last night, "just to go", but I'll tell you this. It was absolutely an awesome/outstanding concert! Btw, my adolescent son, who's all about some indie bands that I don't know, said "Dad, these guys are the major league of rock concerts. They are so good, as a band, and individually."

I said, Yes, welcome to the club. Amen.


later~
Arkansas
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2459
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:23 am
Location: duh?

Re: Journey 2018 Tour

Postby tater1977 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:27 pm

Journey, Def Leppard join forces for hit-filled tour

http://www.macombdaily.com/article/MD/2 ... /180709868
- FULL ARTICLE

By Gary Graff / 07/09/18

… Journey, however, spent last year touring under the shadow of a one-side social media feud waged by guitarist Neal Schon against Cain. Business and political matters appeared to be at the heart of it, but Def Leppard’s Collen, 60, reports that “they’re lovely.”

“Obviously, we know there was some stuff going on, but we don’t see it and they play amazing every single night.”

Cain, meanwhile, promises that Journey is “clicking” again and has gotten past whatever issues existed.

“Neal and I have reset,” says Cain, 68, who’s married to minister and presidential advisor Paula White. “We didn’t even talk about it. We don’t have to. It’s over. It was a big misunderstanding to a large degree. We didn’t have to explain it. Time heals everything.

“And the music’s bigger than those kinds of disagreements. When I walked into the room for rehearsals I could see (Schon) was ready to go again. He’s excited to go out there and play together, and I think the brotherhood is restored in a good way and we’re just out there for the fans and the legacy.

“We just got the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, so you want to live up to that and I think that’s the spirit you go out with, not anything else.”
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4887
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 am
Location: USA

Re: Journey 2018 Tour

Postby tater1977 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:30 pm

tater1977 wrote:Journey, Def Leppard join forces for hit-filled tour

http://www.macombdaily.com/article/MD/2 ... /180709868
- FULL ARTICLE

By Gary Graff / 07/09/18

… Journey, however, spent last year touring under the shadow of a one-side social media feud waged by guitarist Neal Schon against Cain. Business and political matters appeared to be at the heart of it, but Def Leppard’s Collen, 60, reports that “they’re lovely.”

“Obviously, we know there was some stuff going on, but we don’t see it and they play amazing every single night.”

Cain, meanwhile, promises that Journey is “clicking” again and has gotten past whatever issues existed.

“Neal and I have reset,” says Cain, 68, who’s married to minister and presidential advisor Paula White. “We didn’t even talk about it. We don’t have to. It’s over. It was a big misunderstanding to a large degree. We didn’t have to explain it. Time heals everything.

“And the music’s bigger than those kinds of disagreements. When I walked into the room for rehearsals I could see (Schon) was ready to go again. He’s excited to go out there and play together, and I think the brotherhood is restored in a good way and we’re just out there for the fans and the legacy.

“We just got the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, so you want to live up to that and I think that’s the spirit you go out with, not anything else.”

So just tuck it away and play, for the tour.
:roll:
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4887
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 am
Location: USA

Re: Journey 2018 Tour

Postby tater1977 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:33 pm

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/def-lepp ... 2018-tour/

… Def Leppard guitarist Phil Collen has revealed that his absence from early dates on his band’s co-headlining tour with Journey was due to complications his wife Helen endured while giving birth to the couple’s son, Jackson.

Collen left the tour after the band’s May 23 show in Albany, N.Y.

“She actually died and they brought her back to life," Collen told radio personality Mitch Lafon. “[There was] internal bleeding and just craziness. ... So I was actually on tour and when this happened. I obviously had to go to California [to be with her].”
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4887
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 am
Location: USA

Re: Journey 2018 Tour

Postby efrasjourney » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:46 am

Arkansas wrote:And let me add this, I was one of the many that speculated, "How is Journey gonna beat Def Leppard tonight?"

