Jonathan Cain's New Memoir: 10 Things We Learned

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Re: Jonathan Cain's New Memoir: 10 Things We Learned

Postby steveo777 » Fri May 18, 2018 9:40 am

brywool wrote:Baruck was a DICK to Arnel after the Chile show. "I was livid"?? SCREW YOU, Baruck. Arnel Pineda just pulled YOUR ACT out of the frigging GRAVE and the people of Chile loved him AND Journey. You shoulda kissed his ass and you should be now. Wow, what a creep that guy is."He threatened to go home as he probably did after every day of the tour" - what a crappy thing to say about the guy that just saved your paycheck. Baruck should be grateful to Pineda because he still has a job and he shouldn't be airing things like that to the general public. Keep it between you, Arnel, and Journey. I knew I didn't like him before when I saw him do that on film, now that he's out there yacking about it makes me hate him more. "We don't do that" - BS. First of all "We"?? - you're a manager. You're not a performer. Steve Perry ALWAYS looked like a hyperactive kid out there and ran around everywhere. Just because Augeri was more sedate didn't mean Arnel had to be. If the manager wants to be the front guy, push his ass out on stage. Wow. Whatta jerk.

The comments about JSS using a device... I don't believe that in the least. You'd hear it. If there was some deception (there wasn't, obviously) - why would Baruck put that out there for public knowledge? That's obviously not something that anybody in the band would be happy for the public to know. Potentially damaging to JSS's reputation as well.

Man, if I was Neal, I would've been looking into a new manager immediately after that interview. This guy is someone that can't be trusted.

I could have sworn that it was John Toomey, not Baruck, who was the dick to Arnel. Is Cain sure he's got the right guy on this? Anyone else seem to remember this?
steveo777
MP3

Postby brywool » Sat May 19, 2018 4:38 am

steveo777 wrote:
I could have sworn that it was John Toomey, not Baruck, who was the dick to Arnel. Is Cain sure he's got the right guy on this? Anyone else seem to remember this?

I thought the guy in the film was Baruck.
brywool
Digital Audio Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat May 19, 2018 8:06 am

steveo777 wrote:
brywool wrote:Baruck was a DICK to Arnel after the Chile show. "I was livid"?? SCREW YOU, Baruck. Arnel Pineda just pulled YOUR ACT out of the frigging GRAVE and the people of Chile loved him AND Journey. You shoulda kissed his ass and you should be now. Wow, what a creep that guy is."He threatened to go home as he probably did after every day of the tour" - what a crappy thing to say about the guy that just saved your paycheck. Baruck should be grateful to Pineda because he still has a job and he shouldn't be airing things like that to the general public. Keep it between you, Arnel, and Journey. I knew I didn't like him before when I saw him do that on film, now that he's out there yacking about it makes me hate him more. "We don't do that" - BS. First of all "We"?? - you're a manager. You're not a performer. Steve Perry ALWAYS looked like a hyperactive kid out there and ran around everywhere. Just because Augeri was more sedate didn't mean Arnel had to be. If the manager wants to be the front guy, push his ass out on stage. Wow. Whatta jerk.

The comments about JSS using a device... I don't believe that in the least. You'd hear it. If there was some deception (there wasn't, obviously) - why would Baruck put that out there for public knowledge? That's obviously not something that anybody in the band would be happy for the public to know. Potentially damaging to JSS's reputation as well.

Man, if I was Neal, I would've been looking into a new manager immediately after that interview. This guy is someone that can't be trusted.

Brywool is talking about a Baruck interview posted in this thread. Not Cain's book.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby ebake02 » Sun May 20, 2018 12:57 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
FamilyMan wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:I'm curious to see if Cain mentions Chalfant or Augeri at all in the book.

Cain speaks lovingly about Augeri in the book.

Nice. I was hoping that would be the case. Thanks.

Not the biggest fan of Sherrie Swafford though, he sorts of paints her as Journey’s Yoko Ono.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Previous

Return to Journey