I mean, regardless of the tix prices, I think I'd been okay with just DL. Yes, they are that good! Every one of them had spotlight plays. From Savage doing 'Rock On', to Allen's solo foot heroics, it's really hard to get any better than Collen or Campbell. And of course, not only lead vocals for Joe Elliott, but this guy is a consummate front man.

However, however, yes, I'm biased because of my Journey history. But as many on the forums, over all the years, I've been a critic. Although I'm one of many a Perry stalwart, I loved the torch-passing that Perry did at the RnRHoF celebration. And last night proved it so. Arnel Pineda is the man!

I have not one iota a problem whatsoever with DL using programmed backing vocals or keys/strings. To me, it's all about the songs and the show. It's all about giving the crowd what they want/need to hear. Likewise with Journey, even though Travis Thibodaux wasn't announced, he was obviously on stage. For those of us that know his contribution, I think it is very much welcomed. In fact, there were times I could hear keys, and no one was playing, or singing the high end. Did that dilute my attitude? Perhaps, but I didn't really care. Seems that JC played guitar on half of all the set, but I absolutely loved it! Seeing him onstage with Ross & Neal, even on the cat walk, just gave more of a band-centric appearance. And if Travis T was part of all the schtuff that nobody really knew about, than kudos! Not only to him, but to the 'show' as a whole.

In all my many years of being a Journey fan, I went to the show last night, "just to go", but I'll tell you this. It was absolutely an awesome/outstanding concert! Btw, my adolescent son, who's all about some indie bands that I don't know, said "Dad, these guys are the major league of rock concerts. They are so good, as a band, and individually."

I said, Yes, welcome to the club. Amen.


later~


Where's the like button? Can't find it. Anyway, I like this post :)
efrasjourney
Radio Waves
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:37 am

Re: Journey 2018 Tour

Postby perryfan61 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:56 am

efrasjourney wrote:
Arkansas wrote:And let me add this, I was one of the many that speculated, "How is Journey gonna beat Def Leppard tonight?"

I mean, regardless of the tix prices, I think I'd been okay with just DL. Yes, they are that good! Every one of them had spotlight plays. From Savage doing 'Rock On', to Allen's solo foot heroics, it's really hard to get any better than Collen or Campbell. And of course, not only lead vocals for Joe Elliott, but this guy is a consummate front man.

However, however, yes, I'm biased because of my Journey history. But as many on the forums, over all the years, I've been a critic. Although I'm one of many a Perry stalwart, I loved the torch-passing that Perry did at the RnRHoF celebration. And last night proved it so. Arnel Pineda is the man!

I have not one iota a problem whatsoever with DL using programmed backing vocals or keys/strings. To me, it's all about the songs and the show. It's all about giving the crowd what they want/need to hear. Likewise with Journey, even though Travis Thibodaux wasn't announced, he was obviously on stage. For those of us that know his contribution, I think it is very much welcomed. In fact, there were times I could hear keys, and no one was playing, or singing the high end. Did that dilute my attitude? Perhaps, but I didn't really care. Seems that JC played guitar on half of all the set, but I absolutely loved it! Seeing him onstage with Ross & Neal, even on the cat walk, just gave more of a band-centric appearance. And if Travis T was part of all the schtuff that nobody really knew about, than kudos! Not only to him, but to the 'show' as a whole.

In all my many years of being a Journey fan, I went to the show last night, "just to go", but I'll tell you this. It was absolutely an awesome/outstanding concert! Btw, my adolescent son, who's all about some indie bands that I don't know, said "Dad, these guys are the major league of rock concerts. They are so good, as a band, and individually."

I said, Yes, welcome to the club. Amen.


later~


Where's the like button? Can't find it. Anyway, I like this post :)


Me too :D :D
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
User avatar
perryfan61
8 Track
 
Posts: 822
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:46 am
Location: New Brunswick. Canada

Re: Journey 2018 Tour

Postby scarab » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:58 am

perryfan61 wrote:
efrasjourney wrote:
Arkansas wrote:And let me add this, I was one of the many that speculated, "How is Journey gonna beat Def Leppard tonight?"

I mean, regardless of the tix prices, I think I'd been okay with just DL. Yes, they are that good! Every one of them had spotlight plays. From Savage doing 'Rock On', to Allen's solo foot heroics, it's really hard to get any better than Collen or Campbell. And of course, not only lead vocals for Joe Elliott, but this guy is a consummate front man.

However, however, yes, I'm biased because of my Journey history. But as many on the forums, over all the years, I've been a critic. Although I'm one of many a Perry stalwart, I loved the torch-passing that Perry did at the RnRHoF celebration. And last night proved it so. Arnel Pineda is the man!

I have not one iota a problem whatsoever with DL using programmed backing vocals or keys/strings. To me, it's all about the songs and the show. It's all about giving the crowd what they want/need to hear. Likewise with Journey, even though Travis Thibodaux wasn't announced, he was obviously on stage. For those of us that know his contribution, I think it is very much welcomed. In fact, there were times I could hear keys, and no one was playing, or singing the high end. Did that dilute my attitude? Perhaps, but I didn't really care. Seems that JC played guitar on half of all the set, but I absolutely loved it! Seeing him onstage with Ross & Neal, even on the cat walk, just gave more of a band-centric appearance. And if Travis T was part of all the schtuff that nobody really knew about, than kudos! Not only to him, but to the 'show' as a whole.

In all my many years of being a Journey fan, I went to the show last night, "just to go", but I'll tell you this. It was absolutely an awesome/outstanding concert! Btw, my adolescent son, who's all about some indie bands that I don't know, said "Dad, these guys are the major league of rock concerts. They are so good, as a band, and individually."

I said, Yes, welcome to the club. Amen.


later~


Where's the like button? Can't find it. Anyway, I like this post :)


Me too :D :D



Arkansas, this is truly the one of the best posts in ages on any of the forums. Thank You.
User avatar
scarab
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1571
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Pigs Eye, MN

Re: Journey 2018 Tour

Postby Gideon » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:20 am

Caught them in Louisville last week. Best seats I’ve had at a Journey concert.

Leppard kicked ass. Great sound and showmanship.
Journey started out strong, but the sound quality sucks. Arnel still sounds impressive as hell for his age; he’s definitely being smarter about how he uses his voice.

That said, Journey didn’t carry their momentum like Leppard did. Too many solos, deep cuts and new songs for a limited set list in this crowd.
'Nothing was bigger for Journey than 1981’s “Escape” album. “I have to attribute that to Jonathan coming in and joining the writing team,” Steve Perry (Feb 2012).'
User avatar
Gideon
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4366
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:12 am
Location: Kentucky.

Re: Journey 2018 Tour

Postby Arkansas » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:55 am

Gideon wrote:That said, Journey didn’t carry their momentum like Leppard did. Too many solos, deep cuts and new songs for a limited set list in this crowd.


Valid points. As good as Journey was in LR, the momentum did weaken at times. And there was kind of an awkward moment when JC was doing a medley. He hit the intro to WCN, and the entire arena jumped to their feet, but then they didn't play the song and there was a collective sigh as if a bubble burst.

And I know these double and triple bill shows have tight scheds, but with the older demographic, WCN should be there, and maybe even if they could find a way to pull off 'Feeling That Way/Anytime'. I think that would be a crowd-pleaser. (Ya know, having Gregg Rolie sit in at a few shows might be a nice distant segue into the JTT thing?)

later~
Arkansas
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2459
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:23 am
Location: duh?

Re: Journey 2018 Tour

Postby scarab » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:18 am

Wow, looks like they dropped an encore for their last few shows (unless DSB is the encore).
I suppose the want to go out with there best song, but AWYWI is a great encore following DSB.

Limit Schon to one soulful solo and get rid of Cains Medley and just do Whos Cryin now.
And please play at least 1 Eclipse and TBF song. I think Someone would do well live. Sounds right off Frontiers.
When you love a woman was a top ten hit and was added to the GH CD. Crazy they don't do it. Maybe one too many ballads.
User avatar
scarab
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1571
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Pigs Eye, MN

Re: Journey 2018 Tour

Postby Arkansas » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:21 pm

I think Cain's medley is very important. But rather than bunch-up a half dozen songs, only do 3-4 at semi-length, and the last feed into WCN. He also did a little noodling & talking intro to Faithfully near the end of the show. I think that fit well. And yes, When You Love a Woman would have been awesome too!

Btw, no encore in LR either. I wondered if that's just the way they're ending the show this tour, or maybe, local ordinances required all foot traffic and parking needed to be cleared by a certain hour. :?:


later~
Arkansas
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2459
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:23 am
Location: duh?

Re: Journey 2018 Tour

Postby JourneyHard » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:33 am

If Journey was going to a Hits Only Concert, this is what it would look like. The highest the song got on a billboard charts is listed after the song. I think people would complain about this more than their current set list. I think Journey is doing a pretty good job with their set list if you think about it.

JOURNEY SET LIST
1. Any Way You Want It (23)
2. Send Her My Love (23)
3. Still They Ride (19)
4. Suzanne (17)
5. Girl Can’t Help It (17)
6. Lovin, Touchin, Squeezin (16)
7. I’ll Be Alright Without You (14)
8. Faithfully (12)
9. When You Love A Woman (12)
10. Be Good To Yourself (9)
11. Only The Young (9)
12. Don’t Stop Believin’ (9)
13. Separate Ways (8)
14. Who’s Cryin’ Now (4)
15. Open Arms (2)
JourneyHard
8 Track
 
Posts: 749
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:41 pm

Re: Journey 2018 Tour

Postby scarab » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:48 am

good list

but didnt When you love a woman go #9? and was played to death in 1996.
crazy suzanne went #17 when i never heard it on the radio.
User avatar
scarab
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1571
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Pigs Eye, MN

Re: Journey 2018 Tour

Postby Gideon » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:23 pm

You can keep Stone In Love in the set list.

I can verify that the crowd goes ape shit for it.
'Nothing was bigger for Journey than 1981’s “Escape” album. “I have to attribute that to Jonathan coming in and joining the writing team,” Steve Perry (Feb 2012).'
User avatar
Gideon
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4366
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:12 am
Location: Kentucky.

Re: Journey 2018 Tour

Postby JourneyHard » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:23 am

Who's Cryin' Now is Journey's second biggest hit song ever. It is a crime they don't play in concert every tour.
JourneyHard
8 Track
 
Posts: 749
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:41 pm

Re: Journey 2018 Tour

Postby scarab » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:11 am

Gideon wrote:You can keep Stone In Love in the set list.

I can verify that the crowd goes ape shit for it.


Yeah, amazed it never was a top 40 hit. It had no video as well, but is played tons on Classic Rock radio.
Wonder why The FM hit Chain Reaction never got love on the radio. Great song but dropped after the first few shows on the current tour.

In the TC the only Journey Songs ever played on radio is,
Lights
Feeling/Anytime (Semi rare)
WITS
LTS
Just same way (semi rare)
AWYWI
Hopelessly in love (semi rare)
DSB (of course)
Stone in Love
Open Arms (but never on classic rock radio) Mainly on JACK FM
Whos Crying now
Sep Ways
Faithfully

seems like Journey died in 83.

Songs I have not heard in ages or never that were hits or FM hits

Walks Like a Lady never
Still they ride never
Send her my love (its crazy this was played to death in 83/84 and routinely through the 80s on, but have not heard it since the early 90s)
After the fall never
BGTY Maybe a dozen times since 87
Ask the lonely only the young never since 85.
The other ROR "hits" Suzanne (once) GCHI, IBAWY, Never since 87
The many played MTV video (which was #1 on their top 10 show) Why Cant this Night, never (but I believe maybe top 50ish on charts)
When you love a woman, never since 1998.
MOL once late at night. was in shock.
Higher Place 1/2 dozen times ever.
All the way and every other post Perry song, never.

hope in other markets Journey gets more love in terrestrial markets.
User avatar
scarab
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1571
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Pigs Eye, MN

Re: Journey 2018 Tour

Postby jrny84 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:55 am

scarab wrote:
Gideon wrote:You can keep Stone In Love in the set list.

I can verify that the crowd goes ape shit for it.


Yeah, amazed it never was a top 40 hit. It had no video as well, but is played tons on Classic Rock radio.
Wonder why The FM hit Chain Reaction never got love on the radio. Great song but dropped after the first few shows on the current tour.

In the TC the only Journey Songs ever played on radio is,
Lights
Feeling/Anytime (Semi rare)
WITS
LTS
Just same way (semi rare)
AWYWI
Hopelessly in love (semi rare)
DSB (of course)
Stone in Love
Open Arms (but never on classic rock radio) Mainly on JACK FM
Whos Crying now
Sep Ways
Faithfully

seems like Journey died in 83.

Songs I have not heard in ages or never that were hits or FM hits

Walks Like a Lady never
Still they ride never
Send her my love (its crazy this was played to death in 83/84 and routinely through the 80s on, but have not heard it since the early 90s)
After the fall never
BGTY Maybe a dozen times since 87
Ask the lonely only the young never since 85.
The other ROR "hits" Suzanne (once) GCHI, IBAWY, Never since 87
The many played MTV video (which was #1 on their top 10 show) Why Cant this Night, never (but I believe maybe top 50ish on charts)
When you love a woman, never since 1998.
MOL once late at night. was in shock.
Higher Place 1/2 dozen times ever.
All the way and every other post Perry song, never.

hope in other markets Journey gets more love in terrestrial markets.


Here in the southwest MI area there is a great rock station 92.7 (Midwest Broadcasting) that plays alot of Journey. I routinely hear "Only the Young", "Send Her My Love", and "Be Good to Yourself". There used to be an adult contemporary station that would play "If he should break your heart", which was pretty cool.

It's perplexing to me that I NEVER hear "When you love a woman". How can a grammy nominated song, probably the second best ballad they have in my opinion not regularly played like "Faithfully" and "Open Arms"? I'd be perfectly content never hearing OA again. And yes I agree, "Whos Crying Now" should always be in the set list.
User avatar
jrny84
8 Track
 
Posts: 972
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:43 am
Location: Michigan/Florida

Re: Journey 2018 Tour

Postby tater1977 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:41 pm

VIDEO - Jonathan Cain's 2018 Journey Keyboard Rig

Keyboard Magazine

https://www.keyboardmag.com/artists/vid ... yboard-rig

Famed Journey keyboardist, songwriter and author ("Don’t Stop Believin’: The Man, the Band, and the Song that Inspired Generations") Jonathan Cain gives KEYBOARD an exclusive tour of his 2018 keyboard rig.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... UGoD5xRRbU
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4887
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 am
Location: USA

Re: Journey 2018 Tour

Postby JourneyHard » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:18 am

Songs I heard from Journey on Detroit Radio in my lifetime:

1. Lights
2. Wheel In The Sky
3. Feelin' That Way/Anytime <--------they still play this a lot
4. Loving Touching Squeezin/City Of Angels <--------they used to play this a lot. Now it is usually only LTS
5. When You're Alone, It's Not Easy <-----They used to play this a lot. But no more.
6. Just The Same Way
7. Any Way You Want It
8. Where Were You <------they used to play this a lot. But I haven't heard it on radio since 1980's
9. Dixie Highway
10. Don't Stop Believin'
11. Stone In Love
12. Who's Cryin Now
13. Keep On Runnin
14. Escape
15. Open Arms
16. Separate Ways
17. Send Her My Love
18. Chain Reaction
19. Faithfully
20. Only The Young
21. Be Good To Yourself
22. I'll Be Alright Without You
23. When You Love A Woman
24. Can't Tame The Lion <----back in 1996, I heard this once a week
JourneyHard
8 Track
 
Posts: 749
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:41 pm

Re: Journey 2018 Tour

Postby scarab » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:35 am

JourneyHard wrote:Songs I heard from Journey on Detroit Radio in my lifetime:

1. Lights
2. Wheel In The Sky
3. Feelin' That Way/Anytime <--------they still play this a lot
4. Loving Touching Squeezin/City Of Angels <--------they used to play this a lot. Now it is usually only LTS
5. When You're Alone, It's Not Easy <-----They used to play this a lot. But no more.
6. Just The Same Way
7. Any Way You Want It
8. Where Were You <------they used to play this a lot. But I haven't heard it on radio since 1980's
9. Dixie Highway
10. Don't Stop Believin'
11. Stone In Love
12. Who's Cryin Now
13. Keep On Runnin
14. Escape
15. Open Arms
16. Separate Ways
17. Send Her My Love
18. Chain Reaction
19. Faithfully
20. Only The Young
21. Be Good To Yourself
22. I'll Be Alright Without You
23. When You Love A Woman
24. Can't Tame The Lion <----back in 1996, I heard this once a week
c

No wonder why Detroit loves Journey. Amazed the play last in MPLS with little radio support.
Forgot I actually heard Precious Time, a great Journey song (but non hit) from departure 1/2 dozen times on FM radio.
User avatar
scarab
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1571
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Pigs Eye, MN

Re: Journey 2018 Tour

Postby tater1977 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:37 am

newest Journey setlist I can find

Wichita KS July 16 2018

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/journey/ ... b94ec.html

Separate Ways
Only the Young
Escape
Stone in Love
Be Good to Yourself
Neal Schon Guitar Solo #1
Lights
Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'
Jonathan Cain Piano Solo
Who's Crying Now
Open Arms
La Do Da
Steve Smith Drum Solo
Any Way You Want It
Neal Schon Guitar Solo #2
Liberty
Wheel in the Sky
Faithfully
Don't Stop Believin'
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4887
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 am
Location: USA

Re: Journey 2018 Tour

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:40 am

tater1977 wrote:newest Journey setlist I can find

Wichita KS July 16 2018

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/journey/ ... b94ec.html

Separate Ways
Only the Young
Escape
Stone in Love
Be Good to Yourself
Neal Schon Guitar Solo #1
Lights
Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'
Jonathan Cain Piano Solo
Who's Crying Now
Open Arms
La Do Da
Steve Smith Drum Solo
Any Way You Want It
Neal Schon Guitar Solo #2
Liberty
Wheel in the Sky
Faithfully
Don't Stop Believin'


Holy shit is that uninspiring. You can find Journey cover bands with better set lists.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 13434
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Journey 2018 Tour

Postby JourneyHard » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:17 pm

At least they put Who's Cryin' Now back in the set list. That is something.
JourneyHard
8 Track
 
Posts: 749
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:41 pm

Re: Journey 2018 Tour

Postby scarab » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:09 pm

Looks like Wildest Dream has been dropped as well making the "newest" song was recorded in 1986, 32 years ago. :shock:
User avatar
scarab
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1571
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Pigs Eye, MN

Re: Journey 2018 Tour

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:30 am

scarab wrote:Looks like Wildest Dream has been dropped as well making the "newest" song was recorded in 1986, 32 years ago. :shock:


Pathetic! They should be playing an Arrival song and an Eclipse song every night.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 13434
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

PreviousNext

Return to Journey

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests

cron